• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

3liteDragon

Ok, fucked up the other post. Question, whenever I switch between Wi-Fi and cellular on my phone, I get logged out and need to log in again. Any way to fix this??

Last edited:
I’ve seen some fakes in my time *sniff* *spits* but this ones a real shitter.
I Know.

how are you going to say 15TF in a small form factor like that? The heat from the GPU alone would be a fire Hazard. Also that’s not including CPU, Memory and SSD.

Like I said in a earlier post. The Second Hand Info I got is Devs Targeting 11TF for Launch Titles. That means the console is over 11TF. If Console was 15TF wouldn’t they Target 14TF?

Do people even try anymore with fakes?

well github is actual hard data
and not cryptic messages from an anonymous forum poster

Github is also 100% wrong about 9.2TF. Just because Github was right about Xbox Series X doesn’t mean it’s right about PS5.

Also the context of the Data matters. We don’t know actually what the test where for. We also know it wasn’t a full production chip also. That’s why they was doing so many revisions.

The Github was a test chip. Probably testing backwards compatibility and some other things. Not the actually PS5 Chip. That’s why The Xbox One X chip doesn’t have a lot of reversions. It was close to final Production run chip.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
that’s some bad (diet) parenting ;)

Hey give her a break, we will all be dead in a few weeks.

Anyway, to anybody reading this, I’m an indie developer, with connections. I have no direct access to equipment but second hand knowledge passed on from friends who I have worked with on things in the past.

Also, I like pizza, can’t stand football, and sometimes enjoy long walks at night. While I’m not sexually attracted to pigeons, there IS a point to them, as well as Mr Hopper.

I’m presenting my numbers and info in the only way I know how... by having some fun. And it’s great to see so many people have enjoyed the ride so far. Some if you are right. A lot of you are wrong. And some are just weird, but let’s not talk about those.

Edit: can I just add that it’s really quite funny to sit back and see certain people not believe the numbers. That’s cool and all, and it’s your god given right. But it’s blatantly obvious you don’t believe them because you see the TF count as slightly lower, and that’s not good enough for you Sony crazies. Yet refuse to see the actual bigger picture on display. Because if you did, you likely wouldn’t be crying. Just IMO. Peace.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Ok, fucked up the other post. Question, whenever I switch between Wi-Fi and cellular on my phone, I get logged out and need to log in again. Any way to fix this??
Weird because the login is stored in cookies not related with IP... what you do when switch is just change your internet IP.
Unless you have something clearing your cookies when you switch.

ethomaz

Banned
Github is also 100% wrong about 9.2TF. Just because Github was right about Xbox Series X doesn’t mean it’s right about PS5.

Also the context of the Data matters. We don’t know actually what the test where for. We also know it wasn’t a full production chip also. That’s why they was doing so many revisions.

The Github was a test chip. Probably testing backwards compatibility and some other things. Not the actually PS5 Chip. That’s why The Xbox One X chip doesn’t have a lot of reversions. It was close to final Production run chip.
Just for accuracy there is nothing that related GutHub with 12TFs Xbox One Series X.

GitHub only has the CU number for Arden... non clock.

Last edited:

Fun Fanboy

Banned

Anyway, to anybody reading this, I’m an indie developer, with connections. I have no direct access to equipment but second hand knowledge passed on from friends who I have worked with on things in the past.

Also, I like pizza, can’t stand football, and sometimes enjoy long walks at night. While I’m not sexually attracted to pigeons, there IS a point to them, as well as Mr Hopper.

I’m presenting my numbers and info in the only way I know how... by having some fun. And it’s great to see so many people have enjoyed the ride so far. Some if you are right. A lot of you are wrong. And some are just weird, but let’s not talk about those.

Edit: can I just add that it’s really quite funny to sit back and see certain people not believe the numbers. That’s cool and all, and it’s your god given right. But it’s blatantly obvious you don’t believe them because you see the TF count as slightly lower, and that’s not good enough for you Sony crazies. Yet refuse to see the actual bigger picture on display. Because if you did, you likely wouldn’t be crying. Just IMO. Peace.
What state you in?

FeiRR

Banned
Gavin Stevens Gavin Stevens you are making news in Polish gaming shitportals :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: They described the whole pigeon thing and linked to here. GAF >> Internet >> GAF again.

KoXJBaF.png

Bigfroth

PS2 was really a beast. The EE had two very powerful Vector Processing Units (the T&L was done by the CPU --> higher clock than GPU). The GS had a peak pixel fill rate of 2.352 gigapixel/s and a bandwidth of 48GB/sec. Of course the system had weaknesses (no real texture compression, only 1,2GB/sec EE<-->GS bus, fill rate cut in half for each texture layer, etc.). Imho the main strengths were the high polygon output (I was really impressed with the detailed fighters in TTT and the huge draw distance in games like J&D and R&C) and particle effects (MGS2 rain, explosions in Zoe 1&2). Sony went for massive floating point performance, massive bandwidth, massive peak fill rate and polygon rates. but sacrificed efficiency and ease of programmability (just remember the image quality at the beginning).

Of course the same thing can be applied in reverse. (GCN-->PS2, RE4 conversion with 'muddy' textures and missing effects).
I remember reading that PS2 was really good at Particle and smoke effects. I also remember being amazed at the water effects in Balder's Gate Dark Alliance.

To those downplaying the severity of what this virus can do, I can tell you that it is getting worse by the day.

I was told by my friend to come work for his families company and gave up much to do so, as many things were offered in exchange.

The virus has slowed production so much that hours got restricted today, even for me, which wasn't part of my agreement to come here, so now I'm in a tough boat.

See it through(if it doesn't get worse) or find something more stable and potentially hurt my friend here.

Good luck out there, friends. This is a tough situation.

Farrell55

Banned
Like I have said, it clearly wasnt hardware fault (especially higher quality videos, xbox also supported MPEG 2). Sometimes developers gimp their ports because they dont care. For example GTA SA port on Xbox and PC was gimped too and both platforms were supperior compared to PS2 (although moders on PC have restored missing details).
Of course they where Superior nobody claimed otherwise, it would be a Disaster if the xbox where inferior 18month after ps2, but ps2 hat their advantages over this newer systems like particles or geometrie

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Can I just thank everyone on this sub, for being mature, well most of us anyway. resetera has become toxic and reddit was a shithole to begin with. It's nice seeing most of discuss next-gen info with an open mind. Sorry. this may have sounded a little strange lol

We have two set of crazy fans left .
People that think PS5 is 9.2 because github and other set think it could be higher than XB by a good amount .
Other wise i think most people happy if it work out to some like a 5% difference .

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Nine times out of 10, insiders are wrong.
Point me to links showing me truth.
Two people on GAF might be right.

In my history of gaming, trust few.
Sit back and enjoy the funnies.

RDNA is the latest spec focus
Everyone was saying PS5 is close to SeX.
And after PS5 is RDNA 2 it’s 13-14 TF?
Like this post if you agree.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Several things I’ve said have been right, just FYI. That doesn’t matter, as I’ll stick up for everybody else here and say that shit changes so much that you just don’t know one day to the next with this damn virus.

However...

hsZ5Y4C.jpg

Last edited:
Nine times out of 10, insiders are wrong.
Point me to links showing me truth.
Two people on GAF might be right.

In my history of gaming, trust few.
Sit back and enjoy the funnies.

RDNA is the latest spec focus
Everyone was saying PS5 is close to SeX.
And after PS5 is RDNA 2 it’s 13-14 TF?
Like this post if you agree.
NPT? What's that?

Mriverz

Several things I’ve said have been right, just FYI. That doesn’t matter, as I’ll stick up for everybody else here and say that shit changes so much that you just don’t know one day to the next with this damn virus.

However...

hsZ5Y4C.jpg

If i could ask. Is that the target specs or the current Dev kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom