• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riky

$MSFT
How can you spin something that is measurable and repeatable by other parties? Digital Foundry aren't the only people who can pixel count and measure frame rates. So if they are lying about the results then where are the results from other parties that contradict them?

sircaw

Banned
I have faith in the PS5's cooling solution, Mark Cerny's comments were pretty telling that they wanted a capable cooling solution. My hope is it runs whisper quiet.

when do those Japanese youtube people go live, surely if it's loud it will be the first thing they will comment on or we will hear.

Whats very loud in Japanese?

I only know Hi and Godzilla.

Last edited:

jose4gg

How can you spin something that is measurable and repeatable by other parties? Digital Foundry aren't the only people who can pixel count and measure frame rates. So if they are lying about the results then where are the results from other parties that contradict them?

The problem is that DF isn't lying the problem is they are not releasing critical information of both consoles, they are only judging one the way the should,

Did you see the FPS counter in the Minecraft demos? No
Did you see the FPS counter in the Demons Souls demo? Yes.

I don't care if I'm wrong, I'm not console warring. I'm using a Mark Cerny avatar yet I think GPU wise the XSX is stronger. I'm ok if I turn out to be wrong 🤷‍♂️
I remember months ago I posted the question:
What would the "most powerful" narrative be if multiplatform games run at a little bit higher resolution on the XSX but textures and such look more detailed on the PS5?

saintjules

Is this guy actually allowed to sell it as he claims? Sounds Dodgy as hell and potentially problematic if Sony decides to block the system.

Edit: Eh, looks like he deleted it.

Edit 2: took a screenshot.

87IOj3V.jpg

Where is the 2nd shot from?

Riky

$MSFT
The problem is that DF isn't lying the problem is they are not releasing critical information of both consoles, they are only judging one the way the should,

Did you see the FPS counter in the Minecraft demos? No
Did you see the FPS counter in the Demons Souls demo? Yes.

The Ray Tracing Series X demo?

Faithless83

Banned
Ahh yes. Questioning a random guy on the internet now equals hurting. I think that questioning a rather wild accusation is the right thing to do, but hey, each to their own.
What I meant by "already hurting" is that MS has shown little to no impressive things so far.

It's clear for a while how much love they get from MS and how little Sony is giving them. Choosing Verge for the interviews and such.

But if that pattern flew over your head so far and you are doubting an insider for it, fine.
There is a lot of things he can't straight up say, for obvious reasons.

That said, I'm just a random guy on the internet. :messenger_sunglasses:

sircaw

Banned
What I meant by "already hurting" is that MS has shown little to no impressive things so far.

It's clear for a while how much love they get from MS and how little Sony is giving them. Choosing Verge for the interviews and such.

But if that pattern flew over your head so far and you are doubting an insider for it, fine.
There is a lot of things he can't straight up say, for obvious reasons.

That said, I'm just a random guy on the internet. :messenger_sunglasses:

I have faith in you err Faithless :messenger_grinning:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
1440p is good enough for budget console not the flagship one. Dynamic 4K is okay for xbox series s but it is something that many would be disappointed on Xbox series x. this might change over next 3-4 years but in 2020 native 4K for flagship console should be requirement. If there will be sub 4K games on Xbox series x I will be disappointed, I have got 4K tv that support 120hz

Series S doing dynamic 4k lol.

Coolaid overdose :messenger_confounded:

Infinite on the X* is dynamic ffs

*PC targetting X specs because no real next-gen X demo exists outside minecraft and that indie game

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
The video was encoded at 30fps, but the hardware itself didn't run it like that...

And? They were in an office at Microsoft, how did you expect them to analyse the footage there with no way of doing so?

You said they didn't frame count on that video, they explained why at the beginning of the video, how does it prove anything at all?

saintjules

Is it odd that certain Youtubers got different embargo dates from each other for the Series X? People like Grubb talked about his experience earlier in the week and there's others that just got theirs, but can't talk about it yet.

I can already see the soccer moms and clueless dads asking for an xbox one series x at the best buy

Mother-in-law nearly bought the Xbox One SAD for £350 on amazon for her youngest daughter. Actually called it the Xbox One Series S lmao

I was never really that convinced there'd be as much confusion as people claimed, but then that happened lol.

Last edited:
You have no idea. Journalists are doing it since the invention of newspapers. But measurable you say ? This is their last video title:

Xbox Series X Backwards Compatibility Tested - And The Performance Is Extreme

Does it seem like a statement about some pixel or fps ? I mean, XBX is 6tflops, XSX is 12tflops and the results (from their cherry picked games) are showing from 1.5 to 2x better performance. Objectively the BC performance is just about what was expected, even lower than expected in some cases. But no, according to them, the performance is extreme.

Last edited:
It was pretty obvious what I said.

Do I think they straight up lie about things? No

Do I think they are slick at what they do and have reasons to put one console in a better light then the other? 100% know it for a fact.
Hold up for a second. Guess I haven't been reading every post on this massive thread, but are you saying for a fact that Digital Foundry are purposely leaning team green and downplaying team blue?

Riky

$MSFT
You have no idea. Journalists are doing it since the invention of newspapers. But measurable you say ? This is their last video title:

Does it seem like a statement about some pixel or fps ? I mean, XBX is 6tflops, XSX is 12tflops and the results (from their cherry picked games) are showing from 1.5 to 2x better performance. Objectively the BC performance is just about what was expected, even lower than expected in some cases. But no, according to them, the performance is extreme.

It doesn't scale like that.

X1X is 6 Tflops, what was Xbox 360........now go and check the benchmarks for GTA IV and get back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom