• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheContact

Was this posted yet?

edit: guy doesn’t source anything, probably bs
pJigOrc.png

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

she clearly states that's the third time it has happened in a game this week. Those three times had nothing to do with an update or she would have said that. she clearly states it gave a Black screen,

Then the last game crashes.

There are more crashes on that xbox dashboard than in the new dirt gameplay trailer. FACT.

Are we debating whether or not both systems are getting a day zero OS update? I think they both will and the OS in the retail boxes right now is just about good enough to get you to the update screen. OS always get finalized super late on these because its the one thing you can continue to work on after production starts, so it is intentionally pushed to the back of the line.

FunkMiller

Yes, that's exactly why it has screen tearing. Now it would be nice to know why the frame rate fluctuates in a game which isn't graphically demanding nor impressive.

Are there actually people sat in Microsoft marketing right now going:

”We are perfectly happy with the only next gen game footage of our ultra powerful new games console being a cross gen game with loads of screen tearing and appalling textures at higher frame rates.” ?

Where’s Scorn running at 4k?
Where‘s Bright Memory at 60fps?

Where is anything other than this shit?

sircaw

Banned
Are we debating whether or not both systems are getting a day zero OS update? I think they both will and the OS in the retail boxes right now is just about good enough to get you to the update screen. OS always get finalized super late on these because its the one thing you can continue to work on after production starts, so it is intentionally pushed to the back of the line.

i am sure it will be fixed, we still got 4 weeks to go, a lot can happen in that time.

Shio

I guess this collab with DF was "fake" after all? How can gears 5 be running on the XSX 8months, but not on the XSX 8 months later? LOL

Just because it's running doesn't mean it's ready for public consumption, maybe Microsoft want to add extra stuff to take advantage of the loading/graphics etc and thus isn't ready at the moment. If it was just direct emulation then it would be easy to add it to the list but as they are adding extra bells and whistles maybe they need some extra time for that?

sinnergy

Are there actually people sat in Microsoft marketing right now going:

”We are perfectly happy with the only next gen game footage of our ultra powerful new games console being a cross gen game with loads of screen tearing and appalling textures at higher frame rates.” ?

Where’s Scorn running at 4k?
Where‘s Bright Memory at 60fps?

Where is anything other than this shit?
In the road map for later ... give people in COVID times a change to polish stuff up , unite ! It are harsh times and be kind ! ❤️

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Guessing that box artwork pretty much confirms MS were basically banking on Halo being their main launch title then!

Halo and Master Chief are the face of XBOX. Even as an eventual release, all current ads on TV that feature XSX show Master Chief. It’s not necessarily that it was them just banking on it as a launch title. Marketing plans could have adjusted to exclude it. They just don’t want to.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Thanks to my friend @zaitsu again, here is a more accurate calculator for PS5's loading:

kZJedMm.gif

NOTE: this is a frame calculator, 60fps = 1 sec. So if there is a frame drop or so in the video it could just make it look it's taking longer. Just so you know.
Finally, I was getting annoyed at all the 4 seconds chat yesterday. I just kept getting triggered and frustrated that, if only that player was mashing the X button, people will have realised the truth. Glad someone has made this clear.

Last edited:
WELCOME BACK, not see you in a while, you naughty naughty boy. :messenger_grinning:
I got banned for making a thread about a mistake ars technia and Engadget made .

Mod of War Mod of War i got banned for posting a thread based on ars technica and Engadget article and tweets. Is it my fault if they made a mistake?

There is a mod that his name starts with O who is chasing me everywhere. I posted not all xbox games seem to be BC at launch and here was their tweet and article.
This guy is editor of cnet .
RL4O9r2.jpg

pzqIvLK.jpg

Sure it is their mistake and all will be BC but the minute these news were posted no one knew and this isnwhat they reported. So why should I be banned for this ? To whom can I speak about this??he could have easily just closed the thread eventhough the article from Engadget suggested other wise .

Last edited:
What's wrong with the 120fps fad as an option? If no one uses it, so be it, but let it be there for those that find it important.

With that said, Dirt hasn't impressed graphically in a loooooooooooooong time, so this was kind of what I expected. We'll get direct side-by-side comparisons for all the games soon, if Xbox looks bad in comparison to PS5 we'll know.

There's nothing wrong with it unless you actively target it and make your game look like doggy doo doo in the process.

reksveks

Pl1
Isnt that Allanah pearce, it sounds exactly like her.

It is which is kinda funny when you see the other stupid thread on this forum that one of her video's started.

It's almost as if this stupidity about ethnic in games journalism is overblown.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
You can start by saying where I was wrong. Seriously. There were 3 points the tweet made, I said why they were bs, so feel free to call me out on my bs. What did I say that was so wrong on all of those points?

Not sure how the new OS will handle quick resume if there is an update. I'm also not 100% sure if the game was already in a quick resume state.
1. State of Decay crashed on first try and on second try it prompted for update

2. Fable Anniversary crashed, and on second try no prompt for updates so that's not why SOD crashed

3. Halo MCC has not been said to have an enhanced patch. It just isn't supported for BC yet. Reports state that 200 games were supported but increased to 500 so its a batch process. Nobody knows what percentage will be supported. Microsoft needs to be transparent about that. We do know right off the jump, games that require Kinect will not work unlike PS5 that supports PSVR games.

4. 99.75% of PS4 games are supported right off the jump. And that number will increase to 100% because it looks like Sony contacted those devs about it.

Not to take anything away from Xbox BC team because they are doing a great job going back title by title to make games compatible and with some enhancements. But Xbox One supports 4% (39) of OG Xbox games out of 1001 games according to wiki. There are currently 50 PS2 games on PSN for PS4. Granted you have to pay for those and you cannot put your PS2 disc in order to claim them. Xbox 360 games 594 out of 2000 games that is 30%.

That is not how Sony likes to do things going by history. PS2 had near 100% BC with PS1 out of near 8000 PS1 games, roughly 50 was incompatible. PS3 has near 100% BC with PS1 and roughly 90% of PS2 games. PSP near 100% of PS1 games on PSN, PS Vita near 100% of PSP and PS1 games on PSN. See where I'm going with this? Whenever Sony has worked to add BC, they have made sure at least 90% of games are supported. I see a lot of people bragging about Microsoft BC with 3 generation well it is 4% of OG Xbox and 30% of 360. When Sony did it, it was near 100% of PS1 and PS2. PS Vita also near 100% of PSP and PS1.

Last edited:
3. Halo MCC has not been said to have an enhanced patch. It just isn't supported for BC yet. Reports state that 200 games were supported but increased to 500 so its a batch process. Nobody knows what percentage will be supported. Microsoft needs to be transparent about that. We do know right off the jump, games that require Kinect will not work unlike PS5 that supports PSVR games.

Richard from DF confirmed 500 games originally, increased by another 500 each weekend leading to launch.

These are limitations placed artificially on the pre-release test hardware. We've already had it confirmed Xbox Series will support the entire Xbox library of BC at launch.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
BTW, guys, 4K quality mode of DIRT 5 on XSX seems like might not even be 4K at 4K@60fps mode. You don't even need to zoom, You can easily see the aliasing in the car. Could be VRS as well:

vlcsnap-2020-10-12-16h33m13s703.png

All are PNG files, extracted from the WebM files of this video:

Screenshot from youtube: You can see some screen tearing to the right.

vlcsnap-2020-10-12-16h33m13s703-2.png

Last edited:
BTW, guys, 4K quality mode of DIRT 5 on XSX seems like might not even be 4K at 4K@60fps mode. You don't even need to zoom, You can easily see the aliasing in the car. Could be VRS as well:

Damn . Thats unfortunate.

Bigger issue is that when u talk 2 years about power, u should not rely on 3rd parties to do ur job.

GreyHand23

More likely that it's just dynamic resolution so it probably aggressively drops resolution to try and hold framerates.

Orky

Banned

Of course it’s not 4K, if you make a Screenshot of a 1080p Video with very low Bitrate using VLC.

just look at the Blocks on the Right. Of course it’s just FUD. But what to expect from someone with a Sony logo as an avatar?

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Kinect Adaptor. They did it for this gen, they could have used the same.
Do you think that makes sense? I don't even want it, and I've got a Kinect in my cupboard. I don't think anyone really is sad about the XSX not supporting this.

Is that a bug with the shadows on the car?

Looks like someone just chopped them at a certain point and just moved them over.

Overall the game is looking pretty rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom