• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceofspades

Banned
Where does he imply that the PS5 is stronger?

Couldn't find his quote, I remember him saying nothing has changed after Series X (oh what a terrible name) reveal. Also in this quote he implied that SerX eats (X) for breakfast, he could have said eats PS5 if nothing changed.

TBiddy

Couldn't find his quote, I remember him saying nothing has changed after Series X (oh what a terrible name) reveal. Also in this quote he implied that SerX eats (X) for breakfast, he could have said eats PS5 if nothing changed.

Agreed on the name. Microsoft could learn a thing or two from Sony there. I don't think you can deduce anything from his post, though.

R600

Banned
Klee confirmed 12TF but rejected notion that PS5 is ~13TF.

Weird math from him considering he said advantage is ~1-10%

pawel86ck

Banned
IMHO new xbox looks really ugly (like a trashbin or fridge) but if that's what it takes to eat monsters for breakfast than I can accept it😉.

I wasnt expecting reveal so soon, and I should be happy, but unfortunately this reveal leaves a room for interpretation. Lockhart wasnt confirmed just yet, but Xbox series X could imply more than one SKU. Also GPU 8x xbox one power and 2x power over xbox X can still mean 9-10TF Navi, because 12TF Navi performance would be around 14-15TF Vega, so 11x xbox one, and 2.5x xbox x. However Klee has said it's RDNA and windows central leak also mention RDNA, so I think 12TF Navi is probably what they are aiming for after all... but I want official confirmation before I will open the champagne.

Last edited:
iirc he just said that its faster then Scarlett by ~10%.

He also said the difference was "within" 10% one another. We could be talking about 5 o 7%.

He compared the power difference to the Xbox One OG (1.31 Tflops) vs Xbox One S (1.41 Tflops) which is about 7~8% and also coincides with the rumours of Ps5 having a slight edge over XSX (what a dumb name)

sinnergy

There it is, amazing Dieter Rams / Apple inspiration. Smart also because I bet this design lends itself to be pushed faster clocks. I thought they did very well against Sony, also seeing Godfall., which imo looked between PS4 / 5 This much power/heat must be moved very quickly. Like it a lot “less but better”

Lmao now theres whole New War on the other forum where a few trolls are claiming its 12tf gcn and not rena.

Seriously, I dont Sony and MS would implement old architecture wich is not even Ray tracing ready.

Stuart360

Lmao now theres whole New War on the other forum where a few trolls are claiming its 12tf gcn and not rena.

Seriously, I dont Sony and MS would implement old architecture wich is not even Ray tracing ready.
They are not saying its GCN, they are using what Phil said about 'twice as powerful as the OneX' and saying the OneX is GCN so Scarlet must be really about 10tf Navi as 12tf GCN would be double the OneX. Its acually a fair discussion as actual TF numbers hasnt been revealed yet. The problem is the supposed vetted 'leaker' on there has already said its 12tf RDNA.

Last edited:
They are not saying its GCN, they are using what Phil said about 'twice as powerful as the OneX' and saying the OneX is GCN so Scarlet must be really about 10tf Navi as 12tf GCN would be double the OneX. Its acually a fair discussion as actual TF numners hasnt been revealed yet. The problem is the supposed vetted 'leaker' on there has already said its 12tf RDNA.

So 10TF NAVI = 2x 6TF GCN (X ONE X) ?

IT IS 12TF NAVI OR EVEN SLIGHTLH ABOVE ACCORDING TO MY SOURCES.

BOTH MS AND Sony Will shoot higher than 11TF to beat Stadia since numbers are what impress casuals more and do well with marketing their products (they see a higher mulher, they automatically understsand this as being more Power, they dont know about that efficiency talk)

Stuart360

I think Phils 'twice as powerful as the OneX' is meaning 12tf vs 6tf, but not taking into account GCN/RDNA because either he forgot, or he's thinking 99% of the general gaming public wouldnt have a clue what GCN/RDNA even is so they are sticking to raw TF numbers.

Mass Shift

It's probably easier for them to say it's 12TFs and twice as powerful as the Xbox One X than it is to say it's a 15TF GCN equivalent.

It would just confuse people

PocoJoe

Banned
I haven't seen a single rumour that puts Sony at 10, only a rumour that puts both > 10.7 and Sony > MS.
Sony will have 14 tflop BEAST MODE console.

Sourse: me, myself and I.

It is tvtvtv, always online+kinect vol 2

Devs must like xbox, make games for 2 SKUs AND some(ms?) say they must also work on S/X??

So design games 1.4tflops in mind on The worst case scenario.

While ps5 aka the BEAST OF FUTURE will bring us epic games

Stuart360

Unless its a sizeable difference between both consoles, like 2+tf, i doubt there will be much difference between consoles. Its certainly going to be nowhere near the 40+% difference between XB1/PS4 and Pro/OneX. Even a 1tf difference probably wouldnt show any kind of difference when comparing the same games on both systems.

Stuart360

Sony will have 14 tflop BEAST MODE console.

Sourse: me, myself and I.

It is tvtvtv, always online+kinect vol 2

Devs must like xbox, make games for 2 SKUs AND some(ms?) say they must also work on S/X??

So design games 1.4tflops in mind on The worst case scenario.

While ps5 aka the BEAST OF FUTURE will bring us epic games
source.gif

Dory16

Banned
Tom Warren statement about Microsoft surprising is laughable. Microsoft show all they all have to Sony . Sony knows what to beat 1 year in advance .. nice Christmas gift to Sony IMO LOL
What part of developers have had ps5 devkits for months do you not understand? there are leaked pictures of them out there. You act as if Sony was still in front of the drawing board.

Ar¢tos

Unless its a sizeable difference between both consoles, like 2+tf, i doubt there will be much difference between consoles. Its certainly going to be nowhere near the 40+% difference between XB1/PS4 and Pro/OneX. Even a 1tf difference probably wouldnt show any kind of difference when comparing the same games on both systems.
With the diminishing returns even a 2tf difference won't look as big as the 1.3 - 1.8 we had this gen.
Going for a difference that big would be a waste of money and extra hardware stress.
I expect max 1tf difference, but most likely 0.8 or less.

McHuj

I'm hoping that the reveal of the Xbox Series X will now flush out the rest of the leaks about all the hardware features of the box. I don't think we'll get another show before E3 now from MS, but a DF article with the inner details in the spring and E3 will be all about the games again, price, and launch date.

chigstoke

Saw the Series X reveal earlier, I actually like the design of it. It's a baby PC. And if we've got systems that are genuinely serious in regards to trying to match PC level performance, then to be able to use a suitable cooling system and to fit better hardware in, I'm happy with the design.

The Hellblade 2 trailer also looks very good. Graphically looks superb, it was In Engine I realise but if we can get to anything similar to that in gameplay then Blimy O'Reilly we'll be in for a treat. Guess we wait for Sony to play their hand on their design now.

Hopefully we'll be in for a treat next gen.

MadAnon

So they avoided to say TF numbers again but only said x8 power of XBO, x2 power of XBX. Something seems fishy here. Are they actually x8, x2 TF or simply performance? If you say it's x8, x2 in TFs then just present the RDNA TF count. As I said, very fishy wording.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
So they avoided to say TF numbers again but only said 8x XBO, 2x XBX. Something seems fishy here. Are they actually x8, x2 TF or simply performance?
It was a teaser not a full reveal so numbers. The insider are all in agreement 12tf of navi rdna. Numbers next year Sony February MS no one knows yet.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Not even tht using tht game as a show piece mehhh. It looks good but then again part 1 looked great but we know it's a restrictuve, repetitive game even though I enjoyed it. I want to see other, new shit.

DJ12

It was a teaser not a full reveal so numbers. The insider are all in agreement 12tf of navi rdna. Numbers next year Sony February MS no one knows yet.
Please where has anyone said that. And I'm not refering to Tom quick math Warren who obviously heard it was 2x x one X and came up with 12.

Klee said performance will be 2 X but the tf number will be lower which goes with what we know with gcn v rdna.

Who has actually confirmed, without quick math, 12tf?

I've not seen anyone post the confirmation of this yet it seems to be accepted as a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom