• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

did they say it was RDNA 1? lmao

Nah GitHub is the only truth so join us brother
foA1hhH.gif

Found it accidentally on Amazon:

3rmg00.jpg

Well "predictions" is a nice way of describing what he was actually doing: spamming the forum with "github leak is 100% the PS5 chip and will be 36CU at most" and being arrogant towards anyone who disagreed.

R600 bailed out of NeoGAF like:
giphy.gif

Christ. Who had the worst week? Bernie Sanders supporters or Github truthers?

I almost feel sorry for them.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
I feel like having much more fun watching the people in this thread (and some others) dancing, jumping, name calling in this thread after the AMD financial analyst stream than the whole PS5 vs XSX thing itself.

The PS5 vs XSX is not that interesting as the most logical speculation would be the two consoles will be on par in terms of raw power (as I stated way back).
That's a really long form way of just posting: popcorn.gif
Quite this thriller isn't it? Some great twists too!

Like when we found out R600 asked for a ban. Or when Tommy Fisher fd up when he didn't have to.

giphy.gif

Kotaku's Jason Schreier after WC confirms 12TF for Series X

"Told y'all both Sony and MS were aiming to beat Stadia's number."

He's clearly talking about the number, not the architecture.

This was in December. To some of you who requested a self ban or are simply "taking a break" due to the recent events, reflect on your life the past 3 months and wonder how more productive your time would have been if you spent it on something based in reality.

Last edited:

Bludbro

Neo Member
Was wondering. Can anyone who has actually seen the github data tell me if oberon running at 2ghz is really referred to as "native" as well as "Gen2" in the actual github data, or is it only called "Gen2" in the data and "native" is just a name some one else has attributed to it. Just curious. Thanks.

UtmostPS

Neo Member
This 💯, imagine the effects😳
I know they ‘officially’ killed off Cole in inFAMOUS 2 (which I might add, did cry at, sue me 🤷🏻‍♂️) I can’t help but imagine the visual effects and particles of electricity crackling against metal, concrete and other surfaces with sparks and shit flying. Honest to god it’d look glorious.

p.s - GIMME MY PS3 BC WITH UPSCALING PLEASE I BEG

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
That’s what we thought but now I don’t think thats true at all if it never had it to begin with. No idea about VRS but you don’t need to turn off RT if the game isn’t coded for it. Correct me if I’m wrong.
You probably know alot more about this then I do, lol

I don't know the tech details like the genius that do, I just look for consistency, inconsistencies.

And the github data has enough inconsistencies to question the data. IMO.

It had enough when folks started looking into it more when it first became known.

How some just overlook it and treat it as irrefutable, infallible is wild.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
do you have brain damage? BGs IS A VERIFIED DEV!!! HE HAD THE DAMN THING AND HE SAYS NO, IT IS NOT 9.2TF!!!
not that i dont trust BGs, but he works at a film studio. i have no idea why sony would hand out devkits to film studios.

and spanish ones at that. hes supposedly a vr dev but i dont see anything about vr on their website. dont know what games they have made before either. i would think devkits would only be sent to big studios so far.

ANIMAL1975

do you have brain damage? BGs IS A VERIFIED DEV!!! HE HAD THE DAMN THING AND HE SAYS NO, IT IS NOT 9.2TF!!!
👀 👀👀👀

Man dial back the cringe
What cringe?... whoever was here since R600 signed up _ more or less by the time 8tf Gonzalo shitshow began (and payed attention), knows it pretty much sums up his every day tiresome rhetoric.
I'm not even remotely exaggerating unfortunately.

HawarMiran

Banned
not that i dont trust BGs, but he works at a film studio. i have no idea why sony would hand out devkits to film studios.

and spanish ones at that. hes supposedly a vr dev but i dont see anything about vr on their website. dont know what games they have made before either. i would think devkits would only be sent to big studios so far.
We will have to wait and see. But that other guy should stop pulling stuff out of his ass

Disco_

Was wondering. Can anyone who has actually seen the github data tell me if oberon running at 2ghz is really referred to as "native" as well as "Gen2" in the actual github data, or is it only called "Gen2" in the data and "native" is just a name some one else has attributed to it. Just curious. Thanks.
Gen2 or BC2? There was bc1, bc2, and native. "full chip" was the note by native IIRC.

Last edited:

IR3TR0

Neo Member
I know they
I know they ‘officially’ killed off Cole in inFAMOUS 2 (which I might add, did cry at, sue me 🤷🏻‍♂️) I can’t help but imagine the visual effects and particles of electricity crackling against metal, concrete and other surfaces with sparks and shit flying. Honest to god it’d look glorious.

p.s - GIMME MY PS3 BC WITH UPSCALING PLEASE I BEG

That question mark at the end though...lol
We can keep our fingers crossed and hope

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Yup! Just push on the location and it'll show you exactly where. Have you been here? We get plenty of Euro visitors during winter as it's much warmer than Euro and even warmer than the rest of Arabian Peninsula for being sub-tropical. This photo I photographed in August 2019 using my drone in my region Dhofar. (Salalah is the capital city of the region)

147737.jpg

I hope the photo doesn't disturb the rules around here. :messenger_face_screaming:
Beautiful.

Gediminas

Banned
No I'm asking for where it says it's Navi 2x and RDNA 2, I've not seen any evidence of this...

All we know thus far is Navi 10 lite (36 CU's) and RDNA 1 with elements of RDNA 2, hence custom GPU.
Clocked at 2ghz hence the elaborate cooling solution 🤔

They never said word for word PS5 is using RDNA 2 or what GPU 🤔
all we know? who knows who? where did AMD said that PS5 is navi 10 lite and RDNA 1? where did Sony said that PS5 is navi 10 and RDNA 1? can you show me sources?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

They were working on a VR game/application I believe.

It's pretty amazing to see RDNA 2 and Navi 2x confirmed, which pretty much solidifies a power level at least on par with Xbox, not to mention BGs and Osiris' claims of it's own strength(and they've been vetted many times over many different situations, tag or not).

Despite that, the sheer fact that PS5 could be exceedingly close, equal or perchance a smidge higher than Xbox seems to have driven people devoted to Github crazy.

Xbox One got burned by a power differential 7 years ago, so therefore Sony has to have it happen to them?
Tit for tat? Come on.

Moreover, they somehow didn't anticipate Microsoft reacting to a hard lesson learned last gen? They couldn't react to it in any way?

The only way I buy a 9.2 is if they go $399, which even at $399 I don't buy it *has* to be 9.2 because of that price.

Last edited:

xHunter

No I'm asking for where it says it's Navi 2x and RDNA 2, I've not seen any evidence of this...

All we know thus far is Navi 10 lite (36 CU's) and RDNA 1 with elements of RDNA 2, hence custom GPU.

at around 1:49:00 he says that the next generation consoles use the latest rdna technology, which one would assume is rdna 2 for both consoles

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

They said both consoles will be using the latest RDNA technology.

For RT, you need RDNA 2, which was also shown on their slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom