• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barakov

Gold Member
A new Dead Space or a successor? Fuck yeah.

I think tomorrow only, all of us should have Amanda Cerny avatars.

WHO'S WITH ME?!?!

qmmjjbD.jpg

Delpij

That is NUTS! I haven't played the Yakuza games.....now I'm pretty sure I made the correct decision! :)

Missing out on one of the greatest series ever made but hey, to each their own I guess.
It does require some (weird?) appreciation for Japanese humor.

Would be a crime to change that Golgo greatness you've got going on.

Last edited:
Okay so I've been reading people's comments about what game could Antony Johnston be talking about. It's implied that it might be a horror game and some have speculated that he might be working on RE 8 which could make sense but I'm still hoping for something Dead Space related, but we'll see. Also imagine if we had Silent Hill, Resident Evil and another big horror game on the same event! that's too good to be true so I want to temper my expectations.

kebaldo

Okay so I've been reading people's comments about what game could Antony Johnston be talking about. It's implied that it might be a horror game and some have speculated that he might be working on RE 8 which could make sense but I'm still hoping for something Dead Space related, but we'll see. Also imagine if we had Silent Hill, Resident Evil and another big horror game on the same event! that's too good to be true so I want to temper my expectations.
That's too much of the "same thing"... for me it's improbable that Sony presents 3 big AAA game with the same genre.

Please no nukes.
Please no earthquakes.
Please no Meteors.
Please no Aliens.

I just need 2020 to keep it together for 2 days.
What a strange year lol

Last edited:
Just like how Esram helped Xbox mitigate the GDDR5 advantage of the PS4. Oh wait...

The bandwidth disparity was too large, but that hardly means that the cache did not help the system, especially for tasks that were well suited to the architecture.

The PS5’s coherent cache will help the system perform much more efficiently, allowing it to get closer to its theoretical performance under real world workloads. These features need to be considered within the proper context.

ToadMan

can someone simplify this for us dummies? thank you lol

How do you make your car faster?

1 way put in a more powerful engine.

Other way, make your car lighter.

Pros/con
More powerful engine needs all the components around it upgraded to extract the power. Better brakes, suspension, gear ratios, gearbox, fuel system and air system. Without all that, the engine upgrade translates to modest improvements.

Make your car lighter - the car is faster because the power to weight ratio is greater. The brakes work better, the suspension is better, the gear ratios probably need to be adjusted but the gearbox itself is up to the job, the fuel flow and air flow are all already a fit for the engine.
In addition to better power to weight ratio, a lighter car can brake later, is faster through the corner and accelerate out better - performance is improved in all regimes.

That’s the argument he’s making about PS5 - remove bottlenecks and increase clocks and everything gets a boost not just the tflop (horsepower) number.

I'm tired of Playstation Now's UI, so I decided to make my own. I hope we get news about PSNOW before PS5 launch.

*EDIT*For some reason I can't upload the image?

Last edited:

ToadMan

I read your posts with Trump's voice. not sure i'm crazy or what but that is what it is.

source.gif

Well that’s absolutely terrific, you’re a fine American I gotta tell you..... and everyone .... should read my words as if your president is speaking .... it’s really the only way to stop... to really halt the the fake news it really is the only ... real way to avoid fake news and the Mainstream media.

Now I’m typing in his voice lol

If you haven’t seen this have a listen - it’s a pretty good impression.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom