• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey.

Late to the party but holy shit it’s actually happening!!!

Ahhhhhhhhh finally!

I’m hoping for the best tomorrow. This is coming from a neutral.

Ilovemincecraft

Neo Member
I bet quite a lot on 11.2(20p).IK the MS insiders knew what they were talking about back in April 2020.13.3TF makes no sense for a ~50 less BOM console

Last edited:

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
CHOO CHOO! For your ticket aboard the Hype Train, Simply REACT to this comment.

Driver: Mark Cerny
Passengers: 124

ODMrPb9.jpg
HYYYYYYPE!

Ps5 to feature built in Covid19 vaccine! Calling it now

Last edited:

Banned
Its crazy where whe are now, like holly shit whe are talking about 11-13 Tflop RDNA 2 consoles with 8 core zen 2 cpu clocked at 3.6GHZ with 16 threads and super fast ssd's with full ray tracing. If whe told this a year ago people would call us crazy and start attacking that its whas impossible to push the consoles this far. I expected at max performance between 1080 and 1080ti with optimisation making it closer to 1080ti last year. They both are beast of a consoles, and much much better than what i expected. First upgrade my pc end of this year and get one of those consoles this year, and the other one will follow shortly next year.

well if we look at current gen consoles it's not hard to see why we thought that way.
this generation was by far the most disappointing console generation in history in terms of the technology they pushed.
they literally launched with 2 year old mid-tier GPUs, absolutely god awful CPUs and 500GB of storage, which even the 360 and the PS3 offered.

the only thing that was surprisingly high was the amount of RAM, because older generations always cheaped out on RAM and barely had enough to run demanding PC ports.

Well tomorrow we will see, but for may last guess, I will give Sony the benefit of the doubt. 48CU 11.2TF.
It's a disgrace if Sony can't at least be close to Microsoft. But what scares me is the fact that Sony CEO said he needs playstations as cheap as possible to get people Players back in the new generation. That's not a $500 machine. That's a $400 machine at 9.2TF to 10.6TF.

Last edited:

Dr Strange

Just looking through Tommy’s previous posts and he already hinted at the recent IP purchase rumour
Who the hell is this Tommy guy and how the hell he knew about the super specific XsX techincal specs and even Sony’s internal decisions like purchasing Konami IPs?!

Well tomorrow we will see, but for may last guess, I will give Sony the benefit of the doubt. 48CU 11.2TF.
It's a disgrace if Sony can't at least be close to Microsoft. But what scares me is the fact that Sony CEO said he needs playstations as cheap as possible to get people Players back in the new generation. That's not a $500 machine. That's a $400 machine at 9.2TF to 10.6TF.

From what I understand, Sony wants to make it affordable for what they’re offering. So it could still be in the $500 range.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
I bet quite a lot on 11.2(20p).IK the MS insiders knew what they were talking about back in April 2020.13.3TF makes no sense for a ~50 less BOM console

The ppl tht leaked 12tf for Xbox first weren't Microsoft insiders stop with revisionist bs. It was the same ppl tht had psv equal or on top tht leaked 12tf😁 ir was mostly neutral ppl in the industry such as Reiner, Schreier, Matt etc then Tommy Fisher, Osiris, etc

Last edited:

travisktl

Did they actually say that? I remember them saying the price will be " appealing to gamers in light of it's advanced feature set", which to me sounds like something that makes sense and people will be ok with, given that the console is far more advanced compared to the previous gen.

Last edited:

Thedtrain

These GDC template timeframes have been known for ages. It’s not like this is some super amazing preemptive attack by MS, or amazing quick slap back by Sony.

You know this don’t you? This shits been on the pipeline for months.
I wonder though, is this strictly what was always planned for GDC or was there something prior to this that they had originally planned, but had to delay due to corona

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I wonder though, is this strictly what was always planned for GDC or was there something prior to this that they had originally planned, but had to delay due to corona

I think honestly the original plan was to do more open stage show type thing, but corona put a stop to that, for sure.

But the sequence of events hasn’t changed, MS were always due to go first. I think people just didn’t assume that Sony would follow the same time frame.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
These GDC template timeframes have been known for ages. It’s not like this is some super amazing preemptive attack by MS, or amazing quick slap back by Sony.

But MS butting in out of nowhere, and Sony putting together a response from scratch in the following 24 hours makes for a good story for fanboys.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned

Disregards one of the Japanese heads saying psv will be niche and for the hard-core gamers foh with this nonsense driven by a narrative 🤦‍♂️🤡🤡🤡🤡

Bro don't even bother. People are ignorant. Some of them willfully.

It doesn't help to try to educate the Neanderthals that these reveals/events are planned years ahead of time. They should all know that by now but it unfortunately won't stop the rampant 'Lol MS got Sony shook' responses.

I like how you only quote the stuff that fits your narrative. He called himself gaming "tech". How the fuck do you mix up shader arrays and shader engine? RGT is not credible at all. You really should stop posting these 2 clowns twitter.

Red Gaming Tech still thinks PS5 is only a 9.2 Tflop machine, lol. I guess its best to keep your expectations low and be surprised when its better than expected.

I think people need to keep expectations in check. is sony had a more powerful system they would have said so months ago after game awards. If it really is more powerful tomorrow Cerney will talk t flops. If it isn't hes is going to talk as he said about the ackitacture of it and make it sound amazing. Talk about the super fast sdd and the fat pipe for memory or whatever they say. These are all buzz words im hearing used to hype a product. Once he says this the fan boys will do the rest online even if the system is weaker. He can make the illusion its better and thats really all you need. Just my opinion. I really dont know but I have been good at guessing things

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
This thread is generating a lot of reports.

Everyone in here, have a little bit of perspective please. Gaming is our escape, and we are all blowing off some steam especially with the current global pandemic we are going through.

We should not be insulting each other, or going at each other with personal attacks. If anything, gaming should bring us together on common ground, especially when something can happen to any one of us or our loved ones at any time during this ordeal.

All of this aggression over plastic boxes. Remember, some people don’t have it so lucky.

If you want to be around to partake in the discussion for tomorrow’s reveal, then I suggest everyone back down on the insults and personal attacks.

Pug

The ppl tht leaked 12tf for Xbox first weren't Microsoft insiders stop with revisionist bs. It was the same ppl tht had psv equal or on top tht leaked 12tf😁 ir was mostly neutral ppl in the industry such as Reiner, Schreier, Matt etc then Tommy Fisher, Osiris, etc
The people who leaked the 12 TF were MS themselves, when they dropped XSX at the game awards!

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I think people need to keep expectations in check. is sony had a more powerful system they would have said so months ago after game awards. If it really is more powerful tomorrow Cerney will talk t flops. If it isn't hes is going to talk as he said about the ackitacture of it and make it sound amazing. Talk about the super fast sdd and the fat pipe for memory or whatever they say. These are all buzz words im hearing used to hype a product. Once he says this the fan boys will do the rest online even if the system is weaker. He can make the illusion its better and thats really all you need. Just my opinion. I really dont know but I have been good at guessing things
I think Sony cares more about Corona and their own timing than when MS decides to put out tweets. In fact if you're looking at timing why would they want to reveal so soon after MS if they were weaker? Wouldn't they want to wait and just show games? Yet this talk is all hardware apparently

Banned
I think Sony cares more about Corona and their own timing than when MS decides to put out tweets. In fact if you're looking at timing why would they want to reveal so soon after MS if they were weaker? Wouldn't they want to wait and just show games? Yet this talk is all hardware apparently

because... like it was said many times already, this timing is not a reaction, it is not spontaneous... it's literally the exact same time GDC would have happened, where both Sony and Microsoft had panels planned, and both would have revealed their specs there.

travisktl

It's because these talks have both been planned for months. They were supposed to be done at GDC, which would have been going on right now. All they were planning on talking about was hardware, and games will probably follow with a State of Play or something similar to what's happening tomorrow around the time E3 was supposed to be happening.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
It's because these talks have both been planned for months. They were supposed to be done at GDC, which would have been going on right now. All they were planning on talking about was hardware, and games will probably follow with a State of Play or something similar to what's happening tomorrow around the time E3 was supposed to be happening.
But without GDC going on they have no obligation to do so

Banned
Disregards one of the Japanese heads saying psv will be niche and for the hard-core gamers foh with this nonsense driven by a narrative 🤦‍♂️🤡🤡🤡🤡

he is literally describing the PS4 there.
home consoles are in a steep decline in Japan. Handheld consoles and Mobile games dominate the country. even the PC is on the rise.
Home console in japan = Niche compared to other forms of gaming.

Banned

staying quiet even longer would be worse, no matter if they have the stronger system or the weaker system.
word of mouth spreads, and if the narrative gets established that the 12TF Xbox is a beast and Sony is too scared to show their system this can get stuck in the minds of the casuals.
there are people to this day that think you can't play used games on Xbox One, like I literally overheard a store employee have a talk with a customer about this last year.

travisktl

Why throw months of planning down the drain when you can just do a simple live stream? Xbox is doing the exact same thing over the next few days. I'm just saying we would have been getting the exact same info, and at the same time if GDC was going on. The only difference at the moment is the way it's being presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom