• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kretos

Banned

SpectacularSadAddax-size_restricted.gif

Nowcry

Microsoft conference just cost to us 50 $ / € / £ to all. Its a crazy Joke.

If Microsoft were not so arrogant with the power and they were not engaged in making negative publicity for PS5 every time they say something, MS would not be the joke for the next few months.

I suppose one gathers what he sows.

3liteDragon

She didn't like the show but remembered that she tweeted for PS5 so this tweet had to be made. 😂
Her heart wasn't there, you can tell by the lack of emoticons. (Sorry) :3...
No I just find it funny cause she says she loved seeing RDNA 2 and Ryzen in action during the showcase, but all the footage they showed today wasn’t even running on the Series X lol.

Last edited:

icerock

It’s ok guys, the game is free on gamepass,, GAMEpass, GAMEPASS!

Hah, if only! I don't know if many have noticed but MS have removed the XBL Gold membership, so they are already trying to force the transition to XGS Ultimate. xCloud is bundled in for a reason, and it's going to be for the forseeable future until enough users are hooked in. After which they can gradually raise the price over time, it won't be $1 deal all along, or $15 for month of XGS Ultimate. Another thing to keep in mind is that F2P games with MP require XBL Gold, so a large population playing Fortnite, Apex Legends, Warzone etc. will eventual convert to GP subs overtime.

This approach is also telling in the game designs. 343 have just confirmed that Halo is supposed to be a platform for the next 10 years. Fable RPG is a supposedly MMO lite. Similar rumors were also floated about Perfect Dark game. The latest Forza Motosport which they teased today also didn't have a number. So, they're already laying the groundwork for the future. Most of their big tentpole franchises will evolve in GaaS model. That's how you keep the subs locked in every month, and by removing XBL Gold you'll eventually entice the F2P users to dip their feet into games offered on the service. Pretty ingenious if you ask me. I just don't prefer because long-term implications would be brutal. I already hate having to pay for half a dozen services to get my TV/Movie fix.

ErRor88

Man the meme's are vicious in here...

Hellblade - They should have showed more. That snipped made no sense.
Halo - As a halo fan, that game needs another year to cook as 2020 was a wash. They showed have just waited.
Forza - If that in-engine trailer translates to the actual game. It's the best looking racing game period.
Everwild, SOD 3, Fable - I need more details on these as they look promising.
Everything else was ok.

Overall I give MS presentation a solid 7.5/10. They could have had more gameplay to round it out more. Having the most powerful console means nothing if you can show why it's the most powerful.

Gamernyc78

Banned
sales numbers say other wise

Btw what very successful mp game has Xbox made this gen? All the very successful fps games have been either ftp or by third parties. Gears came and went, you don't hear much about it anymore. Sea of Thieves? Bleeding edge, nahhhh none of them. Xbox isn't even known for tht anymore Sony had just as many games with multiplayer like uncharted, Killzone, tlou, Dreams, all with online, multiplayer components ppl still play. Shit Uncharted 4 mp still has a core following.

Welp I just finished watching the Xbox showcase and I rate it....

L-Oh-Fucking-L / 10

Holeeeeey sheeeeit are things going bad at MS 1st party studios... I called it before, low expectations and they blew them out of the water in the negative.

I had the slightest semblance of hope for Halo, the slightest semblance of hope for 1 good display of 12 TF graphics kong meme shit... but instead... Yikes.

I think MS is done in the console space. They are a streaming service for pcs going forward.

farmerboy

It’s ok guys, the game is free on gamepass,, GAMEpass, GAMEPASS!

Supporting this bankrupt model, it was inevitable. Yes, it’s good for your little kids, not proper gamer enthusiasts.

Its probably not the time now, as everyone is just dumping on MS for now, but in time we need to have a solid discussion around Gamepass and its future.

No doubting its a bargain, but what is being sacrificed to provide this bargain?

I fear a situation similar to mobile, where a lot of stuff becomes disposable and monetised in questionable ways. Thats not really going to elevate games, is it?

Great Hair

Banned

The article is in French but they basically said it was the PC version that we saw. Sorry about the link being messed up. Google translate was really screwing things up.

1DwzE6d.png

Tiago07

Are they using SFS? That's supposed to help with texture streaming if I'm not mistaken. If they are using SFS then I don't understand why they are having those issues.
The guys here are saying that was a PC build that show what to expect from XSX.

So maybe they are using DX12 features like the SFS and DirectStorage.
But not the decompressor system probably (but can have something similar in that PC so who knows...)

But I disagree with you, the SFS is a system that reduces the texture quality by the distance in render. So probably will have more issues because of that reduction than a help to render these textures.
I mean we maybe have issues like texture quality pop-in, like we saw is some gifs and screenshots here of Halo Infinite.

But this is only my thought, I really don't know much about it.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
i wonder if it really was running on pc tho...

either way it looked like ass

I've been fighting with this thought since it looked so meh. Given their history though thts something thy always do for many gens. I remember last Gen when one of the E3 ppl pulled off the Microsoft kiosk table running games and it was all pc's lol it was all over the internet.

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Hah, if only! I don't know if many have noticed but MS have removed the XBL Gold membership, so they are already trying to force the transition to XGS Ultimate. xCloud is bundled in for a reason, and it's going to be for the forseeable future until enough users are hooked in. After which they can gradually raise the price over time, it won't be $1 deal all along, or $15 for month of XGS Ultimate. Another thing to keep in mind is that F2P games with MP require XBL Gold, so a large population playing Fortnite, Apex Legends, Warzone etc. will eventual convert to GP subs overtime.

This approach is also telling in the game designs. 343 have just confirmed that Halo is supposed to be a platform for the next 10 years. Fable RPG is a supposedly MMO lite. Similar rumors were also floated about Perfect Dark game. The latest Forza Motosport which they teased today also didn't have a number. So, they're already laying the groundwork for the future. Most of their big tentpole franchises will evolve in GaaS model. That's how you keep the subs locked in every month, and by removing XBL Gold you'll eventually entice the F2P users to dip their feet into games offered on the service. Pretty ingenious if you ask me. I just don't prefer because long-term implications would be brutal. I already hate having to pay for half a dozen services to get my TV/Movie fix.

I'll gladly pay $60 for an amazing AAAA experience like TLOU2 or Ghost of Tsushima instead of being hoodwinked into buying garbage for what seems like a "deal".

Hope Sony never tries to chase this bullshit and it fails spectacularly for Spencer. Really don't like the guy after today.

Gamernyc78

Banned
New FUD is out, fresh out of discord.

It goes like this:

"This show was bad, but Sony's was worse, as it didn't show any gameplay. At least we got to see gameplay"

That's all. It's already I'm several topics here.

They are lying to themselves Sony showcase showed Gt gameplay with Ray tracing, Ratchet had tons of gameplay ray tracing and looked truly next Gen, Horizon although ppl don't believe it showed snippets of gameplay, Spiderman had gameplay. Lbp game gameplay. Sony had way more gameplay, ray tracing and games tht looked next gen.

Bro let them keep repeating lies and propaganda as damage control it doesn't change reality. Sony has spanked them again, shit Microsoft does tht themselves. Halo looked awful and was supposedly running on pc if you see what the outlets are saying 👌💯👀

Last edited:

Dodkrake

Banned
What gameplay? Halo and The Medium? Both look bad for different reasons (The Medium with shitty Resident Evil PSone turning animations).

Hey, I'm just selling the fish as I've seen 3 or 4 separate users selling it. This is the new agenda. I'm thinking it's a middle of the road one, and predict some sort of hardcore resurgence of "all ps5 videos were cutscenes (already being deployed) + the ps5 is RDNA 1" sometime tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom