• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
fDt3kVq.jpg

Ask and you shall Receive!
Thats like ps TV and too thin to be ps5

squarealex

Here's old thread about SH2 PS2 vs Xbox

Developers could easily port PS2 games to xbox (

Not really, the PS2 have a big data transfer of filrate, much much superior to Xbox, Xbox 360 and PS3.
That's why a lot port PS2 to other console seems not very great. Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3 is the most famous exemple. But also Zone of the Enders (see how the first port is so trash before the patch), Metal Gear Solid 2 have framerate issue on Xbox. Most off texturing or effects missing on MGS3. And DMC Collection have so many issue if we compare to PS2.

Even "Sony" first party port are not so great. Like Jak & Daxter or Ratchet. Even SOTC PS3.

So NO, PS2 is not Weak, is Special and that's why the hardware can durig 10 years... Just look HOW, like HOW a game like Hitman Blood Money with bumpmapping, real-time shadow, HDR lightning or a big crowd can run on this hardware... and it's running!
The big strengh of the PS2, you can create your own shaders "software", like motion blur, HDR, Depth of Field, Blur lightning. All of this is terrible on many modern (or even before) port to other console. It's just a problem with other console cant run like PlayStation, bc they have not the same hardware and PS2 is much powerful than GC/Xbox/X360/PS3 on some specs.

That's not just an "weak dev". Multiplat games are dev at the same time, so is not comparable.

Even on Crash Bandicoot games on PS2 have missing effect on Xbox, and Twinsanity have terrible color on Xbox.
GTA San Andreas and "and sun orange effect" is the most famous exemple.

Last edited:

Farrell55

Banned
Here's old thread about SH2 PS2 vs Xbox

Overall PS2 version could be considered superior, but outclassed? No. It was still the same game although it could be ported with better results, because xbox was more capable. Developers could easily port PS2 games to xbox (the vast majority of games run and looked better on xbox, and sometimes even at 720p/1080i) but not the other way around. Xbox or PC ports on PS2 were butchered to the extreme and like I have said even old PC games (half life 1, quake 3 and unreal 1 engine games) run with poor results on PS2, so clearly PS2 hardware wasnt good even when it launched and IMHO it was even more unbalanced than PS3. No HDD, small RAM amount and no S3TC support, weak GPU with DX7 era graphics effects. PS3 games were harder to develop because of CELL CPU, but it was really powerful CPU so when developers finally mastered CELL they were able to create really stunning looking games (God Of War 3 or Uncharted 3 for example). PS4 was even more balanced (8GB RAM, PC architecture) and PS5 will be even better.
Xbox Launched 18 month later... back then amd & nvidia Launched every 6 month a new gpu Architecture! that is more than embarrassing losing to an old unbalanced System...

btw OG Xbox is one of my favorite gaming System

Hatsuma

I totally agree with you, I just miss the excitement of being in a line with a bunch of people who have the same passion as me.

Agreed. I think cons are still going to be a thing because of the comraderie n experience, but they are diminishing in their importance for content reveals. Imma miss live reactions and the spectacle, but who knows, maybe they will replicate at their own events

pawel86ck

Banned
Xbox Launched 18 month later... back then amd & nvidia Launched every 6 month a new gpu Architecture! that is more than embarrassing losing to an old unbalanced System...

btw OG Xbox is one of my favorite gaming System
Like I have said, it clearly wasnt hardware fault (especially higher quality videos, xbox also supported MPEG 2). Sometimes developers gimp their ports because they dont care. For example GTA SA port on Xbox and PC was gimped too and both platforms were supperior compared to PS2 (although moders on PC have restored missing details).

Last edited:
Many Sony fanboys will believe in this....

I guess, but they will be lying to themselves, basically. And I gotta be honest, I'm guilty of being on the Sony side, in certain ways (mainly I'm in love with a lot of their exclusives), but man, those numbers are just ludicrous. I, for one, think that Xbox is going to take the power crown this gen and I'm perfectly okay with that, the Sony Worldwide Studios are still going to produce magnificent games with whatever TFs the machine has.

Neo Blaster

Agreed. I think cons are still going to be a thing because of the comraderie n experience, but they are diminishing in their importance for content reveals. Imma miss live reactions and the spectacle, but who knows, maybe they will replicate at their own events
MS already did that in XO19, they had a fake crowd cheering.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I guess, but they will be lying to themselves, basically. And I gotta be honest, I'm guilty of being on the Sony side, in certain ways (mainly I'm in love with a lot of their exclusives), but man, those numbers are just ludicrous. I, for one, think that Xbox is going to take the power crown this gen and I'm perfectly okay with that, the Sony Worldwide Studios are still going to produce magnificent games with whatever TFs the machine has.

You guess? You feed into tht bullshit troll comment when most Sony fans on here are level headed lol and believe 13 tf is tops but not likely but more realistic to be around 12 like nextbox.

Save tht for the moron github crew. There's alot more of them than ppl tht would believe psv is 15tfs.

DaMonsta

I know it’s been said before, but man I wish Sony would just spill the beans.

Nothing really to wait for at this point. Probably won’t be any live events this year due to corona.

They should just get with a tech website or set their own streaming schedule and put it out there.

My next gen boner is on hold and Sony is bullshiting.

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
Many Sony fanboys will believe in this....

This is first:
Week ago I was MS fanboy... and now I'm sony fanboy because I can see certain facts that makes 2GHz clock more possible? Given what we know about RDNA2 and revolutionary cooling method (cooling from two sides) I say 2GHz is possible but it should be also expensive. PS5Pro could explain such powerful console, because stronger SKU would be build for enthusiasts, and they would gladly pay premium from premium product. If however Sony want to launch only one SKU then we will probably get something around 10TF.

Last edited:
You guess? You feed into tht bullshit troll comment when most Sony fans on here are level headed lol and believe 13 tf is tops but not likely but more realistic to be around 12 like nextbox.

Save tht for the moron github crew. There's alot more of them than ppl tht would believe psv is 15tfs.

Surely there are some people that want to believe that PS5 is more powerful than the Series X by a big gap, same as the other way around. Still, I haven't said anything about anyone on the thread, I just think it's not a wild guess, that's all. I'm not pointing fingers, at all.

Ellery

Today If I want to play Sony Exclusives I need to own their console and if I want to play those exclusives on-line I need to pay a subscription.

The only reason I have a console is to play games I can't get on PC. Sony can make any moves it likes but as soon as they cross that line I just won't have a reason to own their console any longer.

But that would be amazing for you instead of a problem? Because you save money not buying a PS5 and not subscribing to PS+ ? You have it all on PC then with a lot of advantages and zero costs for online play

Neo Blaster

I know it’s been said before, but man I wish Sony would just spill the beans.

Nothing really to wait for at this point. Probably won’t be any live events this year due to corona.

They should just get with a tech website or set their own streaming schedule and put it out there.

My next gen boner is on hold and Sony is bullshiting.
Exactly, no E3 anymore, any time is time to make a reveal now.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Sorry I took my kid to McDonald’s for dinner (and instantly regret it). What have I missed? People wrote a few articles? Eh? I’ve never once said 11.06, and I’m not a verified dev with direct access.

Do you all now see just how quickly people will take your words, run with them and twist them for click bait articles without checking what was even said? 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom