• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaztu

There’s something he says in the first video that I don’t quite get. He says “while the Series X is probably the more powerful console, the PS5 is probably easier to develop for and easier to push to its limit.”

Easier to develop for seems like a speculative reach unless he’s developed on both dev kits, but that’s fine. It’s his opinion based on what we know, and maybe he’s right.

but as far as “easier to push to its limit,” isn’t that a bad thing? If you can max something out easily doesn’t that mean there isn’t enough headroom to work with?

I also can’t help but notice we seem to pretend only MS has “fanantics” and “discord gangs.” It’s the same both ways, my man

Paul from Red Gaming Tech also said similar things in the podcast today.

It's all speculative stuff, but easier to develop meant to code for the narrower GPUs its not hard. XSX GPUs are wider, and its harder to utilize all CUs in parallel. You can hear this in CPU tech too. That devs are finally getting used to utilizing all threads in parallel, even though the tech has been there for years. Apparently, weak Jaguar CPUs pushed devs to utilize multi-threaded performance. PS3 Cells failed because of devs not utilizing the parallel workloads. Then, you can always speculate that the RAM setup is not ideal in XSX, so devs may need to put extra effort there.

Easier to push its limit can mean anything as well. It may mean PS5 API gives access down to the metal for smoother implementation. PS3 Cells still have headroom in 2020 to utilize. Doesn't mean thats a good thing. Extreme example, I know. It can also mean, the system is largely bottleneck free for its power, so devs dont have to solve puzzles to get the system to its limit. Interpretation can go anyway.

As for fanatics, both sides have em. But, from what I see, MS side is more pronounced. Their FUDs make rounds in social media, Youtube and forums. Its like there are effective repeaters setup, that make FUDs reach to a greater audience. The only Sony FUD'er I have seen is Liquid Titan and Jay Dub in Twitter. Don't even think people talk about them, cause no one cares.

Last edited:
Those dislikes on the Road to PS5 video tickle me. That whole presentation was such a huge pleb filter.
I am not agree if you are tenneger or just a kid which saw in your favorite gaming website "Tomorrow more details of PS5"
and then you saw that video, I understand the frustration of this people.

I mean if we try to understand something is not the obligation of all people to understand what is a CU (people here just copy paste everything they saw).

But in other hand the people of the media they should at least try understand because is like a website of cars full of people
without an idea of how the engine works.

Sony should be at least show a couple of demos just in order to general people see why Cerny was so excited about the SSD and IO
because yes was a presentation for GDC but they go with everyone to say it please say to your audience to see my presentation.

thelastword

Banned
I have seen his videos, but I have a disagreement with the latter. He said we only see a game with this destails in 2022/2023, but with HZD2 and a other Sony IP, I think in the next year we will se a game like Unreal 5 or even better.

I have other questions too, he said 3 or 4 years to a game like Unreal, because the level of detail, but they are only using megascans, the Unreal already made a video building a Forest with Megascans in a hour, so I Think its possible in very much less time ( Cerny talked about less than a month to create a game for PS5 and possible megascans is included). But I can be wrong.
I find his videos entertaining but I disagree in some of his points like for example:

1) Gears 5 is a horrible in performance.

Yes the game could has problem in performance but man do your research instead to just say than in the beginning was level
the last Batman.

2)A console cannot have a performance of a more expensive gpu like 2080.

I mean both console in just raw power are above a rx 5700 xt which is just 15%-20% less than the rtx 2080, the companies like
Xbox and Playstation are not guilty for our love to buy those overpriced GPUS for just a minimum delta in performance.

But in general like his videos for the way he explain some concepts.
Well good. Tbh, I didn't post his videos because I agree with everything he said, but I especially like the video where he compared the two consoles and explained which one won on what tech feature. As it relates to game speculation, timeframes and when he thinks we'll see UE5 quality graphics, like you, I disagree. I think we will see some impressive looking games next month, more impressive than the UE5 demo, but at least he understands the vision and effort that went into the custom PS5 architecture, so there's that......

Thirty7ven

Banned
I know in the States prices are more affordable but just for kicks I went and started doing a cheap PC config that could be seen to be at the ballpark level of the Ps5/XsX.

- 2700X
- RTX 2070S
- WD 1TB SSD 3GB/s
- Mini ITX Biostar x470

There's still other shit to buy and I'm already over a thousand euros. 499 is going to be a steal for these next gen consoles, a steal.

It's an incredible goal and they have pulled it off seemingly. It's very impressive.

They had to add a ton of custom hardware to the I/O system. With that said I don't see PCs doing something similar anytime soon.

While we will get drives faster than the one in the PS5, the lack of custom hardware will not make PCs I/O system as efficient as the PS5s for a long time.

I know in the States prices are more affordable but just for kicks I went and started doing a cheap PC config that could be seen to be at the ballpark level of the Ps5/XsX.

- 2700X
- RTX 2070S
- WD 1TB SSD 3GB/s
- Mini ITX Biostar x470

There's still other shit to buy and I'm already over a thousand euros. 499 is going to be a steal for these next gen consoles, a steal.

That SSD is still far behind the PS5s. I wonder what it will cost to obtain a similar drive.

Imtjnotu

- 2700X
- RTX 2070S
- WD 1TB SSD 3GB/s
- Mini ITX Biostar x470

im glad were at a point where consoles are just pc like and non of this extra cell, emotion engine, bullshit.

microsoft and the original xbox were what the industry needed at the time

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
There’s something he says in the first video that I don’t quite get. He says “while the Series X is probably the more powerful console, the PS5 is probably easier to develop for and easier to push to its limit.”

Easier to develop for seems like a speculative reach unless he’s developed on both dev kits, but that’s fine. It’s his opinion based on what we know, and maybe he’s right.

but as far as “easier to push to its limit,” isn’t that a bad thing? If you can max something out easily doesn’t that mean there isn’t enough headroom to work with?

I also can’t help but notice we seem to pretend only MS has “fanantics” and “discord gangs.” It’s the same both ways, my man

And thank the gaming Gods you’re always here to remind us. #SonyToo

sircaw

Banned
I would like to think it goes both ways too, but honestly the hardcore fanaticism has been coming from the Xbox side, especially when it comes to creating and spreading FUD rumours about the PS5 such as the overheating issues and the difficulty game devs have been having with the PS5 (+much more). It got to the point were several prominent tech-insiders/journalists had to come out and call bullshit on these stupid rumours which all began with that discord. I have not seen anything that bad come from the PS side of things. Which is interesting since PS has a significantly larger fan and user base. Don't get me wrong, I'm denying fanboys on both sides, I've seen some pretty stupid shit from the PS fans too but not on the level of the Xbox fanboys, specifically that Discord group.

Long Post sorry.

I remember when i first started looking for a console to play games on, it was about two + years ago. I had no idea about any games except a game called Halo on the xbox side of things. I had never even heard of naughty dog for that matter.

I remember trying to do research and i kept on getting these really clickbait videos of people always praising xbox and basically saying ps4 was garbage. But every time i watched game reviews to see what were the best exclusives i was getting a completely different story.

The people that were always harping on about how shit the ps4 or how wonderful the xbox were the following 4 people. There names were Dealer, colteastwood, crap gamer and a guy called Mbg.

What pissed me off was, being totally new to the console market i almost fell for their bullshit and almost missed out on some of the greatest games ever made. I am not rich at all, and could only afford one console so genuine accurate information to help me in my purchasing choice is of utmost importance.

I play games for fun, not for the constant hope of what is coming in a years time or the possibility of waiting for something better to come down the line.

To me Dealer and eastwood are the two worse culprits here, they know exactly what they are doing and in my eyes operate in a very sly and disingenuous manner. They are pushing a particular narrative and loved to declare they are not by saying they are neutral.. I suspect they probably have some ties now with some Microsoft big wigs as of now they have certain high level Microsoft people attending their podcasts.

Once you start having executives on your podcasts to advertise their perfered platform it makes me start to wonder what benefits are coming with it. I guess that is something we will never know.

Its the same with Digital Foundry, not trying to be nasty but when i see that big Microsoft xbox chip encased in plastic sitting front and centre on a desk in their videos, i start to wonder if their technical views are slightly tainted by them not wanting to offend a potential client like Microsoft. Getting invited out to a big event showcases would probably stop if you ended up criticising them to much. But that's just me and my opinion.

As for crap gamer, i believe he now favours ps4 but in all seriousness i don't think he is a fanboy at all, i think he just does it for the clicks. Somehow i think he is trying to make a living on youtube hence they 10 billion god damn videos he releases every day. Today, tomorrow he changes like the wind.

As for Mbg, hes an Xbox fanboy turned ps4 turned god knows what next generation.

All i know is, from my time of joining the console generation it is generally the xbox fans/you tube creators that for me have turned out to be more nasty or have participated in some sort of console war or trolling.

I don't know what it is or why they have become like this.

I have spotted it on this forums as well, its fucking sad.

I wish we could all just get along better.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Paul from Red Gaming Tech also said similar things in the podcast today.

It's all speculative stuff, but easier to develop meant to code for the narrower GPUs its not hard. XSX GPUs are wider, and its harder to utilize all CUs in parallel. You can hear this in CPU tech too. That devs are finally getting used to utilizing all threads in parallel, even though the tech has been there for years. Apparently, weak Jaguar CPUs pushed devs to utilize multi-threaded performance. PS3 Cells failed because of devs not utilizing the parallel workloads. Then, you can always speculate that the RAM setup is not ideal in XSX, so devs may need to put extra effort there.

Easier to push its limit can mean anything as well. It may mean PS5 API gives access down to the metal for smoother implementation. PS3 Cells still have headroom in 2020 to utilize. Doesn't mean thats a good thing. Extreme example, I know. It can also mean, the system is largely bottleneck free for its power, so devs dont have to solve puzzles to get the system to its limit. Interpretation can go anyway.

As for fanatics, both sides have em. But, from what I see, MS side is more pronounced. Their FUDs make rounds in social media, Youtube and forums. Its like there are effective repeaters setup, that make FUDs reach to a greater audience. The only Sony FUD'er I have seen is Liquid Titan and Jay Dub in Twitter. Don't even think people talk about them, cause no one cares.
You mean like the FUD that came out and has been hammered home since the road to PS5 that 52:CUs is impossible to program for. Both sides have their bad actors. Hell I was told the x series audio takes up 20% of the gpu lol. Now the Sony ssd is 5x faster. I'm buying both but Sony is winning by a country mile enjoy the victory and ignore the bad actors you will live longer.

Rikkori

- 2700X
- RTX 2070S
- WD 1TB SSD 3GB/s
- Mini ITX Biostar x470

The problem is you're trying to re-build a console as a PC, instead of playing to PC's strengths. That's where people fuck up all the time when looking at PCs. You should build around performance targets, instead of around spec targets. What do I mean? There's no point in overpaying for super-fast SSDs if you don't know the SSD requirements (which we don't right now). There's no point in trying to get 8 cores, when games have no issue hitting solid 60 fps even with 4c/8t, just because consoles will have 8c/16t, etc.

I think something like this will hold up very well compared to consoles for multi-plats, tho I think with another 100-200 you can better set yourself up for long term, but ideally you'd not upgrade before next-gen GPUs, the money just doesn't make sense for what's out today (especially with Covid price increases).

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor (€136.99 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: MSI B450M-A PRO MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€64.95 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€68.79 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€123.69 @ Mindfactory)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card (€417.99 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case (€34.68 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€51.98 @ Alternate)
Total: €899.07
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-23 20:29 CEST+0200

Thirty7ven

Banned
The problem is you're trying to re-build a console as a PC, instead of playing to PC's strengths. That's where people fuck up all the time when looking at PCs. You should build around performance targets, instead of around spec targets. What do I mean? There's no point in overpaying for super-fast SSDs if you don't know the SSD requirements (which we don't right now). There's no point in trying to get 8 cores, when games have no issue hitting solid 60 fps even with 4c/8t, just because consoles will have 8c/16t, etc.

I think something like this will hold up very well compared to consoles for multi-plats, tho I think with another 100-200 you can better set yourself up for long term, but ideally you'd not upgrade before next-gen GPUs, the money just doesn't make sense for what's out today (especially with Covid price increases).

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor (€136.99 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: MSI B450M-A PRO MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€64.95 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€68.79 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€123.69 @ Mindfactory)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card (€417.99 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case (€34.68 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€51.98 @ Alternate)
Total: €899.07
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-23 20:29 CEST+0200

Uh, you are picking a quad core because it worked this gen. Yeah, this gen consoles were jaguar.

The motherboard I picked was ten euros more expensive. Great savings there.

The SSD is 3GB/s, hardly a monster performer.

Why should I go with a 2060S when my performance target are the same as consoles next gen?

If what you are saying is I can build a PC cheaper than what I was doing that will offer me less performance, yeah. You can go even lower.

Last edited:

Easier to push to it's limit means it's easier to actually get full use of it's power, something like the XSX from what I understand (which is almost nothing) is harder just because it's not as efficient so you'll always have things that aren't being used. Basically we should expect to see games that are closer to using the PS5's specs to their fullest much more often than we will see anything using the XSX to it's fullest which is a good thing.

Last edited:

This video made me wonder, where is the Microsoft GDC talk addressing the finer details about their own harware?

When those gaps are going to be covered?👇

PS5 IOXSX IO
Flash Controller12 Lanes - Six levels of priority. Make - Rumoured to be Marvel. Link4 Lanes - Two levels of priority. Make - Rumoured to be Phison. Link
DecompressionBespoke Hardware. 9 Zen2 CPU Cores worth of workBespoke Hardware. 3 Zen2 CPU Cores worth of work
CoherencyBespoke Hardware. Assits IO Co-processors and GPU Cache Scrubbers. Housekeeper of sorts, keeps everything in placeUnspecified - 1
MappingBespoke Hardware. One IO Co-processor with shared SRAM10% of 1 Zen2 CPU Core used. May have possible DRAM
File IOBespoke Hardware. One IO Co-processor with shared SRAMThe above helps in this too
Check In & Load ManagementBespoke Hardware. DMA Controller does 2 Zen2 CPU core worth of workUnspecified - 2
GPU Cache ScrubbersBespoke Hardware. Evicts portions of cache instead of entire cache, protects from GPU stallsUnspecified - 3

Some questions on unspecified:

1. Is CPU processing utilized to make the process more coherent ?
2. Will it utilize CPU core if its not dedicated hardware ?
3. If none, it invalidates the entire cache before filling it with new data, more susceptible to GPU stalls. Worsens Latency.

PS. Keeping people in the dark about their SSD storage system, when they even showed the form factor and DF made like 10 videos about the Series X for them, is ridiculous at this point.

Last edited:

Dee_Dee

This video made me wonder, where is the Microsoft GDC talk addressing the finer details about their own harware?

PS. Keeping people in the dark about SSD storage system, when they even showed the form factor and DF made like 10 videos about the Series X for them, is ridiculous at this point.
MS event in June is supposed to go over the hardware. Well that’s what the rumors are pointing to.

PS. Keeping people in the dark about SSD storage system, when they even showed the form factor and DF made like 10 videos about the Series X for them, is ridiculous at this point.

I agree there they really need to be more transparent with their I/O system. The only reason why I can see them never revealing the details is if they have something to hide.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Long Post sorry.

I remember when i first started looking for a console to play games on, it was about two + years ago. I had no idea about any games except a game called Halo on the xbox side of things. I had never even heard of naughty dog for that matter.

I remember trying to do research and i kept on getting these really clickbait videos of people always praising xbox and basically saying ps4 was garbage. But every time i watched game reviews to see what were the best exclusives i was getting a completely different story.

The people that were always harping on about how shit the ps4 or how wonderful the xbox were the following 4 people. There names were Dealer, colteastwood, crap gamer and a guy called Mbg.

What pissed me off was, being totally new to the console market i almost fell for their bullshit and almost missed out on some of the greatest games ever made. I am not rich at all, and could only afford one console so genuine accurate information to help me in my purchasing choice is of utmost importance.

I play games for fun, not for the constant hope of what is coming in a years time or the possibility of waiting for something better to come down the line.

To me Dealer and eastwood are the two worse culprits here, they know exactly what they are doing and in my eyes operate in a very sly and disingenuous manner. They are pushing a particular narrative and loved to declare they are not by saying they are neutral.. I suspect they probably have some ties now with some Microsoft big wigs as of now they have certain high level Microsoft people attending their podcasts.

Once you start having executives on your podcasts to advertise their perfered platform it makes me start to wonder what benefits are coming with it. I guess that is something we will never know.

Its the same with Digital Foundry, not trying to be nasty but when i see that big Microsoft xbox chip encased in plastic sitting front and centre on a desk in their videos, i start to wonder if their technical views are slightly tainted by them not wanting to offend a potential client like Microsoft. Getting invited out to a big event showcases would probably stop if you ended up criticising them to much. But that's just me and my opinion.

As for crap gamer, i believe he now favours ps4 but in all seriousness i don't think he is a fanboy at all, i think he just does it for the clicks. Somehow i think he is trying to make a living on youtube hence they 10 billion god damn videos he releases every day. Today, tomorrow he changes like the wind.

As for Mbg, hes an Xbox fanboy turned ps4 turned god knows what next generation.

All i know is, from my time of joining the console generation it is generally the xbox fans/you tube creators that for me have turned out to be more nasty or have participated in some sort of console war or trolling.

You could of saved a ton of time and used meta critic on Sony and Microsoft published games to decide Sony wins. I rarely watch YouTube so only know digital foundry of those. They shit on both sides equally to me. They shit on Sony for ps3 and Microsoft for the one in direct comparison videos. They just seem to love technology and the Microsoft guys seem to share a lot more. Cerny has been on there and they slobber over him to when he shows up.

Great Hair

Banned
That SSD is still far behind the PS5s. I wonder what it will cost to obtain a similar drive.

Current Gen 4 nvme 4x like Sabrent, Firecua, Corsair MP600, AORUS in their 1TB configuration will cost about $200 to 250. Gen 4x pcie 4.0 = 7.8GB/s but all these won´t go past the 5GB/s and drop hard as soon the temperature rises.

$200 to $400 (2TB variant)

My favourite part of the video is the bit where he confirms that the thing that holds back PCs is other PCs.
I have to do it.

DNQb7WJ.jpg

- 2700X
- RTX 2070S
- WD 1TB SSD 3GB/s
- Mini ITX Biostar x470

I recommend to wait a little more if you buy something this weeks you will regret in a couple of months.

They want to hide that there is nothing special about it. At least when you compare it with Sony solution.

That could be true. Sonys I/O system has alot of custom hardware that the XSX seems to lack.

But I also read that Xbox is approaching their SSD differently and they they are more focused the software side of it. They could end up with a better system but at the moment Sony appears to be ahead.

Vaztu

You mean like the FUD that came out and has been hammered home since the road to PS5 that 52:CUs is impossible to program for. Both sides have their bad actors. Hell I was told the x series audio takes up 20% of the gpu lol. Now the Sony ssd is 5x faster. I'm buying both but Sony is winning by a country mile enjoy the victory and ignore the bad actors you will live longer.

I have only recently been active in next-gen stuff. So, I cannot completely comment on where the 52CU or 20%GPU FUD came from. I heard the 52CU comment from Paul in a RGT video and today in a podcast. That's why I mentioned it.

The whole point of a speculation thread is to speculate what sounds reasonable/logical and what is FUD.

52CU impossible to program for ? Fake news. Is it harder ? Yes there seems precedent towards it, so we can speculate further on it.

Audio takes 20% of GPU ? Fake news. There is audio chip on both consoles. How much work do they offload from CPU/GPU ? What are their unique capabilities ? Certainly room to speculate.

Sony SSD 5x faster ? Fake news. There is a difference on paper (2.4 vs 5.5 raw). Does this difference increase or decrease further down pipeline ? We can speculate. This rumour came from a insider info that Kratos(Mod) verified. Doesn't make it true, but we can talk about it without people claiming FUD.

Technology has made us lazy. People want information handed to their screens. Always thinking that someone will find the answer for me.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I believe Valhalla is most likely GPU-limited on next-gen consoles. The reason why it's 30fps is because I think they're pushing PC's Ultra settings on next-gen consoles at native 4K, while current-gen will be running at Med-High (perhaps even lower settings) at lower resolutions. Even if PS5 could run Valhalla at 4K, 60fps, they'd cap the frame-rate to 30fps for parity's sake.

Yes, it might feature uncapped framerates mode on both and call it a day, like some PS4 Pro games (GOW, Borderlands 3, Tomb Raider, etc). How ancient AC engine is would be questionable if it can't be compatible with the efficient streaming of PS5, that save lots of room for RAM/GPU/CPU to do much more.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Correct but since no E3 this year, they'll have them around the reveal. I read somewhere that PS+ will be on 30% discount. I'll bite since mine ends in September. What a pity they don't make Platinum headsets anymore. I really need a new one.

That's quite interesting. Are they preparing for a new revision of the Platinum headsets that should utilize The Tempest engine complex audio? It's not like the current one isn't compatible, it already supports 3D Audio. Maybe they'll push the bitrate range and make it more responsive and premium as most people say it's near identical to Gold right now.

New-Doc-2020-02-05-20.38.48_1-scaled.jpg

5619302cv14d.jpg

You can replace the pads with aftermarket ones:

d045b48e-9405-4a65-8359-cb52e1ee99bb.jpg

HTB121VMbyjrK1RjSsplq6xHmVXak.jpg

61KtCbXZcgL._AC_SL1181_.jpg

I highly regret buying Astro A40+mixer over it.

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

Or they have nothing more to show.

In any event, this creates a lot of room for wild ill-founded speculations and trolling time here and on twitter.

It is all very odd they emphasised being transparent and open yet in recent weeks they have puckered up like a drum around details about the specs/XVA since the PS5 reveal.

From both Sony and Microsoft this whole next-gen roll out has been bloody frustrating and I say that having gone through generations where I've waited 1-2 years to get a console after Japan.....

Corndog

Banned
I'm glad people are sharing his videos, dude seems to be very knowledgeable. I shared his previous video were he reacted to the UE5 tech demo and he mentioned something which stood out to me, I'll share it again since I think it's important.

"Just having to sort through all this data, I'm sure this demo is like hundreds of gigabytes , because there is so much texturing, so much triangles, so just reading that data, it's interesting to look at the PS5 architecture, I'm sure a lot of this is being streamed in from disk (SSD), every frame, that SSD has to be blazingly fast, that relationship between disk and VRAM, has to be really tight and think it has to be specific to this architecture"

Funnily enough during that video he was not familiar with the PS5 specs and said he should really check them out.
This is what I call light console warring. Find a quote from someone that supports a narrative that is most likely false. Or at a minimum will rile up the other side. Congrats.

Edit: I’m sure we will soon get the “no one is saying that” line soon as well.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
That's quite interesting. Are they preparing for a new revision of the Platinum headsets that should utilize The Tempest engine complex audio? It's not like the current one isn't compatible, it already supports 3D Audio. Maybe they'll push the bitrate range and make it more responsive and premium as most people say it's near identical to Gold right now.

New-Doc-2020-02-05-20.38.48_1-scaled.jpg

5619302cv14d.jpg

You can replace the pads with aftermarket ones:

d045b48e-9405-4a65-8359-cb52e1ee99bb.jpg

HTB121VMbyjrK1RjSsplq6xHmVXak.jpg

61KtCbXZcgL._AC_SL1181_.jpg

I highly regret buying Astro A40+mixer over it.
I wonder how Sony’s headsets compare to high end stuff.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
People who want to “both sides” are being disingenuous. Clearly one side is investing a 1000% more into spreading fud and belittle the other.

Considering the Xbox brand built its image around “bro dudes”, energy drinks and shooters, it’s hard to be surprised.
Truth is I wanted to sound a bit objective but yes you are completely right.

And Lmao @ "bro dudes"

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Long Post sorry.

It's a shame things are like that, we should just be able to play whichever game we want and know which games are the best but you know the amount of dis-information coming from the toxic fanboys reflects a lot of modern day journalism too, just a lot of information being moulded and manipulated to fit agendas and narratives.

As for MBG, yeah I heard he was an Xbox fanboy a few years ago but I only bumped into his channel a few months ago, truth is, all I see is him damage controlling the PS5 since Mark Cerny's talk even though it's not necessary. He comes off as really insecure lol

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
This is what I call light console warring. Find a quote from someone that supports a narrative that is most likely false.

Define what part of the statement was console warring though... what is being disputed? That the demo relied heavily on a data set bigger than what you can normally store in RAM and thus stresses SSD I/O?

Is this being up for discussion really and which part?

Last edited:
I would like to think it goes both ways too, but honestly the hardcore fanaticism has been coming from the Xbox side, especially when it comes to creating and spreading FUD rumours about the PS5 such as the overheating issues and the difficulty game devs have been having with the PS5 (+much more). It got to the point were several prominent tech-insiders/journalists had to come out and call bullshit on these stupid rumours which all began with that discord. I have not seen anything that bad come from the PS side of things. Which is interesting since PS has a significantly larger fan and user base. Don't get me wrong, I'm denying fanboys on both sides, I've seen some pretty stupid shit from the PS fans too but not on the level of the Xbox fanboys, specifically that Discord group.
People who want to “both sides” are being disingenuous. Clearly one side is investing a 1000% more into spreading fud and belittle the other.

Considering the Xbox brand built its image around “bro dudes”, energy drinks and shooters, it’s hard to be surprised.

I’m not being disingenuous, I resent that claim/accusation.

I really disagree with this. You don’t think people who put up videos of pro XsX content don’t get dogpiled? You don’t see FUD both ways? At least two people in this thread told me that the UE5 demo straight up cannot run on the XsX. It’s happening everywhere.

Just because something doesn’t fit your agenda doesn’t make it disingenuous. As far as fanaticism, I mean some people freak out over any pro-XsX comment or reply around here, and yes same goes for PS5.

Playing the victim card is bullshit. It works both fuckin’ ways. There are plenty of examples of it working both ways in this very thread. Claiming it’s only a one way street seems extremely ignorant, at best. Don’t be blinded by your one-sided allegiance. Just look around.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
That could be true. Sonys I/O system has alot of custom hardware that the XSX seems to lack.

But I also read that Xbox is approaching their SSD differently and they they are more focused the software side of it. They could end up with a better system but at the moment Sony appears to be ahead.

Bs thy won't end up with a better ssd system stop reading fud. It's a fact Sony's ssd is innovative, non traditional and centerpiece of their console hence it being better by a country mile. Xbox isn't approaching SSD differently, they have a traditional solution. Sony has approached their ssd and console differently. Only morons like Timdog, coltwood, etc will downplay.

It's one thing trying to be neutral about things but facts are facts and ppl can praise one machine for having a better solution if it's true.

I see you post alot and you seem to be trying to find a middle ground as to not offend a certain console demographic and thts OK but let's not make a middle ground where there isn't one. Is Xbox gpu stronger than sonys? Yes, marginally and ppl have put percentages up. Is tht a fact? Yes and thts OK. Is Sony ssd faster and better than nextbox? Definitively and it isn't even close. Fact and there is nothing wrong with tht.

BTW on the software side ppl use to say tht they thought microsoft being a software company would have an edge but if anything it showed us the ps4 from os, to features, to apis has been better in tht category too. I forsee ps5 software, os, apis, etc being better and more efficient again.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I wonder how Sony’s headsets compare to high end stuff.

When talking about high end, you should bring Sony's WH-1000XM3 to the table. It's still the best noise cancelling headset in the market. Problem with it is that it's not compatible with PS4, doesn't work as suppose to. I think the new PS Platinum headset might burrow from it the Sony's LDAC tech that makes 3x better sound quality via bluetooth:

I can see Sony supporting its own tech on PS5 this time around, with the heavy focus on audio in general on PS5. That'll make high-end headsets supporting LDAC to be a really viable option for hardcore gamers. Either way, current gen quality sounds are considered shit compared to PS3!

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sony.com.au%2Fproduct%2Fresources%2Fen_AU%2Fimages%2FOverview%2Fhome_audio%2FSTR-DN1060%2Fimages%2Fhigh_quality_wireless_streaming.jpg

Imagine playing with much high quality sound. LDAC, although it's a Sony tech, is not exclusive to Sony products so you might see it on XSX. I'm eagerly waiting for the new WH-1000XM4, but the bigger drivers on PS headset might be better for punchier bass.

Last edited:
T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
I’m not being disingenuous, I resent that claim/accusation.

I really disagree with this. You don’t think people who put up videos of pro XsX content don’t get dogpiled? You don’t see FUD both ways? At least two people in this thread told me that the UE5 demo straight up cannot run on the XsX. It’s happening everywhere.

Just because something doesn’t fit your agenda doesn’t make it disingenuous. As far as fanaticism, I mean some people freak out over any pro-XsX comment or reply around here, and yes same goes for PS5.

Playing the victim card is bullshit. It works both fuckin’ ways. There are plenty of examples of it working both ways in this very thread. Claiming it’s only a one way street seems extremely ignorant, at best. Don’t be blinded by your one-sides allegiance.
You didn't seem to answer any of my points. There has not been a intentional and agressive effort of spreading constant dis-information about the Series X by PS fans or on the level that has been done by Xbox fanboys. People can say whatever they want on forums but the BS fake FUD rumours spread by fanatic Xbox fanboys actually went viral on Twitter which resulted in a good number of industry insiders and analysts like Jason Schrier and others to call bullshit on these fake rumours and there was a huge controversy.

I wonder if a discord group of toxic PS fans exist where they strategically plan on putting out fake FUD rumours about their favourite plastic box because I have not seen any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom