• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sw0pDiller

i really like the pricepoint of 299 euro. But what i want to know is... ho stronk is the GPU compared to beastmode x, does it have a disktray, how many GB SSD, RAM.. tell us! what are we buying for 299? crazy to know the specs of series x and PS5 but no price and a price for series s but no specs... wtf?!

ghairat

I think it is safe to say that the pre-next-gen hype is the shittiest to date. I don't feel the same hype as I did this gen

DeeDogg_

Banned
XBox: TFLOPS! TFLOPS! TFLOPS! THAT’S WHAT’S IMPORTANT!

Us: Okay!

*Xbox Series S has less TFLOPS than Xbox One X*

Xbox: TFLOPS AREN’T THAT IMPORTANT!

Us: 🙄

.....but Sony have to respond now. And respond well.
This joke is only funny for those that don’t understand the difference between RDNA2 and Xbox one X TFLOPS

kyliethicc

Ok, so if you want 1TB, you buy the expansion card... yeah, feels like a 360.
They haven't confirmed it even has an expansion port. It could idk, but they did not mention it, and the expansion cards are black and 1 TB each.

Maybe S will get its own 512 GB white expansion card?

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Where do you get all this from?

And they have to reserve more space this time for Quick Resume

It depends on if they are making 2 versions of every Xbox Series game. Series S version with lower resolution assets would require slightly smaller storage.

BatSu

:messenger_neutral:

JGmFL6W.jpg

Third party will bother to do this ? You think so ?

Most likely not. Which brings into question the supposed 7.5GB of usable RAM if they are using the same assets. If they are, it's extra dev time but no different to making a game for PS4 or Xbox One. So I guess it's possible.

geordiemp

I assume there are loads of duplicate assets in that game.

Its not streaming allot, its like there are multiple games (4 if you think about it)....you have single player, Multiplayer with lots maps, Zombie with different maps and characters, and then there is Battle royale mode large map. And lets not forget a billion costumes and paint jobs.

Last edited:

geordiemp

gotta be honest, i never get why digital version of consoles target the cheaper customers... digital is the most expensive path (game prices and internet) lol so if someone is money conscious, having a digital only console makes no sense

Its targeting customers who will just buy game pass and the odd game a year...

xacto

And they have to reserve more space this time for Quick Resume

Some tech should not really exist just because we can manufacture it.

E4FmGoF.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom