• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Join us, one of our practicing sessions.

4etpme.jpg
Agent Bo stop revealing our purpose. Our cause is just. Our pixels are pristine.

kyliethicc

Is it just me or is there a lot of nerves/twitchy bums going round since Sony announced the showcase event?

Everyone should be excited if anything!
I think its a combination of the impatience and anticipation of the PS5 event, alongside the uncertainty of price.

If Sony say on Wednesday the magic 499/399 prices, this thread will explode.

That would make for a very interesting launch against the Xboxes at 499/299.

ethomaz

Banned
The absolute insanity around PS5's pricing is reaching new heights. From this, a new philosophical paradox has arised:

Schrödinger's PS5

The PS5 is simultaenously too costly to manufacture and so much worse than the Xbox Series X that
  • it cannot be priced at 399/499 because they would lose too much money
  • It cannot be priced at 449/549 or 499/599 because there's no value to it
This new paradox goes hand in hand with two new paradoxes created by next-gen propaganda and is being added to two existing paradoxes:

The Power Paradox

Which states that a console's power can only be used as an argument depending on how powerful the console is compared to a Sony product
  • The PS5 is underpowered and will hold back the Series X
  • The Series S is fine and will not hold back the Series S
The Speed Paradox

Which states that a console's speed can only be measured if the manufacturer cannot show it
  • Sony showing R&C loading new levels in 2 seconds does not prove virtually no loading screens and that the console is faster than the XSX / XSS
  • Microsoft showing two games taking >10 seconds to load a save does not prove that the console is not slower than the PS5.
Amazing.

DaGwaphics

Why did XBOX tweet this?

I thought it was PlayStation was being reactive but it is actually XBOX,

Video Game Day is actually a thing on some calendars or something:

Maybe... hear me out.... this is wild... this was just a basic shoutout to video games as a whole and not a covert conspiracy. 🤷‍♂️

THE:MILKMAN

I think its a combination of the impatience and anticipation of the PS5 event, alongside the uncertainty of price.

I just think Sony cutting it this fine to the point they now have the entire stage to themselves with the gaming worlds eyes on them....They would just come in at the majority expected or higher priced. That could backfire very quickly. I think they intend to make a big statement one way other and not just on pricing.

Also guys no. The PS5 specs are what they are. Sony didn't have time/money to change it.

I agree specs haven't changed. Just with how it seems to be designed. The simplest/most likely upgrade would be double RAM (8 more chips on the other side of Mobo like PS4) but I think it might be the case this space will be taken up by the SSD chips.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Video Game Day is actually a thing on some calendars or something:

Maybe... hear me out.... this is wild... this was just a basic shoutout to video games as a whole and not a covert conspiracy. 🤷‍♂️
Wait why are people bitching about this (for once) nice tweet?
I mean I can understand when it is Phil or Aaron claiming they are against console war and then heavily promote console warriors and post console wars tweets but this is fine....Honestly I don't see the problem.

That's due to xbox one hardware and you know.

I think things will be different for Xbox games in 2023.

The in-engine trailer? No, that was probably made with target spec in mind. As for the actual gameplay that we saw, I know it's due to Xbox One hardware. You probably can't find a post of mine where I say anything bad about Series X hardware.

Oddspeak

Bergoglio

The in-engine trailer? No, that was probably made with target spec in mind. As for the actual gameplay that we saw, I know it's due to Xbox One hardware. You probably can't find a post of mine where I say anything bad about Series X hardware.

With UE5 on the way, I highly doubt xbox games like Hellblade 2, Perfect Dark, even Fable will look "decent", I suppose they will be amazing graphically speaking.

And I think we can expect great things from Awoved.

Last edited:

LiquidRex

That’s weird, I thought he started that rumor.
No, the rumour started on Reddit and he was replying to the rumour on Twitter... In a passed video he did mention the possibility of upgrade if the yields were good, however he also said he was very sceptical of that happening and he also mentioned he had heard the possibility of higher bandwidth memory of 512gb/s, but he was also sceptical of this as it would push up the cost of the system. 🤔

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

that’s my final prediction.

£499 for big fat boi PS5
£399 for digital edition

I can’t see them being arrogant Sony and going £550 but it’s not impossible.

kyliethicc

Rumor - Sony literally spent HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS designing the PS5 and ordering parts. For many years.

They cannot and did not just say "nevermind" and re-order a new hundred million dollars in memory.

It silly.

As Mark Cerny said when asked "why was deciding to put a hard drive in every PS4 a big decision?"

"Because it costs a billion dollars."

That's due to xbox one hardware and you know.

I think things will be different for Xbox games in 2023.

Here's a comparison between the 2018 Halo Infinite trailer and Horizon FW. I tried to compare scenes which are similar. This isn't to shit on the 2018 trailer which obviously looks next gen, but more so to show you how good HZFW looks to even be in the conversation with a trailer that was clearly created in a highly controlled environment.

Character Modelling and DOF

q7t1Gz.gif

i9aUJs.gif

Density of Wildlife/Environmental Interactivity

yz1GMh.gif

g2rWse.gif

Foliage Density and Variety

aErMiJ.gif

Tfozk-.gif

Water Rendering and Physics

e3XbSb.gif

B3uXuh.gif

Environmental Density, Draw Distance and Cloud Rendering

8qCWRp.gif

aO7s42.gif

With UE5 on the way, I highly doubt xbox games like Hellblade 2, Perfect Dark, even Fable will look "decent", I suppose they will be amazing graphically speaking.

And I think we can expect great things from Awoved.

I agree. I'm looking forward to them. But then we'd be comparing those against God of War 2, Uncharted 5 and Days Gone 2. Not Horizon FW which is releasing next year.

Great Hair

Banned
Last edited:

INC

Here's a comparison between the 2018 Halo Infinite trailer and Horizon FW. I tried to compare scenes which are similar. This isn't to shit on the 2018 trailer which obviously looks next gen, but more so to show you how good HZFW looks to even be in the conversation with a trailer that was clearly created in a highly controlled environment.

Character Modelling and DOF

q7t1Gz.gif

i9aUJs.gif

Density of Wildlife/Environmental Interactivity

yz1GMh.gif

g2rWse.gif

Foliage Density and Variety

aErMiJ.gif

Tfozk-.gif

Water Rendering and Physics

e3XbSb.gif

B3uXuh.gif

Environmental Density, Draw Distance and Cloud Rendering

8qCWRp.gif

aO7s42.gif

But halo doesnt look like that tho.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom