• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidout

So we going even lower for PS5 lol

Think it has more to do with the Virus fucking up there marketing plans more than anything else right now.
I guess. I still think an online conference could be done. Have Sony do a live show with 5 people and run through the console, features, and games. Otherwise, if they want to do a big show, at least put a tentative date on it.

Checking that flute stuff other thing is strange why someone in the console word will put a "weak" gpu with such good cpu if is for single model like will do Sony
even than clock speed is much better than I though will have any console so exists some options:

-PS5 was built by an idiot (expensive, weak gpu, overpower cpu)
-Flute don't use the last version of the GPU
-CPU was put in overclock just for testing and PS5 will be so weak than even the most fanboy of xbox side think is not possible (even the cost of parts is around $450)

Gamernyc78

Banned
So now we're at 7 TFs, then? Man, some people on twitter jump at those things at the speed of light. I genuinely don't get their desire for Sony to fail.

It's sad. Bunch of lames you can put a 🌭 at the end of a page and it can say 6 and thyll say tht means psv will be 6tfs instead of six inch meat 😂😂😂😂

On another note just been told to work from home at least for two weeks and TBD. Niohhhh 2 we gona spend alot of time together 😊

Last edited:
lol...there are crazy people on the same side. I would even say the SDF is quite bigger than the XBots army. There is no difference imo in levels of aggression etc.

btw. You hoping for a meltdown is just so funny in the context what you have written. We can see what you are trying to do :)

Yeah, no! One member said few weeks ago :

There is a difference.

Sony fans wishing the PS5 is more than 12TF are rooting for their own team and are seeing things from a positive standpoint.

Xbox fans wishing the PS5 is below 10TF are rooting AGAINST the other team and are seeing things from a pessimistic viewpoint.

But anyway, before Reiner tweet, the vast majority had accepted that PS5 will be weaker because rumored MSs 2 SKU strategy and how MS need that power crown. It was widely accepted. It was even a blasphemy to think that PS5 will be more powerful. After Reiner's tweet everything changed ( Colin's also ) And after that tweet and Klee's info, bunch of PS owners are hoping that PS5 will be 12+ TF just to have powerful console as XSX or more. Xbox fans get their 12 TF for XSX. But also Xbox fans still spreading FUD how PS5 MUST be and will be weaker and they trust that shitty Github leak and of course, MisterXmedia, TimDog. Blue Nugroho, Dealer, Jez, Klob. Colbert and bunch of others

Last edited:
Lockhart @ 7TF is pretty good imo. I hope that's it.

About getting a Ryzen U performance on consoles: I'm ok with that if it means less power and less expensive. They're pretty ok IMO. Especially if it's the 4800U.

I think I read somewhere a while ago that Lockhart would be targeting around 6/7 TFs, so it would be nice if that was the case. As an "entry level" console for the next-gen, those are really good numbers.

Banned

There is a difference.

Sony fans wishing the PS5 is more than 12TF are rooting for their own team and are seeing things from a positive standpoint.

Xbox fans wishing the PS5 is below 10TF are rooting AGAINST the other team and are seeing things from a pessimistic viewpoint.

well that's simply because one side has a definitive number officially announced.
so the other side can't talk that down and has to talk their own side up.

if both had no specs announced this would go both ways on both sides.

Last edited:

Banned
I think I read somewhere a while ago that Lockhart would be targeting around 6/7 TFs, so it would be nice if that was the case. As an "entry level" console for the next-gen, those are really good numbers.

I am still thinking it will be 4TF, maybe they will do a last minute up-clock to get it closer to 5TF but I think that's the max they'll target.
the console has to be significantly cheaper in order to even be marketable as a cheap entry option, so the chip has to be as small as possible because that is the main part to save money on.

Gamernyc78

Banned

But anyway, before Reiner tweet, the vast majority had accepted that PS5 will be weaker because rumored MSs 2 SKU strategy and how MS need that power crown. It was widely accepted. It was even a blasphemy to think that PS5 will be more powerful. After Reiner's tweet everything changed ( Colin's also ) And after that tweet and Klee's info, bunch of PS owners are hoping that PS5 will be 12+ TF just to have powerful console as XSX or more. Xbox fans get their 12 TF for XSX. But also Xbox fans still spreading FUD how PS5 MUST be and will be weaker and they trust that shitty Github leak and of course, MisterXmedia, TimDog. Blue Nugroho, Dealer, Jez, Klob. Colbert and bunch of others

I never thought Xbox would be stronger based off some pr bs Phil said. With me it's always been 50/50 given history there is absolutely no reason to think Nextbox would be more powerful launch aligned. I just think it's possible either can be more powerful but both are close power wise.

Banned
I'm starting to think many games will be postponed due to this virus and that if it continues shredding countries throughout the year these consoles will be released only in 2021.

well apparently the corona virus has issues surviving temperatures of 99°F and above.
so if the summer is hot this year (which it most likely will be since we get record breaking summers almost every other year these days) the virus will have a harder time spreading

So cute! We, the Drones, don't get it :messenger_tears_of_joy: Yeah, OK, PS5 is sub 10 TF. It's fine!

dDtfZRB.jpg

Last edited:
I am still thinking it will be 4TF, maybe they will do a last minute up-clock to get it closer to 5TF but I think that's the max they'll target.
the console has to be significantly cheaper in order to even be marketable as a cheap entry option, so the chip has to be as small as possible because that is the main part to save money on.
Yeah, 4 is definitely the number that's been talked about the most. I'm guessing it would be RDNA2 too, right? Maybe there's the odd chance that it goes a little higher on the TF count if it turns out to be RDNA1 architecture? Maybe it's something that doesn't make much sense, since I would think that Lockhart would greatly benefit form VRS, but, well, everything is in the air at this point with Lockhart. I'm actually very curious about it, and it's going to be interesting to see where it sits, given that it's the first time we have a two SKU approach at launch of a new generation.

Mendou

Banned
Based off a rumour from 4chan. Even Dictator from DF said it’s BS. Basically fan fiction.
Most 4chan/reddit rumours have proven to be false. This is shown if anyone cares to look back at all the rumours we posted in the many pages of this thread. If anything is posted from there, we must assume it's false until proven true and grow wiser with every new 'leak'. I assume many veterans from the PS4/Xbone rumour days learned these things way before we ever did.

ANIMAL1975

So he even posted false data?

What a farce lol
Whe are literally going in circles... the Flute Benchmark from 2019!?? Tweeted as hot news wtf?
That's one of R600 favorite _ 'hard data from AMD' lol _ ammunition in the 8tf Gonzalo warz!... before the great Github leak came out of course.
Why is this Rogame dude reposting this shit? Is he that naive?

Is it? Where? Missed the last 35 pages. What happened?
Rogame is R600 confirmed.

thelastword

Banned
I cant tell if some folks are joking or not. Sony has said about as much as Microsoft about each console specs and features.
Yet, people will have you believe Sony has said nothing and MS has given a tonne of information on Series X...….We know about the same level of information from both consoles at this point......Yet the fever for PS5 info always seems to break the thermometer scale for some reason.....I've seen more XBOX fans with interest in PS5 info than what MS has already revealed......

So we going even lower for PS5 lol

Think it has more to do with the Virus fucking up there marketing plans more than anything else right now.
I think as the months to console reveal gets closer and to the launch, the marketing and FUD will ramp up...….Sony has gone from 8TF to 9.2TF to 7TF......Soon PS5 will be weaker than PS4-PRO.....

Fun Fanboy

Banned

Man.. it's like PS fans are dems and can do no wrong, and Xbox fans are the repubs! Ha ha!

Mass Shift

Now that is something, because I'm pretty sure people were discrediting Tech Power Up not too long ago.

All you have to do is tell people what they want to hear and you become believable and credible once again. 😏

I would be cautious with this. Tech Power Up has been known to place hold and change specs on a whim. But at least they're out of the 9TF zone.

Man.. it's like PS fans are dems and can do no wrong, and Xbox fans are the repubs! Ha ha!
Since when be a fanboy is something good to brag, the ps5 fanboy love say the exclusives games of xbox are not good enough to have an xbox or even now believe
theyre console will have RDNA 3 or the new console of xbox will have few exclusives compare to sony.

For other side the xbox fanboys need the ps5 be under 10 TF because they think a bunch of people in forums are smarter than their engineers or believe a company which in their worst time in console market sells almost 90 millions are stupid.

Both sides are stupid this companies only want your money because that is reason of its existence and this is not bad.

Zero707

If I carry on trolling, report me.
Flute benchmark :

1. Note processor codename - 13F9 (Ariel). Same GPU ID as in Gonzalo.

2. Gonzalo codename follows Sony naming convention.

3. Oberon (final stepping?) contains Ariel refs

4. All 4, Gonzalo/Ariel/Oberon and Flute are part of Shakespeare inspired names along with confirmed PS5 codename...Prospero. All 3 are connected with Ariel ID.

5. Gonzalo FS score is 20K. This is unlikely if system is higher then 10TF, but also unlikely if its less then 9TF.

6. Flute specifies 16GB of memory. Only way to have it is to have 256bit bus, or 512bit bus. Also a way to have 16GB is to have 320bit bus with mixed chips.

Write speeds point to 256bit bus and 528GB/s of total BW.

This would point to a ~8-10TF chip in console, as Navi XT @9.5Tf without RT cores is 448GB/s and is a bit BW limited already.

This is analysis of what we know. No cryptic messages, only codename and bench dumps from AMD data miners.

My opinion based on this is that PS5 is 36CU system (40CU but with 4 deactivated), clocked at 2.0GHZ with 16GB of RAM (maybe additional 4GB as well od DDR4 and cut down Zen2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom