• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Alright guys I know it is easy to joke about Smart Delivery there but it's more a mix between activision being greedy and MS not allowing paid upgrades.Which is a good policy except in this case where activision are the greediest mofos.
So the blame is at 99% on activision.But it does show how a pro consumer decision can have a bad outcome, but I hope more games will use smart delivery in the beginning of the next gen.

FranXico

Alright guys I know it is easy to joke about Smart Delivery there but it's more a mix between activision being greedy and MS not allowing paid upgrades.Which is a good policy except in this case where activision are the greediest mofos.
So the blame is at 99% on activision.But it does show how a pro consumer decision can have a bad outcome, but I hope more games will use smart delivery in the beginning of the next gen.
Vast majority of studios and publishers give free upgrades. Activision are simply the worst of the worst.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I am not a huge fan Call of Duty anymore but if I can play as Ronnie I'm all in

k9K3Kwf.jpg

sircaw

Banned
Sorry I have gone radio silent,

you left us hanging dude, i had a fight with my girlfriend and kicked her out, she came back with a new boyfriend and they kicked me out, sigh.

AeneaGames AeneaGames was depressed, she starting eating more comfort food, i did not think it was possible but yer.
@Geordietemp went all Jack the ripper on the threads and started attacking fud spreaders, he got banned.
Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem , is in trouble with Peta, apparently, he did something to a couple of camels.
@X-Fighter was in such shock, he actually started posting again.

I could go on but i hope you understand the mess you left in this place in.

One tweet and you shut this place down.

think of your actions please, they have great consequences.

Last edited:
But it does show how a pro consumer decision can have a bad outcome, but I hope more games will use smart delivery in the beginning of the next gen.

Well that same pro-consumer decision is happening on the other platforms. Difference is that developers don't have to find a way around a policy on the PS5.

If anything it shows how forcing a pro-consumer policy can end up in something that's detrimental to consumers.

Last edited:
Yes but not We are agree Activision is the devil but also you as Xbox or Playstation cannot think everyone has to do the things in the way you want
specially a company which its sales are much more higher than almost any other game released each year since around a decade ago.

For this year from third party, the main two games in sales will be probably CoD and Cyberpunk (follow close for FIFA and AC) if you lost one of them
from be able to upgrade the physical version is bad especially when you platform sells even less units of CoD per year compare to PC and PS.

If this game doesn't run 4k 60 fps in a 2080 TI, I don't see a way where they can do it in the new consoles be a title crossgen.

Last edited:

By-mission

I never played Hitmam is it good or bad?

... "Here's what we learned, centring around the game's setting and story, a cast of new and returning characters and a newfound focus on player freedom - one that even manifests in a character creator, dialogue options and Hitman-style nonlinear levels"...

pasterpl

Interesting that xbsex version disc will allow you to play xbone game but ps5 disc doesn’t allow you to use it in ps4...any ideas on why this might be?

DeepSpace5D

That seems pretty far-fetched. I mean, how long is a typical COD campaign? Maybe 8-10 hours if we are being generous? All of a sudden they are going to quadruple the Story campaign length and have the multiplayer portion ready to go?

I don’t keep up much with COD development, has this iteration been given much more time to develop than previous entries?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Yes but not We are agree Activision is the devil but also you as Xbox or Playstation cannot think everyone has to do the things in the way you want
specially a company which its sales are much more higher than almost any other game released each year since around a decade ago.

For this year from third party, the main two games in sales will be probably CoD and Cyberpunk (follow close for FIFA and AC) if you lost one of them
from be able to upgrade the physical version is bad especially when you platform sells even less units of CoD per year compare to PC and PS.

If this game doesn't run 4k 60 fps in a 2080 TI, I don't see a way where they can do it in the new consoles be a title crossgen.
I do agree that Xbox may lack flexibility on that subject.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Classic Activision... Even more baffling that "gamers" are laughing with Microsoft trying to change this anti-consumer practice

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

... "Here's what we learned, centring around the game's setting and story, a cast of new and returning characters and a newfound focus on player freedom - one that even manifests in a character creator, dialogue options and Hitman-style nonlinear levels"...

Hitman is all about a pretty insane array of options for accomplishing a "mission", which is usually "kill 1 person." You can do anything from mow everyone down on a map, to sneaking around and figuring out one of various ways for the person to die and make it look like an accident.

Last edited:

Bluntman

That seems pretty far-fetched. I mean, how long is a typical COD campaign? Maybe 8-10 hours if we are being generous? All of a sudden they are going to quadruple the Story campaign length and have the multiplayer portion ready to go?

I don’t keep up much with COD development, has this iteration been given much more time to develop than previous entries?

It's got less. Treyarch had to take over development halfway from Raven / Sledgehammer.

That 40 hours is nonsense unless it's not the standard campaign.

Last edited:

onesvenus

I'm sure Xbox did go all in but their money hat bucket wasn't as deep as Sony's.
I know that's the thing that people say around here but there isn't any indication that's true.

They have bought a lot of studios, doubled down on Gamepass (which for all intents and purposes it's a loss leader approach) and rumors are pointing at selling xsx at a loss.

Maybe they didn't want to add other expenses to all this but I'd love to see a comparison of what Sony and Microsoft have spent on next-gen.

Cock of War

mememe_bcfdb896f5fd3d02d02d14a926abe7e6-1.jpg

Interesting that xbsex version disc will allow you to play xbone game but ps5 disc doesn’t allow you to use it in ps4...any ideas on why this might be?
Maybe something to do with the drive? In guessing that maybe the PS4 drive can't read PS5 disks for some reason.
PS4 had BD (max 2 layers, 1 layer 25GB, 2 layers 50GB) older standard
PS5 will have BDXL (multi-layered, 3 layers 100GB, 4 layers 128GB) newer standard
BDXL drives mostly do not read the earlier formats, but regular Blu-ray drives absolutely do not support newer BDXL format.

Disc are transformed form standard Blu-Ray to UltraHD Blu-ray Discs
Reading materila: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_HD_Blu-ray

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Not sure its been linked but also who knows how true but:

With next-generation consoles, the game will play at 4K resolution and refresh rates at 120hz. Cold War will use haptic controllers. The solid-state drives (SSDs) with flash memory in the new consoles will have faster load times, and that means that the loading screens will be gone, with seamless transitions between cinematics and gameplay.

Taken from

LucidFlux

I know that's the thing that people say around here but there isn't any indication that's true.

They have bought a lot of studios, doubled down on Gamepass (which for all intents and purposes it's a loss leader approach) and rumors are pointing at selling xsx at a loss.

Maybe they didn't want to add other expenses to all this but I'd love to see a comparison of what Sony and Microsoft have spent on next-gen.

What's the thing people say around here? That Xbox did try to money hat exclusives or that their budget to do so wasn't as big as Sony's because I'm saying the latter. Sony had allocated a larger portion of their budget towards grabbing 3rd party exclusives. I'm not comparing what they've both spent in other areas.

user1337

Sorry I have gone radio silent, got my wrist smacked as I jumped the gun a little early on something but again, its coming.

And its only the physical edition Xbox that cant be upgraded.

The last 2 points are kind of useless? I mean if I have a PS5 or a XBSX why would I care if it ran on last gen?
The first two points are more useful, since people that have current gen may upgrade at a later date and hope their games can carry forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom