• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamWeb

Why is XSX not running DMC SE at double the resolution of PS5? Why is it stuck at 1080p 60fps with ray tracing when it supposedly has double the performance when PS5 is set to profile 3?

Why are we not seeing XSX games at 4K 60fps and PS5 games at 4K 30fps? Who are you trying to fool Web?
Why did you decide XSX was stuck at 1080p 60fps? And who confirmed the similarity of the ray tracing settings?

tspW8wO.jpg
kensington lock

Felessan

so, you quoted me , calling me out for an "agenda", while in fact it is you -like the person before you- that do have the agendas.
you wrote:
<<poll is mostly useless anyway, because majority doesn't care about dark1x or similar twitters at all>> while DF has a million subscribers on youtube and has been used as undisputed reference for more than 10 years.
then you reach out even more,
<<poll promoted by xbox fans and on the twitter of guys known to have a close relationship with MS doesn't inspire confidence in reliability>>
where there is no proof of that, and on the contrary, if dark1x is one thing, he is a ps fanboy. AND we saw how he intervened when the poll was 50-50.
Now, these things are some next level bullshit! it would take a pragmatic fool to really believe what you are writing here.
Then, upon asking you for more polls, you present NOTHING but yet continue to say these incomprehensible things.
You should be more careful in the future who you are calling out for agendas, or I will have to explain to you how insecurity is easily recognized in plain sight.
You seems to be very irritated. Relax.
I do have both bias and agenda, but I am not aggresively posting here trying to downplay ps5 every day, because it just stole the show and mercilessly murdered poor xbox attempts to be relevant. And xbox fans have a strong urge to "balance" things that went way out their comfort zone in terms of popularity, mindshare and even bragging rights.
As for polls - I will say it to you again - polls with limited coverage on some random twitter are pointless and irrelevant. So I will not bother to find/do any.
For you - yes it's a nice tool to try to highlight xbox in any positive light. One of the last one in the arsenal. In reality preorders already in for PS5 and everyone know how crazy it's going on. And it's only two days when we will be able compare just how popular xbox really is. Not in some poll many not care about already (why poll when you can buy?), but in reality check of store preorders.

Soooo... did I miss the game series Sony we’re bringing back for next gen or was that rumor bullshit?

They haven't played every card. They'll show more megatons, as I'm sure FFXVI isn't the only thing they have. I expect a pretty strong State of Play at the end of the year to show what's coming in 2021.

On another musing note--

There's a couple of good reasons Xbox has creeped up in the polls.

Number 1: Truly, it isn't a bad system, really. It lacks games and they've had struggles, but they'll turn it around. They somehow survived Xbox One's disaster which was far worse.

Number 2: This is probably a lack of hope or frustration. What I mean that is the retailer fiasco burned a lot of people last week, so people feel very upset they didn't get remotely get a chance at a PS5, nor do they feel they'll be able to anytime soon(despite Sony's assauge). Even those that did get one may not get it on launch.

My best friend from college, I was finally able to save him by hotlinking Amazon when it went live. In the aftermath of that, he was selected by Sony.

Before those fortuitous circumstances, he was absolutely livid.

So, many may go with the Xbox, believing the order to the reservations gives them an easier ticket into next gen.

DaGwaphics

And it's only two days when we will be able compare just how popular xbox really is. Not in some poll many not care about already (why poll when you can buy?), but in reality check of store preorders.

I take it you know how many PS5 units have been sold and will also have this information available for Xbox? Good to be you, most of us don't know real numbers, therefore what happens in the next 2 days tells us nothing.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
They haven't played every card. They'll show more megatons, as I'm sure FFXVI isn't the only thing they have. I expect a pretty strong State of Play at the end of the year to show what's coming in 2021.

On another musing note--

There's a couple of good reasons Xbox has creeped up in the polls.

Number 1: Truly, it isn't a bad system, really. It lacks games and they've had struggles, but they'll turn it around. They somehow survived Xbox One's disaster which was far worse.

Number 2: This is probably a lack of hope or frustration. What I mean that is the retailer fiasco burned a lot of people last week, so people feel very upset they didn't get remotely get a chance at a PS5, nor do they feel they'll be able to anytime soon(despite Sony's assauge). Even those that did get one may not get it on launch.

My best friend from college, I was finally able to save him by hotlinking Amazon when it went live. In the aftermath of that, he was selected by Sony.

Before those fortuitous circumstances, he was absolutely livid.

So, many may go with the Xbox, believing the order to the reservations gives them an easier ticket into next gen.

I don’t disagree for some.. but, I can’t say I’d buy a box I didn’t initially want or have enough interest in just to get in on next gen. I do want both in my case. I can’t afford both straight away either. I got a PS5 pre order, but, if I didn’t.. I’d be pissed off.. sure.. but I want PS5 first, and in my case, i’d stick it out until I got one.

Buying a box just to get in on next gen seems hasty, or, if it’s not the box you want, foolish.

SamWeb

Because the game is releasing at 1080p 60fps? Is there a conspiracy to hold the XSX back? Don’t dodge the other part of my post either. Where are these multiplats with double the framerate on XSX?
I don't understand how your logic works. Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition - is just "remaster".
For example, dark souls remastered run on XOX and PS4 Pro at 1800p. But does this tell us about the equivalence of both systems when it comes to other games? (RDR2 maybe)

Let's wait for the tests and then get back to this conversation, ok?

Last edited:
I don't understand how your logic works. Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition - is just "remaster".
For example, dark souls remastered run on XOX and PS4 Pro at 1800p. But does this tell us about the equivalence of both systems when it comes to other games? (RDR2 maybe)

I see you have no examples at all to back up your FUD. I'll try not to waste time talking to you in future.

geordiemp

I have not seen a refutation of this information. but if it hurts your feelings, it does not mean that it is unreliable.
and your bigotry looks pretty immature too...

Does not hurt my feelings, gives me a laugh of how dumb some people are. So funny.

But continue with your FUD young timdog, I am sure someone thinking up a profile that gives ps5 5.5 TF was a real genius, they have no idea how the CPU and GPU work or function. Are we meant to be fooled by such idiocy ?

You posting it shows you have even less idea. Go read a book and educate pls.

Last edited:

xHunter

You havent posted for a month straight, not even reacted to posts and now all of a sudden you came here posting a random tweet from timdogs twitter mentions. Whose alt account is this?

I don’t disagree for some.. but, I can’t say I’d buy a box I didn’t initially want or have enough interest in just to get in on next gen. I do want both in my case. I can’t afford both straight away either. I got a PS5 pre order, but, if I didn’t.. I’d be pissed off.. sure.. but I want PS5 first, and in my case, i’d stick it out until I got one.

Buying a box just to get in on next gen seems hasty, or, if it’s not the box you want, foolish.

True, but forums aren't indicative of the whole of gaming. Gamers are fickle bunch and very much prone to frustration, especially the ones I referred to as "mainstream zombies", wherein all they ever play is Madden, NBA, Call of Duty and GTA.

I had folks reserve Xbox One when we ran out of PS4s so they could have something for a new system to play those on.

They are far more prevalent than we see on forums and exclusives do not neccesarily matter to them based on what they play. They just want new versions of those games.

geordiemp

Why not? I do not know the minimum reduction level for smartshift... Maybe you have the necessary information about this?

Maybe XSX with only 4 shader array can only make use of 10 CU and at a lower 20 % frequency will be 20 % less performance than ps5 ?

I read it on twitter thats why we see no ray tracing. Anyone can make shit up.

prove me wrong whatever.//

Staaap

Last edited:

NEbeast

So the ps5 was a 9tf console overclocked to 10, now you xbox fans are saying it drops to half that now? 5tf...... embarrassing.

mejin

What are your nerds friends talking about PS5 situation?

I actually have heard lots of shit from friends. A box friend asked how can I believe anything Jimbo says from now on...although he eats shit from Spencer since 2014. Don't have many boxed friends cause strangely they don't tolerate me. :pie_thinking:

Some friends from playstation say everything coming to ps5 will launch on ps4 later, it will be easy to port Demons Souls and Ratchet you just have to deal with less resolution, fps and bigger loadings. A few are like witch hunters right now, everything is bad after the event. Most already pre-ordered it anyway, so I always wonder if they are sane.

My pc friends are all about PC is the only place where devs can really offer their vision in its entirety ( just cause of graphics and performance like always), but now is all about how ps4 will hold back Horizon 2 on ps5 (but not on pc haha)

I pity my Nintendo friends. How can I pay 70 bucks on Demons Souls, but they already paid 60 for Mario shovelware.

And of course, playstation users who don't give a shit for any bad news or are always focusing on the good side of everything.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
True, but forums aren't indicative of the whole of gaming. Gamers are fickle bunch and very much prone to frustration, especially the ones I referred to as "mainstream zombies", wherein all they ever play is Madden, NBA, Call of Duty and GTA.

I had folks reserve Xbox One when we ran out of PS4s so they could have something for a new system to play those on.

They are far more prevalent than we see on forums and exclusives do not neccesarily matter to them based on what they play. They just want new versions of those games.

I imagine those zombies make up quite a lions share honestly, though I did forget to account for those who don’t give a shit what they play on. So there is that.

I truly think a major thing that’s increased in power over what drives this upcoming gen’s demand is social media and influencers. Between them and the pandemic, I wouldn’t be shocked to see XSS and XSX sell out pretty quickly as well.

So Sony gave the PS5 a total of 4 USB ports. The 2 on the back are clearly for external drives, various accessories (like the headset dongle) and also the new camera / PS4 camera adapter.

The USB-A on the front is primarily for the cable to recharge controllers, but likely also for compatibility with the PSVR headset cables.

So this leads me to ask.. why did Sony include that 1 USB-C port? why not just another A?

I am starting to think that the next PSVR headset will use that Type-C port.

After seeing the new images of the console and box items I am now definitely thinking that the USB-C port is for the new PSVR headset, the charge cable for the controller is just a normal USB to USB-C cable.

aaf.png

Also, I want to pick what I watch/play, rather than throw money at service and eat up whatever I'm fed. It's the very concept that I absolutely hate, over time a lot of people become complacent, lose curiosity and start consuming media just out of habit, even if it does nothing for them other than keeping their mind busy on something. It's like TV, 95% of the time you don't watch it because you genuinely like it, but because "that's what is on". I don't want to treat entertainment like fast food, where the whole strategy relies on offering the lowest price of entry for a quality that is conciously being kept just high enough to be considered acceptable.

The only subscription service of any kind I have is PS Plus, mainly because I want to be able to play online on PS4, and over the course of a year there usually are at least 2-3 games I was interested in to begin with, so I don't feel completely ripped off.
Exactly. For me, Netflix was a waste of money. Subscribe to watch one or at best two shows a year. At the end both shows end up a garbage🤣 with cliffhanger. Anyway, it is much cheaper to buy the one movie or TV show than throwing $180 a year for subscription service.

What are your nerds friends talking about PS5 situation?

I actually have heard lots of shit from friends. A box friend asked how can I believe anything Jimbo says from now on...although he eats shit from Spencer since 2014. Don't have many boxed friends cause strangely they don't tolerate me. :pie_thinking:

Some friends from playstation say everything coming to ps5 will launch on ps4 later, it will be easy to port Demons Souls and Ratchet you just have to deal with less resolution, fps and bigger loadings. A few are like witch hunters right now, everything is bad after the event. Most already pre-ordered it anyway, so I always wonder if they are sane.

My pc friends are all about PC is the only place where devs can really offer their vision in its entirety ( just cause of graphics and performance like always), but now is all about how ps4 will hold back Horizon 2 on ps5 (but not on pc haha)

I pity my Nintendo friends. How can I pay 70 bucks on Demons Souls, but they already paid 60 for Mario shovelware.

And of course, playstation users who don't give a shit for any bad news or are always focusing on the good side of everything.

Ask them how the port begging for Spiderman and Demons Souls is going

SamWeb

You havent posted for a month straight, not even reacted to posts and now all of a sudden you came here posting a random tweet from timdogs twitter mentions. Whose alt account is this?
Do I have to have a regular visit to inspire confidence? And I regularly read here a lot non-verification inforamation... The reaction seems to depend on the information content. it seems strange to me.

Last edited:

xHunter

Do I have to have a regular visit to inspire confidence? And I regularly read here a lot non-verification inforamation... The reaction seems to depend on the information content.
You dont, but if someone reactivates an account to post some console warrior bs it raises a lot of flags. Also, if you have been reading this thread regularly you would have seen the posts about the very same topic. Why post it again.

I imagine those zombies make up quite a lions share honestly, though I did forget to account for those who don’t give a shit what they play on. So there is that.

I truly think a major thing that’s increased in power over what drives this upcoming gen’s demand is social media and influencers. Between them and the pandemic, I wouldn’t be shocked to see XSS and XSX sell out pretty quickly as well.

The pandemic has and will continue to exacerbate demand, especially as we head into Fall and Winter wherein many choose to be indoors more often, especially so with flu and Covid both existing.

Games will continue to see a big boon in sales as they have so far.

John definitely leans more towards Playstation, but he is not a fanboy. I am a ps fanboy, he is not.

Richard is an xbox guy, but he is not a fanboy either. Alex is a fucking douchebag.
Leadbetter is a pc dork, Linemman is ps fanboy, Alex is a crysis junkie
Nobody there is an xbox fanboy, and they all cater carefully to not harm their views.

Really? Got any examples of his fanboyism?
Sure, hundreds. I will gine you one:
go watch the "el clásico ", forza vs gran turismo sport "analysis"
forza 7 is a native 4k locked 60, 4k textures, surely a technical feat for a console.
gts is a game that needed checkerboard to reach 1800p, then upscale to 4k.

"Now its time to compare the games!! uhmm, lets go into photomode for gfx comparison" :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
or, after 5 years of shaming forza for 2d trees, now that they are in GTS bigtime, its a moot point :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
forza has a crystal clear image, gts has a distracting shadow creep, hey, "GTS is more ambitious" :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
the list goes on and on, but you get the point I hope...!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom