• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man this was not good... I swear Killzone Shadowfall looked if not better, at least as good as anything we saw from Halo Infinite today. I'm not a big fan of Xbox 1st party games in general, but after the constant blowing of Halo's dick for months and months, I was at least expecting some graphically impressive shit to wow me. The pop-in textures were staggering. They had months to prepare a vertical slice of the game and really focus on the quality bits and somehow this trailer passed through all checks.

Let's not go much further really... just looking at the UE5 demo and the LoD on every asset and putting it side by side with what we've seen from Halo today... yikes!

I'm honestly wondering how Xbox fans truly felt about this show...

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
hRmo4It.png

IkarugaDE

With all seriousness, I'm slowly starting to believe that Microsoft simply has nothing better to show and that's why they deliver such strange shows. How else can it be explained that we still haven't seen any real gameplay and still don't know any real must have titles? I'm really serious that I'm sorry for the people who were really looking forward to the Series X. After all this PR shit "most powerful console" and supposedly cool games, almost every Xbox fan must feel completely screwed now.

Last edited:

jose4gg

With all seriousness, I'm slowly starting to believe that Microsoft simply has nothing better to show and that's why they deliver such strange shows. How else can it be explained that we still haven't seen any real gameplay and still don't know any real must have titles? I'm really serious that I'm sorry for the people who were really looking forward to the Series X. After all this PR shit "most powerful consoles" and supposedly cool games, almost every Xbox fan must feel completely screwed now.

Their best studios for me are the people behind hellblade, and the new studios that has Sony veterans, those studios are still trying to make something good and at some point they will show things really interesting...

343 SHOULD BE SUED...

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member

Keep the memes flowing!

But it will be 120FPS! :messenger_winking_tongue:

Just kidding guys. Seriously, MS showed well. They are operating under a different philosophy now. As far as games you also have to remember they got rid of most of their development studios and then changed tactics only about what...a year or two ago and started acquiring again? Going to take some time to spin those teams up to the point where they can deliver games.

ToadMan

Yeah I play for the gameplay not the graphics. I don't expect that from Halo at all. If they push for native 4K, running at 60fps, available on Xbox One, it won't look as good as the new HZD. Don't understand why people would expect that.

The only people expecting that in this thread were people in the Xbox army.

When others pointed out that Xsex and PS5 were equal powered, and that games wouldn’t be noticeably different, they were told by some that we were deluded, deferring to special sauce or underestimating fixed clocks, memory bandwidth and XVA.

Yet it turns out that despite all that noise, the simple maths thought experiments proved right.

I think the shock is mainly how bad Halo looked. But, for an xb1 game, it’s looks ok. Not great. Ok.

And surprise surprise a game that’s been in development for near 5 years targeting last gen looks last gen.

That is the point a lot of people made here - cross gen games will be dragged to the lowest common denominator.

The people who thought that a game could scale without compromise across gens came from the Xbox army.

Last edited:

Rudius

Is okay to desire something but in this case I need to defend Xbox, you can make your trees, grass, cloth with better physics but man
sometimes is not worth it, this is so stupid heavy specially the clothes that the devs use many tricks to simulate something close and they
need to be sure they put that physics properties in the elemen you probably will interact but you cannot go a make all realistic because
in any moment you will drop the framerate in a very easy way.

Doesn't matter how strong is your hardware any AA or AAA need to considered how much X thing will affect the performance and usually
you prefer use things which improve the gameplay, remember the gameplay is the king not the physics, not framerate, not the resolution
not even the graphics quality and as Halo Infinite runs to 60 fps you need to be even more careful you only have 16.6 milliseconds to have
everything ready for the next frame.

If the AI was improved in exchange of more reactive world I will prefered and also the anchor of Xbox one looks like is too much.
The Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima have more interaction and movement on the environment and they run on ancient PS4 hardware.

Tiago07

Something good to point is the reach and the audience.

In Twitch we had 250 thousand of people watching.
I watched the PS5 event in Twitch too and we had 1 million to 2 million of people on live.

The YouTube live in another languages is now with a max of 300 thousand of views and min with 3,3 thousand, but the majority didn't reach the 100k of views.

And I know its not a fair comparision but all of Sony lives are in the 1 million of views level and the English live have 13M of views ! That's now compare to Xbox 300k of views.

Yep Microsoft need to do their job better.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I said it gents, You cannot have a good AAA single player games on Game Pass. It just does not make sense business wise.

Most of us have said (look at post history over a year) tht what Microsoft will do will create more mid tier AA games to put on gamepass bcus thy are not making those huge sales on software no more. Fans said hell no Halo is coming 😂😂there goes your gamepass Halo along with recor, Sea of THIEVES, State of Decay, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom