• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaintTinJr

Yup, it should specify that it supports LDAC tech, which is the superior wireless tech so far but few are still catching up. Some of the supported headsets:

- Sony WH-1000MX3 (better wait for the new one XM4 that should be released this year, I guess). Still the best.
- Sony WH-XB900n, cheaper cousin of the above.
- Panasonic RP-HD605N-K.
- Sony WI-1000x.
- Audeze Mobius.

There might be more than those, so better search.

More into it:

I got a a pair os WF-1000XM3's a few weeks back, and although they don't support LDAC, they are a little bit special in that they have full functionality for each bud - rather than relay between Left to right -so it is actually two Bluetooth connections being made.

When using the buds for late night gaming or TV, I set my Sony HT-NT3 (LDAC capable) soundbar to transmit mode - for Bluetooth -and use them with that. Sound quality is fantastic. I would love the over-ears pairs you listed but they would have been for a life before family with kids in all likelihood.

edit:

The phone app has options to subscribe to 360 deg audio services and has a part where you have to photograph your ear from two angles for upload to cloud for analysis - like Cerny talked about for the Tempest engine :)

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Honestly, as much as I would like to, because of the quality, I don't see Microsoft utilizing LDAC. I hope I'm wrong, but given how much they've talked about latency (big thing when they were talking about the controller), they might go with something like aptX Adaptive. aptX HD, I would say that's the sure bet, but again, with all their talk about latency, Adaptive could work well for them.

It's safe to say that it will only support aptX as the latest Surface Headphones 2 don't support aptX HD, although LDAC still has the upper hand in terms of quality:

Bluetooth-Audio-Codecs-840x559.png

While aptX being slightly faster, a test on Sony WH-1000XM3:

aptX-vs-LDAC-audio-latency-benchmark.jpg

The new Surface Headphones 2 recently released supports aptX, not the higher quality aptX HD, but still no LDAC.

61WQSvgxsHL._AC_SX466_.jpg

My brother lives in China and his wife is Chinese. Not sure if I could get her to do something frivolous like this though.

Well, if you think he would care to take a look, why not? But he might be too old for this shit :messenger_winking_tongue:

Corndog

Banned
That link doesn't work for me, but this is the one I was referring to, along with a description of the methodology used:

It shows the same thing, though. DualShock 4 over USB was implemented late on after the PS4 Pro launched, and was apparently to help in tournament like environments where there's a lot of Bluetooth competing for airtime. I'm guessing the USB polling rates on the PS4 were never designed with controller traffic in mind. In it's standard Bluetooth usage, it's already putting a massive focus on latency.
In Mark Cerny's talk that introduced PS4, he talked about how they'd worked hard on input latency for the DualShock 4, and that was it. A single sentence saying that. No marketing buzzword, not even a comparison to other systems or the previous DualShock 3.

I think if Sony had given the changes made to their IO pipeline between PS4 and PS5 a catchy sounding name, we'd not be hearing the end of it, even now. Instead people just talk about the "PS5 SSD", as if it's all about the flash chips and controller.

Look down in the comments and you will see the link. I think it is by the op halfway dead.

Look down in the comments and you will see the link. I think it is by the op halfway dead.
Yeah I spotted that and tried again but I get the same error. Maybe something to do with my own OneDrive account. Either way the data is there and methodology is in that comment with the link.
It's just funny to me how bad Sony are at marketing, rather than just one sentence in a product launch and then letting some random Rocket League player just stumble upon just how significant it is years later.
The work they'd done on latency should have had a memorable fast sounding buzzword associated with it back in 2012.

@dan_of_orion

Man, dont waste your time.

There is the so called "Official FUD", which is a sort of bullishit, wishful thinking and ill-founded argumentation to keep the powerful party/narrative alive. Whatever evidence you show them is going to be dismissed as "FUD" lol.

The trolling shit show we read on twitter (and here sometimes) from the ResetEra Discord Group reminds me to a 8am-after, when you know the party is almost over but you dont want to go home :messenger_tears_of_joy:

4FJq1FT.gif

Then, the hangover is comming.

Last edited:

HAL-01

“relationship between disk and VRAM, has to be really tight and think it has to be specific to this architecture"
Inferring again that another architecture will be insufficient to run the demo.
Also since you said I was upset for responding to this quote I guess that means you were equally upset by my response. Right.
I mean if you’re upset about me saying you’re upset, yeah sure
He said specific to this architecture because the demo is talking specifically about ps5, whatever else you’re adding on top or reading into it is only that, you putting your insecure words into his mouth

Praise towards one console does not mean an attack towards the other, as we have to keep reminding people once and again

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I got a a pair os WF-1000XM3's a few weeks back, and although they don't support LDAC, they are a little bit special in that they have full functionality for each bud - rather than relay between Left to right -so it is actually two Bluetooth connections being made.

When using the buds for late night gaming or TV, I set my Sony HT-NT3 (LDAC capable) soundbar to transmit mode - for Bluetooth -and use them with that. Sound quality is fantastic. I would love the over-ears pairs you listed but they would have been for a life before family with kids in all likelihood.

I was thinking about owning them myself, and for the guys not used to Sony's messed up naming scheme, here is the WF-1000XM3 on the right and WH-1000XM3 on the left:

7dfe942f0ef75647ac88fec728de78f0

The WH-1000XM3 has 40mm drivers, and most gaming headsets like PS Platinum/Gold tend to have 50mm. I'm not sure if that means punchier bass on the PS P/G for explosions and so, still waiting and anticipating further reviews when PS5 is out and a new PS headset is out. After the flat-ass bass on A40+mixer, I'm a bit worried about bass. I used crappy headset before with insane bass and gave me better experience overall, although A40+mixer sounds clean overall but mediocre bass.

Personally, I can't see PS5 not supporting LDAC, while Sony could make extra money from their existing products that support the tech, or via 3rd party products as well:

Sony-LDAC.jpg

e2ba9223ff2140424cff10f8714d4ad6.jpg

Last edited:

Dee_Dee

MS is bragging about stuff they know the Series X(Power, BC, RT) is better at and Sony is doing the same for PS5(SSD).
Simple. People just need to accept the fact that there isn’t one system that is better at everything over the other this time.
Will make for a great generation IMO.

Last edited:

yewles1

Yeah I spotted that and tried again but I get the same error. Maybe something to do with my own OneDrive account. Either way the data is there and methodology is in that comment with the link.
It's just funny to me how bad Sony are at marketing, rather than just one sentence in a product launch and then letting some random Rocket League player just stumble upon just how significant it is years later.
The work they'd done on latency should have had a memorable fast sounding buzzword associated with it back in 2012.
After the SF4 PS4 launch incident, NO ONE wanted to hear the words "Sony" and "latency" ever again, a stigma they haven't been able to shake off since.

MS is bragging about stuff they know the Series X(Power, BC, RT) is better at and Sony is doing the same for PS5(SSD).
Simple. People just need to except the fact that there isn’t one system that is better at everything over the other this time.
Hear, hear!

I think this is the first generation where even the CPU jump alone is nuts, never mind the GPU and SSD!

Bo_Hazem

Banned
"Sony president and CEO Kenichiro Yoshida released the hype engines on the PlayStation 5, where he recently said that the PS5 will be "100 times faster" than the PS4. Yoshida hyped the PlayStation 5 up during Sony's recent corporate marketing strategy meeting, where he said that the PS5 is "100 times faster" than the PS4.

Yoshida continued: "In order to further enhance the sense of immersion in games, we expect to improve not just the resolution, but the speed of games. For example, through a custom‐designed high‐speed SSD, we plan to realize game data processing speeds that are approximately 100 times faster than PS4".

He added: "Game load times should be much shorter, and players should be able to move through immense game worlds in almost an instant".

I am waiting for a random Chinese engineer to swoop in and tell Yoshida his "custom-designed high-speed SSD" is found in some laptop, lying around in their office, somewhere.

42lntx.jpg

42lql8.jpg

Last edited:

Ptarmiganx2

People who want to “both sides” are being disingenuous. Clearly one side is investing a 1000% more into spreading fud and belittle the other.

Considering the Xbox brand built its image around “bro dudes”, energy drinks and shooters, it’s hard to be surprised.

Lol I‘m a bro dude/nerd. I guess the nerd won out as I’m big time in Sony’s court. I was angry for a long time after the demise of Sega, but Sony exclusives made me see the light. I’ve owned every system released with the exception of the 3DO. I’ve owned two of every system since the PS3 era (after the then girlfriend now wife played RE4 and became a gamer). Our preferred platform has always been the PlayStation, but we pick up the Xbox coop games. This will likely be the first generation we stick to one platform. We decided to have a kid before we were too old, hence game time is on life support. PS5 will be day one x2, but Xbox will have to stack some serious exclusives to get a second look down the road.

Ptarmiganx2

I am not agree if you are tenneger or just a kid which saw in your favorite gaming website "Tomorrow more details of PS5"
and then you saw that video, I understand the frustration of this people.

I mean if we try to understand something is not the obligation of all people to understand what is a CU (people here just copy paste everything they saw).

But in other hand the people of the media they should at least try understand because is like a website of cars full of people
without an idea of how the engine works.

Sony should be at least show a couple of demos just in order to general people see why Cerny was so excited about the SSD and IO
because yes was a presentation for GDC but they go with everyone to say it please say to your audience to see my presentation.

I believe the UE5 demo was going to be shown at GDC along with Cerny‘s presentation. The pandemic concerns prevented us from seeing what Sony was hoping to achieve. Microsoft had already set the TF narrative, and fans were left thinking Sony only had faster loading times. Now Microsoft is on the defensive saying, “but we have a pretty good storage solution too”. I think Sony’s machine fits their style better with big time story driven games with movie quality assets. The graphics are going to be next level insane and likely better than anything we will see from Microsoft or 3rd parties. Microsoft‘s box will severe their style with shooters and racing games.

LED Guy?

Banned
I just can’t wait to see what Microsoft and Sony have in store for us in June and July.

Well, I’m waiting for Sony especially because:

1. I’m a huge Sony fanboy (according to many people saying this to me).

2. It’s because I know Sony will BLOW US AWAY with their next-gen game showings just like they did it with the Unreal Engine 5 to the point we are talking about it a lot and it making fanboys create fantasies and fake news around it and playing with Executives’ words and all that stuff.

3. We know Sony’s 1st-party games aren’t being held back like Microsoft’s games with the Xbox One, examples: (Halo Infinite, the next Forza game and some others).

4. Xbox Lockhart fucking sucks!! That console is really gonna hold back some of the more ambitious games in next-gen. EXAMPLE: Unreal 5 ran at 1440p 30FPS on PS5 (I know it’s in an unoptimized state, it was working on an old weaker PS5 dev kit and all BUT LET’S SAY THAT THESE ARE FINAL NUMBERS) but that Unreal 5 if it ran on Series X, it’ll be like 1620p 30FPS, you ain’t getting no Native 4K with those Ray Traced billions of polygons and 8K textures on Series X, not even RTX 2080 Ti can run that shit at Native 4K, let alone 60 FPS, that demo was too heavy on the GPU.

Here’s my question, how the heck would you fit that demo on a 4 TF machine with “way less RAM” (according to Jason Schreier’s reporting) and less capable SSD?

Because here’s the thing, the moment developers see Lockhart selling a lot more than Series X, it is the moment where they’ll have to downgrade their baseline graphics themselves (polygons, lighting, textures, modeling, effects etc etc) in order to run those same games at least at 1080p because anything less than 1080p in 2020 and beyond is silly, even 1080p in and of itself is silly at this point, because if that demo ran at 1440p on PS5 (which it was), then that shit would run at 600p-720p or something like that.

You guys know what I’m saying? This is why Lockhart will not hold back gaming, no no, I know it’ll have SSD + CPU of next-gen but I’m saying it’ll INDIRECTLY hold back gaming, the more ambitious games I mean.

I hope it dies and I hope PS5 DESTROYS that piece of shit console!! 🥰🥰🥰❤❤❤🥰🥰🥰❤❤❤

I have written a HUGE COMMENT!! I hope you guys read it! And give me your thoughts, any opinion that’s opposing mine will be ignored and will get the “Triggered 👁👁👁👁👁” reaction!!! 😚😚😚

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

That makes no sense.

There are two reasons to reuse asset.

First ou write the same asset in different part of the HDD to take advantage of the spin of the disc so you can read faster that way.
SSD is basically direct access to any part without need to spin anything.

Second you have slow HDD so you can’t stream fast enough a new asset so you reuse what you have in the RAM.
Again SSD at 5.5GB/s allow you to stream half of the RAM at any time.

Assets won’t be “reused” anymore.
That means the render will use more unique assets and the game data won’t have repeated assets anymore.

DaGwaphics

Because here’s the thing, the moment developers see Lockhart selling a lot more than Series X, it is the moment where they’ll have to downgrade their baseline graphics themselves (polygons, lighting, textures, modeling, effects etc etc) in order to run those same games at least at 1080p because anything less than 1080p in 2020 and beyond is silly, even 1080p in and of itself is silly at this point, because if that demo ran at 1440p on PS5 (which it was), then that shit would run at 600p-720p or something like that.

Or... You could optimize that demo like any competent developer would. You'd be surprised the amount of resources that can be saved by not wasting resources rendering objects at 100yds at maximum quality. LOL

That's just a tech demo, it's not really indicative of much. Unless you like single character walking simulations with no AI and completely static environments.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
These are the two points I find most interesting to think about.
Sony claim the IO speed they’ve put money and die space into can be used in a meaningful way and opens up a new way to design games in the first place.
As gamers it can sound pointlessly excessive—especially if we’re hoping it is—but then the implication of that being true is that after years of talking with Epic and others about future rendering and IO technology for gaming, Sony’s console (which is always a compromised balance) puts IO front and centre, where just throwing in pretty standard NVMe PC spec IO would have been far cheaper and simpler, saving money and die space to pack in way more CUs and get an easy “win” on the TF number.

It’s not enough to just say that it can’t be used in a meaningful way when talking about something as tightly budgeted and integrated as a console. To say it’s excessive is to say Sony massively fucked up and were completely mistaken in their analysis of what is needed.
That’s the bit I find most difficult to just accept, but if true, the most significant story of this entire thing.
There are people here (not necessarily yourself) that seem convinced the faster IO won’t do anything and that NVMe is enough, or more than enough. Why did Sony mistakenly strongly feel otherwise?

On your second point, I think game studios will be very happy if they don’t need to make multiple versions of everything they make, and spend time profiling and tuning LODs if that same time and effort could instead be put into more assets, or more world detail, or even something more ambitious.
The scope of a game isn’t limited by what the developers are able to do, but how much time and money they can commit to a single game. Anything that saves time in an area that doesn’t add anything to the game but just helps it to run and look as they need it to will be time spent on game mechanics and other interesting stuff.
That’s the immediate benefit I can imagine from fast IO being paired with a single source asset made once.

Let's dive again to the Road to PS5, here is why 6 levels of PS5 is way superior compared to NVMe 2 levels:

Timestamped

Here's why NVMe are already outdated, and the expandable SSD WILL NOT BE NVMe! But will use m.2, so no worries about compatibilies as it seems Sony and some other partners are cooking a new m.2 SSD architecture:

Timestamped

I just can’t wait to see what Microsoft and Sony have in store for us in June and July.

Well, I’m waiting for Sony especially because:

1. I’m a huge Sony fanboy (according to many people saying this to me).

2. It’s because I know Sony will BLOW US AWAY with their next-gen game showings just like they did it with the Unreal Engine 5 to the point we are talking about it a lot and it making fanboys create fantasies and fake news around it and playing with Executives’ words and all that stuff.

3. We know Sony’s 1st-party games aren’t being held back like Microsoft’s games with the Xbox One, examples: (Halo Infinite, the next Forza game and some others).

4. Xbox Lockhart fucking sucks!! That console is really gonna hold back some of the more ambitious games in next-gen. EXAMPLE: Unreal 5 ran at 1440p 30FPS on PS5 (I know it’s in an unoptimized state, it was working on an old weaker PS5 dev kit and all BUT LET’S SAY THAT THESE ARE FINAL NUMBERS) but that Unreal 5 if it ran on Series X, it’ll be like 1620p 30FPS, you ain’t getting no Native 4K with those Ray Traced billions of polygons and 8K textures on Series X, not even RTX 2080 Ti can run that shit at Native 4K, let alone 60 FPS, that demo was too heavy on the GPU.

Here’s my question, how the heck would you fit that demo on a 4 TF machine with “way less RAM” (according to Jason Schreier’s reporting) and less capable SSD?

You guys know what I’m saying? This is why Lockhart will not hold back gaming, no no, I know it’ll have SSD + CPU of next-gen but I’m saying it’ll INDIRECTLY hold back gaming, the more ambitious games I mean.

I hope it dies and I hope PS5 DESTROYS that piece of shit console!! 🥰🥰🥰❤❤❤🥰🥰🥰❤❤❤

I have written a HUGE COMMENT!! I hope you guys read it! And give me your thoughts, any opinion that’s opposing mine will be ignored and will get the “Triggered 👁👁👁👁👁” reaction!!! 😚😚😚

it seems like the only thing holding PS5 back is its weaker GPU and CPU and Ram and everything else. Jst look at Godfall and this is the supior pc version. Can't wait to see wait to see the worse version on ps5. But hey that SSD right? Given how the world economy it turning im happy xbox is giving people who don't have as much money an option to get into next gen at a cheper price. I know its pro consumer and I guess sony doesn't want to do that you know. Lets let the games do the talking because right now xbox has sony beat on shown next gen games. Im fan of both consoles but this is bs

Anyway here is an actual ps5 game

HawarMiran

Banned
it seems like the only thing holding PS5 back is its weaker GPU and CPU and Ram and everything else. Jst look at Godfall and this is the supior pc version. Can't wait to see wait to see the worse version on ps5. But hey that SSD right? Given how the world economy it turning im happy xbox is giving people who don't have as much money an option to get into next gen at a cheper price. I know its pro consumer and I guess sony doesn't want to do that you know. Lets let the games do the talking because right now xbox has sony beat on shown next gen games. Im fan of both consoles but this is bs

"because right now xbox has sony beat on shown next gen games ". How do you beat someone that didn't show up yet?

LED Guy?

Banned
Or... You could optimize that demo like any competent developer would. You'd be surprised the amount of resources that can be saved by not wasting resources rendering objects at 100yds at maximum quality. LOL

That's just a tech demo, it's not really indicative of much. Unless you like single character walking simulations with no AI and completely static environments.
Yeah but what I’m saying is you know how developers most of them are kinda lazy when it comes to this stuff, but whatever.

LED Guy?

Banned

Where do I even start with you?! LMAO!!

That’s like saying “Grounded is the showcase of XSX, look how weak XSX is”.

You read what I wrote and YOU KNOW IT IS RIGHT, because I really state the truth, but you don’t like it and you’re proceeding to damage control and defend a company for a console you wouldn’t even get (seeing as how all of us are hardcore gamers around here in these forums), it would only hold back your “most powerful console ever made” even though PS5 will DESTROY XSX in speed!!

Dee_Dee

Hear, hear!

I think this is the first generation where even the CPU jump alone is nuts, never mind the GPU and SSD!
Yea! I’m super excited for this upcoming generation. I’ve never bought two consoles at launch but the more I hear about both the more tempted I become in wanting them ASAP. If both of them deliver in their June/July showings then I’m sold.

yewles1

Yea! I’m super excited for this upcoming generation. I’ve never bought two consoles at launch but the more I hear about both the more tempted I become in wanting them ASAP. If both of them deliver in their June/July showings then I’m sold.
Agreed, this is the leap I wanted, regardless of which console it is. 8th gen was a graphical bust for me, but this gen will satisfy me more.

44alltheway

That's quite interesting. Are they preparing for a new revision of the Platinum headsets that should utilize The Tempest engine complex audio? It's not like the current one isn't compatible, it already supports 3D Audio. Maybe they'll push the bitrate range and make it more responsive and premium as most people say it's near identical to Gold right now.

New-Doc-2020-02-05-20.38.48_1-scaled.jpg

5619302cv14d.jpg

You can replace the pads with aftermarket ones:

d045b48e-9405-4a65-8359-cb52e1ee99bb.jpg

HTB121VMbyjrK1RjSsplq6xHmVXak.jpg

61KtCbXZcgL._AC_SL1181_.jpg

I highly regret buying Astro A40+mixer over it.
I actually just bought these and they should be coming in within the next couple of days!

3liteDragon

Simple. People just need to accept the fact that there isn’t one system that is better at everything over the other this time.
Again, I personally would hold off on coming to any conclusions regarding those features before seeing everything from both sides. All Sony has showed us is the logo, some specs and the controller, that’s LITERALLY it. So I would say wait until the FULL blowout reveal from Sony before we make any judgements.

Just remember this quote from Jim Ryan:

3D audio and the haptic feedback support of the controller are also things that, when you try them, you will be surprised at how big a change they are. Even just playing the racing game Gran Turismo Sport with a PlayStation 5 controller is a completely different experience. While it runs well with the previous controller, there is no going back after you experience the detailed road surface via haptic control and play using the adaptive triggers.

"But you know. There are still more unique elements for PlayStation 5 to come that separate it from previous consoles. The ‘bigger differences’ have yet to be announced.

And this tweet from the former principal software engineer on the PS5:

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
this is just a ps version of the rdx crowd, really shouldn't take stuff like this seriously
I don't know rdx crowd but I just thought it was funny that many of us forgot that the SSD was a prominent part of the SX reveal and recently they have been talking about that less. But I guess it's logical from their point of view since the GPU is their biggest advantage and they want to emphasize that.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I actually just bought these and they should be coming in within the next couple of days!

No worries, they're already supporting Channel 7.1 and 3D audio, so you should be more than happy now and then. You may customize the pads to fabric if you don't like leather, but I prefer leather for better sound sealing and immersion. You can have semi-fabric as well.

Congrats in advance :messenger_winking_tongue: 👍

I feel like I need to lie-down after reading this post 🤦🏽‍♂️

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
More TFLOPS are great, but we've already discussed why simply having more TFLOPS is not a direct answer on what results we will get from Series X vs PS5 at runtime. PS5's architecture is much different to XSX. PS5 is just not running high TFLOPS, it's doing lots to minimize every single bottleneck in the pipeline and it has the fastest SSD. This accounts for many performance gains and advantages that you can't discount against XSX's higher TFLOPS, where the TFLOP divide is already the smallest between consoles ever.

Right now we are using logic, some extrapolation, some rumors to give us an inkling of what we may get out of PS5, it's really not out of left field though as PS5 has some insanely fast parts, likes it's GPU clocks and it's SSD, but on top of the SSD I think it's expensive IO controller will probably be the most important part they put in the console for practical reasons and favorable results for textures, streaming assets and reduced loadtimes. That sort of thing can and will impact how games are made, so there's a reason why we are excited.....We are happy that Series X is in the fray as well, just that we are a bit more familiar with the approach they have taken on hardware......
I think we will be talking less of how impressive that Unreal demo is when we see Sony first party. In as much as the Unreal demo was impressive. Unreal may never take full advantage of the PS5 due to platform agnosticism, they have to ensure this runs on XB1 as well, even though dialed down significantly. So in essence, there will always be a compromise as not to push the PS5's unique advantages as hard as they can. SWWS on the other hand has no such limits. Their mandate and that of ICE is to push the PS5 as hard as they can and you better believe these guys will be taking advantage of the 12 gates in the IO unit and pushing on the 22GB/s via Kraken, they will maximize the efficiencies through the geometry engine to get lots of performance gains, they will push physics and animation like no other, through the CPU being offloaded by the Tempest engine and of course they will push sound like no other because of the equivalence of the Jaguar cores pushing the Tempest engine in PS5......Of course, for the experience itself, people forget the haptic feedback on the controller. Other devs are not going to push it as SWWS will because it's is theirs to show off and sell. Which reminds me, if Insomniac's Resistance teaser is what we think it means, it should be great listening to RFOM's incredible audio again. I can only imagine how much better the sound in GT will be as well.

So the thing about PS5 is that there is lots to be excited for, because all aspects of the hardware is ambitious. Some are excited for what the custom engines will wrought, some are excited by what the devs will do with such hardware, some are excited by the audio engine, some are excited by the SSD, some are excited by the insanely high GPU clocks, some are excited by the experiences they will have with the haptics in the controller, some are excited for the ai, physics and level design they will get when all of this comes together and is utilized. So the excitement comes from a logical place, it comes from a place where PS5 guys know that the first party studios will deliver and what is being pitched and proposed, like they've always done really.

Ha Bethesda, I hope Bethesda just use unreal and be done with it. Heard they were working on their engine though, so hopefully they come good after their last game... Fifa Fifa, for some reason, I think Fifa will look bonkers at 8K.....EA better bring the goods, they have no excuses. I know Battlefield will look amazing, a next gen Mirrors Edge or remakes of the first two will look stunning at 4k-8k.....Yet I want EA to give me a sequel to Dante's Inferno badly and I want them to remake the DeadSpace series. And please, no more 30fps NFS games and for that matter, lets get back to track racing like in Porsche Unleashed, High Stakes etc....

I'm so much excited that we might not need to wait like 7 years like Days Gone, 5 years like God of War. We should get more and more first party games and games should cost less theoretically or the extra cash could make better gaming instead of fighting bottlenecks and working around them! I just wanna see Decima engine evolve to be the Mother of All Engines for SWWS. I hope that Sony Imageworks (Cinema division, Sony Pictures) help more this time around as the PS5 can easily handle massive, uncompressed 8K assets.

SpiderManHomecoming_Imageworks_MOF.jpg

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm so much excited that we might not need to wait like 7 years like Days Gone, 5 years like God of War, we should get more and more first party games and games should cost less theoretically or the extra cash could make better gaming instead of fighting bottlenecks and working around them! I just wanna see Decima engine evolve to be the Mother of All Engines for SWWS. I hope that Sony Imageworks (Cinema division) help more this time around as the PS5 can easily handle massive, uncompressed 8K assets.

Is that a screenshot from Spider-Man 2? 🤭

yewles1

I'm so much excited that we might not need to wait like 7 years like Days Gone, 5 years like God of War. We should get more and more first party games and games should cost less theoretically or the extra cash could make better gaming instead of fighting bottlenecks and working around them! I just wanna see Decima engine evolve to be the Mother of All Engines for SWWS. I hope that Sony Imageworks (Cinema division, Sony Pictures) help more this time around as the PS5 can easily handle massive, uncompressed 8K assets.

Atom View would be a GREAT alternative to Quixel.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Is that a screenshot from Spider-Man 2? 🤭

It's from the latest movie, but could we really differentiate going forward? When PS5 can crunch 20 million polygons for 4.2 million pixels (1440p) (around 4.7 polygons per pixel! It's insanity!) PER FRAME!!! Or even optimize that to have 8.5 million polygons for 8.5 million pixels (4K) per frame, easy. You'll never need ancient gimmicks like VRS, anti-aliasing, LOD's as you've passed that retard level. Now we understand why Mark Cerny didn't even bother mentioning VRS, as it's actually a downgrade to graphics that can be pretty visible like the latest demo running on that $5,500 Nvidia RTX 8000. Even DLSS sounds like a gimmick now.

Just a reminder:

Last edited:

HAL-01

I feel it in my bones that coming June we will see a Spider-Man real time demo using assets from the movies, the same way we did back at the ps3 reveal

BwANVhI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom