• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHOO CHOO! For your ticket aboard the Hype Train, Simply REACT to this post.

Driver: Mark Cerny
Passengers: 169

YPVwD2S.jpg

I want in too.

Sinthor

Gold Member
[QUOTE = "CJY, publicación: 257381904, miembro: 591059"]
¡CHÚ CHÚ! Para su boleto a bordo del tren Hype, simplemente REACCIONE a esta publicación.

Conductor: Mark Cerny
Pasajeros: 169

YPVwD2S.jpg

[/CITAR]

Thanks a lot!!!: messenger_beaming:

I feel like I've been on this train a LONG time but punching myself another ticket! Let's goo!

OsirisBlack

Banned
Not changing mine I still say the XsX will have the power advantage though the V will come close, within the 10% I have stood by.

All chatter seems to point to a bigger number then 12 which being a Playstation fan first I will love but not changing my numbers just because it looks like I am wrong.

I will go down just being wrong and I am ok with that.

My final number is close to 11.2

standing on 12.4

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
staying quiet even longer would be worse, no matter if they have the stronger system or the weaker system.
word of mouth spreads, and if the narrative gets established that the 12TF Xbox is a beast and Sony is too scared to show their system this can get stuck in the minds of the casuals.
there are people to this day that think you can't play used games on Xbox One, like I literally overheard a store employee have a talk with a customer about this last year.
But they actually announced that and there's no preorders available for either yet. Silence doesn't mean anything. It's just silence. It's not bad or good. In fact I was expecting them to stay quiet until this covid 19 talk died down a little just for maximum coverage but I guess they felt confident enough to talk now

saintjules

But they actually announced that and there's no preorders available for either yet. Silence doesn't mean anything. It's just silence. It's not bad or good. In fact I was expecting them to stay quiet until this covid 19 talk died down a little just for maximum coverage but I guess they felt confident enough to talk now

It's truly a bitter sweet moment here for both Companies. On one hand you have the Pandemic going on...but on the other hand, you have alot of people at home in isolation and the like, looking for something to see/do thus making it the perfect time to showcase information.

Maybe some might feel revealing news this week to be a bit selfish. I don't know. Feels weird overall. Thankful we're getting something tomorrow is all.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I like it. I hate it when my DS4 is empty and I have to use the cable to continue playing. On Xbox I only swap the Eneloop's and go on.

Same. I'm still using the same charger that I purchased way back in 2006 for the 360, and I'm only on my second package of batteries. A very economical solution overall.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
It's truly a bitter sweet moment here for both Companies. On one hand you have the Pandemic going on...but on the other hand, you have alot of people at home in isolation and the like, looking for soemthing to see/do thus making it the perfect time to showcase information.

Maybe some might feel revealing news this week to be a bit selfish. I don't know. Feels weird overall. Thankful we're getting something tomorrow is all.
Oh I'm glad they're doing it as I've been starving for news but I was just saying from a maximum splash kinda perspective. Like I think MS' announcements have been pretty drowned out by all the constant updates of lockdowns

What I'm mostly looking forward to is how it differentiates itself from the XSX. If the devs are so impressed then there must be some crazy cool stuff besides TF or a faster SSD.

From most of what I've read/heard about it, they really concentrated on eliminating bottlenecks this time around. So not only is it very powerful, but it's very efficient.

I've got this feeling that Microsoft knew Sony was going to talk about the PS5 tomorrow and they showed the Series X specs before hand just so people can compare the two.

you know I would have gotten on the XsX hype train, but MSFT never made an announcement of an announcement. But I am still on the MSFT hype train [even though it doesn't have Wifi 6 >:0( ]

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Tomorrow will be a very intersting day....lets see who gets voted off the island
most of us have to remember, just like BGs said, certain numbers which have been thrown around might have been true at one point in time or another during the Playstation 5 development, as for the final number which will be revealed tomorrow (hopefully), then even an insider cannot say for certain. My point is we don't need to start delegitimising/cancelling the insiders if their numbers were slightly off.

Stuart360

Funny people talking about Castlevania all of a sudden. Anyways sort of bad news, (I'm bored) made some phone calls. Don't get your hopes up about two many games tomorrow.
I dont know why so many people are expecting next gen games to be shown now, thats a thing for E3, and yes E3 is cancelled but i'm sure both will be doing some kind of event around E3 time.

Edit. Ah i see what you did there.

Last edited:

IR3TR0

Neo Member
Yes, me.

Pretty sure Cerny will show at least the front of the console and a couple of videos probably Gran Turismo and The Last of Us 2, showcasing raytracing and 4k

be hyped
Really want to see gt at night with the rt stuff on, but am just happy we are getting some info, almost a year since we got that first ps5 wired article, feels like it too😂

Null_Key

Neo Member
Funny people talking about Castlevania all of a sudden. Anyways sort of bad news, (I'm bored) made some phone calls. Don't get your hopes up about two many games tomorrow.
From what I gather it's just a dive into the console and not really a E3 esch bombshell showcase. Was suppose to be done during GDC, but was ultimately canned. Price, release date, and games will probably shown closer to to E3, TGS timeframe.

Last edited:

I was expecting 0 next games and just old ones for tech demos.
If they have even one Sony next gen first party game that would be good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom