• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will drip feed people with info to avoid direct confrontation with XSX, which by all accounts and most reliable leak thus far, has it beaten.

Their marketing at this point sounds really weird. Announcing PS5 vis Wired, presenting logo at CES, few hours after Phil shown everyone new X chip and month after 12TF Navi...who knows, seems weird tbh.
It means they are hiding something, i hope its a POWERFUL console, they dont want MS catching whiffs of it.
Big surprise ahead.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Gotta say I think skipping e3 reeks of the old Sony, and it’s a bad move.

But on the other hand, Sony could shit in a box and it would likely sell a few million.

So it won’t hurt them all that much. But it does give me flash backs to the Sony of old, and I had hoped that was long gone.

Just an aside, everybody keeps taking about the SX being $100 more... where could this info possibly have come from? No developer would have that sort of info, and it wouldn’t even be final even if Phil himself leaked it.
Meh, being at E3 costs a lot of money. It seems they feel that is money better spent being at “hundreds” of other events. Perhaps the idea is to give people more access to hands on experiences than only those with tickets/access to e3. Between that and any private event or events they set up, I don’t think it is as bad as some may think. E3 has been dying for years.

Audiophile

CSI'd

PS54-CHANENH.jpg

splattered

Ugh I knew it. Arrogant sony is back.

Events for the fans is a good thing, but the only way I can see it being more important than attending something like e3 is because you really do have the weaker system but you want to put it in fans hands and hype up how amazing it is all year long even though maybe it's not really as great as it should have been... because they went the cheaper route. Man I hope not.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Ok, I’ll bite, even though I’m sure that’s a 3d print, but anyway.

I would assume the right (bottom) section is a disk loading slot, so it doesn’t slide against anything. But the left is utterly pointless. Not that Sony haven’t done that before *cough* burgers *cough*. But I can’t see any usb slots, and I doubt Sony would release hardware with none on the front. They could, in theory, be in that little recess on the left (top) but that would scratch the hell out of the surface over time. It also loops big, about as wide as a one x, I would say, but not as tall. And that to me would instantly scream heeeeeeeeeeeeeat.

But it’s a 3d print, so, you know.

LED Guy?

Banned

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Gotta say I think skipping e3 reeks of the old Sony, and it’s a bad move.

But on the other hand, Sony could shit in a box and it would likely sell a few million.

So it won’t hurt them all that much. But it does give me flash backs to the Sony of old, and I had hoped that was long gone.

Just an aside, everybody keeps taking about the SX being $100 more... where could this info possibly have come from? No developer would have that sort of info, and it wouldn’t even be final even if Phil himself leaked it.
How is this old Sony? They realize they dont need E3 and that E3 needs them. They can accomplish so much more on their own with the good faith they built with customers the last 1 and a half generations.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
How is this old Sony? They realize they dont need E3 and that E3 needs them. They can accomplish so much more on their own with the good faith they built with customers the last 1 and a half generations.

How? Easy. They realize they dont need E3 and that E3 needs them. They can accomplish so much more on their own with the good faith they built with customers the last 1 and a half generations.

TheStruggler

How? Easy. They realize they dont need E3 and that E3 needs them. They can accomplish so much more on their own with the good faith they built with customers the last 1 and a half generations.
That isn't old Sony this is confident Sony not cocky Sony that released a console for 600 dollars and used architecture that devs hated

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Theres are the dumbest comments I have seen in a while, up there with "Xbox Series X doesnt need exclusives at launch"

I suppose that some have already seen whatever plan Sony has, what the console is and how much it costs as well as how the generation will go. All this from an announcement they are skipping E3 in favor of something different.

Those people should not bother dating because they already know how the relationship is gonna go, as well as that things will be ending in a nasty divorce.

Disco_

Wow. Looks like it's true. Jason Schreier got one right.

"Hundreds of shows"............

1. Sony reveal event
2. Sony conference outside of E3 (in a different building give or take a week from E3)
3. Gamescom
4. PAX
5. Tokyo show
6. Taipei show
7. I think there's a show in Paris?

OK gamers........... anyone know what the 193+ other shows are?
PlayStation's GameStop Revival Tour 2020.

Lampiao

If I had to bet on something, I'd say Sony must be hiding something big and important from leaks or unnecessary exposure.
Disappearing from major events for 2 years by a theoretically 9.2 tf console, which would not even be more powerful than the competition, makes no sense.
They have something special, and they must be waiting for the moment to shake the gaming world.

TheStruggler

I suppose that some have already seen whatever plan Sony has, what the console is and how much it costs as well as how the generation will go. All this from an announcement they are skipping E3 in favor of something different.

Those people should not bother dating because they already know how the relationship is gonna go, as well as that things will be ending in a nasty divorce.
Sounds like reeee

TheStruggler

if sony launches a "Pro" model 2-3years after launch it will completely checkmate MS. especially since the full power of the XSX won't be utilized those first couple of years.
Why would they need a pro version if most rumours state there after close anyways? Sounds like a waste of time and resources to me.

Screams fake, look at that PS logo fucked up.
If I had to bet on something, I'd say Sony must be hiding something big and important from leaks or unnecessary exposure.
Disappearing from major events for 2 years by a theoretically 9.2 tf console, which would not even be more powerful than the competition, makes no sense.
They have something special, and they must be waiting for the moment to shake the gaming world.
Most def, i hope so.

Shin

Banned
Why would they need a pro version if most rumours state there after close anyways? Sounds like a waste of time and resources to me.
Assumption, no one knows how well the Pro/X actually sold compared to the base model.
Whether it boosted and/or prolonged the generation (assuming that was their initial intention)

3 years from now 5nm EUV would have matured, I don't recall the specifics (you will have to look it up on TSMC's website) regarding the gains.
It would be cheaper (what Sony pays AMD and perhaps by extention TSMC as well) to put together while having better* specs than what's being released this year.
Sony is all about money, they are willing to sacrifice the hardcore as casual is the majority and that's their aim, so I wouldn't be surprised by 9.xx - 10.xx TF if it gets them $399 or even $449.

At the end of the day it's anyone's guess without the actual sales figures of Pro/X, those 2 tell the full story or at least make the story properly unfold.

TheStruggler

Assumption, no one knows how well the Pro/X actually sold compared to the base model.
Whether it boosted and/or prolonged the generation (assuming that was their initial intention)

3 years from now 5nm EUV would have matured, I don't recall the specifics (you will have to look it up on TSMC's website) regarding the gains.
It would be cheaper (what Sony pays AMD and perhaps by extention TSMC as well) to put together while having better* specs than what's being released this year.
Sony is all about money, they are willing to sacrifice the hardcore as casual is the majority and that's their aim, so I wouldn't be surprised by 9.xx - 10.xx TF if it gets them $399 or even $449.

At the end of the day it's anyone's guess without the actual sales figures of Pro/X, those 2 tell the full story or at least make the story properly unfold.
I guarantee the slim sold more than the pro

Shin

Banned
I guarantee the slim sold more than the pro
And that is why I feel that I might split from being only PlayStation and branch out and get a Xbox as well.
My interest doesn't longer align with PS, don't feel to wait 3 years for the version I actually want.

splattered

Theres are the dumbest comments I have seen in a while, up there with "Xbox Series X doesnt need exclusives at launch"

Uhh yeah sure. Enjoy the next 7 years of Flute Man, wine and cheese on a boat, and text to speech 20 minute presentations.

Sony doesn't need e3, e3 needs more flute!

Is this the new cowbell or what?

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

So Matt had the specs for both consoles, as well as getting Klees spec sheet before he ran, and he is taking a guess that the XSX will be more powerful?
Just listen to that for a second. I was told by all the Sony fanboys that he was an insider, and when Matt said the specs dont match the AMD leaks he would know.
Then when he comes out and say in he thinks the XSX will be more powerful (and if he had the spec sheets like the SDF here was saying, he wouldn't need to guess), all of a sudden its just an uneducated opinion.
Talk about mental gymnastics.
Maybe the reality is like some of us have been saying all along, and that is that these So called insiders like Matt and Klee actually dont have any real knowedge and were guessing the entire time.
But I'm sure the narative will be that Klee was always the insider and Matt never was.

Klee was enough specific about what he said, he's a very well known person in the industry because his past, and he would lied about specs and details because he didn't had any real informations so he guessed ???? Sorry i can't believe this, he put his face out in that thread, so i really doubt that he would be happy to be considered a liar...a man of 51 years...doesn't make any sense. However February is close, we'll see. For now i don't have any valida reason to not believe him, same for Osiris.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Klee was enough specific about what he said, he's a very well known person in the industry because his past, and he would lied about specs and details because he didn't had any real informations so he guessed ???? Sorry i can't believe this, he put his face out in that thread, so i really doubt that he would be happy to be considered a liar...a man of 51 years...doesn't make any sense. However February is close, we'll see. For now i don't have any valida reason to not believe him, same for Osiris.

I also do not believe Klee or OsirisBlack OsirisBlack are making things up. Personally I trust these guys what they have been saying.

Just my 2 cents.

TheStruggler

Uhh yeah sure. Enjoy the next 7 years of Flute Man, wine and cheese on a boat, and text to speech 20 minute presentations.

Sony doesn't need e3, e3 needs more flute!

Is this the new cowbell or what?
Better than the born and bred MS has no games fans, ph wait what games thats right MS didnt have any and they still dint have any bangers. Real talk, the last time MS had a banger was Halo 3.
While people use the excuse oh "well MS doesnt have any games going into this year because they are gearing up for next gen"

is that why Sony is leaving this gen behind with two big bangers? Lets be honest launch line ups are never really great however Sony can catch and captivate the attention compared to the "wellyou can play it on anything" rhetoric they are preaching. Im sorry but if Im throwing down 500 on a console I want that prime time experience. Thats like buying a brand new Mercedes saying "well this 2020 one has no new features, the same as the old one, oh but so you know in two years you can bring it back in and we can add in some new details after"

saintjules

I forget where I saw this, but I'm going to post it since I can't find it, but whomever made these PS5 mock ups deserves a job.

Probably the best looking PS5 fakes so far.

ps5-entwurf_6088641.jpg

ps5-entwurf_6088640.jpg
I agree. It was found initially on Reddit. In my opinion I think it's the best looking one I saw. I dont know, the Controller makes it come alive, especially with that glossy finish on the touchpad. Fresh out of a photoshoot.

Edit: It seems that the image was removed from the post! I wonder...

Last edited:
I am so fed up this point, just fucking reveal the ps meeting. can an insider with an ounce of balls just leak the damn date. that alone will help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom