• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Md Ray

Came across this interesting reply to a comment on RGT's latest vid.

RHqHx95.png

And on that note, came across this interesting analysis on next-gen CPU:

It makes zero Sense what are you saying also cost doesnt matter for a Devkit

Do you think developing silicon from scratch in order to make a dozen devkits isn't expensive, specially at a point where the final hardware profile isn't set in stone?

Ok than, have fun being this naive.

Farrell55

Banned
Do you think developing silicon from scratch in order to make a dozen devkits isn't expensive, specially at a point where the final hardware profile isn't set in stone?

Ok than, have fun being this naive.
At early stage they use pc parts with special bios like they did with ps4

So would you say an early Prototype soc with jaguar instead of Zen would be cheaper?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Let say it’s a state of play. No invites needs to be sent. Don’t 3rd party publishers have to submit trailers that Sony would show in the SoP? I mean we would definitely hear something before. Right now it’s just too quiet.

I believe OsirisBlack had mentioned something about videos being put together... though, that was a while ago now.

xool

Who started the PS5 dual GPU rumors?

What about a Zen2 8C/16T CCX + IO chiplet plus 1 or 2 36CU GPUlets, for a 2 SKU solution, one $349 (1080p), the other $499 (4k) .. both at at launch, using Integrated Fan Out tech ...

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Will the PS5 have better WiFi capabilities? I hope so.

I feel like I have to keep my PS4 wired in order to have the best possible experience, which is a hassle with such a long cord I have to discreetly lead around the house

You could as well use a 3rd part device like a router then use ethernet instead, that should be better than the consoles wifi. I use a direct wire for both my PC and PS4 Pro.

Who started the PS5 dual GPU rumors?

What about a Zen2 8C/16T CCX + IO chiplet plus 1 or 2 36CU GPUlets, for a 2 SKU solution, one $349 (1080p), the other $499 (4k) .. both at at launch, using Integrated Fan Out tech ...
we would be hearing more if so. its monolithic chip for both imo

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
i feel one more wired article is coming soon and then a live or prerecorded reveal in may.

who is with me? 👀
I don't think we'll get an article anymore. Next up is the reveal which will be end of March or beginning of April.

IF the Xbox event reveal picture was real, I would guess that Sony would like to go first to direct the messaging on what's important for next gen.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't know if he said so, but Remedy is a publicly traded company and it has not been bought by anyone. It was almost certainly a rumour spread to talk up the stock price, and it worked. https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/REMEDY.HE/

It’s already been covered, they’re not an American company and are not subject by American stock market rules. If they are purchased, it can remain anonymous for some time.

Now I’m not saying that they are, but this isn’t the gotcha in either direction.

pd9696

Neo Member
It’s already been covered, they’re not an American company and are not subject by American stock market rules. If they are purchased, it can remain anonymous for some time.

Now I’m not saying that they are, but this isn’t the gotcha in either direction.

h6NXIyA.png

hardseppo

Microsoft attends AMD Financial Day (RDNA2)

Rumors MS will show FM8 and FH4 using RT/VRS/SSR on AMD's Financial event.
Interesting... did you also see one of the comments with the link to Sony Japan page, where it states RDNA. Why doesn't it say RDNA2? What do the insiders think of this?

mitchman

Gold Member

They're a publicly traded company in Finland, it seems, and their rules are similar to most western countries, they would need to cash out the other owners and that wouldn't be secret. Sony might have bough a larger share of the company from the publicly traded stock, but that would be hard to keep secret.

splattered

Maybe Sony finally bought Remedy just so Control would be considered a 1st party game and they will have something else to put in PSNow while their other 1st party studios are busy porting their games to pc before all going to gamepass! Heh

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Gotta be honest, really surprised control still isn’t on gamepass. This doesn’t mean it won’t go or can’t go, but I’m very surprised it’s not there yet still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom