• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatSu

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Roberto Serrano confirmed to me.

Ptarmiganx2

There's the speculation that it's been customized differently on the PS5 but we don't have any proof of that yet. All Cerny said was that it was new for Playstation.

You know what I find really interesting?

807-block-diagram.jpg

Is that Polaris has a geometry processor in it and the PS4 Pro is based off polaris if I'm not mistaken. Pretty interesting how they are saying it's something new for the PS5.

Maybe geometry engine =/= geometry processor. No idea if that's true since I don't know alot about tech.
PS5 GPU has an exclusive feature called cache scrubbers.” We do know PS5 is more customized...

FunkMiller

If that played out for real that's quite concerning for MS.

If you take AMD at their word and there are 150m consoles out there and we know from Sony that at that time they'd sold 109m it pegs Xbox One at 41m. So in other words Xbox makes up 27.3% of the market. That polls puts them up to 31.9% with no horrific always-online policies, flip-flopping, no forced Kinect bundles and instead the most powerful console and the cheapest console. Just goes to show, it is about the games.

When all of this plays out, there will be post-mortem after post-mortem in clueless games media about how this wasn't understood - by them.

So the leaked video from last night was intended only for press/influencers. Makes sense with how obviously scripted it was. Should be a fun week with Sony's show and potentially more from Xbox showing the stuff they had ready for consumers to see. You have to think that Sony will have a few bombs to drop, and I hope the price is good as the Mrs. is already looking at me side eyed over upgrading to next-gen haha.

Thats why i love this years PR run. MS are not getting away with anything bad or shady. There's no E3 & gaming news bundle into a package you forget the mistakes & flaws. MS cant piggybank of the goodwill of a games event. As standalone you can see how bad it is at xbox or any other product. Them shitty game showcases geoff keighley ,EA, the PC show etc.

If there was E3 ,Series S ram, no gameplay footage would of been ignored.And all these "journo's" would be unchallenged in their shilling because of their inside info. But this years roll out. We see ,what they see. No special treatment.

Sony being secretive.Lets them control their brand. Non of these "journos" bought by MS cant stop the hype. End of the day games do the talking.The most important thing the games.

Last edited:

xPikYx

I've just realized next week I'll start to work and I miss the live streaming showcase, damn. I shall go for the recap 😭

Last edited:
All I see with all those spec advantages is a lack of games. Sony is going to show more games while Microsoft talks about price, 4k, 1440p, 120 fps, HDR, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, BC, Game Pass, etc. Basically everything to distract from the fact that they have no next gen games. When you can show us the spec advantage in a game being shown playing on a Xbox Series X, then we can talk.
Consoles will be out soon, and launch games will be compared. so just be patient

With Sony officially announcing their last Showcase being game centered and not about the system, we can conclude Sony has conceded the battle over whose system is superior.

We had one show from Cerny that basically concentrated on the SSD and that was all. To be honest I am kind of surprised, I was expecting much more in depth breakdown of the system and how its technology will be utilized, especially them addressing the lack of features that Xbox has reveal since the breakdown.

So many people were here arguing that the PS5 basically had many of the same features Xbox had highlighted and that it would announce them as we got closer, which ended up never happening even after having opportunities to come out and reveal more of the technology.

It feels very similar to the PS4 Pro vs X1X situation, I just would have assumed Sony wouldn't have been this easy of a push over again.
To be frank here, sony doesnt feel the need to show anything, since what consists their hardcore fanbase happily ate up the cerny presentation, and still run with that.
Just look at the posts here:
ssd will offset everything, as if the other machines run on charcoal
high tide will raise everything, and xbox is already drowned below :]

would you do differently if you were a corporation?
I don't think so

and about the ps4pro - xbone x situation, xbox regularly pushes double the pixels in the same games, and yet the PS hardcore people here talk about "superior ps4pro versions" :messenger_beaming:

giphy.webp

ethomaz

Banned
I believe this leak actually helped them. Imagine if XBOX hyped this up. This will likely be the last major announcements we will get from XBOX.
Leak was poor marketing strategy.
It is really confusing how the Xbox team with ton of money do the things lol

I guess they live in a reality that they are equal and want approaching the gamers lol

Last edited:
Looking at those polls from IGN and other folks is absolutely mind-boggling to me after this week.

Sony has hitherto said very little and only just now started heating up. Microsoft laid down a gauntlet of information and very little changed. PlayStation seems irrevocably cemented in the minds of the gaming populace.

I mean no disrespect, as I like Microsoft's tenacity and willingness to try new things despite potential pitfalls, but it is no real wonder why Sony doesn't particularly care what they do.

Falc67

Looking at those polls from IGN and other folks is absolutely mind-boggling to me after this week.

Sony has hitherto said very little and only just now started heating up. Microsoft laid down a gauntlet of information and very little changed. PlayStation seems irrevocably cemented in the minds of the gaming populace.

I mean no disrespect, as I like Microsoft's tenacity and willingness to try new things despite potential pitfalls, but it is no real wonder why Sony doesn't particularly care what they do.

What Xbox Series S/X Exclusive next gen games are you looking forward to playing at Launch? Or Launch window? Or 2021? Honestly?

The Umman Manda

Neo Member
A coworker of mine was rambling about how amazing the new Xbox looks and how the Series S is so much more powerful than the PS5. He then starts talking about how Sony is struggling to get the PS5 under $900. What the heck are these people reading? Just the other month my brother was freaking out too, thinking the PS5 would be $700.

Hopefully the show stops all this nonsense.

onQ123

There's the speculation that it's been customized differently on the PS5 but we don't have any proof of that yet. All Cerny said was that it was new for Playstation.

You know what I find really interesting?

807-block-diagram.jpg

Is that Polaris has a geometry processor in it and the PS4 Pro is based off polaris if I'm not mistaken. Pretty interesting how they are saying it's something new for the PS5.

Maybe geometry engine =/= geometry processor. No idea if that's true since I don't know alot about tech.

We can go back to the PS1 which also had a Geometry Transform Engine

umbra-ignite-2015-rulon-raymond-the-state-of-skinning-a-dive-into-modern-approaches-to-model-skinning-12-638.jpg

What Xbox Series S/X Exclusive next gen games are you looking forward to playing at Launch? Or Launch window? Or 2021? Honestly?

Honestly?

The Medium strikes my fancy, sir. In addition, Avowed, Forza, Stalker. Hellblade II strikes a chord with me due to my wife's own struggles with mental illness. I'm anxious to try the next entry.

Memes aside, I really believe Halo will come back from the brink. I've always loved that series, even though Halo 5 wasn't my cup of tea.

There's plenty out there. They may not be as strong as Sony, but they do have unique experiences incoming. It'll be a while yet, but they'll get there.

Last edited:
T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Ok I have bad habit of skipping over some replies because I'm too eager lol

But I just read that Microsoft's Press Briefing has been "leaked".

This is just so dam dumb, how do you leak an entire press briefing? is Xbox being run by a bunch of monkeys? (not hard to believe for certain reasons lol)

This was definitely a controlled leak in my opinion. That or gross incompetence by Microsoft employees.

Entroyp

Their lacking in showing us games, it’s very easy to understand. MS can keep talking shit and keep telling us how big their TFs are and only the hardcore will care. Sony on the other hand has been showing games, not much as of yet, but at least we saw SM, HZD, GT7, DS, and more, enough for people to be interested.

Faithless83

Banned
I really need the company I work for to make me go back to the office, instead of leaving me at home. My entire week has been Zoom meetings, a Dark Souls re-run, and Gaf :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I'm actually hoping to go back once a week tops.
- Been improving my SF5 skills lately (great game for a 5min break).
- Trying to learn to play guitar (improvements on SF5 are a lot better though) :messenger_grinning_sweat:
- Shit ton of audiobooks.

The pandemic itself is horrible, but the home office part is the best thing that happened IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom