• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was kidding. You didn't do anything.
pM-CqzFgLHbOt1giRRaLYwHhZ7kB6XTf_WPyWsz9sdu2mHWAsLW5j3epYP7tjQjOhIJCF1AnyTaXdi4vg1WKtoFiNQymIeI2r7l5hVSAnk5Ex4-pSSmV0HQnTgrhiRGlrstyDV-3NNetpZj-fUbSGGrtRj9w0UjBEwCowQ

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
DualSense Haptics Is Kind of Game-Changing, Says FIFA 21 Dev; We’ll Add More to It Going Forward

Gameplay Producer Kantcho Doskov praised the controller's features and explained that the developers intend to add even more features to the DualSense implementation.
Going forward, we’ll definitely want to continue to add features and make more use of the DualSense haptics because it’s kind of game-changing.

Beyond DualSense support on PS5, FIFA 21 also offers other improvements on both next-gen consoles over the PlayStation 4/Xbox One/PC version as detailed by Doskov.
So let’s say a player takes the touch one way but changes his mind halfway through; we can transition out of that animation and make it look believable. That’s the beauty of the new tech [in FIFA 21 next-gen].

Yoboman

Gold Member
Those stats a very disingenuous. Its so easy to cherrypick.

Looking at top 3 games sold comparing the PS5 to the Switch, when the Switch has orders of magnitude higher market penetration owing to the fact that it came out 3 years ago.
Of fucking course its games are selling better, there are more people around to buy them.
They are essentially comparing the hardware to software ratio, except they are not because they are only comparing hardware sold in the past 4 weeks vs top 3 software bought by the entire userbase of Switch

More accurate would be the top 3 software bought by new Switch buyers in the last 4 weeks

Last edited:

Mahavastu

Not that guy again, didn't Sony already debunked his low yields info?
yes and no.
Yes it was officially debunked by Sony, but when Sony said they want to sell only 7.6mio units until the end of march they somewhat confirmed his last numbers (manufacturing reduced to only 10mio until end of march).

Last edited:

ToadMan

Seriously, there should not be a general discussion mish-mashing all consoles together. There should be Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo, and Cloud. Thus segregating and reducing the amount of unconstructive bullshit and keep fans in their lanes to have good conversations instead of being derailed every 2 posts..

They have those tags on threads - “drama”, “clickbait “ or whatever.

If there needs to be safe space threads why don’t they add a tag for platforms?

MistBreeze

I finished ghost of tsushima and it is a great game

gameplay is better than most adventure open world games

I want to play Valhalla next

but I heard some people saying it is a bad Idea gameplay wise coming from ghost of tsushima

playing destiny 2 in the mean time

They have those tags on threads - “drama”, “clickbait “ or whatever.

If there needs to be safe space threads why don’t they add a tag for platforms?
Maybe, but revoking privileges to certain forums will reduce the console warring. Chances are it's also what probably drives traffic to the forum, so I doubt something like that would happen.

TwistedSyn

So a bit of context to this. Dan from Gigaboots sent his Series X to MS to have it repaired since anything that had Smart Delivery attached to it would not download. He has been on the phone with MS for a few days trying to fix this issue and has gone over all the steps he could to fix it. In the end, nothing worked. Yesterday he finally got his Series X back (Brand New Console) and did a live stream of its return. After all the shit he went through to get his Series X to download games with Smart Delivery, it still won't work on even a brand new console. This is what pushed him to do this.

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned
Don't panic, get a Series X when available, soon enough. It seems to be easier here though to secure a preorder on each wave.

Clever lad.

I have no idea why people are buying consoles and not buying any games along with it. that chart makes no sense.

Cause I'm waiting for games that I like, and busy playing PS4 games because of that sweet sweet backwards compatibility.

I'm sure I'm not the only one disappointed with the launch line-up.

Did Bo get banned for this post ? ^^^^

Yeah, it's all your fault. :LOL:

Yeah I mean Mark Cerny was with Sony a whole generation and all he made was Knack and Knack 2.

:mad: at you. (even if you were just joking).

Waiting for Knack 3.

Last edited:

HoofHearted

No. Tools problem is bullshit.

It just had a bit longer in the oven

I know - for some odd reason this thread blows up over minor nitpicks between these two consoles. I give it about a year before (if) we'll actually see any significant differences in actual notable output between these consoles.

Until then - I'm just waiting for the dieshot for PS5.

Leyasu

Banned
I know - for some odd reason this thread blows up over minor nitpicks between these two consoles. I give it about a year before (if) we'll actually see any significant differences in actual notable output between these consoles.

Until then - I'm just waiting for the dieshot for PS5.
It's ridiculous how things have turned out on here with regards to the launch software. Both sides are to blame though.

I am interested in seeing the die shot too.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I have a PS4 and a ps5. When I grab something through the PlayStation app it only allows me to send it to my ps5, not my PS4. Is there a way to do this?

My kids use the PS4 but my account is still on the ps4 and it would be nice to send games their way from our fairly sizeable backlog (I don't let them choose any game for obvious reasons).

Remember Robert Lewandowski? Who people though it was a random doing marketing to Sony with PS5.

Well he just beat Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo as Number One football player in FIFA award.

lewandowski-1024x576.jpg

16082283025fdb9dceba877_1608228302_3x2_md.jpg
Who thought he was a nobody?

He's arguably the best true striker in the world for the last 4-5 years.

Unless you mean people who don't know him at all. So most Americans. And well, can you blame those people? A lot of people don't know who the best player in hockey or baseball is. Would a European know who Mike Trout is?

Last edited:

Unless you mean people who don't know him at all. So most Americans. And well, can you blame those people? A lot of people don't know who the best player in hockey or baseball is. Would a European know who Mike Trout is?

I ate a trout called Mike but he had to many bones for my taste.

kyliethicc

OMG that's bad.

9lkYQFH.gif

Wonder if they will do the same with the PS5 version?

Edit: Ok I'm officially confused since there's technically not a PS5 version of the game.
Its just been delisted. So no one on PS4 or PS5 can buy it now. If you already own it, I assume you can still play it.

Sony can't give out mass full refunds but also keep allowing new users to buy the game. Its their store policy.

8i8zQJZ.jpg

Last edited:

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Man I feel bad for CDPR. How could one the most trusted, most competent gaming studios in the world fall from grace so quickly like that? Mismanagement perhaps? Pressure from shareholders to release a broken product? I guess we will never know...

HoofHearted

Who the hell is Mike Trout?

Yes I’m American and I also don’t know who the shmanski soccer dude is either. ;)

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Man I feel bad for CDPR. How could one the most trusted, most competent gaming studios in the world fall from grace so quickly like that? Mismanagement perhaps? Pressure from shareholders to release a broken product? I guess we will never know...
Agreed dude. I'm kinda upset, Witcher 3 has to be my all time favourite and it's a shame seeing CDPR go down the drain like this, I remember there were reports right before the release saying that the game was months away from being completed in terms of development and optimisation, I think the failure really comes down to the leadership and management, the studio is huge and extremely wealthy so it's not likely there was a lack of developers/workers/programmers but a car is is only as fast as it's slowest part.

I think you're right about the pressure as well, it's also Christmas season and consumer spending is at an all year high so it would have made financial sense for the CDPR to release at this time, of course it turned out to be disastrous. I'm glad in a way, CDPR need to understand the consequences of what they've done and to not repeat the mistakes in the future, we already know the next Witcher game is in early development so fingers crossed.

kyliethicc

Its clearly 100% bad management. Those in charge at CDPR should be fired / quit. They took 8 years to make a game and launched it broken and unfinished, tanking their company value and reputation.

ArcaneNLSC

I feel like they are building to an Avengers End Game "Avengers Assemble" level moment with this series with all the console girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom