• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that Bo got his videos from a different source. We could ask but bottom line, you could SEE what he was talking about and that WAS in conflict with what DF was saying. So I think it's MOST LIKELY that there were two different sources out there at the same time. Otherwise, how would YOU explain what Bo was showing?

In the end, even if Bo was wrong due to some technical reason, it was done in good faith and I think anyone seeing what he was talking about would agree at that time. I didn't see anyone debunking it here, that's for sure!
the point is no one can look at those screenshots and tell definitively whether is is upscale. Does the native resolution matter anymore. Bo, in turn, has every right to question how DF come to the conclusion of it’s 1440p.

I saw some discussion about dlss and ml upscale above. I have to laugh. If the video back then was rendered at 1440p. Either Ps5 has DLSS like tech already. Or ps5 doesn’t need ML upscaling at all. Because we can hardly tell the native res with whatever tech ps5 is using.

pick one.

FALCON_KICK

but its confirmed he isnt... how can he see a 4k version of a game when it never existed 😆

look at those frame drops, hope it all gets ironed out by launch

Into the Spider-verse suit has unique stylized-framerate mod which mimics the "Janky" animation of the movie so it is definitely intended to not be smooth.

Last edited:

geordiemp

or we come to the conclusion that Bo doesn't know WTF he is talking about, shocking i know

Bo made his post same time as DF on the same video... we just got confirmation that the only footage released, until recently, was of the game when it could only hit 1440p in 60fps 😆😆

Just looking through your posts, have you ever said anything positive and just baiting certain people ?

Sad is the word/.

can stores break release dates and give people ps5 cause lockdowns and such?
especially consoles are in warehouses already

That would be up to Sony to officially confirm an early release and end their original street date. Or waive the fines due to the circumstances.

Some games have done it, but I've never seen a console officially do it. I'm sure folks will still get their consoles, but it looks to be a big mess for physical retailers ahead of major consoles.

Edit: This may be also the reason embargoes end on the 6th?

Last edited:

Dibils2k

To put a stop to it, Thats the end of the matter. I wont say anything more on this case.
riiight, by making a clear offensive comment... thats for sure gonna end it 😆😆🤡 you are clearly obsessed with me, plz dont stalk me

my first post was asking Mo to apologize for spreading FUD.. why did everyone get involved trying to defend him? where there is no defense 👌

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
or we come to the conclusion that Bo doesn't know WTF he is talking about, shocking i know

Bo made his post same time as DF on the same video... we just got confirmation that the only footage released, until recently, was of the game when it could only hit 1440p in 60fps 😆😆

Well, then I'm sure, since you're such the expert, you called that out at the time, right? Or you've looked at it since and then put your thoughts out there to debunk it, right?

No???

Yeah, easy to stand back and throw rocks without any risk to yourself. I STILL haven't seen anyone take that analysis and point out how and where Bo was wrong, if he was wrong.

That's the bottom line.

Sinthor

Gold Member
the point is no one can look at those screenshots and tell definitively whether is is upscale. Does the native resolution matter anymore. Bo, in turn, has every right to question how DF come to the conclusion of it’s 1440p.

I saw some discussion about dlss and ml upscale above. I have to laugh. If the video back then was rendered at 1440p. Either Ps5 has DLSS like tech already. Or ps5 doesn’t need ML upscaling at all. Because we can hardly tell the native res with whatever tech ps5 is using.

pick one.

I agree with this. If that analysis was wrong, there's something else, some other tech we don't know about or SOMETHING that made it LOOK like that. Just still waiting for someone to point it out and prove that it was all wrong. Somehow, I don't see that happening. ;)

Sinthor

Gold Member
riiight, by making a clear offensive comment... thats for sure gonna end it 😆😆🤡 you are clearly obsessed with me, plz dont stalk me

my first post was asking Mo to apologize for spreading FUD.. why did everyone get involved trying to defend him? where there is no defense 👌

Hey, if you can prove it wrong, please enlighten us. It IS genuinely a puzzle. My point is, unless it can be proven wrong, not much to discuss. And even if it WAS wrong, Bo doesn't owe an apology. He made an argument in good faith and provided visual evidence to back it up. If that's wrong, something else is in play but it's not like he intentionally misled people. THAT would make what he did FUD, but that's not the case.

That's all.

geordiemp

pick one.

Exactly, we have Spiderman, an open world game, where everyone is looking at 4k30 with RT reflections and 4k60 with still some nice effects and nobody has a clue how they are doing it.

Its either a very good temporal in which case, who needs ML for upscaling and what is DLSS, or there are other efficiencies at play.

Take your pick

Last edited:

PSX

Circled the Infinity Cache in red VS ???... where exactly?

RDNA2's die

EldKDwnWMAAKXJW

EldKD8VXYAE1oGv

Circled the Infinity Cache in red VS ???... where exactly?

RDNA2's die

EldKDwnWMAAKXJW

EldKD8VXYAE1oGv

I'm almost certain that one particular twitter about frontend is credible. And btw, it is not automatically a bad thing (ofc not as cutting edge as it can). the defence force just needs to calm down. the most important thing is to enjoy the great launch games. it's not like looking at the spec sheet can give you an orgasm.

oh wait. launch games.. right..:messenger_grimmacing_

Riky

$MSFT
I thought MS and AMD said that XSX was the only console to have full hardware support for RDNA2 features, I don't think they said that the XSX is identical to any PC GPU they are producing.

People are misunderstanding what was actually said, also it wasn't just said by MS it was said by AMD themselves and I think they should know.

Exactly, we have Spiderman, an open world game, where everyone is looking at 4k30 with RT reflections and 4k60 with still some nice effects and nobody has a clue how they are doing it.

Its either a very good temporal in which case, who needs ML for upscaling and what is DLSS, or there are other efficiencies at play.

Take your pick
buddy, i don't think it worth much effort arguing things here. with PS5 launching in two weeks. i don't care about the specs anymore. I'm so hyped about dualsense and wanted to try Astro's playroom. It's a free launch game. And we also have FREE bugsnax. FREE destruction all-star in Feb. "FREE" ps+ collection games with boost mode and fast load time. and both DS and godfall look stunning. Let the others jerk off the spec sheet all day long. we are going to enjoy the games! :messenger_halo:

Imtjnotu

I thought MS and AMD said that XSX was the only console to have full hardware support for RDNA2 features, I don't think they said that the XSX is identical to any PC GPU they are producing.

People are misunderstanding what was actually said, also it wasn't just said by MS it was said by AMD themselves and I think they should know.
the features and hardware are separate so what MS said is not technically wrong.

that dude in the video above is an idiot

Dibils2k

Hey, if you can prove it wrong, please enlighten us. It IS genuinely a puzzle. My point is, unless it can be proven wrong, not much to discuss. And even if it WAS wrong, Bo doesn't owe an apology. He made an argument in good faith and provided visual evidence to back it up. If that's wrong, something else is in play but it's not like he intentionally misled people. THAT would make what he did FUD, but that's not the case.

That's all.
prove? the game was proven to be running at 1440p in that build so why would i bother going through Bo's pointless analysis 😆 like do you hear yourself? his analysis was wrong, simple as that

this place is honestly mental

i feel like people here think this is about PS5 v Xbox or an anti PS5 post so are getting defensive... it has nothing to do with PS5

Last edited:

duhmetree

Wording is key.

We're thrilled to keep our 15 year partnership going into the next generation & proud Xbox Series X|S will be the only next gen consoles with full RDNA 2 integration (as in RDNA2 feature set )

THE:MILKMAN

It was from a page or two back from my post. It's a Spanish (i think) youtuber taking it apart.

Thanks. Just skimmed watched it and he only removes (seemingly very easily) the fan but doesn't remove anything else. Maybe he explains why not.... in any case I'm sure full detailed iFixit teardowns are only a few days away for both consoles at this point.

Interesting was just watching Moore's Law and he said that Smart Access Memory, one of the features of RDNA2 graphics cards (in combination with Ryzen 5000 CPUs and AM4 chipset) is in the PS5:

EDIT: He then says 'you can thank Sony for SAM' hinting that Sony helped develop it. Big if true, as this is apparently integral to future AMD graphics cards (yes, RDNA3 GPUs. Come at me boys!). He says this is not in the Xbox Series X:

EDIT 2:

He says no Infinity Cache in Xbox. Wow if true.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Interesting was just watching Moore's Law and he said that Smart Access Memory, one of the features of RDNA2 graphics cards (in combination with Ryzen 5000 CPUs and AM4 chipset) is in the PS5:

If it's true, it's fantastic news for the ps5, in many ways i can not fathom.
Time is TICKING SLOWLY, lets see if he is right, if he is wrong its gonna be a big deal vs his credibility.

Tick Tock. "lollipop_disappointed:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
As far as RDNA 2, once again...

Cerny explicitly said RDNA 2 cu's March 18, 2020. Start at the 35:00 mark. There's even a slide with it.

.....remember how long the RDNA 1 FUD lasted until the AMD stream in July IIRC?

For 4 months....AFAIK no one paid attention to Cerny saying RDNA 2 cu's in The Road to PS5. I know I didn't. All the focus was on SSD.

Yeah.... Ppl, don't focus on MS PR. Its seriously not worth it.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

AMD said that? Or just MS?

Because the MS PR is really trick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom