• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordiemp

Uhh wtf? Here we go

Here is the full list, that tweet is trying to say BO4 does not work which is FUD.

Call of duty bO4 is bootable and in the 10 %.

We dont know the difference between bootable and fully compatable yet.

The not compatible list is different and sometghing like 1 % and no big games are listed.

Reading is hard.

Last edited:

renx

I thought MS and AMD said that XSX was the only console to have full hardware support for RDNA2 features, I don't think they said that the XSX is identical to any PC GPU they are producing.

People are misunderstanding what was actually said, also it wasn't just said by MS it was said by AMD themselves and I think they should know.

Phil Spencer and MS have been playing with words through the whole campaign. And they're doing it again here.
They will tell you some true, but their wording is designed to lead people into hype themselves and make it bigger than what it is.
The truth is "our hardware supports all of the features RDNA 2 has".
The way they post it: "we have the only console with full RDNA 2 hardware support".

Being honest, Sony's approach with Mark Cerny's Road to PS5 was different and more professional.
It really felt like an honest tech talk.
They could have pushed with stuff like the IO complex and different kind of stuff to generate hype, but I feel like they're allowing the results speak.
If you notice, they did little talk about the gamepad, and now the reviewers are doing the big talk. They're all mind blown.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting was just watching Moore's Law and he said that Smart Access Memory, one of the features of RDNA2 graphics cards (in combination with Ryzen 5000 CPUs and AM4 chipset) is in the PS5:

EDIT: He then says 'you can thank Sony for SAM' hinting that Sony helped develop it. Big if true, as this is apparently integral to future AMD graphics cards (yes, RDNA3 GPUs. Come at me boys!). He says this is not in the Xbox Series X:

EDIT 2:

He says no Infinity Cache in Xbox. Wow if true.

ethomaz

Banned
Here is the full list, that tweet is trying to say BO4 does not work which is FUD.

Call of duty bO4 is bootable and in the 10 %.

We dont know the difference between bootable and fully compatable yet.

The not compatible list is different and sometghing like 1 % and no big games are listed.

Reading is hard.
I can say that list more up to date than the ERA list where Doom Ethernal was Bootanle yet.

The Sony list is being updated regularly... so a BOOTABLE game today can change to COMPATIBLE tomorrow.

Last edited:
we still got that bet on for GTA exclusive etc, are you ready for you 1 week ban.

Foxy our hero haha

#Ibelieveinfoxy

GVXIO80.gif

Riky

$MSFT
Phil Spencer and MS have been playing with words through the whole campaign. And they're doing it again here.
They will tell you some true, but their wording is designed to lead people into hype themselves and make it bigger than what it is.
The truth is "our hardware supports all of the features RDNA 2 has".
The way they post it: "we have the only console with full RDNA 2 hardware support".

Being honest, Sony's approach with Mark Cerny's Road to PS5 was different and more professional.
It really felt like an honest tech talk.
They could have pushed with stuff like the IO complex and different kind of stuff to generate hype, but I feel like they're allowing the results speak.
If you notice, they did little talk about the gamepad, and now the reviewers are doing the big talk. They're all mind blown.

"Xbox Series X|S are the only next-generation consoles with full hardware support for all the RDNA 2 capabilities AMD showcased today.

AMD’s latest RDNA 2 architecture delivers a significant increase in performance and efficiency over previous architectures, as well as adding new hardware acceleration capabilities including hardware accelerated DirectX Raytracing, Mesh Shaders, Sampler Feedback and Variable Rate Shading."

That's what they actually said, full hardware support for Raytracing, Mesh Shaders, Sampler Feedback and VRS. Obviously you don't need infinity cache to support those revealed features or AMD wouldn't put their name to it.

ethomaz

Banned
what supposed is the tweet? Was removed
It was about CoD Black Ops 4 and MW being BOOTABLE and not COMPATIBLE.

It was removed for the same reason Ubisoft removed it for ACSyndicate... mistaking BOOTABLE as NON-COMPATIBLE.

Edit - If I have to guess Ubisoft is now testing the games to see what issues it has to update accurately the page listing what player can find playing these games on BC.

Last edited:

geordiemp

"Xbox Series X|S are the only next-generation consoles with full hardware support for all the RDNA 2 capabilities AMD showcased today.

AMD’s latest RDNA 2 architecture delivers a significant increase in performance and efficiency over previous architectures, as well as adding new hardware acceleration capabilities including hardware accelerated DirectX Raytracing, Mesh Shaders, Sampler Feedback and Variable Rate Shading."

That's what they actually said, full hardware support for Raytracing, Mesh Shaders, Sampler Feedback and VRS. Obviously you don't need infinity cache to support those revealed features or AMD wouldn't put their name to it.

Ps5 will have no hardware that supoorts DX apis, as Sony dont use them, they use their own apis

ToadMan

riiight, by making a clear offensive comment... thats for sure gonna end it 😆😆🤡 you are clearly obsessed with me, plz dont stalk me

my first post was asking Mo to apologize for spreading FUD.. why did everyone get involved trying to defend him? where there is no defense 👌

Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem has answered you already.

Let’s see what AMD say - it’s their tech after all.

AMD RDNA 2 Powers Gaming
AMD RDNA 2 architecture introduces significant architecture advancements in the form of an enhanced compute unit, new visual pipeline, and all new AMD Infinity Cache, enabling high resolution gaming performance with vivid visuals.

Given Xsex lacks infinity cache AND Ray Accelerators in the CUs, it seems MS are misleading people about their tech .... again.

It’s possible to support the features - an NVIDIA gpu can also claim to support those RDNA2 features - it’s another to incorporate the hardware in the Xsex as designed by AMD for RDNA2 GPUs.

The chip X-rays and block diagrams clearly show the Xsex isn’t using the same silicon as AMD are putting in their GPUs.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I would take him with a huge grain of salt, for someone who claims to be employed by Santa Monica Studios he sure does carry himself in an unprofessional style compared to all the other devs/employees.
Game tester is like a you or me that are temporary contracted to test a game.

It is not a direct SSM employee.

He probably do a good job so SSM keep contracting him always they needs for a new game.

Last edited:

ToadMan

I've said nothing about PS5.

I'm talking about people saying about "infinity cache" being missing. It's obviously not needed for the features mentioned, otherwise AMD would say otherwise.

AMD won’t say anything. MS is their customer.

How MS chooses to market its products is up to MS. AMD won’t get involved unless it’s something that (negatively) affects their brand.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
AMD won’t say anything. MS is their customer.

How MS chooses to market its products is up to MS. AMD won’t get involved unless it’s something that affects their brand.

Their logo is on the press release at their conference, so they must have approved it. It says that Xbox has full hardware support for the features revealed, it lists those features as I quoted. Infinity Cache obviously isn't needed for those features, it doesn't say the Xbox has all RDNA GPU hardware in the quote.

sircaw

Banned
Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem has answered you already.

Let’s see what AMD say - it’s their tech after all.

AMD RDNA 2 Powers Gaming
AMD RDNA 2 architecture introduces significant architecture advancements in the form of an enhanced compute unit, new visual pipeline, and all new AMD Infinity Cache, enabling high resolution gaming performance with vivid visuals.

Given Xsex lacks infinity cache AND Ray Accelerators in the CUs, it seems MS are misleading people about their tech .... again.

I don't care what you say, i believe Phil spencer, get lost you Troll. "lollipop_disappointed:

ToadMan

Their logo is on the press release at their conference, so they must have approved it. It says that Xbox has full hardware support for the features revealed, it lists those features as I quoted. Infinity Cache obviously isn't needed for those features, it doesn't say the Xbox has all RDNA GPU hardware in the quote.

AMD aren’t going to quibble with MS over that.

It’s clear what AMD say are the key features of their RDNA 2 and I posted the text.

AMD couldn’t care less what hardware or claims MS make - it’s all good marketing for AMD so they’ll ride it.

You are too hung up on specifics and you don’t seem to recognise that what you’re looking at is just marketing and marketing is about what sells, not what’s technically accurate.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

More acquisition rumours 🙄

Is this supposed to a replacement for games these days?

Coming Soon from Electronic Arts!

Acquisitions Manager 2020!

Buy up failing game studios!

Subject your minions to never ending crunch!

Wring IP dry of its worth and churn out endless annual updates!

See how many broken ass games you can get away with before Game Over!

$70 full game*

*does not contain full game. In game transactions required.

prove? the game was proven to be running at 1440p in that build so why would i bother going through Bo's pointless analysis 😆 like do you hear yourself? his analysis was wrong, simple as that

this place is honestly mental

i feel like people here think this is about PS5 v Xbox or an anti PS5 post so are getting defensive... it has nothing to do with PS5
You give the 1440 prove or you get banned my friend. I want to see the image pixel counted.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
MS finally charged me for xsx

Still waiting on Amazon to provide and update

I’m guessing Best Buy will charge me when I pick it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom