• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintjules

I went to my local Walmart this morning. All I have to say is.. my Walmart sucks. Lol. It barely has a video game section.

Yeah they definitely suck, so it's not just your store. I learned after looking for the Pulse Headphones (got it via Walrmart online later) to just place order for in-store pick up if I need to. Most of my orders have been shipping to the home though.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Yeah they definitely suck, so it's not just your store. I learned after looking for the Pulse Headphones (got it via Walrmart online later) to just place order for in-store pick up if I need to. Most of my orders have been shipping to the home though.

The Website shows they have some chargers and Pulse headsets in my store. I went there. If they had it, they’re hiding it and pretending they don’t. That.. and that kiosk wouldn’t even fit in that tiny ass two half sized aisles. Nintendo was forced to share an aisle with some lawn care equipment.

DarkPassenger8

Neo Member
I can also confirm that after ordering both the Pulse headphones and a charging station from Walmart, it was quite a pain, they kept changing shipping dates here, finally to October 30, but customer service told me they wanted to try to keep estimated delivery dates for the original November release window to "not create panic". I played Karen on the phones and got both my order in a few days ago, happy with the swift response but I think I could have gotten them elsewhere for a nicer experience.

The rest is coming from EB Games since that is the only place I could manage my pre-orders here... I am a little nervous but anxiously waiting!

Gears 5 on XSX:
  • Series S will run at dynamic res 720p to 1440p

t8xUvZi.gif

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
If all you play is TESVI for hundreds of hours, which is common for TES titles, will a one off purchase be cheaper or more expensive than the monthly fee? This is entirely dependant on how many hours you can put in each month. For me, neither PSNow nor Game Pass is especially interesting.
Yeah it doesn't really fit my gaming habits either.. although once xCloud comes to PC I'll be more likely to quickly check stuff out to see if it's worth going through an install. Even with gigabit internet I'm still averse to just downloading whatever and trying it out.

I have Gamepass because of the XBLG deal but they kinda suckered me into it because I don't play online on Xbox anyways and I've only spent like a few hours total playing any games on GPU lol

Mr Moose

Some nice load times, the RT is a bit meh imo.

6 seconds for all the 3 chapters combined! when one chapter (best one) is 16 on its own last gen

i love SSD

but looks like unskippable logos is still there, but i wonder if the game will have "Activities" for each chapter in the dashboard so you can just go to it without the logos
I'm waiting until I get my PS5 to play Genshin Impact again, the load times are fucking terrible on the Pro :messenger_weary:

travisktl

I can also confirm that after ordering both the Pulse headphones and a charging station from Walmart, it was quite a pain, they kept changing shipping dates here, finally to October 30, but customer service told me they wanted to try to keep estimated delivery dates for the original November release window to "not create panic". I played Karen on the phones and got both my order in a few days ago, happy with the swift response but I think I could have gotten them elsewhere for a nicer experience.

The rest is coming from EB Games since that is the only place I could manage my pre-orders here... I am a little nervous but anxiously waiting!
The Gamestop I preordered at is doing a similar thing. I called about my Pulse headset yesterday, and they told me they do have it, but aren't allowing people to pick things up until this Friday, because they are choosing to keep things in line with the November release.....what? This seems to be decided on by each individual store. I fully paid for my PS5 and the headset the day preorders opened. Just let me have my shit I paid for. Haha.

ToadMan

Here comes my favorite part of new releases... predicting metascore!:

86!!!

Yeah I’m gonna go for 8/10 maybe a little under.

Gameplay solid but not different enough to SM. Smaller game scope to SM. Pluses for graphics. Pluses for new character and expanding the spidey universe.

PS4 version gets basically the same score. Has more pauses for loading and lower FPS/res but still great for current gen standards.

Yeah I’m gonna go for 8/10 maybe a little under.

Gameplay solid but not different enough to SM. Smaller game scope to SM. Pluses for graphics. Pluses for new character and expanding the spidey universe.

PS4 version gets basically the same score. Has more pauses for loading and lower FPS/res but still great for current gen standards.
i think it will be 90. The combat looked more fun to me. smaller scope yes, but it's not a full-price game either.

I was initially quite excited to play this game after its first reveal trailer but my excitement went down as I heard about glitches and poor reviews, and it eventually got thrown into my back catalog and quickly drowned out; does anyone think it is worth picking up on the PS5?
I will try it out on PS Plus collection. Its free after all, if you are a Plus subscriber.

travisktl

I was initially quite excited to play this game after its first reveal trailer but my excitement went down as I heard about glitches and poor reviews, and it eventually got thrown into my back catalog and quickly drowned out; does anyone think it is worth picking up on the PS5?
Considering it's a part of the PS+ Collection, there's really no reason not to give it a shot.

saintjules

The Website shows they have some chargers and Pulse headsets in my store. I went there. If they had it, they’re hiding it and pretending they don’t. That.. and that kiosk wouldn’t even fit in that tiny ass two half sized aisles. Nintendo was forced to share an aisle with some lawn care equipment.

The guy I spoke to when I went there, I showed him the Pulse from my phone and he's like "I can't sell that to you." And then he went onto say they have to wait for Sony to give confirmation. Just some run-around I felt.

That sucks. Luckily my dates haven't changed for both Consoles. I did get an email saying that they were changing the date of delivery for the Console, but it showed the same date. Made sure my CC Company will allow the transactions to go through since they're the same dollar amount. Should not get flagged since the pre-auths went through.

Mark Cerny praises PS5 SSD: "You can load 2GB of content in a quarter of a second".

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I recently picked up the game (June or so) and had a blast playing the first chapter. Decided to pause to finish the game on PS5.

It's a great game... I find it far better than Sony's other games. I liked Ghosts of Tsushima for instance, but think Days Gone is way better. The gameplay is just far more interesting and challenging.

I haven't found any glitches in my playing of the game.. i think most were patched out.. but it's not shocking their were some, it's an ambitious and massive game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom