• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinnergy

CPU of Series X is a lot faster. So is the GPU, the github was real, thanks for my banning, told you guys to be realistic.

Smoke / fire.

Ellery

Insanely impressive what Cerny is talking about. If this console is $499 then I am extremely happy.

I love the high GPU frequency. As a PC gamer it always amazes me how well performance scales with higher clockspeeds.

Super looking forward to this piece of hardware.

12 is also the peak for Xbox.

Dunno; MS mentioned stable clocks for a reason. 12TF seems like the constant performance, granted it really does come down to if a game needs all of that. Some indie game for example probably won't.

How is the new xbox so much better? Is it going to cost $100+ more?

If PS5 isn't priced $100 lower Sony will look cheap af

Hey it's the OP! Welcome back OP!!!

Last edited:
I hereby apologize profusely to everyone who believed in GitHub. It did indeed contain the GPU for the PS5. I was a blathering idiot to believe that Sony would actually launch a decent console that would be a generational leap. Obviously, they no longer want to be competitive and are willing to put out garbage. All I can hope is that the global shutdown will end up making Sony and Microsoft cancel the launch of these consoles.

Banned
I told many people on here to not dismiss 100% true data...

and I got mocked for it, like many others.

btw. 10TF is still good, which I also said multiple times. the differences won't be dramatic in real world examples.
I'm just worried that they even clocked higher than the github tests which I didn't expect. I expected 2 additional active CUs to get to 10TF

the heat will be a real issue

Bligtgate

He’s talking bollocks btw, because you will still have loading. That’s not possible to get around on this level.

Guys, by all means throw all the Crow at me, I’ve already messaged my contact to ask what was going on, and I expect a load of emojis in reaponse.

By all means shower me crow shite 🤣🤣🤣 I said I would take it, and here I am!
No issues there but, your inputs are always appreciate. Having Wrong info happens everyday to me 😂😂

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Guys can I just say that the SSD is indeed a game changer for Sony, it’s bloody brilliant. The problem is that everything else isn’t, at all.

And even then, the SX has an SSD anyway. Not as good no, but it doesn’t matter.

So, as I did this generation:

SX for multiplats
PS5 for first party

I’m actually still expecting this all to be a bait and switch, and they have a MUCH higher Pro ready for Christmas. Maybe,

I'm a piece of garbage moron idiot who deserves to eat blended crickets with ketchup for a month. To believe that Sony would continue to launch consoles that were a true generational leap was a massive mistake. Those who believed in GitHub were correct. The PS5 is a gimped piece of trash compared to the XBox Series X.

sinnergy

I told many people on here to not dismiss 100% true data...

and I got mocked for it, like many others.

btw. 10TF is still good, which I also said multiple times. the differences won't be dramatic in real world examples.
I'm just worried that they even clocked higher than the github tests which I didn't expect. I expected 2 additional active CUs to get to 10TF

the heat will be a real issue
I even was banned , but frankly I was a bit of a shit poster because I was tired of repeating the Github leak.

Just in case you're wondering about the gpu in the PS5, it's 10.3 TFLOPS with some quite unique features that sony has built in. Doing the math, the gpu power difference between the 12 TFLOP gpu in the Xbox series X and the 10.3 TFLOP gpu in the PS5 is 16% in the Xbox's favour.
The formula to use is the highest number divided by the lowest.
In this case it's 12/10.3 and the result is 1.16504854369, which in simplified terms is 1.16x or 16%, barely enough to raise the framerate by a couple of frames and a slight improvement in shadows with maybe a slight improvement in vegetation density which isn't enough to warrant picking the stronger unit over the weaker one.

Last edited:
I hereby apologize profusely to everyone who believed in GitHub. It did indeed contain the GPU for the PS5. I was a blathering idiot to believe that Sony would actually launch a decent console that would be a generational leap. Obviously, they no longer want to be competitive and are willing to put out garbage. All I can hope is that the global shutdown will end up making Sony and Microsoft cancel the launch of these consoles.

Calm down bro, it's okay. This is still looking like a beastly system, and it has the better SSD. They still have banger games too and that's something MS has to prove their worth in (beyond the usual Halo/Gears/Forza and smaller gems like Ori).

In any case PS5 should be max $399 so that's going to be a boon for it in addition to other things.

thats the main problem. the ssd wont be completely utilized in third party games; so same load times as sex; but game in lower res and lower fps;

for me sony set the wrong priorities

Also, while you can use non-proprietary SSDs for the PS5. The problem is they must support the same speeds and setup.

As of today, there are no SSDs that do this.

To be honest, I don't there will be any for awhile which means XSX will have the only expandable memory for the time being.

Also at those speeds the open market SSDs will still be absurdly expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom