• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Benji guess >$399

It wont surprise me if it is higher.

When MS and Sony first sat down designing these next consoles they set a target price and what they can get for this price.

Most of these guys sitting around the table talking about how to make money are not huge risk takers and $399 works.

I doubt Sony, especially after PS3 sat down to target anything above $399 but things could have very well happened and the price is getting higher then what they wanted.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ
yes .5700 and 5700XT core are not compatible with AMD ray tracing and VRS.
I remember even reading Cerny's interview where he said that they have devkits out in the wild to get dev's used to some of the features of PS5 in 2019 before Big Navi were ready. Would even speculate why Phil Spencer is showing off his non working APU in 2020 because they may be starting production of Sony and MS custom chips before rolling out the actual AMD Big Navy for production yield purposes. I dont know - It just makes sense to me that way. I think everyone has been going crazy over Sony's old devkit without Big Navi and Microsofts Big Navi custom chip picture. Sony is just playing quite while MS is enjoying their excitement for their Big Navi custom apu. All will be good and competitive I forsee!

And yet when people discuss MS claim of double Xbox one X power (6TF Gcn) the narrative magically change to TF=TF....hmmm does that mean XsX is actually 12TF Gcn ? 🧐
We still don't know yet about that 12Tf if its RDNA, early kits should be vega 64 gpu.
We all agree that XsX is 2,??x scorpio, i read some people bumpin those TF numbers like crazy, if it was the case Phil Spencer would have said : XsX is nearly 3x scorpio.
Benji guess >$399
If its the case, be prepred for desapointement perf wise.
it'll be around 499 imo.
Either that or 449$.

We still don't know yet about that 12Tf if its RDNA, early kits should be vega 64 gpu.
We all agree that XsX is 2,??x scorpio, i read some people bumpin those TF numbers like crazy, if it was the case Phil Spencer would have said : XsX is nearly 3x scorpio.

If its the case, be prepred for desapointement perf wise.

Either that or 449$.
Stop it. Its rdna. Lets bet accounts . Also mod of war you need more info so that these guys cant keep on spreading that FUD? Dm if you want the info.

joe_zazen

Anything above $399 is risky imo.

very, especially because there is a lockhart.

Sometimes americans forget that they have the world’s reserve currency and lots of wealth , so their relative prices are the lowest. If USD wasnt the reserve, it would lose easily 30% of its purchasing power. So my american brothers, when you hear 499, the rest of the world hears $650 USD.

QSYJOE0.jpg

NmlhozL.jpg

Don't @ me with "lol Foxy UK is unreliable" just relaying this, as this is a speculation thread. 🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂 There's enough salt for every to take a grain.

Last edited:

saintjules

So my american brothers, when you hear 499, the rest of the world hears $650 USD.

Yeah sometimes I too forget about those prices for other regions. So I definitely understand the others wondering about price.

I've already accepted the fact and ready to spend the $600 per Console + tax and games. Tax alone in NY for a Console is between $40-50.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
That foxygames_uk tweet... 😂 If it seems too good to be true, it normally is. So not only will the Playstation have a better SSD, it now will also be more powerful and keep a normal form factor? Yeah ok...

I had a feeling that is the route they would have to go, but trying to emulate a PS3 without any issues is near impossible at this time IMO due to its architeture, which sucks because there are a few games on there I would love to fire up and play without having to re-connect my old PS3!
I would be ecstatic if Sony could pull off PS3 emulation, or some other solution for backwards compatibility. I have a ton of PS3 games I would still like to play

to be fair, those consumers dont even look for the TF. its only us , the obssesed gamers, who know the difference :messenger_grinning:

Grandpa and Grandma are not going to care diddly squad about how many TFs are in the XSX or PS5 when Little Johnny asks for one next Christmas. But what they will care for, and will determine which system Little Johnny is going to get for Christmas, is the price. A $399 price point will be the difference, and will determine who will get the biggest jump start out of the gate.

Fake

Anw, if is really via software emulation PS5 could get ps1 games I don't expect any visual upgrade like Xbox BC been doing. Instead just a basic software emulation for sell the playstation store catalogue.

But, they can always surprise us.

Reindeer

Anw, if is really via software emulation PS5 could get ps1 games I don't expect any visual upgrade like Xbox BC been doing. Instead just a basic software emulation for sell the playstation store catalogue.

They could still get those games running in 4K through software emulation, that alone would be a massive upgrade.

Niked

I remember even reading Cerny's interview where he said that they have devkits out in the wild to get dev's used to some of the features of PS5 in 2019 before Big Navi were ready. Would even speculate why Phil Spencer is showing off his non working APU in 2020 because they may be starting production of Sony and MS custom chips before rolling out the actual AMD Big Navy for production yield purposes. I dont know - It just makes sense to me that way. I think everyone has been going crazy over Sony's old devkit without Big Navi and Microsofts Big Navi custom chip picture. Sony is just playing quite while MS is enjoying their excitement for their Big Navi custom apu. All will be good and competitive I forsee!
Yep, this is probably how it all went down. So this time around Sony has to rely on Cernys ability to innovate something special besides the controller and PSVR2.

saintjules

Yeah, I think it's just emulating to the point where they can play in the minimum. I don't think Sony will spend that time to re-polish old gen titles. Maybe PS4 though?

Last edited:
Stop it. Its rdna. Lets bet accounts . Also mod of war you need more info so that these guys cant keep on spreading that FUD? Dm if you want the info.
Wtf is this ! 👶👶👶👶👶👶👶👶👶👶
QSYJOE0.jpg

NmlhozL.jpg

Don't @ me with "lol Foxy UK is unreliable" just relaying this, as this is a speculation thread. 🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂 There's enough salt for every to take a grain.
🤦‍♂️ dont you think if it was real phil spencer would have said nerly 3x scorpio ? Trust me he would.

SmokSmog

Getting 3600 but with 8 cores inside a console would be awesome.
What is wrong with you people? Most people in this thread are clueless about electronic parts.

ZEN2 is ZEN2 U , H OR X version . ryzen 3600 is just 8 core chiplet with 2 cores disabled.

4800u is the same cpu as 3700x or 3800x but with only 8mb l3 cache and with lower clocks inside apu.

Console will have 8 core 16threads , 16MB or 8MB l3 cache 3-3.5Ghz lockd during heavy load ( gaming).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom