• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is fake. PlayStation 5 will NOT have BC for all previous PlayStations. Mark Cerny already suggested it's only PS4.

The PS4 has emulators for the PS1 and PS2 built in, so it's not unreasonable to expect the same of the PS5. You can see evidence of this on YouTube (also note that the emulation of some titles is very poor, hence why Sony never opened it up).

PlayStation 5 will NOT have 24 GBs of Ram unless those are devkit specs then 12 GB sounds more reasonable. Highly doubt you'll have 2 TB SSD at that price as well and no way for 13 tflops.

The Xbox One X has 12GB of RAM, so it's very unlikely the PS5 would have the same. As others have said: 16GB minimum, probably 20-24GB. A 13TF GPU is the upper end of most people's estimates. A 2TB SSD is pure fantasy however.

While the "leak" sounds nice and want to believe. It's honestly just someone's wet dream.

The specs are mostly in line with other leaks.

Launch will be Holiday 2020 not September.

Other PlayStation models have launched in September, giving enough time to get units out into the wild for early Christmas shopping and get onto people's wishlists.

wvnative

The PS4 has emulators for the PS1 and PS2 built in, so it's not unreasonable to expect the same of the PS5. You can see evidence of this on YouTube (also note that the emulation of some titles is very poor, hence why Sony never opened it up).

The Xbox One X has 12GB of RAM, so it's very unlikely the PS5 would have the same. As others have said: 16GB minimum, probably 20-24GB. A 13TF GPU is the upper end of most people's estimates. A 2TB SSD is pure fantasy however.

The specs are mostly in line with other leaks.

Other PlayStation models have launched in September, giving enough time to get units out into the wild for early Christmas shopping and get onto people's wishlists.

Only a PS2 and PSP emulator, no PS1 emulator built in.

devilNprada

If the remote battery completely dies and can't be charged, do you have to send it in or you can manually replace it?

I replace the item if it's important to me..

Maybe I am lucky, but the only product I have ever owned the past ten years that I have replaced because of the battery was a vacuum.

My DS3's lasted the entire generation and still got 8 hrs of battery life when I sold it.
Since Launch I have replaced one DS4 because the thumbsticks got loose not the battery.

Just bought a Prius with 10 year warranty on the battery; 3 years on the rest of the car..

I just don't think batteries are the issue..

I have completely eliminated the need for any AAA and AA batteries in my household (It's pretty nice not having to look for remotes).

The older you are; the more you're willing to pay for convenience. So again; to each it's own, It's my preference.

Braldryr

Banned
12GB only, the XBONEX has that from 2017.......Come on Klobrille, you're not even trying to hide it....

Also, I thought you said you were only an XBOX insider, how comes you have so much PS5 info all of a sudden? :messenger_smirking:

What are you talking about?

1st of all dont put words in my mouth please.

The information I posted above has nothing to do with personal PS5 knowledge. Just simple facts we were told from Wired article.

Death Starnding confirmed for 2 platforms
PS5 only BC with PS4. This is well known knowledge by everyone at this point.

Maybe its not 12 GBs and maybe your right and I don't know. I am going of based my Xbox Lockhart and Anaconda knowledge along with the pricing. That's it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What are you talking about?

1st of all dont put words in my mouth please.

The information I posted above has nothing to do with personal PS5 knowledge. Just simple facts we were told from Wired article.

Death Starnding confirmed for 2 platforms
PS5 only BC with PS4. This is well known knowledge by everyone at this point.

Maybe its not 12 GBs and maybe your right and I don't know. I am going of based my Xbox Lockhart and Anaconda knowledge along with the pricing. That's it.

What’s the Rams on them?

devilNprada

Maybe I am lucky, but the only product I have ever owned the past ten years that I have replaced because of the battery was a vacuum.

My DS3's lasted the entire generation and still got 8 hrs of battery life when I sold it.
Since Launch I have replaced one DS4 because the thumbsticks got loose not the battery.

Just bought a Prius with 10 year warranty on the battery; 3 years on the rest of the car..

I have completely eliminated the need for any AAA and AA batteries in my household (It's pretty nice not having to look for remotes).

The older you are; the more you're willing to pay for convenience. So again; to each it's own, It's my preference.

Edit: Actually I get what you guys are saying... and yeah you're right... but I just haven't had issues with batteries enough to go that route, and there are some downsides to that like weight, size and a charger that's conveniently located that's not an eyesore for me.

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

That is fake. PlayStation 5 will NOT have BC for all previous PlayStations. Mark Cerny already suggested it's only PS4.

Also this "leak" says that no PS5 releases have decided yet for TLOU 2, Ghost or Death Stranding.

Meanwhile, Mark Cerny already confirmed to Wire that Death Stranding is already a 2 platform release.

PlayStation 5 will NOT have 24 GBs of Ram unless those are devkit specs then 12 GB sounds more reasonable. Highly doubt you'll have 2 TB SSD at that price as well and no way for 13 tflops.

While the "leak" sounds nice and want to believe. It's honestly just someone's wet dream.

Launch will be Holiday 2020 not September.
I know a few people already quoted you, but no one mentioned that it says 2TB (ssd + custom) in the rumor, not 2TB SSD so perfectly possible.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I was hoping that we'd already have some pre-Computex leaks on Navi by this time, but perhaps Computex is more for Ryzen and E3 for Navi? The nice thing is once we have that info we don't have to sit around for a year divining TFLOPS from the reddit and pastebin tea leaves.

---

I really wish this thread wouldn't devolve into a Xbox vs PS dick-measuring contest. I liked when we were talking about new gameplay possibilities with fast SSDs and new CPUs, suggestions on improving controllers, etc. Additionally, if Braldryr is Klobrille it's cool to have him on this site. The call-out snarky shit I've seen flicked at him is unbecoming either way.

thelastword

Banned
So in other words, you don't have anything to share...........

The thing is, you were quite assertive that PS5 would have no more than 12Gb's and that 13Tf is a pipe-dream, a gamers wet dream even.....Then you said Holiday 2020 for the release, certainly not September........The way you spoke seemed like a man who's making the console himself.......Perhaps you should re-read your post for tone......In essence, many of the things you stated if not all were not in the wired article......The Death Stranding bit was speculation by Wired, not confirmed, even if it becomes true, it's not information you present as fact in the here and now......Go read the wired article on Death Stranding again, and tell me how what you're saying about DS was confirmed?

The beautiful thing about removeable batteries, is that you have the option to replace them if you wanted to. If you never want to open the battery compartment ever again, the controller can charge the Xbox removable battery. Then boom, it stays internal if you'd like and you would never have to touch it.

Last edited:

Braldryr

Banned
So in other words, you don't have anything to share...........

The thing is, you were quite assertive that PS5 would have no more than 12Gb's and that 13Tf is a pipe-dream, a gamers wet dream even.....Then you said Holiday 2020 for the release, certainly not September........The way you spoke seemed like a man who's making the console himself.......Perhaps you should re-read your post for tone......In essence, many of the things you stated if not all were not in the wired article......The Death Stranding bit was speculation by Wired, not confirmed, even if it becomes true, it's not information you present as fact in the here and now......Go read the wired article on Death Stranding again, and tell me how what you're saying about DS was confirmed?

Mark Cerny said not to long ago they're looking at a fair Competetive price for the PlayStation 5. A Competetive price in MY mind is NOT 499 and if you're paying below $499 you will either be getting 12 or 16 GBs of ram. Most likely on the 16 GB side.

However, that also depends what tflop PlayStation 5 will end up. Ram is cheap, tflops are not. Maybe it will be 12 GB Ram machine with over 12 tflops to make up the $400 price tag. If the console IS $499 like most people think then I can see 16 GBs with 12 tflops as well.

There are many devkits ("leaks" if you want to call them that") with ranging from 24 GB, 28 GB and all the way to 32 GB devits.

Remember to devide that in half and were getting 12 GBs, 14 GBs or 16 GBs at retail unit. 24 GBs would imply the devits are 48 GBs which is really really absurd. Yes, we do have an Xbox One X with 12 GBs but rememeber were getting a quantum leap in the CPU architecture, a new GPU architecture, Blazingly fast SSD and pretty big jump in the tflop department as well and that where the majority of the pricing will go into.

While, 12 GBs may seem too low yes for 2020 I don't think you guys realize the kind of jump were already getting with the new CPU compared to previous gen. Sure more ram is always good, but the CPU upgrade is what we truly needed and were getting it.

My PERSONAL PREDICTION is that I think most likely Sony will end up with either 12 or 16 GBs (hopefully 16) and decent amount of tflops ranging above 10 at least. And of course the fancy SSD.

Sony will be relying on exclusives to sell their units and consumers trust which they clearly have at a price of $399.

Again, we don't really have enough information to go off. Based of what was said by Mark it seems that they want a really balanced system across the board. Not extremely powerful to the point where it raises the prices to much, but also not so cheap either to where the games lack in visual fidelity or perform poorly.

Yes, I read that article many times. While it was suggested by Mark/Wired. You don't need to be a genius to realize that Death Stranding is a 2 release platform at this point.

Sony is not gonna let their flagship kojima game just sit on PS4 and not take advantage of the new hardware.

I don't understand how people really think thise games will just be solely released on the Playstation 4 and call it a day. It's kind of laughable to me.

Anyway, I hope that clears things up. Cheers.

Last edited:
Mark Cerny said not to long ago they're looking at a fair Competetive price for the PlayStation 5. A Competetive price in MY mind is NOT 499 and if you're paying below $499 you will either be getting 12 or 16 GBs of ram. Most likely on the 16 GB side.

Technically Mark Cerny has stated that the PS5 "will be appealing in light of its advanced feature set" which to me means that it will probably be a $450-500 console, but it will be well worth the money you are paying. I think the $400 launch console is a thing of the past at this point with both Sony and Microsoft, if you can't afford $500 then stick with a PS4 or XB1 until you are ready to upgrade and when you do your complete PS4 library will work with the new console.

I was hoping that we'd already have some pre-Computex leaks on Navi by this time, but perhaps Computex is more for Ryzen and E3 for Navi? The nice thing is once we have that info we don't have to sit around for a year divining TFLOPS from the reddit and pastebin tea leaves.

---

I really wish this thread wouldn't devolve into a Xbox vs PS dick-measuring contest. I liked when we were talking about new gameplay possibilities with fast SSDs and new CPUs, suggestions on improving controllers, etc. Additionally, if Braldryr is Klobrille it's cool to have him on this site. The call-out snarky shit I've seen flicked at him is unbecoming either way.
Post E3 is going to be butt hurt from one side or another trying to proclaim that even though X console is less powerful than Y, Z actually makes it more powerful. Then calculations from some obscured angle will make it look like that until someone on twitter calls it out. Good times will ensue.

Last edited:

SonGoku

When i say specs I mean the APU they have requested. That is not changing.
and I explained to you that with GCN 64CUs limit in place both companies can reach 60CU (4 disabled) with room to spare at 7nm. MS cant outdo Sony by making a bigger chip the only way to go higher is through clocks and those aren't set in stone
we had a differences bigger than 25-30% in GPU power
Not even, expect 10-15%max if at all
There is no much either party can do to outdo the other except raising clocks, 64CU limit now withstanding

Last edited:

Braldryr

Banned
Technically Mark Cerny has stated that the PS5 "will be appealing in light of its advanced feature set" which to me means that it will probably be a $450-500 console, but it will be well worth the money you are paying. I think the $400 launch console is a thing of the past at this point with both Sony and Microsoft, if you can't afford $500 then stick with a PS4 or XB1 until you are ready to upgrade and when you do your complete PS4 library will work with the new console.

I could see 449 as well. We shall see.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Post E3 is going to be butt hurt from one side or another trying to proclaim that even though X console is less powerful than Y, Z actually makes it more powerful. Then calculations from some obscured angle will make it look like that until someone on twitter calls it out. Good times will ensue.
I think they're tied to a strict TDP and price limit, so unless PS5 is $399 they'll be the same. I haven't heard a decent explanation for how that would happen otherwise.

Munki

Anybody catch this?

Sony and Microsoft to explore strategic partnership

Under the memorandum of understanding signed by the parties, the two companies will explore joint development of future cloud solutions in Microsoft Azure to support their respective game and content-streaming services. In addition, the two companies will explore the use of current Microsoft Azure datacenter-based solutions for Sony’s game and content-streaming services. By working together, the companies aim to deliver more enhanced entertainment experiences for their worldwide customers. These efforts will also include building better development platforms for the content creator community.

Phil even weighing in

Strange times indeed...

Last edited:

devilNprada

The beautiful thing about removeable batteries, is that you have the option to replace them if you wanted to. If you never want to open the battery compartment ever again, the controller can charge the Xbox removable battery. Then boom, it stays internal if you'd like and you would never have to touch it.

Yeah I get your point agree with you guys..

SonGoku

The only doubt is ps3, Zen2 might not be able to emulate the cell. Otherwise it can be BC with every title on the psn store (digital only for ps1 and ps2).
Can SPEs perhaps be emulated by CUs? considering they perform similar functions.
PlayStation 5 will NOT have 24 GBs of Ram unless those are devkit specs then 12 GB sounds more reasonable.
27f369174e32c4e0d5685981cb6f48fe3c0141d8f052805720fb3f8aa12e2d43.jpg
Good one braldryr Klobrille

Last edited:
We have to ask ourselves, is PS3 BC worth the investment? If Sony already puts such little priority on PS2 BC what makes us think it will be any different next gen for PS3 no less.
TBH I'll be happy with PS4Pro BC + boost mode for dynamic rez games and fluctuating framerates.
Sony uses proprietary blades (Cell/RSX chips) for PS3 games on PS Now.

Manufacturing Cell/RSX makes zero sense these days. Those blades will need to be replaced and that's why Sony has an incentive to copy/paste design a PS3 emulator:

SonGoku

Manufacturing Cell/RSX makes zero sense these days. Those blades will need to be replaced and that's why Sony has an incentive to copy/paste design a PS3 emulator:
I dont think they can rely on RPCS3, thats too heavy on the CPU, not sure if Zen2 at 3.2GHz will be up to it
Maybe emulate SPUs with CUs?

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Last edited:
I dont think they can rely on RPCS3, thats too heavy on the CPU, not sure if Zen at 3.2GHz will be up to it
Maybe emulate SPUs with CUs?
According to some people, Zen 2 AVX should be fast enough to emulate the SPUs. 1 PPE will be trivial to emulate (X360 has 3 PPE cores, which is a lot harder to pull off due to sync issues).

Emulating Cell SPUs via GPU CUs is not possible due to vast architectural differences (something to do with DMA transfers + 256K SRAM), otherwise they would have done it on PS4.

RPCS3 is a promising effort by hobbyists. Sony can do it much better with their resources ($$$ + engineers).

X360 BC on XB1 is similar to Xenia: https://xenia.jp/

ethomaz

Banned
True, but surprising that Sony chose to partner with MS when they have other cloud vendor options.
Depend how the deal happened.... maybe MS prices were too seducing.

It is a good move for MS open business with Sony so they can archive the Gamepass across all devices soon rather than later.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Can SPEs perhaps be emulated by CUs? considering they perform similar functions.
The problem is, you can't separate the PPE from the SPUs. The GPU could run some code made for the SPUs (because gpus are more SIMD orientated than cpus nowadays) , but they couldn't run CPU code and because of the communication between them, doing cell emulation on cpu (PPE) + GPU (SPUs) would add a ton of latency. Also not all games used the SPUs in the same way and often they would be running both cpu oriented and (modern) GPU orientated code. The only way ps3 emulation is possible on ps5 is with extensive per game optimization.

Manufacturing Cell/RSX makes zero sense these days. Those blades will need to be replaced and that's why Sony has an incentive to copy/paste design a PS3 emulator
When ps now was announced, Sony said they have a fully working ps3 emulator for internal use, but because of the computing power required to run it properly, it was cheaper to build ps3 chip farms.

SonGoku

According to some people, Zen 2 AVX should be fast enough to emulate the SPUs. 1 PPE will be trivial to emulate (X360 has 3 PPE cores, which is a lot harder to pull off due to sync issues).

Emulating Cell SPUs via GPU CUs is not possible due to vast architectural differences (something to do with DMA transfers + 256K SRAM), otherwise they would have done it on PS4.

RPCS3 is a promising effort by hobbyists. Sony can do it much better with their resources ($$$ + engineers).

Will need 7 Zen2 cores then (1 PPE & 6 SPEs), hopefully OS only reserves one

Last edited:

FranXico

True, but surprising that Sony chose to partner with MS when they have other cloud vendor options.
Sony rent cloud services from a plethora of different providers. It would be foolish to put all their eggs in one basket. Why not use Azure as well.

ethomaz

Banned

Not possible is a big word here because emulation can be done no matter what with brute force.
The issue is that it is not optional in terms of performance today.

But hey CPUs get stronger each year and optimizations are made in the emulation... so projects like RPCS3 already emulates Cell pretty well in some cases.

SonGoku

The only way ps3 emulation is possible on ps5 is with extensive per game optimization.
Assuming Zen2 at 3.2Ghz is strong enough to emulate CELL coulnt they just create a PS3 virtual enviroment thus avoiding the need of per game optimization.

thelastword

Banned

However, that also depends what tflop PlayStation 5 will end up. Ram is cheap, tflops are not. Maybe it will be 12 GB Ram machine with over 12 tflops to make up the $400 price tag. If the console IS $499 like most people think then I can see 16 GBs with 12 tflops as well.

There are many devkits ("leaks" if you want to call them that") with ranging from 24 GB, 28 GB and all the way to 32 GB devits.

Remember to devide that in half and were getting 12 GBs, 14 GBs or 16 GBs at retail unit. 24 GBs would imply the devits are 48 GBs which is really really absurd. Yes, we do have an Xbox One X with 12 GBs but rememeber were getting a quantum leap in the CPU architecture, a new GPU architecture, Blazingly fast SSD and pretty big jump in the tflop department as well and that where the majority of the pricing will go into.

While, 12 GBs may seem too low yes for 2020 I don't think you guys realize the kind of jump were already getting with the new CPU compared to previous gen. Sure more ram is always good, but the CPU upgrade is what we truly needed and were getting it.

My PERSONAL PREDICTION is that I think most likely Sony will end up with either 12 or 16 GBs (hopefully 16) and decent amount of tflops ranging above 10 at least. And of course the fancy SSD.

Sony will be relying on exclusives to sell their units and consumers trust which they clearly have at a price of $399.

Again, we don't really have enough information to go off. Based of what was said by Mark it seems that they want a really balanced system across the board. Not extremely powerful to the point where it raises the prices to much, but also not so cheap either to where the games lack in visual fidelity or perform poorly.

Yes, I read that article many times. While it was suggested by Mark/Wired. You don't need to be a genius to realize that Death Stranding is a 2 release platform at this point.

Sony is not gonna let their flagship kojima game just sit on PS4 and not take advantage of the new hardware.

I don't understand how people really think thise games will just be solely released on the Playstation 4 and call it a day. It's kind of laughable to me.

Anyway, I hope that clears things up. Cheers.
Cool story......However, What you've said there is all based on conjecture and speculation....Nothing Cerny says about price suggests PS5 will only have 12 GB and be around 10TF......Sony can eat some of the cost or prices on technology can drop...Besides, AMD and Sony have been developing Navi and custom Navi solutions together for a while now, including the raytracing tech which PD, Santa Monica, ND are all contributing too.......Whatever you do, don't look at desktop pricing to determine what type of costs applies to a Business and Research Partner to AMD like Sony.....

Yet, I must say, you've sparked my interest, relative to what your take would be on XB2 kit.....If you know so much about PS5, then you must be teeming with correct/accurate information on XB2......So I'd like you to piece a post like the one I'm responding to here, but instead make it about XB2......So Ram, TF, HDD, Launch Date, Pricing and give your synopsis based on what Spencer's vision is for the box.......Just like you did for Cerny above....

ethomaz

Banned
Assuming Zen2 at 3.2Ghz is strong enough to emulate CELL coulnt they just create a PS3 virtual enviroment thus avoiding the need of per game optimization.
Modern CPUs already emulate Cell.

CPU: Intel Quad-core and above with TSX-NI (Haswell and above)
CPU: AMD Hexa-core and above (Ryzen)

That is the recommended for games to be playable... the minimum is having x64 support but older CPUS have a hard time to emulate.

PS. Like you can see it is recommended a 6 cores Ryzen.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
But not at full speed? do you think with Sonys documentation and optimization it could be done?
What do you mean full speed? The games runs at full speed.

There is issues yet... but a lot of games already runs at original framerate (there are 1258 games that are playable from start to end with original performance).

Sony having direct access to the Cell docs helps a lot... the opposite of the community emulation that rely on reverse engineer.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Full speed without removing effects or frame skipping
1258 games are playable like original without performance issues.

I think it is better to post the table.

Playable (1258): Games that can be properly played from start to finish
Ingame (1394): Games that either can't be finished, have serious glitches or have insufficient performance
Intro (365): Games that display image but don't make it past the menus
Loadable (29): Games that display a black screen with a framerate on the window's title
Nothing (2): Games that don't initialize properly, not loading at all and/or crashing the emulator

Last edited:
The problem is, you can't separate the PPE from the SPUs. The GPU could run some code made for the SPUs (because gpus are more SIMD orientated than cpus nowadays) , but they couldn't run CPU code and because of the communication between them, doing cell emulation on cpu (PPE) + GPU (SPUs) would add a ton of latency. Also not all games used the SPUs in the same way and often they would be running both cpu oriented and (modern) GPU orientated code. The only way ps3 emulation is possible on ps5 is with extensive per game optimization.
CPU <-> GPU don't have lot of latency inside a monolithic APU chip.

Cell SPUs are kinda like proto-GPGPU in a sense, but deep inside they work in a very different manner.

Every SPU has a 256K of local store memory/SRAM and via DMA transfers it fetches data from the DRAM (Rambus/XDR 256MB). This is the hard part to emulate properly.

Modern GPUs have less amount of transistors dedicated to SRAM, although they keep getting bigger and bigger (just compare Pascal vs Turing L2 caches).

When ps now was announced, Sony said they have a fully working ps3 emulator for internal use, but because of the computing power required to run it properly, it was cheaper to build ps3 chip farms.
Got a source for that? Sounds interesting!

Will need 7 Zen2 cores then (1 PPE & 6 SPEs), hopefully OS only reserves one
There's also a 7th SPU reserved for the PS3 OS, but I guess they could rewrite that in native x86 (I think MS does that for X360 BC).

What do you mean full speed? The games runs at full speed.

There is issues yet... but a lot of games already runs at original framerate (there are 1258 games that are playable from start to end with original performance).

Sony having direct access to the Cell docs helps a lot... the opposite of the community emulation that rely on reverse engineer.
Truth be told, I haven't seen SPU-heavy games like Uncharted 2/3/TLOU1 running in real time on RPCS3.

This will be a bitch to emulate even at 720p30:

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Truth be told, I haven't seen SPU-heavy games like Uncharted 2/3/TLOU1 running in real time on RPCS3.

They will get there via optimizations or brute force (better hardware)...

Talking about Uncharted the first game is runs between 20-30fps (Ingame state due that... not playable yet):

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
CPU <-> GPU don't have lot of latency inside a monolithic APU chip.

Cell SPUs are kinda like proto-GPGPU in a sense, but deep inside they work in a very different manner.

Every SPU has a 256K of local store memory/SRAM and via DMA transfers it fetches data from the DRAM (Rambus/XDR 256MB). This is the hard part to emulate properly.

Modern GPUs have less amount of transistors dedicated to SRAM, although they keep getting bigger and bigger (just compare Pascal vs Turing L2 caches).

Got a source for that? Sounds interesting!

There's also a 7th SPU reserved for the PS3 OS, but I guess they could rewrite that in native x86 (I think MS does that for X360 BC).

That’s probably part of the reason why they made TLoU Remaster and the Nathan Drake Collection for the PS4, which will work in the PS5.

Maybe those would be omitted from the emulator, if they ever offer PS3 BC.

SonGoku

tbf if they manage perfect 720p at 30fps they can just bruteforce higher rez with GPU
Uncharted the first game is runs between 20-30fps:
The first game barely relied on the CELL, ND said as much on an interview.
That’s probably part of the reason why they made TLoU Remaster and the Nathan Drake Collection for the PS4, which will work in the PS5.

Most mid to late gen Sony exclusives are SPE heavy as are most late 3rd parties

Last edited:

Maybe, but don't forget that the ND Collection does not include Uncharted 2/3 MP (those badly need a 1080p/4k 60 fps remaster as well). It should have been the equivalent of Halo MCC for Sony.

X360 BC usually omits games that have a superior XB1 version (i.e. the 360 versions of Rise of the Tomb Raider & Forza Horizon 2 are not BC).

ps: Uncharted 1 only uses 30% of the SPUs. UC2 goes to 100% and from there it's just minor optimizations (hence why the UC1 -> UC2 leap is the biggest by far!).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Maybe, but don't forget that the ND Collection does not include Uncharted 2/3 MP (those badly need a 1080p/4k 60 fps remaster as well). It should have been the equivalent of Halo MCC for Sony.

X360 BC usually omits games that have a superior XB1 version (i.e. the 360 versions of Rise of the Tomb Raider & Forza Horizon 2 are not BC).

ps: Uncharted 1 only uses 30% of the SPUs. UC2 goes to 100% and from there it's just minor optimizations (hence why the UC1 -> UC2 leap is the biggest by far!).

I don’t think the servers are up anymore are they? So BC of them let’s say 2-3 years from now would be even more redundant for multiplayer.

I could have sworn they added UC2 maps and classic play to UC4, but have never played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom