• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I want to make it clear that I'm always joking.

I'm not interested in absurd wars.

IMG-0362.jpg
Nice ssj4 Goku and what I assume is Majin Vegeta?

"our work with Microsoft to build high performance CPUs and GPUs for the Xbox Series X and S"

"We're also incredibly proud of our deep partnership with Sony to power the new Playstation 5."

Lisa Su - CES 2021.

Just to remember.

"deep partnership", interesting choice of words.

makes me curious.

You may say so. More like pushing the level a bit higher in fauna and flora documentation. It's a bit risky investment as it would cost me around $7K total with all the lenses etc. But if it goes as planned, then it can bring some serious money.

Sometimes you need to seek your dreams, but cautiously of course. Been photographing and filming nature since 2009, but never went full pro in gear, yet made some good money and reputation along the way via TV. I'm buying it mainly for its high ISO and 4K@120fps 10-bit. Maybe I'll start sharing some when I'm up and running. But this is the state of my channel, pretty humble (zero gaming):

Brother Bo that's fucking amazing man. Hopefully you can share with us some of your work one day.

EDIT: Oh wait, you already have linked your youtube channel. Subscribed.
And its in 4K too. You beautiful bastard.

Bo you're an inspiration. My Mavic Mini has been sitting idle for weeks now. I'm going to go out and fly today. Weather looks good and wind speed is not too bad.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Brother Bo that's fucking amazing man. Hopefully you can share with us some of your work one day.

EDIT: Oh wait, you already have linked your youtube channel. Subscribed.
And its in 4K too. You beautiful bastard.

Bo you're an inspiration. My Mavic Mini has been sitting idle for weeks now. I'm going to go out and fly today. Weather looks good and wind speed is not too bad.

Yeah no matter what you do, if you don't spend big on gear you can't go higher. My eyes are actually on Aljazeera Documentary channel, gonna go and meet some people there. Whether they offer me something right away or not, I can seek guidance and probably get some pro advices to what to do next. Keeping my expectations pretty low, but dreaming big as well. This also should shape what lenses I should buy first, although I got like 5-6 in mind each with its usage, but 70% videography 30% photography.

Share your stuff with us as well! My drone was sitting idle since late September as well until I sold it. Aiming for Mavic 3 Pro later when it releases as should have at least 4K@60fps 10-bit. 8-bit isn't good enough if you prefer shooting in flat mode (D-Log, Cine-like, S-Log, etc) to extract as much dark and bright details as possible that are closer to what you see with your naked eye, or better ;) But needs post processing/color grading. I make my own LUT's as each camera has different color science, but from then you can have a faster process with the next clip.

IzfVxD7z0o.jpeg

But this took me 10 hours straight to color grade, as I'm a beginner in color grading and 8-bit is pretty dodgy. Might give Sony a7S III raw 16-bit a try when I get the external recorder.

Yeah no matter what you do, if you don't spend big on gear you can't go higher. My eyes are actually on Aljazeera Documentary channel, gonna go and meet some people there. Whether they offer me something right away or not, I can seek guidance and probably get some pro advices to what to do next. Keeping my expectations pretty low, but dreaming big as well. This also should shape what lenses I should buy first, although I got like 5-6 in mind each with its usage, but 70% videography 30% photography.

Share your stuff with us as well! My drone was sitting idle since late September as well until I sold it. Aiming for Mavic 3 Pro later when it releases as should have at least 4K@60fps 10-bit. 8-bit isn't good enough if you prefer shooting in flat mode (D-Log, Cine-like, S-Log, etc) to extract as much dark and bright details as possible that are closer to what you see with your naked eye, or better ;) But needs post processing/color grading. I make my own LUT's as each camera has different color science, but from then you can have a faster process with the next clip.

IzfVxD7z0o.jpeg

But this took me 10 hours straight to color grade, as I'm a beginner in color grading and 8-bit is pretty dodgy. Might give Sony a7S III raw 16-bit a try when I get the external recorder.

Noice.

Going to build a decent gaming PC this year and after that pick up some other lenses for my camera. I have A6400 that I picked up late last year along with a 14mm Sigma and 85mm Sony lens. Starting off with APS-C format since its my first camera then when the photography bug proper bites, I'll upgrade to full frame.

I've only just started off with drones so I've not yet had a proper go at colour grading, editing as I don't have my own PC at the moment. I'm using my work laptop but you know I'd prefer to use my own PC so I'm going to need a decent rig.
Also have a GoPro 8 and same thing with that. Have not had motivation to really do some good colour grading or editing on that due to not having the hardware to do so. Whatever edits I do, i do them on my mobile and they're quick ones.

But yea, I can learn a thing or two from someone like you so really keen to stay glued to your youtube channel and happy to support a fellow GAFer.

Speaking of which. I haven't even touched video recording features on my Sony A6400 since I got it. Also I will need a gimble for smooth video so that's another purchase for the future. Going to be a poor SOB this year but then again some of the photographers here at my work eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to roll with the latest gear LOL.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Noice.

Going to build a decent gaming PC this year and after that pick up some other lenses for my camera. I have A6400 that I picked up late last year along with a 14mm Sigma and 85mm Sony lens. Starting off with APS-C format since its my first camera then when the photography bug proper bites, I'll upgrade to full frame.

I've only just started off with drones so I've not yet had a proper go at colour grading, editing as I don't have my own PC at the moment. I'm using my work laptop but you know I'd prefer to use my own PC so I'm going to need a decent rig.
Also have a GoPro 8 and same thing with that. Have not had motivation to really do some good colour grading or editing on that due to not having the hardware to do so. Whatever edits I do, i do them on my mobile and they're quick ones.

But yea, I can learn a thing or two from someone like you so really keen to stay glued to your youtube channel and happy to support a fellow GAFer.

Speaking of which. I haven't even touched video recording features on my Sony A6400 since I got it. Also I will need a gimble for smooth video so that's another purchase for the future. Going to be a poor SOB this year but then again some of the photographers here at my work eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to roll with the latest gear LOL.

Just keep in mind that it's an expensive hobby to have. If it's not producing money, maybe it's better to control your urge of spending on all the goodies. If you ever succeed then it's one of the best businesses out there.

Got a proper PC, very good 4x4 to reach further, and now grinding for camera gear. I use DaVainci Resolve, but the LUT's I made might not work as they are made for DJI Mavic Air 2, Cinelike mode but happy to share them. Keep in touch in the PM or here:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

IzfVxD7z0o.jpeg

That picture looks like standard RAW file to anyother bitmap format, even if this looks like full on wizadry, it's actually the easiest way how to edit image, because bitmap editing even as in bmp is hell...

MistBreeze

this generation is starting out great

there is a huge list of games to play including last gen bc games and some with minor patches became great

I played valhalla but could not complete it ... it is just too long
I ll come back to it later

I started Rayman legends and having a blast .... tried PUBG after 60 fps patch and it is night and day deffirence despite graphics are quite ugly ... but gameplay is so smooth now it is great feeling to play

I feel lost many backlog games and many great last gen updated games... u feel this after playing quite compelling launch day games first and third party

sinnergy

Yeah, people bashing Insomniac for their extensive rework for Spiderman Remastered, now we know WTF you get as free upgrade = half-assed work.
Half assed? It’s a pretty good update for the Jedi, if you are on Xbox, full 4K post processing, higher resolutions than PS5, I think it’s great to get this for free.

Hashi

IzfVxD7z0o.jpeg

S-log doesnt mean you shot below 10-bit. S-log (s-gammut) is very wide color space (above that human eye can see and displays can show). The 7Sm3 can shot 10-bit mp4 and even 16-bit RAW (external). But when you shot 7Sm2 in S-log3 is beyond 8-bit color information but then its compressed.
S-Log_pct_03.jpg

You must watch at s-log like shooting beyond 10-bit (by sensor) but 7Sm3 give you normal shootin (without s-log) in 10-bit mode 422 chroma.
S-log3 is 14 stops dynamic range so its 2^14 levels of brightness.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
S-log doesnt mean you shot below 10-bit. S-log (s-gammut) is very wide color space (above that human eye can see and displays can show). The 7Sm3 can shot 10-bit mp4 and even 16-bit RAW (external). But when you shot 7Sm2 in S-log3 is beyond 8-bit color information but then its compressed.
S-Log_pct_03.jpg

You must watch at s-log like shooting beyond 10-bit (by sensor) but 7Sm3 give you normal shootin (without s-log) in 10-bit mode 422 chroma.
S-log3 is 14 stops dynamic range so its 2^14 levels of brightness.

Yes, with post processing you're safer with 10-bit than 8-bit and you can lay around more before noise creep into the scene, that what I meant ;) Also in nature you face many situations where there is too bright and too dark contrast that normal shooting won't cut it, like facing the sun. It's a wonderful way to preserve as much details as possible ;) Could be tiresome in post editing but the results always better when there is enough light. At night, dark you should avoid it if you're trying to film a bird/animal unless you have some lights, which might scare the subject.

Last edited:
Expensive hobby he says to a forum full of gaming enthusiasts. Finally checked out your YouTube channel. Love it

Gaming isn't as expensive. If you are on a budget, just set aside $500.

Get a series s ($300), 1080p/60 monitor ($100), another $100 for gamepass using gold exploit and you are set pretty nicely.

In photography any one decent body/lens will cost $1000 on smaller sensor. You will need 4-5 of these to cover most generes.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I didn't understand. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:
Oh, RAW type pictures are directly off the camera sensor without processing, which means that you can change a lot of parameters without loosing quality (because that would normally be done by some chip on the camera itself. These photos looks like you posted that first picture, which does not have much color or much contrast. I am just saying, that editing this files is easier than normall processed JPEGs....

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Oh, RAW type pictures are directly off the camera sensor without processing, which means that you can change a lot of parameters without loosing quality (because that would normally be done by some chip on the camera itself. These photos looks like you posted that first picture, which does not have much color or much contrast. I am just saying, that editing this files is easier than normall processed JPEGs....

Yeah videos in general rarely shot in RAW, which is 12-bit or more (16-bit in a7S III externally). But still 10-bit would give you more freedom over 8-bit.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Seems plausible.

Whats the faster way to recoup that money?

Make a game ecosystem exclusive or include the PS5 playerbase?

I wonder what he is inferring to. 🤔

He knows these types of things are always being kicked around and Microsoft has tried backing up the money truck for years to some of the biggest multplat games.

The Bethesda deal Microsoft and Sony each have tried many times before to acquire them just literally took years to arrive at a number each camp was happy with.

I remember playing PUBG in early access with some Xbox upper management and was told then they were close to a Bethesda deal and that was like almost 4 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom