• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotnotbot

inb4 Whole PS5 is so big because it's entire cooling system is passive and that fan is just for an external nmve 👀

jk

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Love to see his response

He has seen stuff and I havent angered the Gods yet.

I wont make outlandish claims unless I can prove something even if its behind the curtains and just hope thats good enough for the masses.

But thats all I will say about any bias there.

I have said my peace and that subject is dead to me moving forward.

I still watch about every video they put out.

sircaw

Banned
He has seen stuff and I havent angered the Gods yet.

I wont make outlandish claims unless I can prove something even if its behind the curtains and just hope thats good enough for the masses.

But thats all I will say about any bias there.

I have said my peace and that subject is dead to me moving forward.

I still watch about every video they put out.

You can tell me i won't tell a soul i promise. Scouts honor, Brownies too. :messenger_smiling_hearts:

You got the cash people, message me, i got a scoop. :messenger_grinning:

How can you spin something that is measurable and repeatable by other parties? Digital Foundry aren't the only people who can pixel count and measure frame rates. So if they are lying about the results then where are the results from other parties that contradict them?
weren't they downplaying the downsides of sub 1080p resolution from xbox one during the early days of the ps4 xbox one generation?

an example

Series S doing dynamic 4k lol.
Truly lol.

If we go to 1440p on later titles of next gen, we might see dynamic 1080p on the series s. It also lacks the ram to hold 4k assets even for last gen games xbox one x versions.
It doesn't scale like that.

X1X is 6 Tflops, what was Xbox 360........now go and check the benchmarks for GTA IV and get back to me.
xbox 360 is power pc and has to be emulated. Xbox one is x86 and it should essentially be able to run with almost no change in the new console.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So I havent been keeping up with everything but has anyone worked out the size of that fan in the background in relationship to that keyboard?
qB7zZwN.jpg

Lysandros

~Better resolution on XOX, better texture on PRO...

And take into considereation the delta between those two in GPU (40%), CPU and RAM (4 gigs more)

Will be funny to see much more of that in PS5/XSX compariosions due XSS

XOX doesn't have better resolution, they are both 1080P. XOX performs better, PS4 pro has better textures as you said. PS4 is 1080P and also has better performance than XboxOne (900P). PS4 running at higher resolutions than XboxOne while having better framerates was very common this generation, indicating that the real world performance was greater than just 40%, probably around 50%.

kyliethicc

So I havent been keeping up with everything but has anyone worked out the size of that fan in the background in relationship to that keyboard?
qB7zZwN.jpg

There's a thread where they say it's around 140mm. So it doesn't appear to be a small one.
XSX has a 120 or 130 mm axial fan. PS4 had around 85 mm centrifugal fan. A 130-140 mm for how big the PS5 is makes sense.

Last edited:

Lysandros

You wait till the digital foundry reviews come out for multiplats, a lot of xbox fans have got all there chips in on that.

Just imagine there is no difference, or god forbid ps5 comes out better.

This place will be carnage.
There is always the route of the lower internal resolutions based on their (DF) feelings so..

xacto

I would estimate the keyboard to be 150mm/6inches wide/deep and I would eyeball the metal fan cover to be ~125mm diameter with ~100mm for the fan itself (I believe the fans for a RTX 3090 are 110mm for comparison).

Maybe the keyboard is one of the smaller-format ones, and it will throw us off the mark here...

VargasPaPuM

we
Microsoft sent units to Japanese reviewers too though, earlier than Sony as well

Just confirmed that MS Sent to entire world not sony. Soo whatever people send before about no xbox in japan is not correct. looks like Sony doesn't care about west. I want to see a review in English

THE:MILKMAN

Maybe the keyboard is one of the smaller-format ones, and it will throw us off the mark here...

It could be but it looks very similar to my own keyboard to be honest. I still think it is possible the cooling solution is the one that means a motherboard sandwiched between two HSF, one bigger one for the APU/RAM and another smaller one for the SSD flash chips and controller on the opposite side. PS5 is big/thick enough to do that.

Not fussed either way as long as reviews say it is as quiet as XSX is said to be so far.

LED Guy?

Banned
That's what I feel about Google's Stadia, it's a trash service with no console, wrote this tweet because Google came out cocky with their "Say goodbye to downloads, installs, and wait times." messaging.

Nowcry

What the fuck.....ps4 saves won’t transfer over on dirt5 and Yakuza to ps5

thought it was a joke

I am not sure what causes this.

Could it be that the old saves with Keys filtered by the Scene are played directly on PS5 (in PS5 mode)?

Maybe the games before X.xx system version are compromised and to avoid the possible key leak by brute force by having two comparatives they are simply useless?

It's a speculation of mine.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I am not sure what causes this.

Could it be that the old saves with Keys filtered by the Scene are played directly on PS5 (in PS5 mode)?

Maybe the games before X.xx system version are compromised and to avoid the possible key leak by brute force by having two comparatives they are simply useless?

It's a speculation of mine.
That could make sense of the others PS games didn’t transfer too.

reksveks

You have no idea. Journalists are doing it since the invention of newspapers. But measurable you say ? This is their last video title:

Does it seem like a statement about some pixel or fps ? I mean, XBX is 6tflops, XSX is 12tflops and the results (from their cherry picked games) are showing from 1.5 to 2x better performance. Objectively the BC performance is just about what was expected, even lower than expected in some cases. But no, according to them, the performance is extreme.

Cause games can still have a capped frame rate, I think most games that was unlocked on one x cause it was greater than 30fps still had a max cap of 60fps maybe due to hdmi 2.0b limitation. They could also have other bottlenecks. Really we need to see how old ps4 games runs on the ps5 however that's also partially a Sony marketing issue if they haven't sent out a unit to those guys already.

reksveks

What the fuck.....ps4 saves won’t transfer over on dirt5 and Yakuza to ps5

thought it was a joke

I don't know what the reasonable default position is for consumers to have on cross gen saves for games like cyberpunk or assassin creed.

Also the black controller looks really shit and can't put my finger on it, might be the finish.

Redlight

Yesh let it go he's already apologized for any truths that may have offended you

He's already shared it. Plus he sent it to the mods.

If you have an issue with what he shares with us then I suggest talking to an admin about it.

...or, how about I take it up with the person posting the material rather than involve a mod?

It's a simple principle. I think that if you have insider info and you can share it, great. Get it verified and off you go!
If you can't share it, also fine, but keep it to yourself rather than making vague hints and then refusing to clarify.

...or, how about I take it up with the person posting the material rather than involve a mod?

It's a simple principle. I think that if you have insider info and you can share it, great. Get it verified and off you go!
If you can't share it, also fine, but keep it to yourself rather than making vague hints and then refusing to clarify.

There's a third option

Stop crying and press ignore if you don't like what he's sharing

Just ignore him if you don't like what he shares. Some of us do appreciate HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 insight here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom