• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I cant take orisis seriously. he posts these riddles instead of actual info and then claims he predicted it all along.

just post the damn info.

whoever81

"Sony Square NYC is a public space committed to showcasing innovations in products, music, movies and gaming. Visit us in the bustling Flatiron District for exclusive content, product launches, creative workshops, live performances and more." .

So is there a possibility Sony will reveal the PS5 during this and not after? Say around the 5th of February right in the middle.

Last edited:
"Sony Square NYC is a public space committed to showcasing innovations in products, music, movies and gaming. Visit us in the bustling Flatiron District for exclusive content, product launches, creative workshops, live performances and more." .
So is there a possibility Sony will reveal the PS5 during this and not after?
They need to send invite to press as press have to be there .and yes this is the place where they revealed ps4.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Nah man, would looks like a xbox one og.

💄

See that Donkey Kong face, stop snorting bananas 😆

I saw your pic on anotjer thread, and there are some concerns, your face and neck doesnt match your arm and chest, weak editing.

Hes poorly photoshoped

You should be banned for that pic, the fuuuuuck.
He got owned in a MMA match

Editing? Lol haha u got it buddy  always has to be one hater. I'm definitely not one of you dudes tht has to portray or be someone he's not to feel better. What's next my arms have to be verified? 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

saintjules

As a result, we have decided not to participate in E3 in 2019. We are exploring new and familiar ways to engage our community in 2019 and can’t wait to share our plans with you.”

Just re-reading Sony's announcement back in 2018 about not attending E3 in 2019. I mean, when they say exploring new ways, that didn't mean just for 2019. I think their days of attending E3 are over.

whoever81

They need to send invite to press as press have to be there .and yes this is the place where they revealed ps4.

"In early 2013, Sony announced that an event known as PlayStation Meeting 2013 would be held in New York City, U.S., on February 20, 2013, to cover the "future of PlayStation". -Wikipedia (Playstation 4)

I see differences. I mean with the current month experience thing.

Last edited:

tenor.gif

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
This is SO nice! Love it!

It’s nice... and I like it a lot.

But the black PS5 cases stuff beats it hands down.

But to be fair, I don’t see them looking that nice. They never do...

I would be more than happy if we just stopped this utterly fucking stupid routine of having the Xbox banner TWICE on the case?! What the fuck is the point!!!

U7zW421.jpg

How stupid a designer do you have to be to ok this bullshit?

Editing? Lol haha u got it buddy  always has to be one hater. I'm definitely not one of you dudes tht has to portray or be someone he's not to feel better. What's next my arms have to be verified? 🤣🤣🤣
Not at all, i already told you, your face & neck doesn't match the rest, looks weird to me.
Anyway back to the topic.

ethomaz

Banned
This is SO nice! Love it!

I actually found the logo too simple and not matching with the rest of the image maybe due the green?
That is these cases where the log breaks the overall quality of the picture.

In Xbox One's cases the log just fit way better.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
That V Shaped PS5 dev kit is HIDEOUS. For the life of me, can't imagine how anyone can actually LIKE the way it looks. It looks like a cheap 1980s toy.

Get in the back of the line bcus there are many tht like it. Square, lame, uninspiring looking box does nothing for me. I don't want something tht could be confused for a vcr, pc tower or cable box.

Hey but we all have diff tastes. I like girls with fat asses some dudes like breasts or other 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Indeed even Klee said that xsx it's slightly over 12 and ps5 slightly over xsx, so what Henry is saying doesn't corrispond, at all...
But then Matt said that if he had to guess he would say the XSX would be more powerful.
That's why you treat insiders with a grain of salt.
Now with all the leaks we have been given, one may well be true, but it's buried under all the others ones. Kinda makes you think that half these leaks could be disinfo put out by the companies themselves.

well hes not exactly wrong. MS did buy up Titanfall's life time exclusivity after Vince Zempalla said we would see a PS4 version soon. Phil also bought Tomb Raider exclusivity and spent $3 billion for Minecraft.

I just dont think anyone's gonna fall for it anymore. Titanfall 2 was basically DOA on arrival on the PS4, partially because the first one never launched on the most popular console. Same thing happened with Shadow of tomb raider. While publisher execs love fattening their pockets with a cut of whatever millions MS is throwing at them, they do know how to do the math and giving MS exclusive rights to their games which not only wont sell as well but also kill any future sales for the franchise is probably not good business.

With all that said, i think next gen will bring back the third party exclusive deals everyone loves to hate. It's crazy that Sony was able to lock up FF7, Nioh 1&2, Nier 2, Yakuza and several other japanese franchises without MS doing much to stop them. I wouldnt be surprised if MS bought another timed exclusive and i certainly wouldnt be surprised if Sony did the same with a massive franchise.

• I am pretty sure Rocksteady has been quiet for 4 years because their game is now next gen and likely a Sony exclusive.
  • As crazy as it sounds, i think Sony might have paid Rockstar some serious cash to get 1-2 months timed exclusivity for GTA6. After all, if the game is next gen only, they wont be selling $700 million worth of copies in the first weekend. It's a risky move and maybe some assurances and cash from Sony was the push they needed to not make the game cross gen. I wouldnt be surprised that the recent rush of MS buying up studios was directly as a result of Sony's deal with Rockstar. After all, Phil didnt give a shit about building a first party portfolio at the start of this gen and his first acquisition was Minecraft. why the change of heart all of a sudden?
  • I think they will partner up with either Ready at Dawn, Platinum Games and maybe a couple other third party studios in japan.
I am sure MS will do some deals to counter them. i just dont know if any of the big studios will fall for it.
Things changed when Google announced Stadia. For them to get people to go with Stadia above PS5 or XSX, just having versions of Tomb Raider or COD isn't going to cut it. They have set up one studio already and bought Typhoon games. While not that impressive yet, Google doesnt do anything by halves. It will do something big to gain a foothold and market share. And they have the cash to do it.
Therr is also alot of talk that Amazon are also going to release a game streaming service as well. And Amazon is even more predatory than Google or MS. So my guess is over the next five years there will be cash flying around for exclusives, money hard and studio buyouts.

LordOfChaos

TeraFlops - are not everything - -

They aren't a lie, they just don't denote efficiency in using that theoretical number, and I think everyone in this 616 page thread is already on board with that.

Filling all execution hardware every cycle is the hard part, and one where Nvidia does very well.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
@OsirisBlack any idea if Sony will patch TLoU2 and Ghost of Tokyo for PS5 or do we have to double dip? If we do, would it be a huge upgrade or not?
Ghost of Tokyo lol. That sounds like what the Boomer buying it for their grandkid would tell the GameStop employee they needed

I don't think they could get away with making double dips when they've already said it'll have BC

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

But then Matt said that if he had to guess he would say the XSX would be more powerful.
That's why you treat insiders with a grain of salt.
Now with all the leaks we have been given, one may well be true, but it's buried under all the others ones. Kinda makes you think that half these leaks could be disinfo put out by the companies themselves.

That's just an opinon, not a fact. I don't see the problem, for now two recognized insiders reported the same informations, and nothing changed for them till now, if things will change, they will know of course. :messenger_winking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom