• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conaire

Neo Member
QqdXpaC.png

Preorders up on Shopto for the UK!

4K Trailers are up!

And the struggling at 1080p game, it's in 4K but probably a glitch:

In Spider-Man you can see the difference between cloth and leather 😂 the streaming quality doesn't give any game justic.

Final Fantasy 16 is rough and the fighting animation looks like a cheap MMO. The charecter models less impressive compared to FF7remake which did much better job with UE4.

pasterpl

So what are the next gen ps5 launch games? Spider-Man MM is coming to PS4 as well, it actually looks that xbsex will have some next gen launch exclusives while ps5 will have none. That’s actually funny.

husomc

In Spider-Man you can see the difference between cloth and leather 😂 the streaming quality doesn't give any game justic.

Final Fantasy 16 is rough and the fighting animation looks like a cheap MMO. The charecter models less impressive compared to FF7remake which did much better job with UE4.
I feel the final fantasy 16 trailer was a rush job. the beginning of the trailer and the end looks like 2 graphics settings. like started on low and ended on high. in some places the gameplay/fights looked better than the cutscenes

Sony owns the game and IP though, they're funding it all and publishing it.
MLB the Show is developed by a Sony studio and they fund it. MLB told them all consoles or they loose the license and now its coming out on Xbox. I know FROM doesn't hold ANY leverage on Sony to do that but the only other thing I can think of is PS4. So cross-gen at that point. If its coming PS4, I'll get it on PC. If it's coming on Xbox, I'll get it on PS5.

Regardless, that statement makes me rethink the purchase of it on PS5 at launch.

RaZoR No1

This might surprise you, but just because you only like PS doesn't mean that others don't want inexpensive access to the Xbox ecosystem in addition or instead of.
I like PS, you are right :D
But I also like Xbox and my post has nothing to do with what I like or not.
I even own both console brands and mainly play on Xbox..

It is just, specs wise the XSS has a bad price to power (or power to price??) ratio compared to the PS5 DE

Sony even tries to counter GPU with their PSN+ collection (even it is a much smaller and PS4 Games only sub)

I expect that the XSS will have much faster price drops and then the power /price ratio will be much better.

Currently nothing can beat GPU + XSS combo, if you want to start into the new Gen or are new to the consoles

kyliethicc

Spider-Man on PS5 is getting a full remaster. 60 FPS.

"The remaster for the PS5 is no simple up-res, as many of the game’s art assets have been completely updated to take advantage of the PS5 console’s horsepower. You’ll see better-looking characters with improved skin, eyes, hair, and facial animation (including our new, next-generation Peter Parker). You’ll also see ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows, improved lighting, more pedestrians and vehicles stretching further into the distance, and the same optional performance mode offered on Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, allowing you to finally play the game at a targeted 60fps frame rate. We’ll be supporting near-instant loading, 3D audio, and the DualSense controller’s haptic feedback. Lastly we’re adding three amazing new Spider-Man suits, new photo mode features, and even new trophies for those of you looking to Platinum the game all over again."

Last edited:

Falc67

To be entirely frank, most of it was or looked cross or current-gen, Miles Morales looks exceptional in general and yet still didn't blow me away, compared to Spidey PS4 it didn't have the level of extra next gen sheen I was hoping for; or at least, what they showed wasn't the most impressive thing, especially with it being mostly QTE and cinematic angles. The game must be ~2mths out; so some footage of Miles swinging through the city would have helped.

God Of War wasn't a "quick look"; it was a screen with some text on.

The prices were pretty much as expected.

I spent 90% of it bored tbh.

The job of a stream like this is to sell people on next-gen, it was kinda meh.

I completely agree.

Weird that they didn't say as much.

Looks Like I'll be dipping my pen in the ink of these games for the first time..

I'm scared (never played a souls game)
I've watched people play Souls games as well as watch dissections on YouTube. I made the jump once Bloodborne came out, so that was my first official Souls game experience. Let me tell you, it beat the ever living shit out of me. I seriously didn't understand what it wanted from me. After many more attempts, something clicked. I can't remember what it was, but I finally understood the language it spoke. It wasn't going to hold your hand. These games demand you speak their language and the best way is to fully immerse yourself and die. A lot.

Long story short. Bloodborne is the first and only PlayStaion game I've received a platinum trophy for. I never ended up playing any other Souls game. I feel like I played the best one, and considering the time and energy I sank into it, I had no interest in playing the others. Fast forward to toady, and from what I've just witnessed...it looks like I'm gonna have to suit up again.

icerock

https://blog.ja.playstation.com/2020/09/17/20200917-ps5/

Astro's Playroom, Demon's Souls, Destruction AllStars, Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Sackboy A Big Adventure are PS5 launch titles.

Man, Sony need to sort their communication out. This shit should've been plastered all over the conference especially given how your competition has basically zero of these.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom