• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sony's customised version of the AMD RDNA 2 GPU features 36 compute units running at frequencies that are capped at 2.23GHz, effectively delivering 10.28TF of peak compute performance. However, again, while 2.23GHz is the limit and also the typical speed, it can drop lower based on the workloads being demanded of it. "

sounds like 9,xy tf when stressed :messenger_tears_of_joy:

scie

Sony's customised version of the AMD RDNA 2 GPU features 36 compute units running at frequencies that are capped at 2.23GHz, effectively delivering 10.28TF of peak compute performance.

from eurogamer, so this is max, the average might be even lower.

And now we know, why MS kept emphasizing all clocks are "locked" on everything like GPU, CPU, SSD. I think they knew this "boost" mode on PS5

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
VigilantRashAss-size_restricted.gif

hemo memo

“””insiders””” indeed. Let me think. Sony changed it from 13 to 10.28 and insiders were right all along. I’m looking for an excuse to give them.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Well, can already tell that people are missing the boat on just how well this system will perform. We'll see when we have actual games, but looks to me like despite having lower overall TF numbers, this thing is going to be focused on performance in other ways that will make up most if not all of that difference.

Well, can already tell that people are missing the boat on just how well this system will perform. We'll see when we have actual games, but looks to me like despite having lower overall TF numbers, this thing is going to be focused on performance in other ways that will make up most if not all of that difference.
Agreed. System looks like a beast compared to this current generation and it will be $399. It has to be.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
He’s talking bollocks btw, because you will still have loading. That’s not possible to get around on this level.

Guys, by all means throw all the Crow at me, I’ve already messaged my contact to ask what was going on, and I expect a load of emojis in reaponse.

By all means shower me crow shite 🤣🤣🤣 I said I would take it, and here I am!

Sinthor

Gold Member
I was in day one already but this sounds like a $399 system.

Makes sense the rumors that Sony was waiting on MS to drop price news.

Yep. Overall, it means Sony will likely dominate the market again as far as sales, etc. I'm pretty sure they will be doing a PS5 PRO in a few years as well- I think that's going to be a new strategy from BOTH SONY and MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom