• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
You should ask Xbox to share Xbox One sales first, the transparent company.
Well you keep looking for sales figures when they have recurring revenue from game pass. It's like you Sony fanboys still don't get it. It's not about the hardware.

Did you not follow the news? Ms tried to launch a weak ass halo on xbox / gsmepass with some last gen effects. And if not for the total fallout (see what I did there?) From the interwebs. They would have launch rushed this beloved franchise and it would crash and burn. Don't think Microsoft had any other choose but to do what they did, they were forced to.
You have no proof of that at all. That's your personal interpretation of what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

TLZ

Banned
You have no proof of that at all. That's your personal interpretation of what happened. Typical...
What do you mean no proof man? Wasn't Halo infinite a launch game as announced? Wasn't it shown and sucked? Didn't it receive a massive backlash? Didn't it get delayed til next year? Didn't MS publicly say this? Didn't they hire more studios to help better the game? You're telling us this never happened?

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
What do you mean no proof man? Wasn't Halo infinite a launch game as announced? Wasn't it shown and sucked? Didn't it receive a massive backlash? Didn't it get delayed til next year? Didn't MS publicly say this? Didn't they hire more studios to help better the game? You're telling us this never happened?
I'm saying that Microsoft would have done this regardless of the backlash. They also know that the state the game was currently in, was not good enough to release. So they postponed it to give the developers more time.

Sony fanboys keeps saying that due to Game Pass, Microsoft won't care about quality and all games will be AA. It's ridiculous, and based on nothing but their own insecurities.

So it’s 15m vs 110M ps4’s??

That’s shit.
I don't think you can compare them, but 2 years of game pass is worth more than 1 PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm saying that Microsoft would have done this regardless of the backlash. They also know that the state the game was currently in, was not good enough to release. So they postponed it to give the developers more time.

Sony fanboys keeps saying that due to Game Pass, Microsoft won't care about quality and all games will be AA. It's ridiculous, and based on nothing but their own insecurities.

I don't think you can compare them, but 2 years of game pass is worth more than 1 PS4.

looooooooool.jpg

The emoticons available couldn't do it justice.

Shmunter

How so, a PS4 has potential to attract psn+, 1st party game sales, royalties on 3rd party game sales, movies & tv royalties, and peripherals. Gamepass is just the subscription, and implies user continuity - which may not be the case.

It’s an ecosystem vs a subscription that can sit within a ecosystem at best.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
How so, a PS4 has potential to attract psn+, 1st party game sales, royalties on 3rd party game sales, movies & tv royalties, and peripherals. Gamepass is just the subscription, and implies user continuity - which may not be the case.

It’s an ecosystem vs a subscription that can sit within a ecosystem at best.
The potential, yes, but not necessarily. Game Pass is available on way more systems than that their are PS consoles.

Every Microsoft communication on strategy in the past few years is that they don’t care where you play, just get Game Pass and play wherever you want. Which is why they don’t care that much about hardware sales, they don’t need it for their long term strategy.

Lmao is that the story now? Phil was ready to sell you that piece of shit.
Lmao, the Bethesda acquisition really got you guys shook.

xacto

Youtubers in Japan will get hands-on with the PS5 on 18:00 JST on October 4th

UI reveal incoming. 😉

October 4th... that'd be nice of them to show it.

Or just let it pass another month and we will see for ourselves when we boot up the console.

Shmunter

The potential, yes, but not necessarily. Game Pass is available on way more systems than that their are PS consoles.

Every Microsoft communication on strategy in the past few years is that they don’t care where you play, just get Game Pass and play wherever you want. Which is why they don’t care that much about hardware sales, they don’t need it for their long term strategy.

Lmao, the Bethesda acquisition really got you guys shook.
I agree with you on the MS strategy, it’s plainly in front of us. Even now xcloud is available to more people than there are PlayStations I’m sure. Cloud gaming interest is another matter in the time we live in.

But your potential on a PS4 console comment I must pull you up on. On balance, the consoles are there to create the eco system and rake it in over their lifetime - if this were not the case, there would be no business.

Sw0pDiller

You have no proof of that at all. That's your personal interpretation of what happened.
Sure is have no Crystal ball to see what "could have happened" but, why on earth would Microsoft hype up the reveal with lots of loving and praising words calling it a launch game and then under force delay it? My only explantion is they thought it to be good/expensive enough and release it allready...

Sw0pDiller

Keep on dreaming about how "YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE AN EASY PASS TO ELDER SCROLLS, STARFIELD, etc just like fable"
like YOU originally quoted me to tell me,
and during that sleep time you might even understand who the troll under shock really is.
Not only did i feed her, i got her to shout out! damn sorry guys if i let her woke your babies or let the neighbours dog barks in the middle of the night. This girl is something else. I kinda find it a releaf that i'm am on her block list.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I agree with you on the MS strategy, it’s plainly in front of us. Even now xcloud is available to more people than there are PlayStations I’m sure. Cloud gaming interest is another matter in the time we live in.

But your potential on a PS4 console comment I must pull you up on. On balance, the consoles are there to create the eco system and rake it in over their lifetime - if this were not the case, there would be no business.
Well Sony needs to sell consoles, Microsoft not necessarily. It helps of course with Game Pass sales, but since you can get Game Pass on PC and Mobile it's not needed.

Sure is have no Crystal ball to see what "could have happened" but, why on earth would Microsoft hype up the reveal with lots of loving and praising words calling it a launch game and then under force delay it? My only explantion is they thought it to be good/expensive enough and release it allready...
Because like the devs said, there was a mismatch between marketing and engineers. The engineers would never have been able to ship it, and eventually marketing would have to slow down and postpone it anyway.

TBiddy

Not only did i feed her, i got her to shout out! damn sorry guys if i let her woke your babies or let the neighbours dog barks in the middle of the night. This girl is something else. I kinda find it a releaf that i'm am on her block list.

Considering you spend most of your time on Gaf talking about something you don't like, this high-horse position of yours seems a little out of place.

Shmunter

Well Sony needs to sell consoles, Microsoft not necessarily. It helps of course with Game Pass sales, but since you can get Game Pass on PC and Mobile it's not needed.

Because like the devs said, there was a mismatch between marketing and engineers. The engineers would never have been able to ship it, and eventually marketing would have to slow down and postpone it anyway.
Do we know the ratio of gamepass subscriptions PC only Vs Console Only Vs Mobile?

We will then know how important or unimportant the hardware is. For now at least.

Vroadstar

This is how it went...

I think it's typical attitude even here on GAF, some fans suddenly insane and 100 times better about Bethesda games when previously it's trashfire and reservations :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Before acquisition..
I'm excited for both. I still love BGS WRPGs bugs and all, but Liked Skyrim the least of all their RPGs and after Fallout 76 I have some reservations about Bethesda games.

I think I will probably nope out on the FO 76 trashfire

After...
OMG! OMG! It's just hitting ---- Xbox owns Fallout and Edler Scrolls. This is insane and 100 times better than WB would have been.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Do we know the ratio of gamepass subscriptions PC only Vs Console Only Vs Mobile?

We will then know how important or unimportant the hardware is. For now at least.
No, Microsoft doesn't disclose those figures.

I think it's typical attitude even here on GAF, some fans suddenly insane and 100 times better about Bethesda games when previously it's trashfire and reservations :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Before acquisition..

After...

No surprises there at all seeing who that is.

Let them pray for an AAA Starfield, Elder Scrolls and Fallout in 2023, 2025 and 2027 whilst everyone else can start next gen next month with the PS5 :)

TBiddy

Before acquisition..
After...

I've always thought you were quite annoying, but now you're just an asshole. At least have the decency to quote the entire post.

This is what you wrote:

I think I will probably nope out on the FO 76 trashfire

This is the actual quote, where you conveniently left out the part that didn't fit your narrative.

Fallout 3 (tied with Reach) is my favorite game of all time, but I think I will probably nope out on the FO 76 trashfire

What the fuck?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I bet it’s primarily on Xbox. On pc there is open competition, mobile is too casual, on Xbox it’s pretty much THE offering.

Wonder how Apple Arcade subs are going.
Think so too, although I don't think PC will be so far behind Xbox since they've been pushing a lot on Game Pass for PC with 1$ deals

Elog

Honestly - why are people so riled up about the Bethesda acquisition? And a lot of people talk about this as if Sony will roll up and die and MS will dominate the planet.

Let's get a few things straight:

1) MS has bought a publisher for a significant amount of money. The publisher in question - Bethesda - is to some extent in decline
2) This industry is dominated by content. Whoever has good games makes money

I do not know where this will end but as of right now, Nintendo and Sony sits on the majority of good games and there is nothing that indicates that will not continue. As long as they continue to develop good games they are fine.

The question is if MS can turn it around and actually develop good games. I certainly do not have the answer to this question, but remain sceptical that acquisitions will change any of that. Historically acquiring talent works really poorly and MS has a crap track-record in managing acquired assets.

Everything that this forum claims that MS does right is the opposite of what Nintendo is doing and Nintendo is the most profitable hardware/software developer around. That should be some food for thought for the cheerleaders of this transaction. There is a high likelihood that this transaction ultimately will only benefit one group and that is the bankers that advised on the deal.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Random thoughts collected from past few days:

Previously, daddy MS hasn't opened the purse strings for XB division or Surface division. So it was a case where XB had to work on their own merit. There were ways to do that which would have garnered some respect, like sticking RARE on a new Banjo game after the success of Crash and Spyro Remastered. but obviously that wasn't the route MS took, because ultimately they're not interested in bigging up the XB, but GP instead. Hence the first round of 12-odd studios, and putting them to work on smaller AA titles for GP filler.

Now, obviously with Bethesda-gate, this status quo has changed. If XB now have access to MS'S level of "fuck you money" like that, then presumably next purchase could be anyone willing to sell. Personally, I think SEGA would be devastating in an overall sense. You don't just get SEGA, you get Atlus and their publishing arm. You potentially get to rip PS-associated franchise's like Yakuza and Persona away, and there's some similar franchise's that are currently Nintendo-associated, who's name escapes me right now.

I'm unsure if MS would rip games away from the larger PS/NS playerbases, or just sell to those larger markets and collect royalties (I don't think royalties is the right word, but MS would get the lion's share of the purchase price).

As for the Bethesda deal itself, for me personally, those franchise's don't interest me much, but I can appreciate that it's a big move, and important to some, depending on if MS start holding those games behind an XB/PC ransom wall. It's nice to see MS finally being competitive, even if there's some level of shade because MS haven't put any... effort into competing and have just bought their ability to play catch-up. It's not like they invested in building new IP's, similar to Sony's days Gone, TLOU, GOT etc.

With XCloud rolling-out to mobiles, and the deal for it to come loaded onto new Samsung TV's, I still believe that MS are eventually wanting to get out of the console hardware business all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom