• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil Spencer still can't decide if Bethesda's games will be exclusive to Xbox or not

Phil Spencer still can't decide if Bethesda's games will be exclusive to Xbox or not

Pretty sure they are waiting to see how the PS5 sells first before making a decision. They could end up losing a lot of money if they exclude Zenimax games from playstation.

giphy.gif

ethomaz

Banned

I'm sure he wants all exclusives but there are investors board that doesn't want to lose the high revenue.
So I believe it is a political internal issue.

He is the fence because he wants to make the Xbox fans happy saying it will be exclusive and the investors board happy saying it could come to PS.

Phil is that guy... he will always say whatever you want to hear no matter it is true or false.

Last edited:

Lol. The deal isn't final....

Riky

$MSFT

He said just today, it's illegal for him to dictate policy until the deal is finalised next year. Then he can cancel the Playstation versions 🤣🤣

marvifrom

I'm pretty sure he's waiting on Satya Nadella's opinion on this matter.

ethomaz

Banned
Another gameplay running on xsx having severe popin issues . Wtf is up with the popins in this , dift5 and halo ?

P.s. Just watch the video . I don't care if u like the person posting it or not. Video is there to be watched .

That video is from RTX not Series X.

Edit - Dammit you changed the video.

Last edited:
He said just today, it's illegal for him to dictate policy until the deal is finalised next year. Then he can cancel the Playstation versions 🤣🤣

Zenimax is a big publisher so they will think about whether it's worth making the games exclusive or not.

Riky Riky do you have an intelligent rebuttal or are you just going to keep posting LOLs because you don't have any?

Last edited:
Reality is you cant address what I asked, but keep spreading misinformation. How are you surprised that an OLD BC title that had pop in before when created has pop in now without ANY input from development?
Then they shouldn't have shown this when all they have shown are 2 - 3 underwhelming looking games after talking about power for 2 years non stop . Not consumers problem bud

Last edited:
Then they shouldn't have shown this when all they have showen are 2 - 3 underwhelming looking games after talking about power for 2 years non stop . Not consumers problem bud

Remind me wtf that has to do with you KNOWING this is a BC game and KNOWING that zero dev input doesnt fix old pop in? Get a life and stop trying to 1 up a plastic box LMFAO

Remind me wtf that has to do with you KNOWING this is a BC game and KNOWING that zero dev input doesnt fix old pop in? Get a life and stop trying to 1 up a plastic box LMFAO
I didn't spend 2 years talking about power and 12 tf while every game I show looks like its running on current gen or even before that. I m simply waiting for their marketing to wow me as they kept talking about it . Sorry u don't like it . U seem to take it personal and its not personal . Its a about corporation amd their empty promises . Maybe in 2-3 years ? Hopefully . Cheers 👋

sircaw

Banned
Another gameplay running on xsx having severe popin issues . Wtf is up with the popins in this , dirt5 ,yakuza 7 and halo ?

P.s. Just watch the video . I don't care if u like the person posting it or not. Video is there to be watched .

is this the new watchdogs or the old one?

for some reason, watchdogs looks kinda boring to me.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
I didn't spend 2 years talking about power and 12 tf while every game I show looks like its running on current gen or even before that. I m simply waiting for their marketing to wow me as they kept talking about it . Sorry u don't like it . U seem to take it personal and its not personal . Its a about corporation amd their empty promises . Maybe in 2-3 years ? Hopefully . Cheers 👋

What games were 120fps last gen and before that?

I didn't spend 2 years talking about power and 12 tf while every game I show looks like its running on current gen or even before that. I m simply waiting for their marketing to wow me as they kept talking about it . Sorry u don't like it . U seem to take it personal and its not personal . Its a about corporation and their empty promises . Maybe in 2-3 years ? Hopefully . Cheers 👋

Again, what does any of that have to do with you playing fake dumb to console war lol? It's odd. Keep personally insulting and talking shit as if I am Microsoft themselves LOL. I am simply asking why you are spending your time posting random shit like BC videos showing pop in and talking as if you are surprised? Are you this stupid or just console warring? Curious XD

Again, I have my PS5 coming launch day so WTF are you on about me for LOL

ZehDon

Gold Member
Pretty sure they are waiting to see how the PS5 sells first before making a decision. They could end up losing a lot of money if they exclude Zenimax games from playstation.

giphy.gif
The continual Profit concerns around Microsoft are hilarious. It's as if they haven't consistently been one of the richest, most powerful, most influential companies for close to 50 years.
"Won't someone think of Microsoft's shareholders!"

If the deal isn't finalised yet, Microsoft cannot state policy for Zenimax because Zenimax is still its own legal entity. If you think Microsoft dropped money on Zenimax just to make sure Sony gets all of its new titles, you must be waiting for the Xbox Series X version of Spider-man Mile Morales to be announced any moment now...

Yup because if its anything MS is short of it's money. With this logic they should put ALL their games on PS right? Got to make back their money!
The continual Profit concerns around Microsoft are hilarious. It's as if they haven't consistently been one of the richest, most powerful, most influential companies for close to 50 years.
"Won't someone think of Microsoft's shareholders!"

If the deal isn't finalised yet, Microsoft cannot state policy for Zenimax because Zenimax is still its own legal entity. If you think Microsoft dropped money on Zenimax just to make sure Sony gets all of its new titles, you must be waiting for the Xbox Series X version of Spider-man Mile Morales to be announced any moment now...

They always want to make more money not less of it. If they can make more money by making the games exclusive they will probably do that. If not the games will probably continue to release in Playstation. However they own the publishers they can fuel gamepass alot better and even release everything day one with it. There's can also secure timed exclusives extremely easily.

But like I said before Microsoft is probably studying the situation and determining the best course of action.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Again, what does any of that have to do with you playing fake dumb to console war lol? It's odd. Keep personally insulting and talking shit as if I am Microsoft themselves LOL. I am simply asking why you are spending your time posting random shit like BC videos showing pop in and talking as if you are surprised? Are you this stupid or just console warring? Curious XD

Again, I have my PS5 coming launch day so WTF are you on about me for LOL

Hi meirl

ZehDon

Gold Member
... But like I said before Microsoft is probably studying the situation and determining the best course of action.
Lol, no, that's not how business works, friend.

Microsoft didn't spend $7.5b acquiring a new company... to then sit around and figure out what to do with it at a later date. Microsoft had a plan - a long and very detailed plan that was reviewed many times in which the acquisition formed a component - long before they announced the deal. I assure you, that plan does not include letting Microsoft's competitor have access to the thing they spent a fortune on acquiring. That's not Microsoft's MO.

Graphics won't improve much this gen for consoles. Instead most if not all games will run at 60+ fps instead.

Calling it now
I think is too soon to say that. When we see the next Battlefield, the next ND game, the next Rockstar Game we are going to get mind blown, maybe even the next Assassin's Creed game.

Graphics won't improve much this gen for consoles. Instead most if not all games will run at 60+ fps instead.

Calling it now
It's difficult to imagine how games will look like. At the beginning of current gen, games looked like a 1080p PS3 games. Eventually, physically based rendering came and changed everything.

Don't rush your judgment. Some new rendering techniques will be possible with the new hardware. The new generation of GPUs are capable of new geometry processing techniques. Developers will push their games to look better and we will see more 30 fps games.

Lol, no, that's not how business works, friend.

Microsoft didn't spend $7.5b acquiring a new company... to then sit around and figure out what to do with it at a later date. Microsoft had a plan - a long and very detailed plan that was reviewed many times in which the acquisition formed a component - long before they announced the deal. I assure you, that plan does not include letting Microsoft's competitor have access to the thing they spent a fortune on acquiring. That's not Microsoft's MO.

Well it all depends on what they want to sell. But then again Microsoft can't predict the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom