• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTCx

Ehz2wwOWAAEPvvi

tenor.gif

Nice catch, @Bonsaibäumchen :lollipop_tears_of_joy:
Basic cable package

Jdp3CWb.jpg

The absolute insanity around PS5's pricing is reaching new heights. From this, a new philosophical paradox has arised:

Schrödinger's PS5

The PS5 is simultaenously too costly to manufacture and so much worse than the Xbox Series X that
  • it cannot be priced at 399/499 because they would lose too much money
  • It cannot be priced at 449/549 or 499/599 because there's no value to it
This new paradox goes hand in hand with two new paradoxes created by next-gen propaganda and is being added to two existing paradoxes:

The Power Paradox

Which states that a console's power can only be used as an argument depending on how powerful the console is compared to a Sony product
  • The PS5 is underpowered and will hold back the Series X
  • The Series S is fine and will not hold back the Series S
The Speed Paradox

Which states that a console's speed can only be measured if the manufacturer cannot show it
  • Sony showing R&C loading new levels in 2 seconds does not prove virtually no loading screens and that the console is faster than the XSX / XSS
  • Microsoft showing two games taking >10 seconds to load a save does not prove that the console is not slower than the PS5.

As someone whose university degree was Physics Engineering, I approve (and appreciate) this message :messenger_smiling_hearts: .

Is this what it feels like to be an "insider"?? :pie_thinking:

Gam3rdude

Guys, can anyone guess how long the SSD in the ps5 would take to load ‘The Outer Worlds’ game, given that the XSS SSD took 13 sec ? I hope it’s not that long on the ps5.

What do u guys think ?

Guys, can anyone guess how long the SSD in the ps5 would take to load ‘The Outer Worlds’ game, given that the XSS SSD took 13 sec ? I hope it’s not that long on the ps5.

What do u guys think ?

That's tricky because I believe that if you follow the paper specs, the XSS should have loaded the game quicker.

Correctly optimized the PS5 can fill it's ram in under two seconds. So you can expect it to be slightly slower than that if it isn't optimized correctly for the PS5.

My guess.

I'm guessing we may find out what the loading times are like on Wednesday

They will probably show the UI along with the loading.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Aaron Greenberg didn't make this video. He just laughed with it and was genuine enough not to hide it.
Now tell me, how many hours of laughter -hidden behind your eyes- do you think Shu and blondie had before they managed to film these 20seconds without bursting to laughs?
And mind you, this is an official SONY production

I find your double standards amazing

One of the best videos in gaming history. :messenger_clapping::lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Damn, o'dium is being quoted on multiple media outlets. I don't know what to say. And of course, the usual suspects are running with it as gospel...

Last edited:

xacto

Damn, o'dium is being quoted on multiple media outlets. I don't know what to say. And of course, the usual suspects are running with it as gospel...

Yeah, but does it even matter? Levels of desperation are through the roof now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom