• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andodalf

Banned
PS5 not having full ps4 bc is insane. oof. oof.

Sony Gaf was very wrong. Fundamentally. not just a bad bet, many said if you though XSX was 1TF or more higher you were a troll. I guess Cerny is a Troll

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Sounds like they collaborated with AMD, and he seemed to hint AMD might take some of the PS5 GPU features and add them to a new-gen GPU. He made a point to say, "That doesn't mean we just took a generic AMD GPU."
"Testing has to be done on a title-by-title basis."
"We recently took a look at the TOP 100 PS4 titles, and we expect almost all of them to be playable at launch."

This means no comprehensive PS4 BC, let alone PS1, PS2, PS3.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Has he mentioned memory yet? Is it just 16gb (and not 16+4 for example) And if so, how much does the OS take up?

As for STILL no BC for past generations, I’m utterly shocked, and would be surprised if they don’t announce that later.

Last edited:

Dane

PS5 not having full ps4 bc is insane. oof. oof.

Sony Gaf was very wrong. Fundamentally. not just a bad bet, many said if you though XSX was 1TF or more higher you were a troll. I guess Cerny is a Troll

Hold on, not full BC, where?

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Has he mentioned memory yet? Is it just 16gb (and not 16+4 for example) And if so, how much does the OS take up?

As for STILL no BC for past generations, I’m utterly shocked, and would be surprised if they don’t announce that later.

They already showed how PS4 backward compatibility will not effect cutting cost. No, backward compatibility beyond PS4 is out the window. They would have announced it now.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
CKwl6ab.jpg

"Cortana, Phil the bath."

Last edited:

Dane

Hold on, the boost can't be on as as long the game is running and demanding it?

He said "of the top 100 PS4 games, we're proud to say that MOST will run at launch"

oh man, i hope its just a PS2 to PS1 case where few doesn't run.

Last edited:
10.3TF people

Hold on, the boost can't be on as as long the game is running and demanding it?

oh man, i hope its just a PS2 to PS1 case where few doesn't run.

Sounds like it. If the game doesn't need the extra performance the system won't provide it. So base is probably closer to 9.2TF (I'm guessing).

Last edited:
I realized my guesses for TF of both PS5 & XSX were quite close to the official numbers we have now.
Also a lot of people here were right with their speculations. I think we all can be happy!

From a post I made in January of this year: "My guess is the following: PS5 - 9.8 teraflops; Xbox Series X - 12.3 teraflops."

Sony just handed the generation to microsoft! The 10.3TF GPU is an absolute DISASTER. It's a useless piece of JUNK. This is not a true generational leap but a gimped system that should not even launch. My hope is that they end up canceling the launch of the PS5 for a few years until they can produce a true generational leap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom