• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

INC

That's the point. HZFW is in the same tier graphically as a highly controlled in-engine trailer. My point was even if Halo had reached the fidelity seen in the 2018 trailer HZFW would still have an edge. We know the real Halo Infinite doesn't even look better than HZD let alone HZFW.

Hzd wasnt 60fps tho.

I'll wait til i see gameplay HZFD, But I know it'll look decent regardless.

Can someone guide me to the list of PS4 games that will get a ps5 upgrade? Thanks in advance.

hmmm. This upgrade talk sounding spooky. I would probably lower expectations. It's just going to be more frames ,small res/texture bump, & faster loading. I hope you are not expecting crazy things? The games are not going to look much better than currently. Studios are just not going to do free work & not get paid for it. So I hope peoples expectations are low here. More frames, faster loading ,small texture/res bump.

With UE5 on the way, I highly doubt xbox games like Hellblade 2, Perfect Dark, even Fable will look "decent", I suppose they will be amazing graphically speaking.

And I think we can expect great things from Awoved.

UE5 is not going to make those games look better. The artist & programmers have to put in work. The engine wont magic UE5 demo level visuals.There are not many ,if any gaming devices streaming in 8K cinematic assets whilst moving. So the demo visuals are out of reach off that alone. Additionally you can blame the series S for no top tier visuals on the xbox side.

It is what it is.

Last edited:

Ptarmiganx2

I agree. I'm looking forward to them. But then we'd be comparing those against God of War 2, Uncharted 5 and Days Gone 2. Not Horizon FW which is releasing next year.
Days Gone 2 might be my most anticipated. The first game was a top 3 of this generation for me. With the experience under their belt, the sequel is going to be an improvement on the Uncharted to Uncharted 2 level.

Joey.

Not bad for a "9TF" machine. This will be the show stopper on Wednesday.

The realistic detail in Aloy's face and eyes :messenger_ok:

Pv7-v1.gif

Density of wildlife and beautifully rendered water, a huge step up from last time :messenger_ok:

g2rWse.gif

Improved draw distance with zero fog to obscure the details. Denser foliage and great LOD even into the far distance :messenger_ok:

W9_hqU.gif

This is gext nen. Show me a game that even comes close to this!

DROOLLLLL.
Stunning.

Weds can't come any sooner...

First Party Sony titles are all the same. All walking simulators, all third boring person action game. Please. Welcome to Playstation, since 2009, we offer you every year the same genre of games.
What exactly makes all these games "walking simulators"? Third-person, action, has story and cutscenes. I guess that covers the entire over the shoulder genre. What exactly are you expecting?

Nickolaidas

Here's a comparison between the 2018 Halo Infinite trailer and Horizon FW. I tried to compare scenes which are similar. This isn't to shit on the 2018 trailer which obviously looks next gen, but more so to show you how good HZFW looks to even be in the conversation with a trailer that was clearly created in a highly controlled environment.

Character Modelling and DOF

q7t1Gz.gif

Density of Wildlife/Environmental Interactivity

yz1GMh.gif

Foliage Density and Variety

aErMiJ.gif

Water Rendering and Physics

e3XbSb.gif

Environmental Density, Draw Distance and Cloud Rendering

8qCWRp.gif

I'll be very happy if they manage to make Halo look this good after one year. And for the fuck's sake, cancel the cross-gen. Update the engine for Series X/S to handle ONLY.

Oddspeak

What exactly makes all these games "walking simulators"? Third-person, action, has story and cutscenes. I guess that covers the entire over the shoulder genre. What exactly are you expecting?

"Walking simulator" has turned into one of the most worthless pejoratives in gaming. It's been used and abused so flippantly, it basically means nothing. I've seen it thrown at Uncharted, Gears of War, Yakuza (yes, seriously), and more.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Just got leaked :messenger_winking:

No I get that some of you are disapointed but what you inferior people don't understand is that it is all happening at night ....So in the shadows.During day time it look like in the trailers.It just needs a better light system.

But let me tell you one thing if it was running on a PC I would call it the best raytracing game ever....But since it's on a console I'll say there's no raytracing.
So are those spiderman graphics flat?I'll answer by saying being in the light and let the devs take their time to change a bit the light system and it would be gorgeous, don't forget it is an open world.

DaGwaphics

"Walking simulator" has turned into one of the most worthless pejoratives in gaming. It's been used and abused so flippantly, it basically means nothing. I've seen it thrown at Uncharted, Gears of War, Yakuza (yes, seriously), and more.

My basic rule is that all games with <= 2 minutes of gameplay for every 1 minute of cinematics are in fact "Game simulators" vs. actual games.

Hzd wasnt 60fps tho.

HZD were running on about 5-10 times weaker system than 60fps Halo, so it should be fair comparision, well technically it is unfair to HZD as it runs on so weak machine.

So on PS5, the sequel can look as good as demoed (IMO it had gameplay but it just looks so good that people think it is cgi etc)

Last edited:

BGs

Industry Professional
One good thing about Sony is that it has "departments" dedicated to coming up with new techniques and technologies and then sharing them with the different internal studios. In addition to creating the tools to facilitate future work.

This means that all internal studies have a quality base plus without investing time in own research.

And if the studies themselves discover new techniques, they are also shared.

That makes your job much easier and maintain the overall quality of your titles. It works like a hive instead of competing with each other.

One good thing about Sony is that it has "departments" dedicated to coming up with new techniques and technologies and then sharing them with the different internal studios. In addition to creating the tools to facilitate future work.

This means that all internal studies have a quality base plus without investing time in own research.

That makes your job much easier and maintain the overall quality of your titles. It works like a hive instead of competing with each other.
Yup, that was the whole premise of Worldwide Studios. It really paid off, hats off to Shuhei Yoshida.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Clearly they've got if figured out, the way they can churn out quality content is something else.

SgtCaffran

If you look closely there is actually some gameplay footage throughout the trailer and it just looks incredible. I actually think it looks so good that most people just assume teh entire trailer is cutscene/scripted material. People will freak out when they see the game will achieve those levels in the game itself.

3liteDragon

I was blown away at first when they showed Hellblade 2 off with almost no LOD’s, photorealistic environment and incredibly realistic facial animations... only to find out it was entirely captured in-engine.

Don’t get me wrong but the fact that it was captured in-engine is impressive (shows what their engine is capable of) but I would’ve been even more impressed if all that was captured running on Series X in real-time. Hopefully we see some gameplay from NT actually running on a devkit.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Let's celebrate our beloved console showing us the games we love, and hope the best for our rivals ... competition is healthy and benefits everyone.

Besides, MS has solid IPs. May not be your cup of tea, but they'll have good stuff to show.

... eventually.

totally Agree, remember boys and girls not everyone on the xbox side are arseholes like Eastwood and co, there are some normal fans too, and some of them nice guys and girls too.

For their benefit i want Microsoft to come good, lets hope they do, in the end, we are all gamers.

pasterpl

Question about gamepass! As a multi console family. Can I play a member of my family under the same game pass subscription?

/end of off-topic

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Why does every xbox defender keep saying Gamepass is free? last time i checked (just now) it's 12,99 euro a month or 100 euro for a year. so, when i get PSnow for 60 euro a year with my PS5 i can virtually say that Sony stuffed me a 50 euro bill while walking out of the door? or can i get PSnow and Demons souls for free? Damn i like these green colored glasses!

Plus you don't own the games or they can get pulled out before you finishing them. It's a cluster fuck to me, but I find more quality in PS Now than GamePass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom