• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the next step in building an industry-leading first party studios team, a commitment we have to our Xbox community. With the addition of the Bethesda creative teams, gamers should know that Xbox consoles, PC, and Game Pass will be the best place to experience new Bethesda games, including some new titles in the future that will be exclusive to Xbox and PC players.
jurassic park water GIF

THEAP99

Banned
I think this refers to the ones that Sony bought exclusivity to. But everything else will be exclusive.
Idk if that would be the case because those already had contracts signed so of course they those contracts couldn't be torn up. I would of imagine they would've just said "current contracts" would be honored instead of the vague "some will be exclusive." I guess we'll have to wait and see lol

ErRor88

Idk if that would be the case because those already had contracts signed so of course they those contracts couldn't be torn up. I would of imagine they would've just said "current contracts" would be honored instead of the vague "some will be exclusive." I guess we'll have to wait and see lol
Yup. But they may be some contracts that were signed that we are not aware of. Like the Doom PSVR version that popped up.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Well PS5 is at 5.6 million sold through 15 weeks according to. VG Chartz. Which is terrible considering where they could be but during the chip shortages ehh. Some automakers have stopped assembly lines over it.

XBOX series at 3.7
If this is accurate, PS5 isnt too far off the PS4 numbers at this time 2014. Yeah it could be alot better, but still.
How are they going to do that? Are they going to gimp the PS5 version like make it run at 720p or at half the framerate? That's not likely. Like you wrote I think the only thing they can do is interesting price (gamepass) and time exclusivity.

Because they obviously forgot the other part of that phrase was ....first...or....best when MS talked about the Zenimax purchase. We'll see which one it is when it launches tho.

jroc74

Key words: "in the future". Not near future. This is vague AF. :unsure:

Now you know why yesterday we had so much damage control from the representatives of the toxic community.

Also "some".

At some point all future titles could be exclusive. When that starts, we dont know.
That statement is nothing new.. what did people think "case by case basis" meant when Spencer said it?

Exactly. Some actually think its only DeathLoop and Ghostwire. lol

Last edited:

FrankWza

Also "some".

At some point all future titles could be exclusive. When that starts, we dont know.

Exactly. Some actually think its only DeathLoop and Ghostwire. lol
I think they’ll test the waters and see how upset it makes their base. If the doubling of gold is any indication they’re going to have to make it completely exclusive. They’ll just charge their install base higher fees for everything if need be.

Last edited:

jroc74

I think they’ll test the waters and see how upset it makes their base. If the doubling of gold is any indication they’re going to have to make it completely exclusive. They’ll just charge their install base higher fees for everything if need be.

This seems possible and makes sense.

Ppl better get those Gold to Game pass deals while they can.

Well that is your theory, and it´s only a theory. Microsoft really can do whatever they want as they are 100% owners of Zenimax. They are in a quite better economic situation than Sony, so they don´t need sell to all platforms.

By the way, a company that belongs to another is always a subsidiary of the same. The term subsidiary does not change anything, I tell you from experience since my company is a subsidiary of an HQ.

Hmmm I wonder if it was Meirl?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

ToadMan

I doubt it would come to PS5. We'll see.

If it’s in development it’ll come to PS5 (and maybe even 4 - it’s been so long they probably started there).

1. The project has been costed and built that way - as a multiplat - as far as anyone is aware. Recouping those costs means selling it to the target audiences not suddenly cutting one out. MS is business - they know you spec a project for it’s target sales - they’re not gonna crap on the business planning Zeni have done previously.

2. Some people on that team have spent a significant portion of their careers developing that game for PlayStation (and perhaps other platforms). MS can’t turn up and say “hey thanks for your effort but your last five years get canned and you’re a pawn in our corporate machine now”. Those guys will be out the door day one - MS won’t be trying to piss off anyone.

Whatever is in development will be deployed where it was supposed to go. Even if they do a half assed job just to get it out the door. 🤷‍♂️

If it’s in development it’ll come to PS5 (and maybe even 4 - it’s been so long they probably started there).

1. The project has been costed and built that way - as a multiplat - as far as anyone is aware. Recouping those costs means selling it to the target audiences not suddenly cutting one out. MS is business - they know you spec a project for it’s target sales - they’re not gonna crap on the business planning Zeni have done previously.

2. Some people on that team have spent a significant portion of their careers developing that game for PlayStation (and perhaps other platforms). MS can’t turn up and say “hey thanks for your effort but your last five years get canned and you’re a pawn in our corporate machine now”. Those guys will be out the door day one - MS won’t be trying to piss off anyone.

Whatever is in development will be deployed where it was supposed to go. Even if they do a half assed job just to get it out the door. 🤷‍♂️
Sounds like Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop will hit the PS5 as planned. I believe Phil Spencer said they would.

I'm not 100% sure but I think there was rather a bit of difference between how EUVL was originally envisioned to work, with how it practically does in reality. Hence why Intel almost cratered their CPU business trying and failing to solve the issues with EUVL.

I'm not sure what TSMC did to solve the problems related to the pellicule material, but I think it involved adding a number of extra process steps that allow for not having to use any pellicule at all.

Don't quote me on any of this though.
I'm not sure what changes had to be done to EUV. I know there were lots of issues with developing the tech and it got constantly delayed for years upon years. This caused a significant slowdown in node advancement, as a lot of tricks had to be made to make do without EUV. But EUV was finally ready for market and released, so I assume whatever end form it took makes financial sense.

There is some detail on this article regarding EUV, it seems EUV is only used in part of the manufacturing process of 7nm and 5nm while more older tech is still used at 7nm and 5nm.

It still seems like the ASML company is in a very good position given they've exclusive rights to EUV tech, if I'm not mistaken, and intel, TSMC and samsung must buy the EUV equipment from them.

BTW hear 3nm is still on track at TSMC. So that might be used late in ps5 lifespan for ps5 pro.

edit:
Also it appears progress is being made with 2nm and it might be available by the time ps6 rolls around.

Last edited:
I just laughing in the irony of the people who said doesn't understand why the console gamers get angry for lost an exclusivity,
is now happy because 2 of 3 the consoles lost some of the new games for this acquisition.

I don't say Xbox is doing something bad in the end if that decision was mine I probably will do the same but the hypocrisy man.
giphy.gif

I just laughing in the irony of the people who said doesn't understand why the console gamers get angry for lost an exclusivity,
is now happy because 2 of 3 the consoles lost some of the new games for this acquisition.

I don't say Xbox is doing something bad in the end if that decision was mine I probably will do the same but the hypocrisy man.
giphy.gif
It might not be happiness that other consoles lost something but more that the console they prefer will continue to get support. Lots of people were upset when the Dreamcast was dropped and Sega left the hardware space. Many people don't want the Xbox to be met with the same fate. Looking at MS's recent moves the Xbox will be supported for a long time to come and I think that's pretty cool.

It might not be happiness that other consoles lost something but more that the console they prefer will continue to get support. Lots of people were upset when the Dreamcast was dropped and Sega left the hardware space. Many people don't want the Xbox to be met with the same fate. Looking at MS's recent moves the Xbox will be supported for a long time to come and I think that's pretty cool.
But that is bullshit for example I already bought more Bethesda games for my Xbox One compare to my PS4 pro or even my PC (yeah I know is weird).

In a parallel universe where this acquisition did not happen the same games will be in Xbox so your prefer platform will have the same quantity games you only
make the another lost those titles. Is the same like when PlayStation acquired Insomniac, they already were doing most of its game for PS the people of
Xbox and Nintendo just lost that possibility, this is not good for you as user.

I celebrate create new studios like The Initiative or even bought some small indies but this not.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
The virgin Sony Tuesday:
-PC Ports
-VR delayed to 2022
-Gran Turismo Delayed
-Close Japan Studios

The Chad Microsoft Tueday:
-Close the Deal on Zenimax Acquisition
-"Some" aka crumbs for playstation
-Tease new Announcements for unannounced games.
-Phils Desk with teases and hints for the future.

Last edited:

Dibils2k

*Pretends to be shocked*

The mental gymnastics around the quote from their Xbox CFO was astonishing, saw the quotes about "Well, they can't talk about exclusivity because buyout isn't complete dammit! Do you even legal?" parroted across both forums. Even though the said quote specifically was talking about exclusivity of Bethesda games.

GamePass USP will always be tied to 1) Value, cheap as $10 to play 100s of games including all FP games Day 1 in addition to 2) Flexibility, especially when xCloud evolves more in the biggest gaming market i.e. U.S.

I still don't expect them to commit to their release strategy, they'll throw vague quotes around, like "case-by-case basis", if "the strategy for particular game is fit" yadda yadda, to whip their fanbase into frenzy, who'll cherry-pick the titles they definitely think will be exclusive...but actually won't be in the end because Xbox CFO made it known months ago. For bigger tentpoles, I see timed exclusivity ranging from 6months to an year, followed by a full $70 release on other platforms.

Get your Hazmat suits on, it's gonna get toxic.

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

The virgin Sony Tuesday:
-PC Ports
-VR delayed to 2022
-Gran Turismo Delayed
-Close Japan Studios

-Basically all the first parties of Xbox are already in PC so why this is a bad news for Sony ?
-Xbox doesn't have plans to sell a VR as we know
-Is sad but any console looks like have ready a racing game for this year
-This is sad

-Well was almost impossible this will not happen so
-But this good and the PC ports of Sony were bad ?
-They always had those
-Lets see what happens

Last edited:

FrankWza

This seems possible and makes sense.

Ppl better get those Gold to Game pass deals while they can.
The reaction to the doubling was so bad they reversed course in less than a day. And that only applied to new subs. The exclusivity applies to existing customers and their perception of the platform going forward. They have a lot riding on making these games exclusives imo

Krisprolls

Banned

Derift

The virgin Sony Tuesday:
-PC Ports
-VR delayed to 2022
-Gran Turismo Delayed
-Close Japan Studios

... lol the dishonestly strikes again...

so let's start with these PC ports pc ports weren't just announced on Tuesday we already had at least 3 ports prior to the announcement of days gone... and even with that being said Xbox has been doing this for years....

VR being delayed??? we didn't even know PS5 was going to get VR so I don't know how it's been "delayed till 2022" also I'm still waiting on Xbox VR

Gran Turismo was inevitable Covid n all I suspect many games will be getting delayed due to this...also I'm still waiting on a next-gen game for Xbox considering I have both ps5 and Xbox one seems to be collecting dust...

Japan studios closing it happens and this is more of a reshuffling around team Asobi... hardly a bad move since the studio hasn't produced much lately...

"some" crumbs for PlayStation lol Xbox own the studio but still want to release on other platforms... lol Xbox showing they ain't big boys yet because we know had this been Nintendo or Sony those would straight up be exclusives but Microsoft isn't confident in their gamers since yall don't buy games...

teases and new announcements....haven't we been here before??? time after time we get promises and time after time they aren't fulfilled... good to know people are still foolish enough to believe them...

this is where we are now looking for hope on a guy's desk...

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Krisprolls

Banned
You should have actually read the article. The title is about the CPU which we know is the same apart from slight clock speed advantage for Xbox.
The article says the GPU is better in Xbox.

Xbox GPU is so much better that PS5 runs better in nearly every new title tested. So much power.

The dev himself doesn't talk about GPU by the way, it's the person who made the article, in the intro...

Last edited:

Venom Snake

I will not think too much about the hidden meanings of such statements.

If Microsoft wants me to buy third-party content not for my ps5 but for the XsX/XSS then i can do only one of these things for them: not buy it for my ps5.
If, on the other hand, they delay the ps versions or deliberately gimp them - i will wait for the prices to drop.

It is that simple. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Xbox GPU is so much better that PS5 runs better in nearly every new title tested. So much power.

The dev himself doesn't talk about GPU by the way, it's the person who made the article, in the intro...

Nah the only game with a substantial difference is Hitman 3 with a 44% resolution advantage that's constant and higher settings. PS5 will never have that sort of constant advantage over Xbox in its lifetime.

Krisprolls

Banned
Nah the only game with a substantial difference is Hitman 3 with a 44% resolution advantage that's constant and higher settings. PS5 will never have that sort of constant advantage over Xbox in its lifetime.

You're so delusional. PS5 destroys XSX in DMC5 high framerate mode with 50 fps difference (75 % advantage) on long periods. Even Hitman 3 also has parts where PS5 outperforms.

Look :

fQukxBC.jpg

113/65 fps : 74 % performance advantage for PS5.

You're welcome. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

onesvenus

Isn't that what happens with all exclusives? Most start with multiplatform development until some company buys the exclusive rights for that game to be only published on one console

How are they going to do that? Are they going to gimp the PS5 version like make it run at 720p or at half the framerate? That's not likely. Like you wrote I think the only thing they can do is interesting price (gamepass) and time exclusivity.
Lets not kid ourselves XSX has an advantage over on PS5, that being said PS5 isn't far behind XSX. As you can see some games PS5 performs better, some XSX performs better.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
You're so delusional. PS5 destroys XSX in DMC5 high framerate mode with 50 fps difference (75 % advantage) on long periods. Even Hitman 3 also has parts where PS5 outperforms.

Look :

fQukxBC.jpg

113/65 fps : 74 % performance advantage for PS5.

You're welcome. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Do we know how the patches went with this game or nobody care about DMC V: SE?

Dabaus

Banned
-Basically all the first parties of Xbox are already in PC so why this is a bad news for Sony ?
-Xbox doesn't have plans to sell a VR as we know
-Is sad but any console looks like have ready a racing game for this year
-This is sad

-Well was almost impossible this will not happen so
-But this good and the PC ports of Sony were bad ?
-They always had those
-Lets see what happens

... lol the dishonestly strikes again...

so let's start with these PC ports pc ports weren't just announced on Tuesday we already had at least 3 ports prior to the announcement of days gone... and even with that being said Xbox has been doing this for years....

VR being delayed??? we didn't even know PS5 was going to get VR so I don't know how it's been "delayed till 2022" also I'm still waiting on Xbox VR

Gran Turismo was inevitable Covid n all I suspect many games will be getting delayed due to this...also I'm still waiting on a next-gen game for Xbox considering I have both ps5 and Xbox one seems to be collecting dust...

Japan studios closing it happens and this is more of a reshuffling around team Asobi... hardly a bad move since the studio hasn't produced much lately...

"some" crumbs for PlayStation lol Xbox own the studio but still want to release on other platforms... lol Xbox showing they ain't big boys yet because we know had this been Nintendo or Sony those would straight up be exclusives but Microsoft isn't confident in their gamers since yall don't buy games...

teases and new announcements....haven't we been here before??? time after time we get promises and time after time they aren't fulfilled... good to know people are still foolish enough to believe them...

this is where we are now looking for hope on a guy's desk...

Cope and Seethe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom