• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
IGN and "quality journalism"

BefU9Wz.jpg
I’m hoping that’s just a sad attempt at a click baity headline.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Exactly as SNPlayen has said above.
It isn't just the cost of the drive you need to take into consideration. But the additional revenue Sony will get from forced digital purchases and no second hand market for those who buy a digital edition. Essentially Sony could take a hit now and make much more than the hit they took in the future.
I will let you in on a secret a person is all digital or not type an extra 50 dollars is not changing that. This is all about the people who prefer digital to try subsidize begging. If Sony really wants to push digital they short supply the disk version it is simple no reason to lose money.

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
One of the greatest misconceptions peddled by some folks around here is that Sony marketing is geared mainly towards the US market:

Hate to break it to you America, but you’re less important than you think you are!
Then again we have more people in Europe so I hope there's room to grow.

Talking about PS5 and XSS/XSX CPUs. The difference between them is absolutely irrelevant. The performance of those 3 CPUs should be pretty much the same, and since framerates are more tightly related to CPU performance than GPU, there's no reason why a game would be 60fps on XSX and lower on PS5 or XSS. If you consider that the PS5 GPU is weaker than XSX (which it is, by how much is up to debate) games could have a difference in resolution, but not on framerate.

DaGwaphics

Xbox Series S takes 12 seconds to load The Outer Worlds; Xbox One S, 53 seconds....

This could weigh down the entire 3rd generation games because the I / O of the XSS is too low, could you need environment designs just for it or even force to design from below ?.

A CPU problem can not be.

And on the other hand, where does this XVA leave ??? Does it really work? I am concerned that the I / O may not actually be used.

At least wait for games that use it.

Neo Blaster

I can see how God of War has something to show and can release hopefully next year or early 2022. While Cory Barlog was on a spoiler cast he mentioned while writing the first draft of the first game about 8 months into it he realized they were writing the 2nd game. About 16:30 into the video
Well, they revealed GOW at E3 2016 and released it on April 2018, almost 2 years later. Showing it now to release in 2022 seems logical.

BatSu

We want to know the price of PS5. But what does Sony expect to show your console?

so far I think we've only seen one render. I think the first thing is to show your console inside and out

No that's not Raytracing that's SSR .... and if it was raytracing insomniac did a bad job showing it .... Can I apply to work at Digital foundry now?
I am an videogames expert and let me tell you how light can fix everything with spiderman...As you can see in the last screen there's shadows on the stairs so they obviously look bad because they are in the shadow.
Thanks all for coming to my expert Tedtalk and see you next week for more bullshit.
Let me guess... Your name is Alex and you are from Germany? Just guessing.

Well, they revealed GOW at E3 2016 and released it on April 2018, almost 2 years later. Showing it now to release in 2022 seems logical.

And Santa Monica studio has released nothing else in the meantime. That's 2 years with no perceived output. I'm guessing they're working on a GoW and a new IP. Surely one of them will be shown soon.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

Yeah, but.. like I said. I was too lazy to search, .. still not sure it was posted here. Maybe it was. That's why I refrain from making threads.

I guess .. Tom Warren = official confirmation of that being the retail box design?

Last edited:

BatSu

Yeah, but.. like I said. I was too lazy to search, .. still not sure it was posted here. Maybe it was. That's why I refrain from making threads.

I guess .. Tom Warren = official confirmation of that being the retail box design?

That seems

Last edited:
Web GameReactor:

Such is the fast-moving nature of the business that we're already hearing reports from multiple sources that Sony has taken the decision to slash the price of the PS5 in response to the aggressive price point of the Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X.

Since writing up our original report, we've heard that Sony is considering pricing the discless PS5 at $399 and the premium edition of the PlayStation will match the Xbox Series X with a $499 price point.

Last edited:
Mod of War Mod of War

Is there no way to ban their twitter URL from being able to be displayed on site? The amount of tweets from these guys linked is ridiculous.

the problem with these people is they know people are already dying to learn of what's next from Playstation and they wear the fake insider mask and run around ruining everyone's excitement!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Web GameReactor:

If this is true, it makes me wonder what the pricing would have been. I mean... technically, no source has claimed to know the pricing. There's nothing to stop a source from saying that they heard Sony has cut the price to match. Most of us have been on team $499.99 US for a loooooong time.

dimaveshkin

If this is true, it makes me wonder what the pricing would have been. I mean... technically, no source has claimed to know the pricing. There's nothing to stop a source from saying that they heard Sony has cut the price to match. Most of us have been on team $499.99 US for a loooooong time.
Maybe they've been planning 450 for DE, but now seeing XSS at such a low price they decided to cut off 50 more.

Falc67

Talking about PS5 and XSS/XSX CPUs. The difference between them is absolutely irrelevant. The performance of those 3 CPUs should be pretty much the same, and since framerates are more tightly related to CPU performance than GPU, there's no reason why a game would be 60fps on XSX and lower on PS5 or XSS. If you consider that the PS5 GPU is weaker than XSX (which it is, by how much is up to debate) games could have a difference in resolution, but not on framerate.

If PS5 and XSX both targeted 4k resolution, wouldn’t it still have more FPS on the XSX, given there is room to spare. I understand the CPU is the same, but there would still be around 5fps to spare surely?

If PS5 and XSX both targeted 4k resolution, wouldn’t it still have more FPS on the XSX, given there is room to spare. I understand the CPU is the same, but there would still be around 5fps to spare surely?

Depends what's limiting the framerate. Fill rate, CPU processing, etc. That's why it's pretty pointless looking at these figures and just guessing. It will depend upon the game and the nuances of the system which - from looking at the highlevel specs - will be vey hard to fathom.

Last edited:
I will let you in on a secret a person is all digital or not type an extra 50 dollars is not changing that. This is all about the people who prefer digital to try subsidize begging. If Sony really wants to push digital they short supply the disk version it is simple no reason to lose money.

$50 may not change it - but $100 may!
Especially if someone is almost all digital anyway but not quite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom