• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riky

$MSFT
Yeah, I was willing to give Riky the benefit of the doubt, but that post fairly cemented him as a troll.

You're wrong.

Remember Xbox one launch, over 5 times the performance of the 360 in flops. Remember Titanfall? At a lower resolution in some situations the 360 version performed better than the Xbox One.

The PS5 is a lot less than 3 times as powerful as Series S. It's not impossible to see situations on some games where we will see Series S outperform PS5 framerate wise. Maybe even Series X too.

yX1CKA8.jpg

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

You're wrong.

Remember Xbox one launch, over 5 times the performance of the 360 in flops. Remember Titanfall? At a lower resolution in some situations the 360 version performed better than the Xbox One.

The PS5 is a lot less than 3 times as powerful as Series S. It's not impossible to see situations on some games where we will see Series S outperform PS5 framerate wise. Maybe even Series X too.

yX1CKA8.jpg
What the hell are you smoking 🤣🤣🤣

sircaw

Banned
i mean i didnt know.. but the image must have come from somewhere, the text in the tweet is not something that i cared about

SO let me get this correct, you had no idea the guy with xboxwin1 in his tag was not a fud spreading machine

You just happened to find some dirt on probably one of the most famous games on sony's consoles that no one else was reporting on, on some random channel and thought let's run with it, this is not suspicious at all.

You never scrolled down his twitter line, looking at goodies like these in retweets

Xbox keep winning on all sections
: Power
Speed
Price
Games
3rd party support
Japan sold out 2 time Worldwide launch
Controller
Xboxgamepass
23 xbox games studios

You never saw retweets FROM DEE, BLUE Nugroho, xASTRALX, TIMDOG on this site, and thought, something is up?

Now i understand why Phil the pr man spencer has got you hook line and sinker dude.

Either you're a complete clown or you know what you're doing.

Which is it?

Rossco EZ

You're wrong.

yX1CKA8.jpg

Wooxsvan

You're wrong.

yX1CKA8.jpg
this is just a bad comparison. All the info, leaked or otherwise, of the PS5 dev environment is that its the most mature of the consoles. Many of the early issues with Xbox One were problems with their dev tools and utilizing the Sram properly. PS5 should not have such issues.

FunkMiller

A agree lol. I held onto that 1440p/120 box pipedream for a while. It's possible, but won't be the norm. Still a rediculous value for $299

And here’s why there’s so much vitriol and argument around here.

Microsoft put out a load of marketing bullshit that fans believe, and parrot at everyone else like it’s the truth, causing a load of conflict.

Then the truth comes out, and everyone who’s been shouted at about Microsoft’s bullshit by those taken in by it, get their revenge posts in.

...and this repeats again and again.

Stop. Believing. Microsoft. Marketing. Bullshit.

Edit: Riky Riky my dude, you can tag this post as me being triggered, but you’re one of the ones guilty of being taken in and screaming it from the rooftops. Maybe take stuff you hear from Microsoft with a bit more of a pinch of salt. Probably better for us all 👍

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
this is just a bad comparison. All the info, leaked or otherwise, of the PS5 dev environment is that its the most mature of the consoles. Many of the early issues with Xbox One were problems with their dev tools and utilizing the Sram properly. PS5 should not have such issues.

It isn't a matter of issues with the PS5, it's a matter of resolution. Do you think the same game at 1080p on Series S and 4k on PS5 with a 60fps target there couldn't be a situation where the Series S version has a higher framerate? It applies to Series X too in fact.

We're going to see a lot of multiformat comparisons from Digital Foundry, I'd be shocked if this doesn't happen at least once.

JTCx

You're wrong.

yX1CKA8.jpg
Were a week away and the meltdowns are already happening.

:messenger_weary:

NewChoppa

Banned
Any of you guys seen this yet?

Looks like we’re seeing GT7 sooner instead of later

It isn't a matter of issues with the PS5, it's a matter of resolution. Do you think the same game at 1080p on Series S and 4k on PS5 with a 60fps target there couldn't be a situation where the Series S version has a higher framerate? It applies to Series X too in fact.

We're going to see a lot of multiformat comparisons from Digital Foundry, I'd be shocked if this doesn't happen at least once.
Sure, why don't we run games on the Series S at 360p so the frame rate is around 240fps (just a random number) so that we can claim that the Series S performs 4 times better than the PS5 and Series X at 4K/60. Makes sense.

I honestly don't see your point here. Like, yeah, we can push frame rate if we go down with the resolution, what a concept. I genuinely don't know what you're trying to imply here.

Dibils2k

SO let me get this correct, you had no idea the guy with xboxwin1 in his tag was not a fud spreading machine

You just happened to find some dirt on probably one of the most famous games on sony's consoles that no one else was reporting on, on some random channel and thought let's run with it, this is not suspicious at all.

You never scrolled down his twitter line, looking at goodies like these in retweets

Xbox keep winning on all sections
: Power
Speed
Price
Games
3rd party support
Japan sold out 2 time Worldwide launch
Controller
Xboxgamepass
23 xbox games studios

You never saw retweets FROM DEE, BLUE Nugroho, xASTRALX, TIMDOG on this site, and thought, something is up?

Now i understand why Phil the pr man spencer has got you hook line and sinker dude.

Either you're a complete clown or you know what you're doing.

Which is it?
as i mentioned, i was looking through the 60fps trending topic and saw the tweet/images and was worried and wanted opinions lol

you lead a very sad life my friend that you see everything through the console wars glasses

We'll see, also with the RDNA2 features I would think within 12 months Series S could be pushing PS5 pretty hard, I wouldn't worry about Series X If I were you it'll be out of sight by then.

You're wrong.

fYIW6lE.gif

Dolomite

And here’s why there’s so much vitriol and argument around here.

Microsoft put out a load of marketing bullshit that fans believe, and parrot at everyone else like it’s the truth, causing a load of conflict.

Then the truth comes out, and everyone who’s been shouted at about Microsoft’s bullshit by those taken in by it, get their revenge posts in.

...and this repeats again and again.

Stop. Believing. Microsoft. Marketing. Bullshit.

Edit: Riky Riky my dude, you can tag this post as me being triggered, but you’re one of the ones guilty of being taken in and screaming it from the rooftops. Maybe take stuff you hear from Microsoft with a bit more of a pinch of salt. Probably better for us all 👍
Hey I'm man enough to admit that the S was mismarketed. Don't really recall shitting on anyone who disagreed with me, but as I said I'm my original, still a rediculous value for $299. A solid peripheral console if nothing

sircaw

Banned
sircaw sircaw here i went back and its still in the 60fps trending posts:

Capture.png

:messenger_tears_of_joy: i dont play your pathetic childish fanboy games. grow up

You ran with that screenshot, not thinking it would be fake for a second. You never went to the source and checked out all the anti-PlayStation comments and tweets on that page.

Get the fuck out of here Fud machine. The stink your selling, i is not buying.

Last edited:
as i mentioned, i was looking through the 60fps trending topic and saw the tweet/images and was worried and wanted opinions lol

you lead a very sad life my friend that you see everything through the console wars glasses
We are stepping through a battlefield. Everyone has their hands on their weapon, ready to pull the trigger. While his answer might have been a bit harsh, it is obvious that the guy you quoted was a fanboy - if anything legit would leak, official media would have already acknowledged it. Just hold on bro, Friday 13:00 CET we will know a lot more!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're wrong.

yX1CKA8.jpg
Those 2 ports were done by 2 different teams. And Bluepoint have done the impressive X360 port. Bluepoint are the best at what they do.

Dibils2k

You know you posted FUD, just apologize and move on, or just move on.
my only mistake was not looking deeper into the tweet, as if i had seen the name obviously would have figured it out but the guy has a PS person (the guy who unboxed the PS5) as a avatar! so it threw me off

but i would still post it to know where the image is from, i just would have approached the initial post differently

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
You know you posted FUD, just apologize and move on, or just move on.

i have washed my hands of it now, the next week is going to be awesome, but the petty fud and bullshit is going to come thick and fast the next few days.

I am still waiting for the dangerous screw thread concern on the stand to arrive, some toxic paint was coated on it and inhaling it will make you infertile or that he thread snaps due to being inferior steel sony imported from Uganda or something. It shatters and goes of in all directions like shrapnel blinding many users in the process "lollipop_disappointed:

Last edited:

user1337

It's not an issue right now due to the number of legacy devices, but in 5-10 years you really don't want that XSX or other Wi-Fi 5 devices using the same radio spectrum you are. If you are in some rural area, not a problem. But in a city with apartments, where you can see all the neighbours SSIDs as well as your own, and you cannot control what they use, it is.

Which is why it helps when a big company goes all in and upgrades the hardware even when it's not necessarily required right now. Future proofing and also future fetching.

RookX22

I think it would best for everyone if we just go to our OT of preference and leave this behind. Just over 1 week out so it will be over soon anyway. I mean there is no point in comparing because all I hear is wait for the games to come and we will see then but we just got done waiting 7 years, I don't think I can handle waiting 7 in this thread.

Does that mean there beyond reproach?

The ps4 pro had noise problems, the 360 had rrod. Companies are not always capable of designing without flaws.

There are many ways of critising

But talking nonsense about things you have no idea about is not one of them

I mean there's a difference between repridmanding Sony for using cheap thermal paste and being a armchair hardware designer

Last edited:
You're wrong.

yX1CKA8.jpg

tenor.gif

GermanZepp

Stop. those comparinsons dont mean anything.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
i have washed my hands of it now, the next week is going to be awesome, but the petty fud and bullshit is going to come thick and fast the next few days.

I am still waiting for the dangerous screw thread concern on the stand to arrive, some toxic paint was coated on it and inhaling it will make you infertile or that he thread snaps due to being inferior steel sony imported from Uganda or something. It shatters and goes of in all directions like shrapnel blinding many users in the process "lollipop_disappointed:

Months after the now infamous "PS5 stand screw incident" , Bill has made tremendous strides:
200.gif

Sadly, many more were not so lucky:
200.gif

Lawyers are standing by
duties-of-a-personal-injury-lawyer.jpg

RookX22

Why is everyone still grasping at straws trying to say the PS5 has Zen 3 and RDNA 3. If this were the case, Sony would shout it from the rooftops as they would be superior to Microsoft if that were the case.
I keep hearing this statement. Sony isnt Microsoft, if sony was microsoft everytime a df video about how a game runs/feels better on the pro they would tweet it out and get in some discord calls and ham it up but they dont. edit before anyone says there is no such thing the watch dogs legion df video and i am pretty sure one of the resident evil remakes are examples off the top of my head. resolution isnt everything.

Last edited:

LucidFlux

Courtesy of Amazon.

HMUwcXk.jpg

Some initial thoughts...
It weighs more than the Dual Shock 4 but feels very comfortable to hold.
My thumbs rest much more naturally on the thumb sticks, whereas they overshoot them a bit on the dualshock 4. I have fairly large hands.
Face buttons are less jiggly but have a bit more squishyness to them and have a more subdued click sound.
Thumb sticks are a concave/convex hybrid which feels very nice and grippy. My custom DualShock 4 has the xbox elite sticks for comparison and the center face feels a touch larger on the Dualsense which works better for my thumb size.

That is all, back to work I go.

You flip flopped from RDNA 2 being the reason to resolution lol

Two flaws in your comparison

Xbox One was not easy to develop for in the beginning

We're in an era of dynamic resolution and reconstruction.

We might see this for developers who don't put the effort in to optimise and just slap native 4K on their games without a care, but that has nothing to do with the Series S "pushing the PS5 pretty hard" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom