• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably yes because from your sayings why do you need to obtain a ps5 from day one?any sane human beeing would choose his favotite platform to play the games he like or the exlusives he want and make comoromises to other aspects or vice versa....so whats your point exactly?
That people buy whatever they like, and you shouldn't be judgmental or trying to interpret their actions according to what fits in your repertoire?

Last edited:

Md Ray

snhxg724wao51.png

This tweet has been posted on reddit. While the tweet has been deleted now, would be interesting to know what he was refering to.

MiniatureHeartyBorer-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
It could be something about preorders opening again in much larger quantities than initially.

That fits as it gives peace of mind when retailers do open back up, somewhat. Also, Geoff kinda jumped the gun on Sony last time.

They can't be too happy with him and maybe that's why he deleted it, no matter what it is.

Last edited:
I dont know how this pans out in cpu or gpu numbers. its just clockspeeds based on cerny's talk, and its a "worst case game" scenario per cerny, for sustained performance.
I already have commented since the day they were twitted that the numbers displayed on that tweet seem to me completely out of whack.
As I said, before you decorate your Christmas tree there will be no more secrets.
Someone tell Sharkboy the worst case scenario also applies to Series X as well. They'd both downclock. I see no reason for the PS5 to run at 3.5 and 2.23.

ksdixon

I have never understood the mentality of shitting on another product to make you feel good about the product you buy.

This World is fucked up enough especially this year why try to piss people off over a plastic box?

I dont get it

It's... i can't spell... Scheleunfreude, taking pleasure in the misery of others.

I'll readily say Xbox has done well for BC and GP, I wish Sony would follow suit. And I can aknowledge where I think Sony is making missteps. But the sheer amount of B.S. slung PS5's way by rabbid Xbox fanatics just makes me think that these people aren't real gamers. They take more pleasure in spouting b.s. and seeing PS fan's reactions than they do pressuring Uncle Phill for some good games of their own.

Bots play a significant role in the shortages of PS5

Lysandros

John definitely leans more towards Playstation, but he is not a fanboy. I am a ps fanboy, he is not.

Richard is an xbox guy, but he is not a fanboy either. Alex is a fucking douchebag.
I watched quite a few retro videos of John and he always seemed to have a particular fondness for Sega Saturn. In one of his recent videos he said while he liked PS1 library, he disliked the hardware. But of course, if you compare him to Alex and Richard, he seems to be more neutral.

Imtjnotu

Let me explain the data to you again,

- RDX podcast members like to do the thing we are discussing right now. When Xbox is losing a poll they share it with their fanboys.
- They are always able to do change the results a bit, use any of the previous examples I give you as proof of that.
- Social media priorities publications that can have a bigger impact, if they were able to make a poll of a random user (300 followers) get 3,000 votes because Twitter recommended their followers that retweet, a retweet to a bigger account like Linneman's account will have a bigger display across their fans...
- All that combined with the fact that many of their fans might already follow Richard and Twitter algorithm will combine the fact that they follow an RDX member and Richard so the Tweet will be view by more people.
- I'm not saying they put ALL the votes for Xbox, but I can easily see 6,000 votes been not influenced, but votes that might not be there if the account with 24K AND 18K didn't share them.
- Linneman is followed by all types of people, I don't think he saying anything will cause any change but point out a sentiment that is already there.
- RDX members have a Regular user section, people that dislike Playstation, people that are FANBOYS of Xbox, so expecting results that favor Xbox at a high rate is normal.

Like I said before and this is my last post of today, I will keep track of the polls, and on the sales too, you know, let's see how much people want XSX after Spiderman and Horizon are cross-platform and cost 70 in next-gen...
God damn your wasting your time on this dumbass troll. Cut it out man

Vroadstar

It's... i can't spell... Scheleunfreude, taking pleasure in the misery of others.

I'll readily say Xbox has done well for BC and GP, I wish Sony would follow suit. And I can aknowledge where I think Sony is making missteps. But the sheer amount of B.S. slung PS5's way by rabbid Xbox fanatics just makes me think that these people aren't real gamers. They take more pleasure in spouting b.s. and seeing PS fan's reactions than they do pressuring Uncle Phill for some good games of their own.

You just described thegreatwhite troll perfectly🦈 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Leadbetter is a pc dork, Linemman is ps fanboy, Alex is a crysis junkie
Nobody there is an xbox fanboy, and they all cater carefully to not harm their views.

Sure, hundreds. I will gine you one:
go watch the "el clásico ", forza vs gran turismo sport "analysis"
forza 7 is a native 4k locked 60, 4k textures, surely a technical feat for a console.
gts is a game that needed checkerboard to reach 1800p, then upscale to 4k.

"Now its time to compare the games!! uhmm, lets go into photomode for gfx comparison" :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
or, after 5 years of shaming forza for 2d trees, now that they are in GTS bigtime, its a moot point :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
forza has a crystal clear image, gts has a distracting shadow creep, hey, "GTS is more ambitious" :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
the list goes on and on, but you get the point I hope...!
Wow, your persecution complex is seriously concerning. So when you’re asked to provide evidence, you tell people to watch a video instead of citing the proof directly. And even worse, you don’t even give direct quotes. Instead, you just make intentionally hyperbolic paraphrases. Wow, so unbiased...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom