• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiophile

The box is futuristic, cool, interesting and yet the most non-iconic, indistinct design I've seen in a console... I really don't like it, that's not an image that's gonna stick with people through the ages like a PS1,2,3, even 4...

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

xWZMNYm.5.png

So far, Sony did a better job showing games, but the same as Microsoft, nothing made me want their new console. I also can't pretend to like the console's design; hopefully the press information will at least confirm it can sit horizontally.

Nickolaidas

Okay, I have to go to sleep in a few minutes, but that was awesome. Aside from a point near the end of the second half of the reveal where they overdid it with the indie / kiddie games, I loved what I saw.

RE8 is cross-gen and it shows, but I'm pretty sure it'll look much better and smoother in 4K/60 fps. Looks like Morales is a spin-off rather than a true sequel, Horizon 2 is A-FUCKING-MAZING, Demon's Souls look freaking awesome, Godfall is Day one alongside the console and HOLY-SHIT, Ratchet stole the show, probably the best use of the PS5's SSD from all the games I saw.

I give the reveal a 9 out of 10 for pacing issues near the 2/3 of the showing.

icerock

Based on what was teased, I'm little under-whelmed. I feel largely due to the fact that all the mega tons were shoved in the beginning and end. With way too many indies scrammed in between. Ratchet, Project Agathia, Kera, Demon Souls and especially Horizon II looked next-gen. Not sure what to make of Spider-Man Miles, and GT7, their predecessors already look so pretty. I didn't see a jump personally.

Need some time to digest the PS5 design too, it looks futuristic as fuck but still a great departure from what they have built.

kebaldo

I have so many mixed emotions going on right now... I don't now... a part of me is screaming 3/10... a part 8/10!... I don't know...

SSfox

GT7 REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR!!!, Demon Souls UMBASAAAAAAAAAAAA, Horizon 2 OMFGGGGGGGGGG, Ratchet Holy SHIET wow (could be the game that shows SSD power the most, i think). New Spiderman (Peter Parker is DA BEST, but still gonna be a very good game)

SE game nice, definitely will follow that.

2 or 3 indies that looked great but forgot the names.

Console design looks sexy AF, tho i think i'm getting it in Full Black, cause even sexier.

I wish there is a glimps of FF7 part 2 (even tho i know it's not coming soon), but great show. Seems Sony wanted to focus on close release games mostly.

Could forgot to name some games, but that's that for now and my overall first impressions.

HYYYYYPE!!!!

eddie-murphy-e1570181537111-758x642.jpg

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Great to see Oddworld again. Spiderman and Horizon were in fine form as expected. Honestly, the event was just meh for me, I'm surprised they didn't have more to show.

The console itself is the ugliest thing I've ever seen, praying for an all black version just so that it fades away a bit (likely to be an unpopular position).

6.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom