• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like both these dudes, but IF the information is correct, my hunch would be that Sony may have rescheduled the event to a week later on 14th of September. Just a hunch though.
49c446e721870b17a325b8f9740888d2f3010ce98f7f27a4c2fdfccefd964f55.jpg

Yeah I think the "secret sauce" was in reference to the PS5 SSD architecture and it's systems. I agree that there are other unknown features which have yet to be revealed but as for what Lisa Su was referring to was the SSD.

console fanboy twitter is embarrassing at times and that goes for both sides, constantly parroting quotes and information which they have no understanding of.

Definitely because just looking at the I/O complex guess where it's located?

In the APU that AMD makes.

Kerlurk

Banned
PS4 and PS4 Pro have a dedicated decompression chip I believe. It's not a block of entire complex of chips that addresses all the bottlenecks like the one in the PS5, but I believe there is a decompression chip there.

I have heard that (zlib decompression), but don't have any performance metrics for the comparison (GB/s???), and note, I'm trying to provide a scaled difference. Each of those blocks in size, represents the performance difference. It was a lot of work in Google Drawings trying to get that as accurate as possible.

The diagram is more focused on the PS5, and the SSD bandwidth is making the far greater difference over those respective blocks.

I was providing that diagram in response that SRAM was present in the decompression, and main memory is not needed.

I should create a diagram that is not comparative for such responses.

edit: there is very little information on any/what sound processor, audio dma, or decompresson blocks on the PS4, and I just checked through all my PS4 technical info that I have saved from 2012/2013 tech reveals. Sony concentrated on the CPU/GPU advantages when they released the PS4.

Anyway, it was worth noting. Thanks.

Last edited:

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Sony Patent Suggests PSP Compatibility With PS5

The Sony patent, filed February 6, 2020 and published August 20, includes an image that appears to show various accessories and peripherals that may be compatible with the PlayStation 5 console. This includes the PlayStation VR headset, PlayStation Camera, PlayStation Move, a DualShock 4 controller, mouse and keyboard, remote, bluetooth headset, and the PlayStation Portable. The text of the patent also mentions the PlayStation Vita, so it seems the handheld may have a role to play with the PS5 as well.

ZqU8Ehb.jpg

12Dannu123

I feel that dispite what everybody want to make us beleave gamepass does NOT have a lot more mindshare. At least not here in the neteherlands. nobody has it or wants it because of the lackluster games ms is pushing out the last couple of years. Plus i really dont need to buy an xbox to play gamepass. and now with all those GPU's coming in cheaper and better than before xbsx cannot play the powerhouse card anymore. PS5 is not much weaker and will play most games equal so no difference there.

I would encourage Sony to try and roll out psnow further and try to make more "free" subscribers like microsoft did. i would really like a 29,99 euro/year sub for simple online play on ps5, a 59,99/year online + psnow combo and a premium 69,99/year version where you get the online, psplus discounts and psnow.

Having PS+ and PSNow as an optional service at $60 is unrealistic. Right now the output of PSNow isn't as strong as Game Pass and each month shows that. If Sony were to increase the output they will need to raise the price.

SSfox

What's next? A tweet saying that the X Series X will be more powerful than the top-of-the-line PC ten years from now?

Jesus, and they say PlayStation fanboys are insufferable.

Thing is, even if it was truth i would still don't give a flying f**k about the XSX with its actual game library state, call me when you'll have some interesting games.

hemo memo

I don't like both these dudes, but IF the information is correct, my hunch would be that Sony may have rescheduled the event to a week later on 14th of September. Just a hunch though.

So Jason and Jeff didn’t hear anything who actually have contacts on Sony but those random two. Yeah no. It amaze me how they got followers in the first place but probably most of the followers they have are fake too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom