• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodkrake

Banned
Your lying to yourself. Sony showcase showed Gt gameplay with Ray tracing, Ratchet had tons of gameplay ray tracing and looked truly next Gen, Horizon although ppl don't believe it showed snippets of gameplay, Spiderman had gameplay. Lbp game gameplay. Sony had way more gameplay, ray tracing and ganes tht looked next gen.

Bro just because some of you keep repeating lies and propaganda as damage control it doesn't change reality. Sony has spanked them again, shit Microsoft does tht themselves. Halo looked awful and was supposedly running on pc if you see what the outlets are saying 👌💯👀

Please read my post again.

These memes are giving me such a laugh after a hard day at work.

This has been an interesting day, firing off back and forth at my best friend about how disappointing it seemed.

I'm sure Covid-19 had an effect on numerous game development cycles, but it's *Halo*.

This game has millions riding on it, but you couldn't muster visuals or a sense of excitement anywhere near even Halo 4, which was on Xbox 360 if I'm not mistaken.

Fable was very briefly shown, which means it is at least 2 years away. Forza isn't a launch title. What do you have to offer *at launch* besides those aspiring technical specs I've yet to see capitalized on?

Game Pass is great, but not enough.

It's interesting to look back at all of our speculation, such as "Why is Sony so quiet? What is going on?".

Perchance it is because they knew all along that Microsoft wasn't going to deliver as they said they would. Often talking the talk, Sony banked on when they had to do the walking, they'd be found wanting.

Sony believes in generations, which is why Ghosts of Tsushima effectively ended the PS4 saga. It is onward to PS5, where current generation games can still be enjoyed, possibly with enhancements. But otherwise, current generation should be, as Rocky said "...in the back...in the past."

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
They are lying to themselves Sony showcase showed Gt gameplay with Ray tracing, Ratchet had tons of gameplay ray tracing and looked truly next Gen, Horizon although ppl don't believe it showed snippets of gameplay, Spiderman had gameplay. Lbp game gameplay. Sony had way more gameplay, ray tracing and ganes tht looked next gen.

Bro let them keep repeating lies and propaganda as damage control it doesn't change reality. Sony has spanked them again, shit Microsoft does tht themselves. Halo looked awful and was supposedly running on pc if you see what the outlets are saying 👌💯👀

What's even funnier is that I'm confident that 100% of what Sony showed will be released by the end of 2021

The crap that Microsoft showed is lucky to get released by 2022 (other than Halo).

Microsoft blew their long-term load and it ended up not exciting anyone. I guess they have the Initiative and the Coalition whenever they're ready to announce something, but Sony has games from Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Bend Studio, Media Molecule, Sucker Punch, Guerrilla Games 2nd team, KojiPro, Studio Japan, new San Diego Studio, etc....all left to announce projects.

It means that NEXT YEAR's E3 showcase for Microsoft will probably be a disaster. Maybe we FINALLY get gameplay glimpses of Fable and a short ass tease from the Initiative??

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
What's even funnier is that I'm confident that 100% of what Sony showed will be released by the end of 2021

The crap that Microsoft showed is lucky to get released by 2022 (other than Halo).

Microsoft blew their long-term load and it ended up not exciting anyone. I guess they have the Initiative and the Coalition whenever they're ready to announce something, but Sony has games from Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Bend Studio, Media Molecule, Sucker Punch, Guerrilla Games 2nd team, new San Diego Studio, etc....all left to announce projects.

It means that NEXT YEAR's E3 showcase for Microsoft will probably be a disaster. Maybe we FINALLY get gameplay glimpses of Fable and a short ass tease from the Initiative??

Sony were smart to make two to three teams within their established ones like Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, San Diego, Guerilla etc they all have at least two teams within tht company, it allows them to continuously release quality games without losing momentum. Plus thy just created tht other new studio in Santa Monica thts small but will be used.

Last edited:

J_Gamer.exe

khsFAx9.jpg

Your taking the Mickey....

icerock

New FUD is out, fresh out of discord.

It goes like this:

"This show was bad, but Sony's was worse, as it didn't show any gameplay. At least we got to see gameplay"

That's all. It's already I'm several topics here.

Not even surprised 😂

I’m still critical of Sony showing very little gameplay in their keynote but at least their stuff was running on an actual PS5 dev-kit. I could notice some flaws in rendering which meant everything was real.

On the flip side, can anyone on here find a single new title which is running on a Series X dev-kit? They are all plastered with “representative of expected Series X experience”. We’ve no idea how these games look like on actual hardware, it remains in a state of flux.

Honestly I don't think the event was bad, it just didn't live up to the hype. But Microsoft will have another chance on august to make everyone excited about their console and as they say, third is the charm!

Gamernyc78

Banned
Hope he isn't right, we won't be seeing such trailer anytime soon after today's showcase.

He is right. Right before the Sony presentation, day before few tweets went around saying "tomorrow's going to be a big day for Cory meaning day of presentation" we never saw or heard from him though. If you watch presentation something was cut out and Demon Souls was suppose to close the show based on what Shu said during the presentation (like a closing statement) but Instead we saw few more games. Last minute edits definitely were done.

This trailer is in the holster in case anything comes close but it won't lol Horizon on its own has everything covered and Ratchet 😁

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Digital Foundry you bastards, where is my post-event analysis?

I’m refreshing every 10 mins to see if its gone up. Anybody know how long it took for PS5 video from the event?
they are based out of England and John lives in Germany so maybe another hour behind. they will probably have a video out by tomorrow. iirc, it took them a day to do the PS5 reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom