• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordiemp

Cutscenes bro? Did we forget HB2?

I agree, sony just cant compete

5EO25Cq.jpg

Nowcry

Why is this thread hijacked by Sony fanboys? It's literally nothing but sony fanboys in here bashing Xbox and praising anything Sony.

No one here is attacking Xbox, actually it is not necessary, Xbox is so confused that it hurt itself.

Here we have only talked about technical problems and that for now we do not think it is a hardware thing, although it is worrying that we have not seen anything running on SX.

But in general except Craig that you should get used to it for the next 7 years, otherwise there are quite good technological talks here.

On the other hand, MS has been too arrogant making negative publicity about PS5 every time it has had the opportunity, and MS fanboys have been here for 2 years to trolling instead of having technology talks, what is happening now is that they do not have artillery generated by MS or its Discord FUD Channel Clan to come here to drop it.

Because of this Karma has hit them hard, I am not happy about it since I am also a PC player and wanted good games on PC, however I am already getting the idea of AA mini games or repetitive games as a service to sell the GamePass is all we will get out of here unfortunately. I'd be delighted to be wrong.

But if you want to have a technological chat with respect, this is the place.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
You mean that PC game? Good for PC gamers, it's a simulator not a real game though, good for academic studying and so. Most likely you need to be professionally skilled to even fly one plane. So far, not announced on Xbox Series X. Did any game even play on Xbox Series X? No game officially runs so far as far as we know besides that minecraft demo, Gears 5, State of Decay 2, Ori and current Forza.

We talking bout flight simulator? Oh laawwd thts the next savior like I predicted smh. It was shown on a high end pc, its based on your connection and its a simulator. Come on ppl let's do better smh. Thts going to be all over the place, BTW let's talk about real games lol

Last edited:
I agree, sony just cant compete

5EO25Cq.jpg

Pretty sad when all you fanboys run on is a cross gen game built primarily for a 1.2tf machine thats been ported to XSX with untouched XB1 assets. Majority of multiplats will play best on XSX. Hellblade2, Fable, Avowed,Forza, Everwild, The Coalitions new game, The Initiatives new game etc will be taking full advantage of the most powerful next gen console with no cross gen holding them back. Enjoy the meme's while you can.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Why is this thread hijacked by Sony fanboys? It's literally nothing but sony fanboys in here bashing Xbox and praising anything Sony.
You all left after the Xbox conference. Of course this thread was going to turn all incestuous with Sony fans jerking each other off. And i won't lie, it's been fun.

Next time don't go into hiding just because your team dropped the ball.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Pretty sad when all you fanboys run on is a cross gen game built primarily for a 1.2tf machine thats been ported to XSX with untouched XB1 assets. Majority of multiplats will play best on XSX. Hellblade2, Fable, Avowed,Forza, Everwild, The Coalitions new game, The Initiatives new game etc will be taking full advantage of the most powerful next gen console with no cross gen holding them back. Enjoy the meme's while you can.

Stop spreading lies, it's built from the ground up to take full advantage of Xbox Series X, you don't know better than the studio itself:

Campaign gameplay from Halo Infinite opened the presentation, with the game dropping this holiday season. Chris Lee, studio head at Halo developer 343 Industries, declared it "the most ambitious campaign that we’ve ever created at 343" and said that the game is "built from the ground up to take full advantage of Xbox Series X" capabilities, which includes 60 frames per second.

And it's not even native 4K, but up to 4K according to official xbox channel on youtube. So expect a resolution downgrade with the RT patch.

Last edited:
Flight Simulator looks great. But you know... it’s a flight simulator. Nothing happens in the game.

But it does look great and it’s an impressive tech showcase.

No joke, shit was biblical. Exodus like. Probably in some meta thread complaining.

I mean, Death Stranding is basically a walking simulator with not much going on in a barren waseteland.

MastaKiiLA

I finally watched the DF analysis of the Horizon PS5 trailer, and I honestly don't sense a great deal of bias involved. I know it's the unpopular view, particularly for someone only getting a PS5, but I feel like he comes off very impressed by the demo. All the zooms and stuff are to highlight details that impressed him. Yes, he skipped some of these nitpicks with Halo, but that was a game he panned visually. We didn't need to zoom in to know that game looked disappointing, and he didn't use the HFW analysis to slight the game, only praise it.

Again, as a person who's unfamiliar with DF's history, I don't bring any former bias into the equation. I can only judge based on what I'm seeing and hearing in the videos I see now. Based on a handful of videos of PS5 and XSX conferences and key games, I don't have any issue. Could he have been more brutal with Halo? Yes. Would it have served an important purpose? Honestly? No. We can see its shortcomings very clearly. He gave context to where those shortcomings are present IMO. I'll definitely be giving the next few XSX and PS5 videos a view, to see if his tone swings to the biased, as many here seem to be proclaiming. But if it doesn't, I might have to subscribe to their channel. I find it provides a very thoughtful take on video game graphics. Especially when I watched a neutral game like Cyberbunk 2077. The tone of that video, as well as the CB vs. DLSS video seem very much focused on the technology, and aren't dripping with system allegiance. That's what I want. I'm PS5-only this gen (most likely), but when I want analysis, just give me the raw. I feel like DF has delivered that thus far. I agree with the overwhelming sentiment on this forum, in that regard.

Just thought I'd share.

Last edited:

Nowcry

I think you have got confused forum, go to the Xbox twitter and reply to the tweets, something like this:

Liars, you had ensured that the current generation would not weigh down the new generation.

In this thread it was said from the beginning, programming for Jaguar + HDD will eliminate any new generation advance. Tflops are in diminishing returns.

Why is Death Stranding being mentioned? How does it relate to any of the PS5 or XSX conversation?

People praise Death Stranding for it's graphics, yet it also doesn't have much going on. So if he wants to make that complaint about Microsoft Flight Sim, then i can also make that complaint about sony exclusives, or the fact that there is zero PS4 1st party exclusives that are 60fps, yet MS flagship titles like Gears 5/Halo 5 are 60fps

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I finally watched the DF analysis of the Horizon PS5 trailer, and I honestly don't sense a great deal of bias involved. I know it's the unpopular view, particularly for someone only getting a PS5, but I feel like he comes off very impressed by the demo. All the zooms and stuff are to highlight details that impressed him. Yes, he skipped some of these nitpicks with Halo, but that was a game he panned visually. We didn't need to zoom in to know that game looked disappointing, and he didn't use the HFW analysis to slight the game, only praise it.

Again, as a person who's unfamiliar with DF's history, I don't bring any former bias into the equation. I can only judge based on what I'm seeing and hearing in the videos I see now. Based on a handful of videos of PS5 and XSX conferences and key games, I don't have any issue. Could he have been more brutal with Halo? Yes. Would it have served an important purpose? Honestly? No. We can see its shortcomings very clearly. He gave context to where those shortcomings are present IMO. I'll definitely be giving the next few XSX and PS5 videos a view, to see if his tone swings to the biased, as many here seem to be proclaiming. But if it doesn't, I might have to subscribe to their channel. I find it provides a very thoughtful take on video game graphics. Especially when I watched a neutral game like Cyberbunk 2077. The tone of that video, as well as the CB vs. DLSS video seem very much focused on the technology, and aren't dripping with system allegiance. That's what I want. I'm PS5-only this gen (most likely), but when I want analysis, just give me the raw. I feel like DF has delivered that thus far. I agree with the overwhelming sentiment on this forum, in that regard.

Just thought I'd share.
Alex has been fine recently. He was a bit too skeptical of PS5's hardware RT and SSD capabilities which Im guessing was due to the github crew misleading him, and he will always be a PC fan, but I really dont see how hes been anything but professional in his videos.

People need to let it go. He's fine. Richard is fine. Everyone has their own biases, but as long as they dont affect their videos, it doesnt really matter.

I think eastwood is entitled to his opinion, and it’s important that he is given a safe space here because he’s an endangered species.
He just digs holes for himself. Never seen someone so hellbent on self destruction.
Before the Xbox show he was going around claiming anything from upcoming Xbox show will eclipse all PS5 games and we all know how that turned out.
But yes i agree he is entitled to his opinion like everyone else. Every once in a while he can put out a sensible post.

Said before, Sony is making all the right moves. People don't buy new consoles to play enhanced titles. They want next gen content. This upcoming generation the gap between MS and Sony is going to widen considerably. Also saw a post somewhere that PS5 jumped a couple spots up on Amazon list straight after the Xbox show. That can't be a coincidence.

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
People praise Death Stranding for it's graphics, yet it also doesn't have much going on. So if he wants to make that complaint about Microsoft Flight Sim, then i can also make that complaint about sony exclusives, or the fact that there is zero PS4 1st party exclusives that are 60fps, yet MS flagship titles like Gears 5/Halo 5 are 60fps

With all due respect... that’s apples and oranges. A next gen game vs. a previous gen one.. and at that, again, a game with its world built using photogrammetry of real world satellite photos combing petabytes of data streaming in from cloud servers should look and be astounding.... and it is.

Even on next gen, fantasy worlds crafted together will have a hard time on both systems comparing to a world created the way Flight Simulator 2020 is.
The points you’re looking to prove will be proven when the software that uses the hardware are shown, and shown running on the hardware. That time will come in time. Both systems are really powerful.

I mean, It really depends what you are looking for. Digital Foundry said it better, Sony aims to sell their games to people looking for "glamour" and to push visual boundaries, that's why they target graphics over fps.

He just digs holes for himself. Never seen someone so hellbent on self destruction.
Before the Xbox show he was going around claiming anything from upcoming Xbox show will eclipse all PS5 games and we all know how that turned out.

I mean, are you implying that Hellblade2, Forza, Everwild, The Initiatives new game, Avowed, Fable,The Coalitions new game etc(all are confirmed to be XSX/PC)are going to somehow lead to the same situation Halo Infinite is in? Otherwise, what other holes are you referring to?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom