• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Phil Spencer must be quaking in his boots lol. Remember how many times i said a lot of next gen games will look like current gen games at higher rez?, well now you see it.
So true. Have been saying that too. 9-12TF is only enough to go up to 4K native. It leaves little to no room to actually significantly improve anything else. The raytracing will work off a separate chip from th actual Gpu. The SSD will increase loading speeds....16GB ram is pathetic.

It really does look like higher res PS4 games.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
All the trailers have been uploaded in 4K

I personally rate it as 9/10 10/10. The design is just insane, never thought it would be this sleak! Many interesting games there, with some don't seem to be fully next-gen. Kena is a wonderful game and the prime one is Horizon Forbidden West.

Thank you Sony. :messenger_heart:

Last edited:

Md Ray

Sorry, low-res because of stream.
ZbGRfgr.png
Eagerly waiting for the teardown of this! How big is it gonna be and how loud is it gonna be? 🤔
I know Cerny'd acknowledged that they haven't always done the best job at cooling the consoles... I'm hoping that they've significantly reduced the noise levels when the fan ramps up inside this thing.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
I'm loving it.

Design? Sleek, beautiful, will fit perfectly in my living room, right next to my TV
Games? Ratchet and clank showing the power of the SSD
HZD? Loving the haters saying there's no gameplay, where there is tons of gameplay in the video.

So much salt
I swear some people on here are coming up with the dumbest complaints and criticisms, I think I'm losing braincells lol

Corndog

Banned

I personally rate it as 9/10. The design is just insane, never thought it would be this sleak! Many interesting games there, with some don't seem to be fully next-gen. Kena is a wonderful game and the prime one is Horizon Forbidden West.

Come on. Why not a 10. I know you loved all those Indy and multi platform games.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
That thing is a monstrosity. I'll wait for the PS5 Slim which hopefully looks more sane. That won't be a difficult wait when the only games I really want to play are Horizon 2 + Demons Souls.

Xbox it is for me this year.

You read the comments "oh my god, love the design, rate the show 9/10" and you don't even need to read the names.

That show was not a 9/10. Three hits on games. The rest looked good but few screamed next gen. 7/10 for me.
How much game play of the heavy hitters to end the show? One was all cgi the other half cut scenes if it was Microsoft the board would tear em up.
Very true.

But the board knows.

Last edited:

archy121

I personally rate it as 9/10. The design is just insane, never thought it would be this sleak! Many interesting games there, with some don't seem to be fully next-gen. Kena is a wonderful game and the prime one is Horizon Forbidden West.

Just hope they do a more conservative version in all black

ZeroFool

Ok -- I have to do it - going to nitpick the not finished version of GT7 - but I saw shadows popping in, signs, trees. (you know I am a racing snob... I warned you in advance, don't get me started on Forza complaints) Also the darn YouTube compression!!

Also going to nitpick lots of possible in-engine cutscene graphics and not enough gameplay. I say in-engine because I doubt that was CGI because it is time for in-engine to be fine for creating story segments and cutscenes. I did notice a difference between the knack cut-scenes and the gameplay, but still early enough days.

/end of nitpicking

Pros: Gameplay I did see looked amazing even with the crappy compression. I will wait on proper 4k trailers and screenshots to droll more. Horizon underwater was sexy!

Along with a trolling LOL to those that said HZD2 would be shown, I think they renamed it just to mess with everyone! :)

Console design looks good, but I want one in blue or black please???

Edit: I wanted all gameplay, so my complaint is not a lack of gameplay. ;)

Last edited:
Well, the biggest game is Horizon Forbidden West, the rest are small but very interesting, but not hard hitters. Very nice start.

Having one of GoW, Uncharted, Days Gone, and other first party big games would've sealed the 10.

I personally have preferred fewer games with more time for gameplay stuff. But I guess Sony has to accommodate for the little devs as well.

There will be time for more showing I guess. Horizon Forbidden West better have a flying robot machine that you can ride.

xPikYx

Tell you what. UE5 won't be ready till late 2021. So say many third party devs adopting and start making games based on it early 2022. So their games won't be ready till 2023-2024 I think.

Sooo... If you can, wait til 2024 to get the console so you can be wowed then ;)
Sure problem is I don't believe these console are capable of running that at real time now

Ptarmiganx2

I’m not ready to say we have reached the point of diminishing returns on graphics just yet. We see this at the start of every generation. We haven’t seen Santa Monica, Sucker Punch, or Naughty Dog games yet. They have mastered the last generation of hardware we will need a few years before they start maxing the PS5 streaming process. HZD2 looks damn good in 4k, but I was most impressed with Ratchet. It’s the title that really highlighted the PS5 hardware. I don’t think any other hardware is capable of those transitions, especially the frequency. I’m still praying for a Resistance Remake and a sequel to the Order 1886.

Vroadstar

I'm loving it.

Design? Sleek, beautiful, will fit perfectly in my living room, right next to my TV
Games? Ratchet and clank showing the power of the SSD
HZD? Loving the haters saying there's no gameplay, where there is tons of gameplay in the video.

So much salt

Indeed, indeed..Do you happen to know where to buy a truckload of salt? I heard it will be in short supply the next few weeks. Wanna take advantage

TheAssist

Jeez some people must have had their expectations a bit too high o_O.

That was an amazing show. The best console reveal I have ever seen. And I watched the last few console reveals before this one (Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360).

No tech demos, no tech or marketing talk, just games and the console reveal.

Oh bo ho you dont like every game because guess what they also make games for kids. Like they have always done. Because thats a big and important market. Stop whining about it. Those games dont take away your precious Demon Souls.

Anyway, if people where realistic and even compare it to the PS4 reveal they would (probably) at bit more positive or less trolly. Cant remember if a console reveal ever had that many (totally different kinds of) games. Sure some is is cross gen and cross platform, but thats a given.
They had some great indy games, that little devil game looked especially awesome. Horizon and R&C were mindbogglingly beautiful, there was some secret stuff like the Square Enix new exclusive IP. GT7 looked amazing as ever. Some interesting new IP's (cant remember the names, but for example that housmarque game and the other one were they are standing on the moon).
I mean, I really dont know what people want even more. Yeah sure sucks if the game you were waiting for didnt show, but its quite normal that there is only a few actual new games during a console launch. Absolutely nothing new at all, but people are either too young or too ignorant to remember.

Also I like the console design. Sue me.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I personally have preferred fewer games with more time for gameplay stuff. But I guess Sony has to accommodate for the little devs as well.

There will be time for more showing I guess. Horizon Forbidden West better have a flying robot machine that you can ride.

That Destruction AllStars gonna be the next big thing! Like Rocket League and Fortnite.

Last edited:
Ratchet and clank 👍🏻

Horizon, 👍🏻

That Arkane game and Ghostwire were shit💩💩

The new Housmarque game doesn't look promising 🍑🍑

Resident Evil Village was shit💩💩

That square Enix game seems good, abd hopefully not a vaporware. If the game does not have a final title, then that's a warning.

Grodiak

Guys. You’ll fit it in the shelf. Why does it matter how a console look? XSX or PS5?

Kind of agree. I mean -have to admit, I have never looked at a single console of any brand and thought "man, yeah that's it". I always think they are off for whatever reason and then forget about it soon after. Also, have it tucked away not visible in my living room anyway so... kind of moot (for me!).

That all being said. Not at all what I expected it to look like :messenger_grinning_squinting: No V - or anything. It really does look quite a bit like a router. Which, again, I'm indifferent about :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom