• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Kojima likes to troll, so I'm not sure. I stopped expecting PS5 reveal dates about 1303 disappointments ago. It happens when it happens.

Ftfy.

I mean if Kojima is hinting at the reveal then he wouldn’t be alone. The thing would have been leaked by others too. That’s why most likely it’s a new project announcement from Kojipro.

Last edited:

DJ12

You know it is possible Sony have been gagged, and are waiting on AMD to allow them to reveal anything. 🤔
gagged no, maybe asked to delay. Sony and MS pay billions to AMD, so very doubtful they could gag them.

But it's clearly due to Corona, so why speculate.

I hope neither console to be delayed, as that is worst case scenario. I *do* expect both to be heavily supply constrained though, probably moreso than any other console launch before if this virus cannot be contained.

As far as March 3rd, what if it is simply Kojima Prodictions is one of Sony's acquisitions and nothing PS5?

pasterpl

I hope neither console to be delayed, as that is worst case scenario. I *do* expect both to be heavily supply constrained though, probably moreso than any other console launch before if this virus cannot be contained.

As far as March 3rd, what if it is simply Kojima Prodictions is one of Sony's acquisitions and nothing PS5?

What if this is simply a new game announcement?

Dodkrake

Banned
Final specs of PS5 (retail unit) should have been locked/finalized by now, right?

Should be, yes. You need to stock components, provide devs with the final spec sheet and dev kit, etc. There may be slight adjustments to certain component sizes, even changes to the box, but the specs should be locked in by now.

BatSu

10.6Tl coming soon ...

9OeBW.gif

pasterpl

Should we consider Stadia a next-gen as well? Serious question. I am just wondering if the system wars should now be Stadia vs PC (master race) vs Xbots vs Sony Defence Force? I have omitted Nintendo on purpose, they seem to be in their own world.

Banned
Should we consider Stadia a next-gen as well? Serious question. I am just wondering if the system wars should now be Stadia vs PC (master race) vs Xbots vs Sony Defence Force? I have omitted Nintendo on purpose, they seem to be in their own world.

stadia can barely compete with One X in terms of graphics performance... so if we do it's not really fair xP

Shmunter

Those platforms are fluid enough in power where gens are meaningless in their context. Consoles are drivers behind gens simply because they are the tide that raises all ships. Next gen software by definition can only exist in it’s intended from on next gen platform.

So, the FFVII-R demo shadow dropped without warning.

I don't think Sony will follow suit on anything PS5, but if they are going to announce a SoP, it has to be this morning or early afternoon..can't be evening, imo.

Still extremely short notice, but if Tommy has gone knocking and Osiris has shown back up, maybe there is something brewing.

My money is Kojima acquisition, maybe his next game reveal for next gen, possibly a CDPR free upgrade announcement for a PS5 version of FFVIIR and that's all the PS5 news we get.

Hope I'm wrong, very much so just hard to be hyped and easy to be cynical these days.

jonnyp

What is going on?

Why is everyone almost convinced that something is happening tomorrow? Its 2nd March here in NZ

How can a plannes PS5 reveal just suddenly pop up in the last day or so and be happening in a day?

WTF guys. I dont want blue balls again FFS

Can you feel it all the way down to your plums?

zubairali2

I can see a announcement of a state of play on march 3rd and the actual state of play thursday.

thats what i was thinking when Heisenberg said thursday morning on era. AMD will probably explain everything later in the day after sony reveals the ps5. fingers crossed!

I really want Sony to release the specs of the PS5, but I don't think they have any reason to. I think the response would be larger if they waited until the last minute and humiliated everyone who proposed the GPU would be 9TFLOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom