• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

demigod

No. But here, have this for u if you want to read someone's rambling on

This list looks like they just gathered a bunch of info and put it all into 1. Osiris has already mentioned some of the stuff in here today like the Rocksteady game. Benji said he’s heard of the zenimax before but didn’t say much.

farmerboy

Could you imagine... PS3 intro trailer graphics finally realised.

e3ps3frdrcnxcl_l2.jpg

A little bit of me died just now, thinking how it's unlikely to ever happen.

For shame Sony.

Their trolling says not one but two.. and hints at twisted metal AND Demon Souls.

This rumor looks pretty likely though..
Multiple states of the same game at once? It’s absolutely possible but how would save games and auto save work.. I suspect this is so u can quick swap between multiplayer and single player modes. ( which are often different executables packaged as one on consoles)

It says ps5 and xbox Sex are similar I suspect MS can bump up clocks before release and Sony can’t.. so they will push for 2tb rather than 1.( which for games is a good thing 1tb isn’t much!)
If Sony has 3x SIMD at 36 cu rather than 2xsimd at 56 ( for xbox) .. the tf will be similar but the actuall performance in different tasks will varey .. but overall it will make at most up to 10% difference in gpu tasks. So overall prob less than 5% difference in frame rate that will lessen with optimization. Given the same TF ..In a task which is distributable xbox will be faster but in a task that’s recursive Sony will be just as fast and potentially slightly faster. ... So overall the architecture difference won’t noticeably impact performance.

If Sony has the overall performance advantage they probably wouldn’t consider changing to 2 tb disk.. I’d say Ms can up clock gpu more and Sony knows this and will put in more disk for same cost.

Overall I rate this leak as probable!

Was already proven about a week ago the 3x SIMD thing was someone on Twitter nutting off with their post, looking at an old PS4 Pro patent dated 2015.

As for that Reddit post in particular? Some of it sounds reasonable, like the suspend mode stuff, them maybe pushing for a 2TB drive, maybe the price (I think it'll be lower, until we see exactly what it's working with spec-wise), and maybe 1 or 2 of those launch title listsing.

But expecting ALL of those games at launch? Hell no. I'm also wondering why they'd bring back Killzone or Resistance tbh; Sony seemed comfortable just ceasing the FPS game and pushing COD/Battlefield for their platforms instead, since they're more popular games. And we know there's gonna be a launch version of probably both of those for these systems, too, better to not put your own 1st-party FPS up against them just to get overshadowed (except Halo, which seems to have enough a draw to stand on its own in that kind of context, even if not at Halo 3 levels (at least for the longest while)).

Some of the other games they mention I can see coming over the first few years but again, ALL of that at launch? Can't see it. Reads like a fantasy. FWIW the other rumor with XSX having 12-16 console exclusives at launch sounds just as dumb; why push all those games at once when you can spread them out and give 3rd-parties some room to flex in-between your own?

As February draws nearer, some of these rumors draw ever closer to insanity....

Last edited:

Lort

Banned
Was already proven about a week ago the 3x SIMD thing was someone on Twitter nutting off with their post, looking at an old PS4 Pro patent dated 2015.

As for that Reddit post in particular? Some of it sounds reasonable, like the suspend mode stuff, them maybe pushing for a 2TB drive, maybe the price (I think it'll be lower, until we see exactly what it's working with spec-wise), and maybe 1 or 2 of those launch title listsing.

But expecting ALL of those games at launch? Hell no. I'm also wondering why they'd bring back Killzone or Resistance tbh; Sony seemed comfortable just ceasing the FPS game and pushing COD/Battlefield for their platforms instead, since they're more popular games. And we know there's gonna be a launch version of probably both of those for these systems, too, better to not put your own 1st-party FPS up against them just to get overshadowed (except Halo, which seems to have enough a draw to stand on its own in that kind of context, even if not at Halo 3 levels (at least for the longest while)).

Some of the other games they mention I can see coming over the first few years but again, ALL of that at launch? Can't see it. Reads like a fantasy. FWIW the other rumor with XSX having 12-16 console exclusives at launch sounds just as dumb; why push all those games at once when you can spread them out and give 3rd-parties some room to flex in-between your own?

As February draws nearer, some of these rumors draw ever closer to insanity....

8 games at launch seems possible?
Gt7 at launch seems unlikely unless it’s like GT sport. Maybe they mean launch window to .. and Sony ( as everyone) often seems ambitious before launch when several then get delayed

Sonys current ps4 lineup seems thin ( so they are obviously focusing on ps5) and they want to transition people fast ..the best approach would be affordable and lots of ps5 exclusives games ( not for ps4).

I guess I’m thinking it’s prob 70% right with the usual caveats that games 8 months away from launch don’t really know if they will be ready ( and they mean launch window not launch day).

( also I didn’t read 3xsimd was debunked ..fair enough)

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Want some leaks? Here's one.

A group of members from Xbox Era got a hold of the github leak earlier than others and pieced together a 9.2 tf PS5 theory. They started to push it really hard. You have @Proelite here doing it, even making some bets at Beyond3D that it's going to happen, while his account at Era (DukeBlueBalls) have also been doing it. Great job at always saying that you have a source everywhere else but in Era because you know you'll get found out if you're forced to get verified.

Everything that even hints, or talks about the PS5 in a positive manner gets shut down. Schreier and an Era mod are hacks. Klee has been been public enemy #1, and the stuff that they said on Era pales with what they had at their discord. Colbert joined later and like @Proelite took advantage with Era's 'No off-site drama' policy to be as passive aggressive on Twitter. All the while, Speshal Ed tries to build himself up as an insider. I've lost count over how many 'insiders', or People In The Know, like Timdog, Zedox, hmqgg, Klobrille, Proelite, Speshal Ed that discord has.

So when you see someone post that they have 'sources' saying that PS5 is 9.2 TF, it comes from there. Secretly they want that to be it because they know 2Ghz is impossible so it would be 8TF. The insiders there also came up with another 'leak', that the PS5 wont have many games at launch, which I always found weird because their 9.2 tf theory has it due to the PS5 being made for 2019 but postponed to 2020.

I was glad to get out of the discord some time ago. It just didn't seem healthy. All I wanted was a place to talk about the Xbox without any dumb drama, but that's what I got. I'll be back with more info if it turns out that they were wrong and post more on other dumb stuff that has happened when I was there.

P.S: It makes me sad that even Digital Foundry uses Proelite as a source for some of their articles.

BLwf67O.gif

A group of members from Xbox Era got a hold of the github leak earlier than others and pieced together a 9.2 tf PS5 theory. They started to push it really hard. You have @Proelite here doing it, even making some bets at Beyond3D that it's going to happen, while his account at Era (DukeBlueBalls) have also been doing it. Great job at always saying that you have a source everywhere else but in Era because you know you'll get found out if you're forced to get verified.

Everything that even hints, or talks about the PS5 in a positive manner gets shut down. Schreier and an Era mod are hacks. Klee has been been public enemy #1, and the stuff that they said on Era pales with what they had at their discord. Colbert joined later and like @Proelite took advantage with Era's 'No off-site drama' policy to be as passive aggressive on Twitter. All the while, Speshal Ed tries to build himself up as an insider. I've lost count over how many 'insiders', or People In The Know, like Timdog, Zedox, hmqgg, Klobrille, Proelite, Speshal Ed that discord has.

So when you see someone post that they have 'sources' saying that PS5 is 9.2 TF, it comes from there. Secretly they want that to be it because they know 2Ghz is impossible so it would be 8TF. The insiders there also came up with another 'leak', that the PS5 wont have many games at launch, which I always found weird because their 9.2 tf theory has it due to the PS5 being made for 2019 but postponed to 2020.

I was glad to get out of the discord some time ago. It just didn't seem healthy. All I wanted was a place to talk about the Xbox without any dumb drama, but that's what I got. I'll be back with more info if it turns out that they were wrong and post more on other dumb stuff that has happened when I was there.

P.S: It makes me sad that even Digital Foundry uses Proelite as a source for some of their articles.
Um ...ok. Talk about rewriting history.
The github stuff was found by Komanchi and RoGame. They are not on Era or here. They arent even console people really.
And the 9.2 tflops isn't a theory put together by Xbots, its a simple calculation of the GPU that was tested under the PS5 code names.

MonkeyPunch

Neo Member
Um ...ok. Talk about rewriting history.
The github stuff was found by Komanchi and RoGame. They are not on Era or here. They arent even console people really.
And the 9.2 tflops isn't a theory put together by Xbots, its a simple calculation of the GPU that was tested under the PS5 code names.
I didn't say they found it first, but they found it earlier than rogame (who deleted everything after). It was as easy as searching it on Github which was how more people got it after being clued in.

Still what do I know. I only read their chats on discord.

I'll be back once we got more info on the PS5. All I wanted was some place to chat or play games with. What I got was another misterxmedia level conspiracy, and we really dont need that in our Xbox community.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

Translation. Hoes mad.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Wow. I can't believe both that I called out posted at nearly the same time.

What a coincidence.

You get that no one forced you into the Discord or into the channels with stuff you don’t like hearing yeah?

You understand that?

and yeah, we posted at the same time because your post was linked in there by someone else. Shocker, what a coincidence!

Last edited:

HawarMiran

Banned
Wow. I can't believe both that I called out posted at nearly the same time.

What a coincidence.

Just let them talk man :D. Xbox guys talk about how superior Microsoft is before every gen and then Sony comes in like "Bitch what?". Only time Xbox went toe to toe with Sony was in the PS3 Era and to be honest that was because of the price. They really tried too hard there ( I mean come on they had a fookin Blu-ray player build in and wanted to be exotic with their processor).

I am sure Sony will deliver a top notch console once again AND the best games IMO

Colbert

Banned
It is just always interesting to see what people care about and think.
You could mean that people have better things to do than trying to find subtext in twitter messages and timing of responses.
I hope the theories above will make its way into the public and will not stay only here.
Can't wait to see how it plays out.
And the backtracking ...
LOL

Last edited:
Who made it? Sorry... I missed that you knew who it was....
the leak is from reddit, but shinobi responded with no comment. Normally he would shut it down or avoided it completely but he instead replied with no comment. Shinobi used to leak shit all the time but i he kinda slowed it since he started working in the industry for real

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom