• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proelite

Want some leaks? Here's one.

A group of members from Xbox Era got a hold of the github leak earlier than others and pieced together a 9.2 tf PS5 theory. They started to push it really hard. You have Proelite Proelite here doing it, even making some bets at Beyond3D that it's going to happen, while his account at Era (DukeBlueBalls) have also been doing it. Great job at always saying that you have a source everywhere else but in Era because you know you'll get found out if you're forced to get verified.

Everything that even hints, or talks about the PS5 in a positive manner gets shut down. Schreier and an Era mod are hacks. Klee has been been public enemy #1, and the stuff that they said on Era pales with what they had at their discord. Colbert joined later and like Proelite Proelite took advantage with Era's 'No off-site drama' policy to be as passive aggressive on Twitter. All the while, Speshal Ed tries to build himself up as an insider. I've lost count over how many 'insiders', or People In The Know, like Timdog, Zedox, hmqgg, Klobrille, Proelite, Speshal Ed that discord has.

So when you see someone post that they have 'sources' saying that PS5 is 9.2 TF, it comes from there. Secretly they want that to be it because they know 2Ghz is impossible so it would be 8TF. The insiders there also came up with another 'leak', that the PS5 wont have many games at launch, which I always found weird because their 9.2 tf theory has it due to the PS5 being made for 2019 but postponed to 2020.

I was glad to get out of the discord some time ago. It just didn't seem healthy. All I wanted was a place to talk about the Xbox without any dumb drama, but that's what I got. I'll be back with more info if it turns out that they were wrong and post more on other dumb stuff that has happened when I was there.

P.S: It makes me sad that even Digital Foundry uses Proelite as a source for some of their articles.

U mad bro.

Writing this post isn't going to change the narrative that's reality.

Last edited:

HawarMiran

Banned
Yes. Because there is no one in the world who can make an educated simple conclusion from test results that gives exact bandwidth, clocks, core counts, cache sizes, etc.

Let's take second hand info from journalist and ex-journalist as facts instead.

That is equally bad. I don't believe anything. I just look at what Sony put out in the generations before and I am confident they won't underdeliver. And if they do so be it. Would be the first time.

edit: I mean underdeliver compared to the competition

Last edited:
On the plus side, even if PS5 was 8-9.2 RDNA TFLOPS, it is actually 9.2-11.04 (x1.2 RDNA) to 12-13 (X1.5 RDNA) GCN Range TFLOPS! Which is still 5 to 9 GCN tflops more than PS4Pro!

For Xlauncher, if it is 12 RDNA TFLOPS, it is actually 14.4 (x1.2 RDNA) to 18 (x1.5 RDNA) GCN TFLOPS! Which is 8.4 to 12 more GCN TFLOPS compared to Xbone X!

Its gonna be good!

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Proelite

That is equally bad. I don't believe anything. I just look at what Sony put out in the generations before and I am confident they won't underdeliver. And if they do so be it. Would be the first time.

edit: I mean underdeliver compared to the competition

I'm just kidding.

Github leak says PS5 has triple ops per clock, for 13.8 TF. They're not out specced out all.

Cerny will wow us next month.

Last edited:
Obviously we need to get Cerny to clock the PS5 higher. It's all our fault.

I think Cerny is in a bit of a pickle. I cant put my finger on it. But my gut feeling says something is wrong. Oh well, all will be revealed this February anyways. I hope my eyes will bleed and my head will explode when I see the games that showcase PS5's power.

Proelite

I think Cerny is in a bit of a pickle. I cant put my finger on it. But my gut feeling says something is wrong. Oh well, all will be revealed this February anyways. I hope my eyes will bleed and my head will explode when I see the games that showcase PS5's power.

Personally I think they have some trouble with getting PS4 BC working perfectly for all titles.

With a ~RTX 2080 level GPU, the games from the key studios will be sublime.

CJY

Banned
Next time you see Cerny will be FP16 calculations.

And given what he tried to pull off last time by saying PS4 Pro is 8.4 TF (using FP16) when X was launching soon at 6 TF straight up, if he gets on stage and starts talking FP16, you know something sneaky is being promoted.

I wouldn't assume something is up at all. FP16 has many useful applications. FP8 does too, in AI and neural networks for instance.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
New Reddit "leak"

Epic leak or equally epic fan-wank? Who knows.

Mostly plausible, but....
this is probably a 100% bs. but man that was fun to read. the best part about this cycle of the next gen is that anything is possible. and i want so much of this to be possible.

The Future of PlayStation and PS5 (Leak / Information)

Leak
- PlayStation 5 is launching October 30th for $500. The price point is set, but many variables including SSD size is liable to change over the next couple of months. They are trying to push to 2TB.
- Launch games planned currently include:
· New Killzone Title from Guerrilla Games (This title has been very much under wraps for years. It seems to be a huge departure / reboot from the rest of the franchise. Also extra focus on multiplayer.)
· Demon’s Souls Remake from Bluepoint Games (It’s a full remake of the game. Despite having Miyazaki’s blessing the game is sure to be a source of debate for fans since Bluepoint are taking artistic liberties and adding their own ideas.)
· SOCOM Reboot from San Diego Studio (Long rumored to be in development at Guerrilla, the game is being developed by ex Zipper Interactive employees and burnt out MLB devs using the Decima Engine. It has almost photo-realistic graphics.)
· Gran Turismo 7 from Polyphony Digital (Huge project that has been in development since 2014. The game is designed to be supported for 10 years and has more employees working on it than any game Sony has ever made.)
· New Ratchet & Clank from Insomniac Games (Start of a new Trilogy and sequel to the Future series the game has been in development since before the 2016 Remake was released. This game sees the return of space exploration, hoverboots and competitive multiplayer which could be free to play. Still being decided.)
· New Multiplayer Title (Project Vanguard) from Remedy Entertainment (Sony is planning to acquire Remedy based on the reception to this game and a few other variables. In terms of this game, think of a cross between Control, Star Trek and the film Gravity.)
· WiLD from Wild Sheep Studio (Back in 2017 the game was a mess and lacked direction with Michel Ancel devoting more time to Beyond Good & Evil 2. He is still on board just in a lesser capacity. The game has switched to Decima Engine and will be on PS4 and PS5.)
· New Action Title from London Studio (Actually inspired by Hellblade, this game is a short, but hopefully satisfying open world Guy Ritchie-like adventure.)
· New Action Title from Japan Studio (From the makers of Forbidden Siren, this game is more of a spiritual successor to Gravity Rush 2.)
All titles are liable to be delayed out of Fall 2020.
- Sony will host an event on February 5th to unveil the system, controller and key aspects of their plan with another event close to E3 2020 in timing, then one last event shortly before release. There will also be 2 or 3 State of Play’s throughout the year to keep fans excited and remind gamers of other big PlayStation releases.
- Other non-launch titles due to be unveiled at these events include:
· New Horizon Title from Guerrilla Games (2021)
· New Uncharted Title from New Unnamed Studio (2021)
· New The Order Title from Ready at Dawn Studios (2021)
· New Motorstorm Title from Codemasters (2021)
· New Spider-Man Title from Insomniac Games (2022)
· New God of War Title from Santa Monica Studio (2022)
· New Fumito Ueda Title from genDesign (2022)
All titles are liable to not be unveiled. Plans change or worse.
- Key features of PlayStation 5 include:
· The ability to have 3 games and multiple media functionalities suspended while you play a 4th game.
· The ability to have different states of the same game running at the same time.
· In the cloud you can have as many games suspended as you like. You can use the cloud to resume a game on your console after months of playing other game exactly where you left off or of course any other platform through the cloud.
· Save data, screenshots and video clips can be offloaded to the cloud to free up hard drive space.
· Rigorous amounts of data and statistics for you to view about your games and platform use.
· Backwards Compatibility for all PlayStation Formats.
- More on Backwards Compatibility
Expect PlayStation 1, 2, 3 and 4 games available to purchase and play on PS5 at launch. The full PS4 catalogue will be available, but libraries will be limited for other platforms to begin with. More games will be added as time goes on in much the same way Microsoft did. You will actually see a lot more old games supporting high frame rates, 4K resolution and HDR (even ray tracing) on PS5 than has been possible on Xbox One. Sony are very much concerned about saving old games from older platforms. They have the first Gran Turismo game running on PlayStation 5 at 120fps with ray tracing enabled. It looks surprisingly great for a 22 year old game. Backwards compatibility for PSP and Vita are also in development with Sony aiming to have both available within 2 years of the system launching.
- Some other tidbits:
  1. Sony and Microsoft are currently both in a business war with one another to secure marketing rights to certain third party titles that are going to be considered major draws to the next generation. Interestingly enough Microsoft has already gotten the marketing for Rocksteady’s new title, but the WB Games Montreal title heavily rumored to be called Batman: Arkham Legacy (not sure about the name) is up for the taking and is said to be an exceedingly and surprisingly impressive game. Right now the developers are having issues porting the game to current generation hardware. Also in contention is 2 different projects from EA Motive, a 4th Mafia game from 2K, an exciting New IP from Sega and Creative Assembly and Ubisoft’s Avatar.
  2. Rumors about either Sony or Microsoft undercutting each other on price is wrong. Both cost very similarly to produce, are almost indistinguishable in terms of specs and can’t afford to launch at any less than $500. The main differences between both systems is the SSD technology which Sony has the slight edge on, but the differences and long term outcomes cannot be predicted.
  3. Xbox Lockhart is in development, but isn’t going to make it out in time for Xbox Series X launch and specs are still being decided.
  4. There is some truth to rumors that Sony is looking to acquiring ZeniMax Media with Herman Hulst leading the charge, however this has actually happened before and if there is no news before the end of March don’t expect it to happen.
  5. Lastly speaking of Herman Hulst, there is a considerable amount of renewed excitement within Sony and Worldwide Studios with the restructuring and appointment of Hulst. Everything is more organized with communication and worker satisfaction being at an all-time high.

i mean new killzone with multiplayer. new motorstorm. new ueda game. the order 2. london studios making a guy ritchie style game. ray traced backward compatibility at 120 fps. lmao.

its a 100% bs but i gotta give it top marks for the earnestness. its something i would write in my dream scenarios if i was drunk.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

A little bit of me died just now, thinking how it's unlikely to ever happen.

For shame Sony.

if ninja theory can do this.

C1cD9cN.gif

RpwCXgX.gif

then evolution studios can achieve motorstorm cg graphics.

CJY

Banned
Out of the gate the only person who would know All that is a combination of Spencer and Ryan so they don’t exist.
Then we can kill the rest of the illogical

then Shinobi said all BS

so this is a fantasy and not accuratr

Most of this "leak" seems very plausible. Fact is, all of Sony's studios bar ND and SP are probably all developing games for PS5 already. Basically, there is nothing that unrealistic with most of it. If any of it doesn't happen at the reveal, it's likely it'll come within 12-18 months of launch anyway. It reads like a compilation of popular rumours today surrounding Sony's first party studios.

Where it gets a bit dicey for me is the stuff about BC of PS1 games running at 120fps with RT. That sounds pie-in-the-sky to me, because it just doesn't sound technically feasible, but if Sony have figured out a way to accomplish this, it would fit in line with Jim Ryan's comments a couple of years back questioning why people would want to play old classic games.

When we've dabbled with backwards compatibility, I can say it is one of those features that is much requested, but not actually used much. That, and I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games, and the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?

A year later, they launch the PlayStation Classic which flopped hard, but it stands to reason, (based on Ryan's comments) that if BC of PS1-PS3 were to come to PS5, they would include some visuals improvements. This has pretty much been Sony's desire since the beginning of this generation - to breathe new life into old games with up-rezzed PS2 classics, or their work on Parappa The Rapper and LocoRoco Remasters.

SlimySnake

Want some leaks? Here's one.

A group of members from Xbox Era got a hold of the github leak earlier than others and pieced together a 9.2 tf PS5 theory. They started to push it really hard. You have Proelite Proelite here doing it, even making some bets at Beyond3D that it's going to happen, while his account at Era (DukeBlueBalls) have also been doing it. Great job at always saying that you have a source everywhere else but in Era because you know you'll get found out if you're forced to get verified.

Everything that even hints, or talks about the PS5 in a positive manner gets shut down. Schreier and an Era mod are hacks. Klee has been been public enemy #1, and the stuff that they said on Era pales with what they had at their discord. Colbert joined later and like Proelite Proelite took advantage with Era's 'No off-site drama' policy to be as passive aggressive on Twitter. All the while, Speshal Ed tries to build himself up as an insider. I've lost count over how many 'insiders', or People In The Know, like Timdog, Zedox, hmqgg, Klobrille, Proelite, Speshal Ed that discord has.

So when you see someone post that they have 'sources' saying that PS5 is 9.2 TF, it comes from there. Secretly they want that to be it because they know 2Ghz is impossible so it would be 8TF. The insiders there also came up with another 'leak', that the PS5 wont have many games at launch, which I always found weird because their 9.2 tf theory has it due to the PS5 being made for 2019 but postponed to 2020.

I was glad to get out of the discord some time ago. It just didn't seem healthy. All I wanted was a place to talk about the Xbox without any dumb drama, but that's what I got. I'll be back with more info if it turns out that they were wrong and post more on other dumb stuff that has happened when I was there.

P.S: It makes me sad that even Digital Foundry uses Proelite as a source for some of their articles.
giphy.gif

MonkeyPunch

Neo Member
Schreier and an Era mod are hacks. Klee has been been public enemy #1

U mad bro.

Writing this post isn't going to change the narrative that's reality.

0vTTjPf.gif

Yes. Because there is no one in the world who can make an educated simple conclusion from test results that gives exact bandwidth, clocks, core counts, cache sizes, etc.

Let's take second hand info from journalist and ex-journalist as facts instead.

giphy.gif

SlimySnake

I bookmarked some posts to go back in the near future... it is the first I do that and it is a nice feature.
i have like 99 posts of r600 on bookmarks. lol i wouldnt be surprised if he was hanging out with this discord group. i always found it suspicious how he was a 100% sure of the 8-9 tflops ps5 gpu. after all, komachi and apisak only gave us clockspeeds. the 36 cus didnt come out until rogame in december but r600 was always sure.

when he changed his prediction of the xbox to 12 tflops and kept the ps5 at 8-9 tflops, i knew something was up. how can you call people crazy for over a year, every day of the year, multiple times a day just for predictions over 10 tflops and then throw it all away on a windowscentral and tom warren leak? i mean it was credible but why keep ps5 the same 8 tflops now that we know 12 tflops is clearly possible in a console. so lame.

webber

Now is a good time to promise all you fools souls to the lord of darkness in exchange of some leaks.
We're in his page.

Last edited:

Shmunter

I said it before Cerny said it in the interview & it's true I'm not sure why people are too dumb to understand that PS4 Pro is 8.4TF fp16 this is a fact & just because people don't understand it don't change the fact that it's true lol
It’s true. It’s just that it doesn’t represent the complete story. I.e, no game is fp16 only, therefore no game on ps4pro is performing at 8.4tf vs a fp32 6tf Xbox X.

The nuance is key in such conversations, leaving it out can come across to some as a disingenuous stance.

Last edited:

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I said it before Cerny said it in the interview & it's true I'm not sure why people are too dumb to understand that PS4 Pro is 8.4TF fp16 this is a fact & just because people don't understand it don't change the fact that it's true lol

I"m just saying, Cerny didn't explicitly say it. The other guy I quoted said he did. I was just correcting him.

Cerny mentioned RPM, but didn't mention 8TF for the PRo

mortal

Gold Member
No. But here, have this for u if you want to read someone's rambling on

Throw in Agent while you're at it.
Pffft "leak". Get this Christmas wishlist out of here :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I love how he somehow knows the length of one of these games, yet doesn't even know the fucking title..

Last edited:

onQ123

I"m just saying, Cerny didn't explicitly say it. The other guy I quoted said he did. I was just correcting him.

Cerny mentioned RPM, but didn't mention 8TF for the PRo

Yes he did

"One of the features appearing for the first time is the handling of 16-bit variables - it's possible to perform two 16-bit operations at a time instead of one 32-bit operation," he says, confirming what we learned during our visit to VooFoo Studios to check out Mantis Burn Racing. "In other words, at full floats, we have 4.2 teraflops. With half-floats, it's now double that, which is to say, 8.4 teraflops in 16-bit computation. This has the potential to radically increase performance."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom